• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Sega. The company who made the Sega CD.
Sega. The ones who made the 32X.
SEGA. The ones who made this freaking commercial.
I don't think they are ever going to change if they have done the exact same thing for the past 20 years.
Speaking of Sega I saw this image from the PXZ2 event for TGS. Not sure if it was shown already but I liked it so gonna show it anyway

The background of Gaur Plain in Smash Bros. isn't a 100% recreation of the original.

While the general look isn't off, maintaining the general structure of the area, a more detailed look will tell they didn't recreate the area in all its detail, missing several landmarks of the area and placement of water areas and such.

Then again, the area is really huge in Xenoblade, so having the Smash team recreate it to its fullest isn't a good idea from a development point of view.

The Mechonis is also further, but that's likely reference to the box art of the game and so the whole thing can be seen in the background of the stage, so I take this as a creative liberty
adding onto this Metal Face never appears in Gaur plains. That is Xord's territory. Hell by that point in the game Metal Face had not even talked yet. . . The level is a bit weird but so are most levels

i remember at one point Chuggaconroy had a really good analysis of this but I can't find the video of it :/

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sonic just... needs to end.
It pains me SO much to say that. But with Sega pushing the Boom Brand to the point o it being obnoxious, Sonic Team more content cash-cowing the mobile market, and now with OTHER devs not even giving a damn... what hope is there, like really? Even if things were to fall in place and the series was to get on track, this damage is boarderline irreparable. Sonic's reputation is all but a joke. We managed to at least SOMEWHAT come back after 06, but it's just too late for Sonic these days.

DKC2 predicted it all from the start.
I agree with you completely, and Boom clearly isn't working, the ''new'' character has been heavily critisized, the games failed in sales and reception, the toy line was very unsuccessful, and the comics recently ended after only 11 issues! The tv show is the most successful thing about it, but that's not exactly saying much, and it's nothing to make a movie about or a sequel to one of the most unsuccessful games in years. It's clearly been shown the the quality of Sonic games has been declineing as of recent, so I agree, SEGA should move on and work on other properties rather than mostly focusing on their fallen franchise.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
IDK, I think Sonic still has a chance at being great again.

Boom isn't Sega or Sonic Team's game. They're a sub series, not related to the mainline series. The last three games we had from Sonic Team were Colors, Generations and Lost World. Lost World was the only game that was meh (or rather mediocre at best) of the bunch while the previous 2 were considered great, so I think it's too soon to call it quits for the franchise yet.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Ladies and Gentlemen, I think the bomb has just been dropped.
Finally, we have a few other tidbits from Ishihara:

– Noted that a lot of the above was talk about casual games, will continue to do so due to high appeal
– Hopes to continue to expand Pokemon, utilizing features such as Pokemon Global Link and Pokemon Bank on future platforms and services such as on the NX with a large emphasis on cloud service, where you can bring them to a game you want to play and move them back to the cloud when done
– These are just some of many ideas they’re brainstorming
– More titles like Pokemon Shuffle for 3DS/smart devices depends on the ideas they come up with and which devices have the best “fit” for the idea
– There will be more on that at a later day (possibly referring to Pokemon Go), please be patient
NX... cloud service
cloud service

Chrono.

People will eat the Sonic IP up.

Look at Runners, it broke 4mil downloads recently and it hasn't even been out for a year, that's pretty decent for a mobile game of a supposedly dying series.

Sonic Team hasn't really made a major Sonic game in a long time probably because Lost World's reception was lukewarm and they decided to take a break to rethink things.

Whether they come back strong or not is anyone's guess

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The problem of gaur plains it is the same from willy castle,while the former takes on a totally different place the latter takes outside of the title stage.:troll:

Pls tell me your comment is a joke.:emptysheep:
Well, the meme is suppose to be a joke if your wondering about that. Otherwise, this whole thing is practically confirmed.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Speaking of Skylanders.

Remember that Microsoft Toy thing that popped up? What if it actually is for their own Skylanders/Lego Dimensions/Disney Infinity clone rather than amiibo-like toys?

Strofirko

Smash Master
Speaking of Skylanders.

Remember that Microsoft Toy thing that popped up? What if it actually is for their own Skylanders/Lego Dimensions/Disney Infinity clone rather than amiibo-like toys?
I don't know if the GOW and Halo communities would buy something from these family friendly genre.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
adding onto this Metal Face never appears in Gaur plains. That is Xord's territory. Hell by that point in the game Metal Face had not even talked yet. . . The level is a bit weird but so are most levels

i remember at one point Chuggaconroy had a really good analysis of this but I can't find the video of it :/
It's kind of like how Koume and Kotake never appear in the Gerudo Valley area, but actually deeper into the desert.

Or Magicant being visually based on EarthBound Beginnings, but having elements from EarthBound.

Sakurai tends to put some creative liberties in the content he takes from other games because he wants to capture the series' essence rather than being specific. For him, Gaur Plain isn't just Gaur Plain, but a Xenoblade stage, so he put Metal Face there due to being an major villain from Xenoblade.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Speaking of Skylanders.

Doesn't matter if it is or not. I'm just taking the inevitable Conker and Banjo toys, cutting them off their stand and putting them on a Smash Amiobo one. :happysheep:

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Speaking of Skylanders.

You do bring up a good point. Maybe it'll be a sequel to Project Spark if anyone remembers that thing?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
IDK, I think Sonic still has a chance at being great again.

Boom isn't Sega or Sonic Team's game. They're a sub series, not related to the mainline series. The last three games we had from Sonic Team were Colors, Generations and Lost World. Lost World was the only game that was meh (or rather mediocre at best) of the bunch while the previous 2 were considered great, so I think it's too soon to call it quits for the franchise yet.
I'm just going to say.

Just because the company may not be handling the franchise as strongly as it once was in the past. It doesn't mean Sonic as a character will die. The fanbase has made countless, and still are to this day, fan games and other upon many projects to express their love for the character that changed their childhood. Rayman to me isn't doing as well because of the stab that was the Rabbids, but as long as people still care, the character won't "die", only when people just give up will the franchise itself just "give up". And no matter what happens form SEGA, I will always remember Sonic as one of the best video game characters that I love and cared for since my childhood and made the times I had as a kid one of the best moments of my life.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Btw, I found a really cool piece of art regarding Sonic the other day:

I always loved the Sonic Adventure artstyle.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I saw @Speedwagon like a few of my posts on the "New Character to be Shown on Monday" thread from when Robin was revealed.

I thought that I had missed an announcement and that the name of this thread had been changed for a minute!

Chrono.

I saw @Speedwagon like a few of my posts on the "New Character to be Shown on Monday" thread from when Robin was revealed.

I thought that I had missed an announcement and that the name of this thread had been changed for a minute!
Maybe... it's foreshadowing.

WoOooOoOooOoOoOooOoO~

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way.

When was the NEW CONTENT APPROACHING thing announced?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Why do those mistakes happen commonly? Not to you, I mean in general.
By the way.

When was the NEW CONTENT APPROACHING thing announced?
The eighth of June.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So it's safe to assume that we can expect something this week?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Is it safe to safe that Eggman has never really been bad in anything.
Even in Aosth he was great.
PINGAS
Well, except Sonic 06

Except for that one part that was hilariously amazing. His glasses is a ****ing computer!! LIKE WHAT

Soul.

Sonic has a chance of becoming great again as long as SEGA doesn't screw him up. The concepts are good and all, but I'm sure they still know what made Sonic great.
When Boom was revealed in 2013, people thought Sonic was getting a redesign in general... which would mean "Sonic is dead." They should have said "it's a spin-off" from the get-go.

also the Rayman thing from earlier this year was hilarious as all hell, lmao

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Even then I'd say he's hilarious.
God him flying out on his chair like a pinball without even flinching is so funny for all the wrong reasons. Gets me every time.
06 is "SO bad it's good" at a lot of points.
Oh, and since it's obligatory for me to say this every time I see the Egg Wyvern...
"I'M NOT THE EEEEEGG VIPER, I'M NOT THE EGG VIPER~"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom