• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I can't wait until Shovel Knight gets its physical release.

Also, Secret Wars #6 is coming out very soon and I can barely contain my hype XD :p
I can't wait for more boring exposition that doesn't move the story forward at all! (Sorry, number #5 left me salty.)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Barely anyone is desperate really, especially in Smashboards. I hardly see any real supporters of Shovel Knight who are "desperate"
What do you mean?
That no one can literally be desperate for a character to be in this game, is what I imagine.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm assuming that I didn't miss anything special. What's up?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Because an interview with YCG about the amiibo had some mentions about Smash.

I personally think it means nothing, but people can be desperate sometimes.
Actually the chances of him raising have nothing to do with that interview. But that interview does raise an interesting point:

Q: "We saw that that amiibo was on a gold base, and this one is on a purple base and so people are saying "Oh that means he's coming to Super Smash Brothers, can you put those rumors to bed right now, or?"

A: I can say that having a purple base or a gold base has nothing to do with Shovel Knight...status in Super Smash Brothers. Yeah, the gold base was production base...you know it was really a partnership with Nintendo when we were developing this thing, and we went back and forth a lot and did so many revisions, trying to get it exactly right. Match it up with the other amiibo lines, trying to make sure our amiibo fit in with everything else but still very appropriate. So yeah, now we have this purple base and it has the Shovel Knight emblem on it, and so if in the future if there were to be any other Shovel Knight themed amiibo this would be the Shovel Knight line.

Basically, everyone who said 'Shovel Knight can only have 1 amiibo, therefore he's not coming to Smash' is [shockingly] wrong. We have word from YCG themselves that there very well could be multiple Shovel Knight amiibo.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
The undo dog from mario paint/maker,should be the next oddball character,he would summon elements from both games in his moveset,and his final smash would be the eraser rocket.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Actually the chances of him raising have nothing to do with that interview. But that interview does raise an interesting point:

Basically, everyone who said 'Shovel Knight can only have 1 amiibo, therefore he's not coming to Smash' is [shockingly] wrong. We have word from YCG themselves that there very well could be multiple Shovel Knight amiibo.

I've been of the impression that it will be one amiibo, with more than one variation in stand.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I've been of the impression that it will be one amiibo, with more than one variation in stand.
Do you mean the pose will be the same? Personally, I think it'll get a whole different pose if Shovel Knight gets into Smash.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think the amiibo's pose would honestly work pretty well for Smash. But yeah, it'll look different if he's playable.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just came up with a theory about all these rumors. If they're true, then I think that the ballot results were decided early on and the rest of the submissions were kept for Smash 5, as the Japanese sites says that the submissions will count towards that.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Do you mean the pose will be the same? Personally, I think it'll get a whole different pose if Shovel Knight gets into Smash.
I guess he would actually have to, as Nintendo would produce the Smash Shovel Knight, so it wouldn't be helpful to even reuse his previous form.

Chrono.

Delicious AA6 scans ahoy

Couple tidbits:
  • The theme is “courtroom revolution”
  • You can turn off hints!
  • Development on the game is 30% complete

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I just came up with a theory about all these rumors. If they're true, then I think that the ballot results were decided early on and the rest of the submissions were kept for Smash 5, as the Japanese sites says that the submissions will count towards that.
Are you sure it mentions Smash 5? :glare:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, when crap like Secret Rings, Black Knight and Rise of Lyric exists I can believe that.
So what you're saying is that Sonic games on Nintendo consoles are worst and games on non-Nintendo consoles are better?

That's actually true. Outside of 06 and Free Riders, the worst Sonic games were mostly on Nintendo systems since the GC

Shadow(GC)
Sonic Genesis (GBA)
Sonic and the Secret Rings/Black Knight (Wii)
Sonic Chronicles (DS)
Sonic Lost World (3DS)
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Meanwhile, 360 & PS3 has Generations. Just saying

D

Deleted member

Finally caught up with 10 pages of... what? JoJoXSmash, Mii Costumes, Ace Attorney
Jesus, this thread gets faster each day
I thougt it was outright hentai, so I never bothered. Finally finished Jojo Part 2. Either I start Part 3 or I start Black Butler
Finished it yesterday too
I can't believe Stroheim somehow survived fighting the ultimate being but died in WWII
Though I guess it was more so they wouldn't have to deal with, you know, WWII Getman stuff

Old Joseph is still best JoJo

Gonna put Part 3 on hold because I have Zatch Bell to watch now

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

So what you're saying is that Sonic games on Nintendo consoles are worst and games on non-Nintendo consoles are better?

That's actually true. Outside of 06 and Free Riders, the worst Sonic games were mostly on Nintendo systems since the GC

Shadow(GC)
Sonic Genesis (GBA)
Sonic and the Secret Rings/Black Knight (Wii)
Sonic Chronicles (DS)
Sonic Lost World (3DS)
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Meanwhile, 360 & PS3 has Generations. Just saying
Shadow was multi-plat

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
The team most likely started working on a character after finishing Lucas/Roy/Ryu. I don't think they'll just sit there waiting for months for the ballot to finish.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Shadow was multi-plat
True but which version was the best selling? Besides, I use that as mostly an example really.

Also I wanna add that the Wii version of Unleashed was terrible.
Man I've played that first and I kinda agree. Even the Day stages got repetitive and dull after replaying them.

#I'mStillRight

Chrono.

I really wonder how are they gonna handle the next main Sonic game.

Cause even during and after the 06 debacle, the IP still had solid sales, but Boom is the first really bad hit the franchise got all around.

D

Deleted member

What it tells me is something I've been speculating; that the amiibo could be the start of a whole "Shovel Knight" line.

Which I have to say, even if I want the Shovel Knight amiibo, I don't know if I'd go for the other characters. I only have so much shelf space which I'm already reserving for SK, Wario, and possibly Duck Hunt (in talks with a friend who pre-ordered the Retro Pack to buy Duck Hunt off him so he "has room" for another amiibo of his choosing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom