• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"Sonic games were a mistake, they're nothing but trash." -- Yuji Naka

:troll:

The series keeps going downhill, indeed...

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, I was just going to start one of my school assignments today. In order to start research, I searched a certain term I needed to know on google. I find a link to answers.com with a brief explanation. It then goes to a different webpage and says I have mal/spyware and I need to call my service provider. I click X on the pop-up and it still shows up. So I restart my computer immediately and I have no virus.

It's like these ads want you to hit okay so they can trick you and give you the real thing. So does this mean you can fix a virus with a virus
?

Last edited:

Soul.

lol, if that Sanzaru rumor is true Fire and Ice is destined to fail just like its predecessors.
Again, shouldn't have had games.

D

Deleted member

Before I reveal the 2 last ones of my Top 100 Nintendo Music Tracks from tomorrow, here's the recap of the 98 first ones :
#100 - Surface of SR388
Metroid II: Return of Samus

#99 - Light Plane
Pilotwings

#98 - Fight Theme
Punch-Out!!

#97 - Eternal Bond
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

#96 - City Trial
Kirby Air Ride

#95 - Staff Credits
Luigi's Mansion

#94 - Venus Lighthouse
Golden Sun

#93 - Title Theme
The Legend of Zelda

#92 - Creative Exercise
Mario Paint

#91 - Cave
StarTropics

#90 - Town Tree
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

#89 - The Prince's Adventure
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane ha Naru

#88 - Athletic Theme
Super Mario Bros. 3

#87 - Ashley's Theme
Wario Ware Touched!

#86 - Green Greens
Kirby's Dream Land

#85 - Fever
Dr. Mario

#84 - Ending (Staff Roll)
Star Fox 64

#83 - Castle Town
Nazo no murasame-Jô

#82 - Birabuto Kingdom
Super Mario Land

#81 - Title Theme
Kid Icarus

#80 - Ballad of the Wind Fish
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

#79 - Stonecarving City
Wario Land: Shake It!

#78 - Birdman
Pilotwings 64

#77 - Overworld Theme
Super Mario Bros. 2

#76 - Main Theme
Wii Sports Resort

#75 - Palace Theme
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

#74 - Final Battle
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

#73 - Battle! Champion Cynthia
Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum Versions

#72 - Jergingha: Planet Destruction Form
The Wonderful 101

#71 - Castle Theme
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

#70 - Midna's Lament
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

#69 - Final Boss: Queen's Core
Star Fox: Assault

#68 - Forest Maze
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

#67 - Ending ~ Staff Roll
Super Smash Bros.

#66 - Corneria
Star Fox

#65 - Final Battle
Pandora's Tower

#64 - Delfino Plaza
Super Mario Sunshine

#63 - Winning Road - Roy's Hope
Fire Emblem: Fûin no Tsurugi

#62 - Overworld Theme
Super Mario Bros.

#61 - Meta Knight's Revenge
Kirby Super Star

#60 - Gerudo Valley
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

#59 - The Great Tower Showdown 2
Super Mario 3D World

#58 - Ending
Super Metroid

#57 - Ending Story
Yoshi's Story

#56 - Last Day
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

#55 - Plasm Wraith
Pikmin 3

#54 - Dive
Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Versions

#53 - Link and Zelda's Duet
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

#52 - Rainbow Road
Super Mario Kart

#51 - Piklopedia
Pikmin 2

#50 - Title Theme
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

#49 - Bowser's Rage
Paper Mario

#48 - Dream Chaser
F-Zero X

#47 - Staff Roll
Metroid

#46 - Title Theme
Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi

#45 - Fungi Forest Day
Donkey Kong 64

#44 - We're Counting on You, Mario!
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

#43 - Battle! Xerneas/Yveltal
Pokémon X and Y

#42 - Rockface Rumble
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!

#41 - Staff Roll
Super Mario Galaxy

#40 - Main Theme
Xenoblade Chronicles X

#39 - Forest of Hope
Pikmin

#38 - Big Blue
F-Zero

#37 - Sunset Shore
Donkey Kong Country Returns

#36 - Mount Wario
Mario Kart 8

#35 - Snowman
EarthBound Beginnings

#34 - Sky Tower
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team

#33 - Dr. Stewart's Theme
F-Zero GX

#32 - Doom Dragon
Golden Sun: The Lost Age

#31 - Staff Roll
Super Mario Galaxy 2

#30 - Darmoon Caverns
Diddy Kong Racing

#29 - Primal Dialga Battle
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Explorers of Darkness and Explorers of Sky

#28 - Final Destination
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

#27 - Big Top Bop
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

#26 - Battle! Champion
Pokémon Red, Green, Blue and Yellow Versions

#25 - Ending Theme
Super Mario World

#24 - Rundas Battle
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

#23 - Rainbow Road
Mario Kart 64

#22 - Battle! Champion Lance/Red
Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal Versions

#21 - Big Bad Baby Bowser
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

#20 - Dark Pit
Kid Icarus: Uprising

#19 - Staff Roll
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

#18 - Battle! Colress
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Versions

#17 - Toberu mono
The Last Story

#16 - It's Over
Mother 3

#15 - C-R-O-W-N-E-D
Kirby's Return to Dream Land

#14 - Menu 1
Super Smash Bros. Melee

#13 - Ending ~ To Each Future
Pokémon Black and White Versions

#12 - Aquatic Ambiance
Donkey Kong Country

#11 - Smiles and Tears
EarthBound

#10 - The Grand Finale
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

#9 - 0² Battle
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

#8 - Rainbow Road
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

#7 - Staff Roll
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

#6 - Phendrana Drifts
Metroid Prime

#5 - Dire, Dire Docks
Super Mario 64

#4 - You Will Know Our Names
Xenoblade Chronicles

#3 - Stickerbrush Symphony
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
One thing I was suprised by me (Opinion time) was that the follow up to the Sonic/Mega Man crossover wasn't that good either, in fact I was suprised at how many missed opportunities there were.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So, I was just going to start one of my school assignments today. In order to start research, I searched a certain term I needed to know on google. I find a link to answers.com with a brief explanation. It then goes to a different webpage and says I have mal/spyware and I need to call my service provider. I click X on the pop-up and it still shows up. So I restart my computer immediately and I have no virus.

It's like these ads want you to hit okay so they can trick you and give you the real thing. So does this mean you can fix a virus with a virus
?
It's not so much that. It was just a script playing a message. Exiting the browser would have done the trick as well.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honestly though, I couldn't care less about Fire and Ice. I'm surprised Sega even gave the okay for a sequel. Granted, it's a sequel to the lesser of the two evils, but still.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I've managed to defeat the Telethia, but my problem is that girl that's immune to the Monado's attacks...
Ah yeah, you need Shulk on because of the Telethia. With her you just kind of have to let your partners take care of her.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't even know why Sega tried hyping up Fire and Ice.

It literally just looked like Shattered Crystal 2.0. Yes, it was considered better than the Wii U game but that's not saying much.

Doesn't help that it was announced just 7 months afterwards.

Soul.

I don't even know why Sega tried hyping up Fire and Ice.

It literally just looked like Shattered Crystal 2.0. Yes, it was considered better than the Wii U game but that's not saying much.

Doesn't help that it was announced just 7 months afterwards.
That's the point. It is basically Shattered Crystal 2.0. Ever since it was revealed hopes weren't high.
SEGA needs to stop making these insane ideas and focus on what made Sonic successful.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, this happened.

brb doing Expert Mode runs
Someone in the comments brought up a good point.

If you patch this out, then these particular levels will literally be impossible to beat. Wonder how they'll address this.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
That's the point. It is basically Shattered Crystal 2.0. Ever since it was revealed hopes weren't high.
SEGA needs to stop making these insane ideas and focus on what made Sonic successful.
Sega. The company who made the Sega CD.
Sega. The ones who made the 32X.
SEGA. The ones who made this freaking commercial.
I don't think they are ever going to change if they have done the exact same thing for the past 20 years.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Sega. The company who made the Sega CD.
Sega. The ones who made the 32X.
SEGA. The ones who made this freaking commercial.
I don't think they are ever going to change if they have done the exact same thing for the past 20 years.
So basically, they need to insert Segata Sanshiro in Sonic.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually let me add to what I said before, it felt like they made a crossover, for the sake of having a crossover, in other words, it was rushed for profit.

D

Deleted member

SEGA may have made some mistakes back then with those add-ons, but I find this impressive being that Nintendo had so many blockbuster IPs + more Capcom support.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo 1990 Sold 49.10 million Units
Sega Genesis Sega 1988 Sold 40 million Units

Very impressive it managed to get up to near SNES levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, this happened.

brb doing Expert Mode runs
This is crazy! I have so many different possibilities now.
Someone in the comments brought up a good point.

If you patch this out, then these particular levels will literally be impossible to beat. Wonder how they'll address this.
My guess is they would either
1) never patch it. It's not game breaking but could get annoy if more people use it.
2) They patch it and delete all levels with it, or they let the player delete them, which could end badly.

D

Deleted member

This is crazy! I have so many different possibilities now.

My guess is they would either
1) never patch it. It's not game breaking but could get annoy if more people use it.
2) They patch it and delete all levels with it, or they let the player delete them, which could end badly.
The glitch won't affect levels that were designed without it in mind since if I got it right, the door MUST be on the spikes for it to work
So I don't expect it to be patched unless people start to abuse it in regular levels

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

The glitch won't affect levels that were designed without it in mind since if I got it right, the door MUST be on the spikes for it to work
So I don't expect it to be patched unless people start to abuse it in regular levels
And they will, people already found a way to make Kaizo levels, only a matter of time before this takes over for a bit.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Speaking of Sonic, what's the worst game you've ever played? :3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Sonic, what's the worst game you've ever played?
Sonic '06, definitely. I haven't played Rise of Lyric, so I can't give an opinion on that.

Dishonorable Mentions: Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, Crash Boom Bang!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

?
Don't just ignore this. They all function a bit differently, but most of these install malware the second you load the site. Still others will install it when you try to interact with anything, including the X. Just because it's gone now, doesn't mean it's gone for good. You may find an entire week passes before anything happens; many are designed that way in hopes you'll forget all about the popup that caused it and be unable to figure out what it is. Like Dravidian said, it could be a harmless script just meant to scare you, it may even be the most likely possibility. But it's not worth the risk just pretending it didn't happen. These things range from mostly harmless (redirecting you to the same page selling fake antivirus software) to pretty dang harmful (registering keystrokes, and by extension, personal information).

Most up to date antivirus software should find these easy enough, but I'd still recommend you do a system restore to the day before the browser hack occurred. That'll nip it in the bud.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The background of Gaur Plain in Smash Bros. isn't a 100% recreation of the original.

While the general look isn't off, maintaining the general structure of the area, a more detailed look will tell they didn't recreate the area in all its detail, missing several landmarks of the area and placement of water areas and such.

Then again, the area is really huge in Xenoblade, so having the Smash team recreate it to its fullest isn't a good idea from a development point of view.

The Mechonis is also further, but that's likely reference to the box art of the game and so the whole thing can be seen in the background of the stage, so I take this as a creative liberty

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Runners was also just a giant paywall, in fact its paywalls are probably bigger than the Great Wall. I got to spin a wheel up to a possible infinite amount of times to get the character I'd like to unlock, no thank you. I'd honestly have the app be paid for.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Speaking of Sonic, what's the worst game you've ever played? :3
Superman 64, Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu, Drakengard 3, Sonic Rivals.

Prolly a lot more I'm forgetting
Runners was also just a giant paywall, in fact its paywalls are probably bigger than the Great Wall. I got to spin a wheel up to a possible infinite amount of times to get the character I'd like to unlock, no thank you. I'd honestly have the app be paid for.
Someone actually found a way to cheat the Roulette Wheel lol, apparently it really isn't completely random.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Superman 64, Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu, Drakengard 3, Sonic Rivals.

Prolly a lot more I'm forgetting

Someone actually found a way to cheat the Roulette Wheel lol, apparently it really isn't completely random.
Huh, interesting, have a link? I'm rather curious to see what it is.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The background of Gaur Plain in Smash Bros. isn't a 100% recreation of the original.

While the general look isn't off, maintaining the general structure of the area, a more detailed look will tell they didn't recreate the area in all its detail, missing several landmarks of the area and placement of water areas and such.

Then again, the area is really huge in Xenoblade, so having the Smash team recreate it to its fullest isn't a good idea from a development point of view.

The Mechonis is also further, but that's likely reference to the box art of the game and so the whole thing can be seen in the background of the stage, so I take this as a creative liberty
And its name is originally Bionis' leg, Gaur Plain is only a landmark. The omega version looks really good, it's my favorite in the game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And its name is originally Bionis' leg, Gaur Plain is only a landmark. The omega version looks really good, it's my favorite in the game.
Smash refers to the stage as Gaur Plain, because there are more areas in Bionis' Leg besides it and the stage is explicitly based on the Gaur Plain area.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Smash refers to the stage as Gaur Plain, because there are more areas in Bionis' Leg besides it and the stage is explicitly based on the Gaur Plain area.
Ironically enough, Gaur Plain is the closest to the Mechonis in the entire Bionis' leg area.

The area in Smash looks more based on this:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Sonic just... needs to end.
It pains me SO much to say that. But with Sega pushing the Boom Brand to the point o it being obnoxious, Sonic Team more content cash-cowing the mobile market, and now with OTHER devs not even giving a damn... what hope is there, like really? Even if things were to fall in place and the series was to get on track, this damage is boarderline irreparable. Sonic's reputation is all but a joke. We managed to at least SOMEWHAT come back after 06, but it's just too late for Sonic these days.

DKC2 predicted it all from the start.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Don't just ignore this. They all function a bit differently, but most of these install malware the second you load the site. Still others will install it when you try to interact with anything, including the X. Just because it's gone now, doesn't mean it's gone for good. You may find an entire week passes before anything happens; many are designed that way in hopes you'll forget all about the popup that caused it and be unable to figure out what it is. Like Dravidian said, it could be a harmless script just meant to scare you, it may even be the most likely possibility. But it's not worth the risk just pretending it didn't happen. These things range from mostly harmless (redirecting you to the same page selling fake antivirus software) to pretty dang harmful (registering keystrokes, and by extension, personal information).

Most up to date antivirus software should find these easy enough, but I'd still recommend you do a system restore to the day before the browser hack occurred. That'll nip it in the bud.
Webroot is currently installed on this computer and it hasn't detected anything so far. I'll keep my eye on it and see if there's anything abnormal. The only thing weird is how long it takes for SmashBoards to load.

My browser will occasionally just go white and I can't access anything. It disappears after a couple of seconds though. Other than that, everything seems to be fine so far.

I'm actively trying to stay away from certain webpages as I did get a Trojan hoarse last time on a different computer and those things suck. Thanks for being actively concerned though. I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

This is also my parents computer by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom