• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Anyone who's played Xenoblade here has any tips for defeating the Solidum Telethia?

This has to be the most annoying boss I've faced so far in this game...
Just wait until you fight this boss I'm on in Sword Valley.

For the Telethia fight, my best advice is to use Riki, Shulk and Sharla.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just wait until you fight this boss I'm on in Sword Valley.

For the Telethia fight, my best advice is to use Riki, Shulk and Sharla.
I've managed to defeat the Telethia, but my problem is that girl that's immune to the Monado's attacks...

Chrono.

So uh look who's in the TV show. Episode 52 is when he appears
I hope he's actually likeable in the show.

In the games it was like the writers saw a bunch of #owtheedge jokes, based his personality off of that and called it a day.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I hope he's actually likeable in the show.

In the games it was like the writers saw a bunch of #owtheedge jokes, based his personality off of that and called it a day.
"Hmph, I don't need friends."

Soooo stupid. Shadow's personality was actually good in SA2, I wish they looked at that instead of taking his flandarized personality as displayed in Shadow The Hedgehog and beyond.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Eh... I realize this post may be a bit long for some and may not pertain to the topic at hand, but it brings up the issue of DLC and where Nintendo may be headed with it. I made a post similar to that before, but it didn't really get a lot of attention unfortunately. So, I hope if you do have some time, to maybe read it and maybe share your thought on it in this thread as it is an important topic I feel should be more widely known.

Just as a heads up, there are some grammatical errors and layout issues in the whole line of text. That is to be expected of a person who sucks at writing XD. I also ramble in the end just in case nothing makes sense when it gets there.

It was also made in the comments of this YouTube video if you're also wondering.

Last edited:
I've managed to defeat the Telethia, but my problem is that girl that's immune to the Monado's attacks...
If it makes you feel any better i'm pretty sure that is the only time you ever have to deal with a character like that for a while. It just comes down to keeping party members live to deal damage to her after the telethia is dead. Like Melia or Dunban. I assume you know that though. Pretty sure my team was Reyn, Melia, Shulk. It's a pretty badly designed fight if you ask me but it's the only fight in the game I didn't like.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If it makes you feel any better i'm pretty sure that is the only time you ever have to deal with a character like that for a while. It just comes down to keeping party members live to deal damage to her after the telethia is dead. Like Melia or Dunban. It's a pretty badly designed fight if you ask me but it's the only fight in the game I didn't like.
You know the part where there's lot of those guys, right? You can simply take Shulk out of your party (I used Riki, Dunban and Sharla) and all party members can easily deal with them.

However, the reverse is true when you have a Telethia since you need Monado Purge to disable its mind reading abilities.

1. Go without Shulk to defeat the girl, the Telethia screws you.
2. Go with Shulk, you can defeat the Telethia, but defeating the girl becomes a pain.

Maybe I'll need to grind for a while instead of dealing with the frustration of being defeated by this annoying boss fight over and over... >_>

Last edited:

Chrono.

I don't really mind DLC as long as it's 100% completely optional, which has been so far.

But Nintendo hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows with it though, look a Fire Emblem: Fates' third route. It's true ending and story of the game, yet it's locked behind a paywall that REQUIRES YOU TO BUY AT LEAST ONE OF THE EXISTING VERSIONS OF THE GAME. It's very anti-consumer and I'm surprised Nintendo actually went through with it.

I'd say HW is similarly scummy too, one season pass DLC that contains a Legend Mode chapter and now we got a 3DS version that comes with yet another Legend Mode chapter and while I don't doubt that all 3DS exclusive content will be DLC for the Wii U version somewhere down the line, I can't help but roll my eyes a bit at it.

tl;dr: FE14 is a worrying reminder that Nintendo aren't above DLC-only True Ending bull****

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
If your wondering why I'm bring up the issue in the first place, its mainly because of all the datamining that's been going on in Nintendo games recently and the findings of potential future DLC on the disc. It just worries me that they are starting to plan additional content when they are developing the game. Heck, even though Sakurai said he wasn't planning DLC just before Smash 3DS's release, we found evidence of DLC being planned in the game's code. Which really worries me.

Now, I don't think he would hold back fighters as DLC, but it just raises a couple of questions to me. That's all.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know the part where there's lot of those guys, right? You can simply take Shulk out of your party (I used Riki, Dunban and Sharla) and all party members can easily deal with them.

However, the reverse is true when you have a Telethia since you need Monado Purge to disable its mind reading abilities.

1. Go without Shulk to defeat the girl, the Telethia screws you.
2. Go with Shulk, you can defeat the Telethia, but defeating the girl becomes a pain.

Maybe I'll need to grind for a while instead of dealing with the frustration of being defeated by this annoying boss fight over and over... >_>
I beat the boss while I was one level under them. My party was Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla. I took care of the Telethia first, using Monado Purge having the other two in my party focus on it, then I went after the girl and let the other two do the work while using Light Heal and Monado Speed & Shield to keep myself (and the others) alive. And don't forget about Chain Attacks. Those do wonders.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Strofirko

Smash Master
People has to understand that are different dev teams that we are talking about,each one with their policies of DLC.
Tecmo koei=HW
Nintendo EAD=Mario maker,MK8,Splatoon,Pikmin 3
Sora/Bamco=Smash Bros

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm a bit irked by how they handled Metal Sonic... I mean, Metal Sonic HIMSELF was handled very well. But everyone acted like Metal has been a thing since Episode 1... which is irritating with how far along the show is. And yes, I know he was in Shattered Crystal, but that STILL doesn't explain how he's been absent all of the show and then suddenly came back. Oh well... Kids show I guess.
At least Shadow will have an excuse. Mr. Lone wolf ow the edge wanderer.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I know I said yesterday that I wouldn't be posting here anymore, but I want to share my Super Mario Maker levels for those who want to play them.

Dr. Mario's Dilemma

ID: 5D9B-0000-0047-CC0B

Mario Kart Mayhem

ID: 9251-0000-004C-73FB

Waluigi's Detective Agency

ID: 6D35-0000-0051-4A17

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So since we're on the topic of Sonic Boom, I wanted to bring up something, Sitcks the Badger. I dislike her alot. Her voice, I love the actress and even met her once, but find the voice to be annoying, the design looks like Marine the Racoon, RELIGIOUSLY, even to the point where they have the same weapon, the only difference being the tail and the fact that it's more ''BOOM'', her personality can be funny, but mostly annoying, and she seems kind of shoehorned in, like in Worlds Unite. I'm not very into the character and I feel they made this character to wipe a character with serious potential from existence Anyone else feel somewhat like this?

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Its weird that Sonic boom universe was created by one single company (Big red button) , that wasn't even very fond of it,and other sub-companies have to eat this **** up.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
After :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:, around 2-4 more.
I'm not expecting much.
I only see two characters left. And they are going to be a huge letdown with just Wolf and Shovel Knight.

Plus we have mild evidence that there are only two characters left, as theres the two Mario placeholders in the game, and theres only room on the Wii U CSS for two more characters. (Yes they can resize it, or remove the names, but for now I'm leaning they won't).

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Here's my latest creation.

Ike's Candy Factory

ID: DC5B-0000-0057-9353

It's an arcade style level, so I encourage you to post your highest score in the comment section of it.

So since we're on the topic of Sonic Boom, I wanted to bring up something, Sitcks the Badger. I dislike her alot. Her voice, I love the actress and even met her once, but find the voice to be annoying, the design looks like Marine the Racoon, RELIGIOUSLY, even to the point where they have the same weapon, the only difference being the tail and the fact that it's more ''BOOM'', her personality can be funny, but mostly annoying, and she seems kind of shoehorned in, like in Worlds Unite. I'm not very into the character and I feel they made this character to wipe a character with serious potential from existence Anyone else feel somewhat like this?
I agree. I almost feel like Sticks and Marine are the same character.

Chrono.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I only see two characters left. And they are going to be a huge letdown with just Wolf and Shovel Knight.

Plus we have mild evidence that there are only two characters left, as theres the two Mario placeholders in the game, and theres only room on the Wii U CSS for two more characters. (Yes they can resize it, or remove the names, but for now I'm leaning they won't).
Even I am being pessimistic,what you said makes no sense.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's my latest creation.

Ike's Candy Factory

ID: DC5B-0000-0057-9353

It's an arcade style level, so I encourage you to post your highest score in the comment section of it.

I agree. I almost feel like Sticks and Marine are the same character.
They pretty much are. Except I like Sticks less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom