• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The title made me think SK was confirmed. I was gone and had around 15 pages to go through...which made it seem like something seriously happened!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yep.
Same.
Not to mention, I am a perfectionist, so I can't finish level until I've built it for like 12 hours...and even then, once I release it I'm STILL not content. Lol.
I have this same problem. Tonight I am taking down an upload of mine so I can tweak it a little before I upload it again.

Soul.

Does Shovel Knight even have a support thread. I don't check the threads below the character forums.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
PushDustin? More like... PushinusovertheedgeDustin, amirite?
EHHHHHHHH?

Chrono.

Start simple and then expand. My ideas don't really bloom until I am half way through putting in the landscape. Then little ideas pop up as I go along. I never go in having a grand scheme.
Pretty much this.

I've started like 5 levels but I haven't been able to finish any of them because I get ideas for others lol and other times I just drop them because the ideas are way too ambitious in practice...

Though I am close to finishing up a level, for once.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Well, my life surely has changed during my time on Smashboards.

I've really begun to think that everyone on this site is against me. Sure, I use aggressive sarcasm, but is that really an excuse to not look at my point of view?

I'm not saying I can't handle arguments, but it gets to me when people bash you solely based on your personality.

I just want to be excited as we near the Ballot's end, but after what has happened over the past few months, I just can't.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Well, my life surely has changed during my time on Smashboards.

I've really begun to think that everyone on this site is against me. Sure, I use aggressive sarcasm, but is that really an excuse to not look at my point of view?

I'm not saying I can't handle arguments, but it gets to me when people bash you solely based on your personality.

I just want to be excited as we near the Ballot's end, but after what has happened over the past few months, I just can't.
I wouldn't take it personally. Everyone's anxious and irritable... Welcome to Smash discussion!

D

Deleted member

I have a bunch of general ideas but O believe I won't be able to mix them properly with a full level and it'll end up as a cluster****

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have a bunch of general ideas but O believe I won't be able to mix them properly with a full level and it'll end up as a cluster****
That is why you use trial and error. If it begins to feel like a clusterF, then hit that erase icon and tone it down. That is the beauty of being able to design things yourself. I've added and taken away crap constantly. I spend an hour at a time figuring out the best placement for a Boo Circle thingy or whatever else. Just take your time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does anyone know how to make a poster?

D

Deleted member

i still don't really know why people picked king knight
he's one of the most boring knights to me
I don't think he's boring, he's just the least interesting and I believe that's because he suffers from "first boss" syndrome
If I had to change King for another one, I would choose Polar Knight
I want to know what his conection to Butt Butt was and aee how they would make him playable
3big to be playable
At least Specter Knight will get his DLC and he's my favorite of the bunch

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Honestly, I hope that all of the knights get some sort of DLC campaign of some sort.

I could see YCG doing a mini prequel campaign with Shovel Knight and Shield Knight as select able characters, with levels that mostly revolve around Shield Knights abilities along with Shovel Knight being the "hard mode" sort of character as a result.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Heres a Mario Maker level

Star Fox! Ace Pilot!
F733-0000-006A-CF57

In this level, youll be flying (Swimming) through the air (water) at high speeds (As fast as this game allowed me to)! Defeat the boss that awaits you!

Pretty concepty, made it in less than an hour. Maybe people will like it and itll take flight. :4fox:

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I hope that all of the knights get some sort of DLC campaign of some sort.

I could see YCG doing a mini prequel campaign with Shovel Knight and Shield Knight as select able characters, with levels that mostly revolve around Shield Knights abilities along with Shovel Knight being the "hard mode" sort of character as a result.
I believe the closest we'll get is the 4-player battle mode
"Well, you'll see, I'll make my own Smash game, with blackjack and hookers"

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Shovel Knight's tagline isn't...

Shovel Knight Buts In.

0/10.

Horrible decision.

Will not purchase DLC.

Please don't start more butt jokes.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I might be the only person in the world who doesn't understand "Butt butt." But I haven't finished SK yet (it's on hold until we find time to record more) so if it's some odd spoilery thing by the end, don't tell me.

D

Deleted member

If Shovel Knight's tagline isn't...

Shovel Knight Buts In.

0/10.

Horrible decision.

Will not purchase DLC.

Please don't start more butt jokes.
Villager butts to town
Mega Man joins the butt
Rosalina and Luma butt into battle
Greninja makes a butt
Pac Man hungers for butt
Lucina awakens her butt
Robin brings the butt
Shulk foresees a butt
Bowser Jr. Butts the competition
Duck Hunt take butt

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, time to share one of more elaborate courses with you all. It's fairly easy, but it does take some effort. :p So here it is; F1EF-0000-006A-D636

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pac Man hungers for butt
Lucina awakens her butt
Robin brings the butt
Shulk foresees a butt
Pac-Man? Seek professional help, that is nasty.

Lucina? Stop going to Taco Bell home girl.

Robin knows Jennifer Lopez?

Good for Shulk? Bout time he got some ass.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I might be the only person in the world who doesn't understand "Butt butt." But I haven't finished SK yet (it's on hold until we find time to record more) so if it's some odd spoilery thing by the end, don't tell me.
There's a weird cheat code in the game that changes the words "Shovel" and "Knight" to "Butt."

So instead of Shovel Knight being a Knight who wields a shovel on his quest for his beloved Shield Knight, Butt Butt is a butt who wields a butt on his quest for his beloved Shield butt. On the way he fights bosses like King Butt, Plague Butt, etc.

It's an intentionally immature joke put in the game by Yacht Club.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Pac-Man? Seek professional help, that is nasty.

Lucina? Stop going to Taco Bell home girl.

Robin knows Jennifer Lopez?

Good for Shulk? Bout time he got some ***.
Pacman just listens to too much modern hippity hops and the raps.
Now he's eatin' the booties like groceries...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Smashified music teaser.

I'm going to pretend I know this is music for Dixie and get hyped.
I'm trying to think of a game that this song is from, but even if I guess right, I bet this is an original part he added to a song that is from a game.
But regardless, I'm drawing a blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom