• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Granondorf spin-off when Nintendo? You could make mad bucks. Mad bucks I tell you!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Granondorf spin-off when Nintendo? You could make mad bucks. Mad bucks I tell you!
We gotta get the Bowser spinoff first where he fights Wart and Totanga as number #1 Mario villain

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Hey @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , since there isn't really much to discuss, could we perhaps talk about this topic for a little while?
Who would be each One Piece character's Disney equivalent, to keep it simple we'll stick to just the straw hats and the past and present warlords.
The social thread is closed for 24 hours, so I don't know where to post social stuff like this until its open.
I was trying to think of an answe until I remembered something.

I'm still pissed at a few things about the J Stars Victory VS roster.

•No Roronoa Zoro
•No Yugi Motou
•No Light Yagami
•No Piccolo or Gohan
•Allen Walker is an assist
•Boa Hancock and a Marine Captain got in over one of the Straw Hats, especially Zoro, a main character since the second episode
•No Dio

Yeah, they're mostly nitpicks, and I can see why they didn't include Yugi Motou and Light Yagami because of technical limitations and poor 3D translation for Yugi and probably lack of non-instakill moveset potential for Light, (forgive me I haven't read/watched Death Note) but still...

Zoro, Piccolo, and Allen all got wrongly shafted.

Still, I really love the roster we got minus that, and I didn't mean to go on a tangent.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So Wave 5A comes out in 11 days for North America. And my birthday is 11 days after that. Hopefully I'll get Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf but I'll still be grateful for what get on that day even if isn't amiibo.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

•No Roronoa Zoro
•No Yugi Motou
•No Light Yagami
•No Piccolo or Gohan
•Boa Hancock and a Marine Captain got in over one of the Straw Hats, especially Zoro, a main character since the second episode
•No Dio

Yeah, they're mostly nitpicks, and I can see why they didn't include Yugi Motou and Light Yagami because of technical limitations and poor 3D translation for Yugi and probably lack of non-instakill moveset potential for Light, (forgive me I haven't read/watched Death Note) but still...

Still, I really love the roster we got minus that, and I didn't mean to go on a tangent.
I don't know about Yugi. They were able to do just fine with him on the DS. So I'd assume a more superior console would be able to handle him.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So here's something neat to talk about.
Oh man, I wish I had a programming friend, it's always been my dream to make games someday.

On your topic, I haven't played Air Ride so I don't have an opinion either way, but I'm salivating at the idea of a 3D Kirby.

He should do that instead.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Not sure if it was discussed but Amazon selling Digital Eshop stuff. Cool

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I don't know about Yugi. They were able to do just fine with him on the DS. So I'd assume a more superior console would be able to handle him.
That was in 2D. For 3D, they would have to create models AND animations for each of his card summons, along with the fact that his moveset would likely be too situational and gimmicky to use properly. They could have given him Dark Magician as a puppet style character for all his standard attacks and have him summon other card creatures for Supers and such, but then again I don't think seperatable Ice Climbers works in a knockback-heavy arena fighter. Which is sad, because Yugi was one of my most wanted not to make it in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh man, I wish I had a programming friend, it's always been my dream to make games someday.

On your topic, I haven't played Air Ride so I don't have an opinion either way, but I'm salivating at the idea of a 3D Kirby.

He should do that instead.
Said one would be made if he had copious amounts of free time.

And my friend has something to show you guys to show how serious he is.

image.jpg

He really wants to hear your opinions.

Anything you want to suggest? Any dream modes or stars?

Maybe a huge Kirby fan like @Chandelure ?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907

Are you guys interested in Kirby Air Ride 2?

Because a friend of mine got into programming and believe me, this person is gonna make it.

My bud has already recreated the basic engine for Kirby and basic Star mechanics.

Let me give you a rundown of things planned to be put in the game.

• Playable characters expanded to Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Magalor, Rick and Coo, and maybe more
  • Characters can now jump on and off vehicles no matter who they are
  • City trial is the only mode, but the others are incorporated into it
  • All courses from the original are planned to return as is the basic city
  • I don't know what's up with Top Ride but I imagine it will be an event
  • There will be five different cities, I know one will be Cappy Town
  • Events are toggleable like item switch
  • More options to customize matches
  • All stars return along with new ones
  • Bosses will be in and will act like Dyna Blade, these range from Marx, 02, Dark Matter, Dark Mind, Nightmare, Sectonia, pretty much any big one he can fit
  • After defeating the boss, which will be made to be quite hard, you get a star based on them.
  • Every Copy ability in the series will be usable. Not sure how this is supposed to work but the person is adamant on it
  • Each level would have a My Music like toggle, it would include normal the,was and fan made remixes
  • Several new events would be added

I was just wondering if you guys would be interested in this. My bud wants to get an idea on demand and whether and to see what ideas you guys can come up with or what features you want.

Sad thing is. My friend is terrified. The game would be free of course and would be done out of love for the original game (my bud's favorite game of all time), but he doesn't want a cease and desist from Nintendo like the Mario 64 HD remake got. It's why I'm introducing it casually and it's not it's own site or anything.

Either way, thoughts? Suggestions?

Tell me what you think guys. On the game itself and the Nintendo issue.
It's basically become a ritual every time I visit my family back home to play, like, 15 matches of City Trial with my brother every day I'm there. So yes, I'm totally behind this, so long as the Swerve Star is just as broken as ever. I don't know if there's any way I could personally help (programming, music, ???), but Kirby Air Ride is the best.

As for thoughts / suggestions, I love how Smash Run gives you passive stat boosts based on how you play (taking damage / shielding raises Defense, using grabs raises Arms, etc.), giving you a bit more control in how your final build ends up, without ever being a huge factor. Maybe that could be incorporated into the power-up system somehow?

If copyright proves to be an issue à la that SM64 HD project, I imagine you could probably remove the Kirby characters from the game without sacrificing too much, but if that's not an option, that's understandable, I guess. Given that there's no way to actually buy Kirby Air Ride for a current-gen system, hopefully it wouldn't be as big an issue? I'd tread lightly, I guess, as video game copyright stuff gets pretty murky.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
*breathes deeply* Ahhhh Fresh New Thread Smell.

But anyway, I turned on my Wii U and my Smash Bros icon was flashing and when I clicked on it, it took an unusually long time to load so I was like "uhh.. wait I thought there was no update" but then when it loaded nothing happened. No idea what that was all about. haha
Unless there was some stealth update that my Wii U decided not to tell me about, but I super doubt that'd be a thing.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I keep thinking of ideas for TOME and RWBY fighting games but because I have no programming skill that would go nowhere.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox

That was in 2D. For 3D, they would have to create models AND animations for each of his card summons, along with the fact that his moveset would likely be too situational and gimmicky to use properly. They could have given him Dark Magician as a puppet style character for all his standard attacks and have him summon other card creatures for Supers and such, but then again I don't think seperatable Ice Climbers works in a knockback-heavy arena fighter. Which is sad, because Yugi was one of my most wanted not to make it in.
I was also quite disappointed that Yugi didn't make it in. I was expecting him to be a support/assist character at the very least too. I'm surprised no Death Note characters either. I'm not quite sure why Zoro and Piccolo were shafted but it could possibly be because of fan votes. I don't why else Hancock was chosen instead. It's still a fun game though; Tsuna is my main.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Are you guys interested in Kirby Air Ride 2?

Because a friend of mine got into programming and believe me, this person is gonna make it.

My bud has already recreated the basic engine for Kirby and basic Star mechanics.

Let me give you a rundown of things planned to be put in the game.

• Playable characters expanded to Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Magalor, Rick and Coo, and maybe more
  • Characters can now jump on and off vehicles no matter who they are
  • City trial is the only mode, but the others are incorporated into it
  • All courses from the original are planned to return as is the basic city
  • I don't know what's up with Top Ride but I imagine it will be an event
  • There will be five different cities, I know one will be Cappy Town
  • Events are toggleable like item switch
  • More options to customize matches
  • All stars return along with new ones
  • Bosses will be in and will act like Dyna Blade, these range from Marx, 02, Dark Matter, Dark Mind, Nightmare, Sectonia, pretty much any big one he can fit
  • After defeating the boss, which will be made to be quite hard, you get a star based on them.
  • Every Copy ability in the series will be usable. Not sure how this is supposed to work but the person is adamant on it
  • Each level would have a My Music like toggle, it would include normal the,was and fan made remixes
  • Several new events would be added

I was just wondering if you guys would be interested in this. My bud wants to get an idea on demand and whether and to see what ideas you guys can come up with or what features you want.

Sad thing is. My friend is terrified. The game would be free of course and would be done out of love for the original game (my bud's favorite game of all time), but he doesn't want a cease and desist from Nintendo like the Mario 64 HD remake got. It's why I'm introducing it casually and it's not it's own site or anything.

Either way, thoughts? Suggestions?

Tell me what you think guys. On the game itself and the Nintendo issue.
To simply put it, YES I LOVED THAT GAME!!!!

.....90% because of city trial but let's be honest, who wasn't the case?

So, hope your friend's project goes well, it definitely for me sounds a lot of work so it would be very interesting. I mean I played paper mari 3d land lately which was a fangame of sm3dland with paper mario and it was very good for a fangame so.....yeah.

I just love city trial, music, colors, random things.....love it :)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a picture of one of the boss stars.

image.jpg

This one is based on 02.

Currently he's making one based on Heavy Lobster.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was super bummed that the Rosalina trailer wasn't actually Kirby Air Ride content in Mario Kart 8.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Kirby's Air Ride 2. MUST. HAPPEN. I cannot stress that enough.

And your friend's really talented, @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei ! Love the 02 star! If anything, I hope it raises awareness for a real Kirby's Air Ride 2. Best of luck to him in his project!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Here's a picture of one of the boss stars.

This one is based on 02.

Currently he's making one based on Heavy Lobster.

What do you think?
I'm more interested by the decor because holy **** this is so close to the original........

Seriously, I don't have much to suggest but to just continue where this is going.....

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I was also quite disappointed that Yugi didn't make it in. I was expecting him to be a support/assist character at the very least too. I'm surprised no Death Note characters either. I'm not quite sure why Zoro and Piccolo were shafted but it could possibly be because of fan votes. I don't why else Hancock was chosen instead. It's still a fun game though; Tsuna is my main.
Death Note characters don't make sense in a fighting game. Edit: inb4 ("Villager doesn't make sense in a fighting game or other argument")
They were assists in Ultimate Stars because they figured out like 1 move each they could do as assists (Misa uses her eyes, Light writes a name down, etc) but there's no way they could work them into a game as actual fighters and have it make sense. The Shinigami wouldn't be able to actually touch any of the fighters, and granted we know Light and L are decent at fighting, but there wouldn't be any moves either of them could do that would be remotely unique or interesting besides Light writing a name down in the book which would have to OHKO the person you're fighting or it doesn't make sense (already didn't make sense in Ultimate Stars)

It's not like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer or something where they have like things in their series that would make sense to use as random attacks. It's an extremely straightforward series. There's not like legit gimmicks they could use, you know?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Didn't Yuna use her summons in Dissidia? Would something like that work?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was super bummed that the Rosalina trailer wasn't actually Kirby Air Ride content in Mario Kart 8.
This is why believe Rosalina has the second worst Smash 4 trailer ever. That Kirby's Air Ride Tease made me upset as hell.

Overall worst is still Palutena because Shaft can't animate worth a damn and it's boring

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Anyone got a list of the currently found Mario Maker amiibo on hand? :drshrug:

MainJPW

M.T.A

•No Roronoa Zoro
•No Yugi Motou
•No Light Yagami
•No Piccolo or Gohan
•No Dio

What are the chances of character DLC, any word on that?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is why believe Rosalina has the second worst Smash 4 trailer ever. That Kirby's Air Ride Tease made me upset as hell.

Overall worst is still Palutena because Shaft can't animate worth a damn and it's boring
It was a tease like Ridley was a tease.

We assumed something they never intended.

And he really does want ideas. Any ideas for a new city? Capps Town, Castle Dedede and the Halberd were a few ideas.

Maybe characters?

Soul.

Oh hey a new thread. I thought you all would move when page 2000 came.
Still though it's cool.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It was a tease like Ridley was a tease.

We assumed something they never intended.

And he really does want ideas. Any ideas for a new city? Capps Town, Castle Dedede and the Halberd were a few ideas.

Maybe characters?
We assume because damn, you know we want it but man it was just heartbreaking

As for ideas

Try Great Cave Offensive and some stuff from Amazing Mirror like Candy Constellation

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Make some suggestions! :D
The Heavy Lobster should function like a mix between the Hydra and the Bulk Star
+Powerful
+Pretty quick
+Above average in the air (Have you seen that lobster jump?)
+High HP
•Does more damage from ramming into a foe than Spinning
-Burns up Fuel quickly
-Takes a bit to charge up (Not as long as Hydra or Bulk, but still a little bit)
-Low Handling

An Air Ride based off the Lor Starcutter would be awesome too, we already have the Rice Mobile, why not a boat? :4pacman:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We assume because damn, you know we want it but man it was just heartbreaking

As for ideas

Try Great Cave Offensive and some stuff from Amazing Mirror like Candy Constellation
He said he's gonna make GCO as a city now. He loved that suggestion.

He is watching this thread you guys and he said he appreciates the kind and encouraging words.

The Heavy Lobster should function like a mix between the Hydra and the Bulk Star
+Powerful
+Pretty quick
+Above average in the air (Have you seen that lobster jump?)
+High HP
•Does more damage from ramming into a foe than Spinning
-Burns up Fuel quickly
-Takes a bit to charge up (Not as long as Hydra or Bulk, but still a little bit)
-Low Handling

An Air Ride based off the Lor Starcutter would be awesome too, we already have the Rice Mobile, why not a boat? :4pacman:
Lor will be one and he's not focusing on stats right now but that sounds amazing.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Maybe characters?
LOOK AT THAT GOOEY
GIMME THE GOOEY
I SEE THE GOOEY
I WANT THE GOOEY
BACK UP THE GOOEY
I SAW THE GOOEY
LOVIN' THE GOOEY
ROUND GO-

*shot down by Moderinos*
Elline too? She's a QTP2T

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
LOOK AT THAT GOOEY
GIMME THE GOOEY
I SEE THE GOOEY
I WANT THE GOOEY
BACK UP THE GOOEY
I SAW THE GOOEY
LOVIN' THE GOOEY
ROUND GO-

*shot down by Moderinos*
Elline too? She's a QTP2T
Gooey is in.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Lor will be one and he's not focusing on stats right now but that sounds amazing.
Thanks mate :4pacman:
Another fun little idea would be to have a few retro-inspired things
8-Bit Warpstar as an Air Ride, VS Meta Knight's Army as a Stadium, Butter Building would be a fun vertical-focused racetrack, Dyna Blade (Subgame from Super Star) as a City maybe?
And a Kine Mobile? :4pacman:
Gooey is in.
GOOD.
Now where's the QTP2T

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thanks mate :4pacman:
Another fun little idea would be to have a few retro-inspired things
8-Bit Warpstar as an Air Ride, VS Meta Knight's Army as a Stadium, Butter Building would be a fun vertical-focused racetrack, Dyna Blade (Subgame from Super Star) as a City maybe?
And a Kine Mobile? :4pacman:

GOOD.
Now where's the QTP2T
Explain your 8-bit idea.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Explain your 8-bit idea.
8-Bit Idea?
You mean the 8-Bit Warpstar?
Well I thought it would be kinda neat to make an Air Ride (Those are what I call the veichles) based on the 8-Bit Sprites used in Kirby's Dreamland/Adventure (Maybe give the Rider a nice Gameboy-esque coloring as a nice touch?)
Just a cute little idea :4pacman:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Said one would be made if he had copious amounts of free time.

And my friend has something to show you guys to show how serious he is.

He really wants to hear your opinions.

Anything you want to suggest? Any dream modes or stars?

Maybe a huge Kirby fan like @Chandelure ?
Kirby fan here willing and excited to help out.

If you're taking suggestions for playable characters, I'd personally like to suggest Ribbon and Adeleine from Kirby 64, Daroach from Squeak Squad, Gooey from Dream Land 3, and the sword-wielding form of Dark Matter from Dream Land 2. All of em are pretty decently sized and different enough visually to stand out on a playable Kirby roster.

As for stars:

- one that looks like a UFO as a shout-out to UFO Kirby would be neat
- A mini-halberd is a must
- if you're willing to do anime shout-outs, one to Dedede's infamous limo would be great.
- one based on Kabula would be really neat
- the starship from KSS would also be fantastic as well as the helper version of it
- Heavy Mole is another good base for a star
- this one might be a bit obscure, but HR-E would also be really neat as a star

As for modes, a game my two brothers and I used to play in the original Air Ride was a game where we'd go to that sky dome area and then jump of and try to ditch our vehicles at the right time to get them to land on certain parts of the map. Maybe something similar could work as a minigame? Warpstar Golf anyone?

Another game we used to play involved one player on a Hydra, and the others on foot in City Trial free roam. The on-foot players would start in a corner of the map and would attempt to get to the "garage" underground where all the stars were kept, and the hydra player would try to keep them away from the garage for as long as possible using the Hydra's ridiculous knockback to send the on-foot kirbies careening across the map. When the on-foot players go into the garage, they could use any vehicle in there (minus the Dragoon) to try and destroy the Hydra player's Hydra. When the Hydra was killed, the person who killed it got to be the Hydra for the next round. It's a bit convoluted to explain, but hours of enjoyment were spend playing this game with my brothers, so I feel like a sub-game dedicated to this would be oodles of fun.

Also, an obligatory capture-the-flag mode would be great. Two teams try and capture either a centrally placed star or the enemy team's defended star (depending on the mode) to try and bring it back to their base for a point. To make it more difficult, the star to be captured could have pitiful stats, meaning that the player who commits to trying to take it back to base will be severely weakened whilst riding it, and will mostly have to rely on teammates to keep them safe. And for good measure powerups and abilities and stat boosts would randomly spawn about the map to keep things exciting (with an off switch for them of course).

I'll keep brainstorming but for now this is hopefully a good start for some ideas.

Edit: Brainstormed a few modes, added them to this post.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
There were 47 days between two of the major updates.

September 16th B O Y Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom