• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Maybe but there's alot of games to play and I haven't played Rayman 2 in almost 16 years. Plus I still gotta try Croc, Gex and other 3D platformers

Absolutely nothing. Why because we are getting punished for leaking. @ PushDustIn PushDustIn @ Neo Zero Neo Zero stop it. You're making Sakurai angry and sad. Mostly sad.
Technically we're innocent. @Tama doe

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Does Nintendo even show up at TGS and if so was any smash news shown last year?
No they dont and no there wasn't. Nintendo at TGS is like them at PAX Prime, they just advertise current games already out or coming out in a few months.

I'm telling you this for you not to get your hopes up. I'm just helping you friend not get disappointed that there's nothing.

Every other Japanese company will be there and hoping for more Sega news

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
No they dont and no there wasn't. Nintendo at TGS is like them at PAX Prime, they just advertise current games already out or coming out in a few months.

I'm telling you this for you not to get your hopes up. I'm just helping you friend not get disappointed that there's nothing.

Makes sense on why i never heard of it till now.Than i have nothing to get hype for smash related i suppose.Eh back to the mario maker Hype train i go

D

Deleted member

To be fair, smash bros wasn't even out for a month last TGS, let alone released anywhere but Japan, so it would be bad if they announced something that soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To be fair, smash bros wasn't even out for a month last TGS, let alone released anywhere but Japan, so it would be bad if they announced something that soon
Yeah but over the past few years, Nintendo rarely ever used TGS to announce anything though. I mean they could have used it to advertise the game, not announce anything though that's my thing.

Makes sense on why i never heard of it till now.Than i have nothing to get hype for smash related i suppose.Eh back to the mario maker Hype train i go
Here's the thing, TGS is like Japan's E3 but the difference is that Nintendo doesn't care about it like they do E3.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I just think nothing is ready. It's not punishment. There's a schelude they need to follow.

The only thing we can claim responsibility is for is making sure Nintendo cleans the files before releasing an update. That was mainly @shinyquagsire23!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
TGS is next week right?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

The highlight of my video game convention was when a movie star signed my action figure. #priorities

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/0...-attorney-isnt-planned-for-a-western-release/
>Great Ace Attorney not coming to the west.

Capcom plz y do dis?
The problem is that the localization team has been going "No this is in america gais no really this is legit we swear" for every other game so far, and Great Ace Attorney is as Japanese as it gets. They can't really edit their way out of that one.
...of course they could just claim Wright's ancestors moved to America at some point, but whatever.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The problem is that the localization team has been going "No this is in america gais no really this is legit we swear" for every other game so far, and Great Ace Attorney is as Japanese as it gets. They can't really edit their way out of that one.
...of course they could just claim Wright's ancestors moved to America at some point, but whatever.
I really don't see why that's a problem tbh.

Its set in Japan and Britain, so what? Why does the location of the game being in a different location make so significant of a problem?

Also, here is a tin foil hat Smash 4 DLC theory for you guys to read:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3jakiz/tin_foil_hat_time_theory_on_why_nintendo_is/

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Someone on GAF explained that having the localized version set in Japan would cause continuity issues. Sounds more like a situation where one would play the game to understand why that might not be feasible...

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What's going on?
@ Neo Zero Neo Zero and I are aware of additional details of @Tama's rumor that he heard from a reliable source, which might give it some extra credibility (if you trust our judgement when we say it does, that is). Tama's source could be mistaken, and Shovel Knight might not be a Dlc character, only time or additional details will tell if the rumor is actually fact or fiction. As the three of us have stressed in the past, as of right now it's a rumor and not a leak. There is reason to believe it though.

Sorry for talking about it in a roundabout way, there's not much else I can say.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Star Fox Zero is not looking sooo cool, and games are too much expensive nowadays.
So... The unique game I'm picking for Wii U in this end of the year is Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I'm finishing Bayonetta2 and Wind Waker (both are incredible) and then I have Wonderfull 101.
I think it's okay but... I'm really sad about the lack of games I WANT to buy.
Mario Maker looks fun, and just fun, I'm not hyped about it.
Star Fox just don't see ground breaking enough.Fatal Frame it's looking good ô-o

This lack of news make next year really cheap.
We all know that there is a Zelda on the making, but this is not enough for a complete year.
I really think we will get a Zelda trailer or gameplay in TGS, and maybe more about that Persona game that pretends to be Fire Emblem themed.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Never mind I found it:

I've finished the game and it is a ***** to localize, much more so than any of the previous games.

One of the obvious problems is that they Americanized the previous games, and DGS is VERY obviously about Japanese people going to Britain, and all of the problems that involves (language barriers and racism among others), not to mention a famous Japanese author plays a significant role in one of the biggest cases in the game, which would be totally lost on 99% of the Western audience.

To be honest, I'd be very surprised if they ever localized this.
Welp, that's it I suppose.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yo guys...

I'm a fan and frequent listener of the Super Best Friends. Which is a gaming channel, website, and podcast made by 4 friends.They heavily supported Shovel Knight in the kickstarter stages. Getting their fan character "The Baz" into the game as a wandering boss.

On their most recent podcast, at 02:23:20 they begin to talk about the news of Shovel Knight being an amiibo.

Woolie (one of the 4) talks about that if this means that Shovel Knight is the chosen "contest winner" and Liam (another one of the 4) says he "cannot speak on this subject, but I know a lot about it."

He then goes on to say later that Nintendo asked around to a bunch of "teams" if they want to make an amiibo, he didn't disclose the other teams were, but that Yacht Club were the first.

Take this for what you will. Liam, and by extension the rest of the SBFs have very close ties to Yacht Club.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
@ Neo Zero Neo Zero and I are aware of additional details of @Tama's rumor that he heard from a reliable source, which might give it some extra credibility (if you trust our judgement when we say it does, that is). Tama's source could be mistaken, and Shovel Knight might not be a Dlc character, only time or additional details will tell if the rumor is actually fact or fiction. As the three of us have stressed in the past, as of right now it's a rumor and not a leak. There is reason to believe it though.

Sorry for talking about it in a roundabout way, there's not much else I can say.
Oy vey, the wonderfull world of classified info...
Believe me, I 100% understand that it HAS to be this way, but all of the "maybe" and "maybe not" is getting extremely tiresome. Again, not that it is ANY of your guys' fault, or even that of @Tama or his source for that matter. I really just wish us commoners had SOMETHING more meaty to go off of.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/0...-attorney-isnt-planned-for-a-western-release/
>Great Ace Attorney not coming to the west.

Capcom plz y do dis?
It could be just typical PR stuff - "we're not allowed let anything slip, so we'll just say there are no plans yet" - but the speed with which AA6 was confirmed doesn't help. Not to mention just how very Japanese the game is - the usual Japanifornia stunt wasn't really going to fly. It sucks though, I was really looking forward to it.

speaking of AA6, I assume this thread, like most of the rest of the internet, has already come up with a million theories as to why the "6" looks like a Magatama?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, Famitsu gave Super Mario Maker: 9/9/9/10

Which si very good.

Tell me, someone who knows, how many hours until all other Reviews will be released?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Yo guys...

I'm a fan and frequent listener of the Super Best Friends. Which is a gaming channel, website, and podcast made by 4 friends.They heavily supported Shovel Knight in the kickstarter stages. Getting their fan character "The Baz" into the game as a wandering boss.

On their most recent podcast, at 02:23:20 they begin to talk about the news of Shovel Knight being an amiibo.

Woolie (one of the 4) talks about that if this means that Shovel Knight is the chosen "contest winner" and Liam (another one of the 4) says he "cannot speak on this subject, but I know a lot about it."

He then goes on to say later that Nintendo asked around to a bunch of "teams" if they to make an amiibo, he didn't disclose the other teams were, but that Yacht Club were the first.

Take this for what you will. Liam, and by extension the rest of the SBFs have very close ties to Yacht Club.
Interesting stuff. Could be something, could be nothing.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yo guys...

He then goes on to say later that Nintendo asked around to a bunch of "teams" if they want to make an amiibo, he didn't disclose the other teams were, but that Yacht Club were the first.

they also have worked in the games industry

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yo guys...

The problem with that is that the Amiibo has been in development since long before the ballot was a thing.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It could be just typical PR stuff - "we're not allowed let anything slip, so we'll just say there are no plans yet" - but the speed with which AA6 was confirmed doesn't help. Not to mention just how very Japanese the game is - the usual Japanifornia stunt wasn't really going to fly. It sucks though, I was really looking forward to it.

speaking of AA6, I assume this thread, like most of the rest of the internet, has already come up with a million theories as to why the "6" looks like a Magatama?
I don't think we have actually have tbh.
Wouldn't be surprised if Maya or spirit mediums in general play a big role in this game somehow.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The problem with that is that the Amiibo has been in development since long before the ballot was a thing.
We know that, but the thing that's interesting is not the suggestion that the amiibo is the clue to Shovel Knight being the "contest winner" but the way Liam basically said he knew a lot about the contest winner but can't talk about it. At least, that's one way to interpret it.

I don't believe it so much myself, and I don't know what or how he could know anything.

Chrono.

Ehh people made similar theories regarding the initial AA5 logo being red and spiky, which to most symbolized a Phoenix/Apollo team up, which AA5 turned out to be anything but

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lol DSP apparantly banned people bringing up Jim Sterling's video on Deus Ex's recent 'Augment preorder' stuff saying he has no idea who he is yet has been insulted by him. What a giant baby
Meanwhile, the sky is blue, grass is green, and Elvis still has yet to be found.
The fact that DSP even still has relevance today is baffling to me... like you said, nothing but a giant baby.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Actually this makes a lot of sense.

It also could prove to be a low selling DLC because of the fact two popular characters like Chrom and K. Rool got costumes and it divided their fanbases supporting them into ''I'm not buying something that could be a consolation (another in Chrom's case on top of Robin's final smash)" and ''YES I WILL BUY THIS BECAUSE IT'S MY CHARACTER AND I WILL BUY ANYTHING WITH THEM!"

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Anyone watch Monster Musume? I wouldn't expect many since it's an ecchi harem anime but there was a great Metal Gear Solid reference in this week's episode and the timing seems perfect since MGSV came out this week as well. For clarification, Miia is a snake monster girl. Rachnera, the spider monster girl seems to posing as The Boss. Pretty cool. xD

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hello.

To all the rest of my Smash gamers and gamers on here in general.

If you are gay.

Please for the love of god don't call yourself a gaymer.

I hate that term.

Do you realize how stupid the term "gaymer" is?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyone watch Monster Musume? I wouldn't expect many since it's an ecchi harem anime but there was a great Metal Gear Solid reference in this week's episode and the timing seems perfect since MGSV came out this week as well. For clarification, Miia is a snake monster girl. Rachnera, the spider monster girl seems to posing as The Boss. Pretty cool. xD

I thougt it was outright hentai, so I never bothered. Finally finished Jojo Part 2. Either I start Part 3 or I start Black Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom