• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are definitely missing **** Gumsoe and Maya. . .

Maya could be an AT if UMVC3 is anything to go by. . . would Gumshoe be stuck with a trophy?
Also the blue Badger would make a hilarious item with obscuring vision like the Duck Hunt stage (think about the first game) or a really awkward Wobuffet

EDIT smashboards please. . . my wording was clearly innocent :/

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Von Karma assist trophy. He comes out and bangs at you with his head. :troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Mii Brawler actually has a special move that involves its knees called "Onslaught".

Rayman Mii costume is impossible.
Well the Knee is just the rushdown part
It doesn't need the Knee to attack, per se. :drshrug:

Chrono.

I actually completely forgot Elecman is an AT, I thought Capcom was AT-less for the longest time lol

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You all are crazy, the real assist trophy is Trucy and her Magic Panties. Pulls evidence out of it and throws it at people. :yeahboi:

Soul.

I sometimes dream of having Squirtle/Ivysaur back in these two games, idk why. Maybe because they were fun to play in Brawl despite being held back by the damned stamina mechanic?

... Brawl is so silly lol.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Still can't get over AA6. HYPE. Especially since they confirmed localization already. I remember being so scared that DD wouldn't come here after Edgeworth 2 was Japan only.

Soul.

Has anyone posted this thing yet. I will if everyone didn't:
Please be good, please be good.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Chrono.

Nah, that's not AA6, that's the spin off "Dai Gyakuten Saiban". And that confirms my fear that they wont bring it here, probably because it would be hard to keep consistent and localize since there are so many Japanese themes while they made the other games take place in America in the localized versions.
I thought I fixed it fast enough orz

But yeah I noticed my error, I just had AA6 on my brain lol

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Has anyone posted this thing yet. I will if everyone didn't:
Please be good, please be good.
Haven't played any of the Mystery Dungeon series to date, but I'm pretty interested in this. Will very likely try it out, at least.

In related news, given that Pokémon Z probably isn't happening in the immediate future, I finally caved and got a copy of Pokémon Y so I can replay through Kalos without deleting my X save. Dang single save-files with Friend Safaris, tons of rare berries, etc.

Last edited:

Soul.

Haven't played any of the Mystery Dungeon series to date, but I'm pretty interested in this. Will very likely try it out, at least.

In related news, given that Pokémon Z probably isn't happening in the immediate future, I finally caved and got a copy of Pokémon Y so I can replay through Kalos without deleting my X save. Dang single save-files with Friend Safaris, tons of rare berries, etc.
I only played the first two PMD games; skipped Gates because general consensus is that it's ****. I'm seriously hoping Super Mystery Dungeon is good.

I stopped playing my Y copy because eh, it just got boring after a while. I don't even have ORAS lol, might get it soon I guess, but with a new game coming out prolly next year it's kinda... not worth it.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Nah, that's not AA6, that's the spin off "Dai Gyakuten Saiban". And that confirms my fear that they wont bring it here, probably because it would be hard to keep consistent and localize since there are so many Japanese themes while they made the other games take place in America in the localized versions.
Yeah it seems like it would be quite difficult to localize DGS. The main AA games take priority so I'm not surprised AA6 got confirmation for a Western release already. I'm still hoping Capcom will consider trying to localize DGS and release it to the west some day. It seems like such a great game and would be unfortunate to miss out on. I wouldn't even mind if it takes a few years to come out, as long as it does I'm happy.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
You know, I would like to see Phoenix Wright in smash, but I do think that would be a bit to much Capcom representatives. If only there was a way to solve this...

Nintendo VS Capcom when?

Last edited:
You know, I would like to see Phoenix Wright in smash, but I do think that would be a bit to much Capcom representatives. If only there was a way to solve this...

Nintendo VS Capcom when?
People talked about this with varying level of seriousness when Ryu was mined. People assumed it was the only way Nintendo would dare make a deal with a company that made street fighter Sony exclusive. Of course they were wrong.

It WOULD be pretty fun I must admit. Unfortunately I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
People actually want Pichu back?

Every veteran in Smash has a fanbase including Pichu. Just look at how much Japan wants it back.

Also about that Samus Wikipedia page, yeah it's actually Brianna Wu who was trying to edit the trans part in and cite herself. She's really narcissistic.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Also found this cool thing about Super Mario Sunshine which is a cool read:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/02/super-mario-sunshine-camera-angle-found-suggesting-multiplayer/
I did read it and I am not much surprised.

That game is rushed. I can be blunt saying it because it just was. It's really unexpected how it turned out THAT awesome however.

Like I am not even surprised about the 5 worlds thing, there's so much blue coins, it's clear that it was a replacement.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Every veteran in Smash has a fanbase including Pichu. Just look at how much Japan wants it back.

Also about that Samus Wikipedia page, yeah it's actually Brianna Wu who was trying to edit the trans part in and cite herself. She's really narcissistic.

Yeah...really helping your image Brianna. Especially since the transgender information was a JOKE.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I did read it and I am not much surprised.

That game is rushed. I can be blunt saying it because it just was. It's really unexpected how it turned out THAT awesome however.

Like I am not even surprised about the 5 worlds thing, there's so much blue coins, it's clear that it was a replacement.
Wind Waker was rushed too. It shows in a lot of places like the brief encounter with Jabun that felt like it was cut out of a larger questline. Still turned out good though.

The GCN was the era of rushing games.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wind Waker was rushed too. It shows in a lot of places like the brief encounter with Jabun that felt like it was cut out of a larger questline. Still turned out good though.

Yeah, even the likes of Smash Bros Melee was rushed. And look how that turned out.

Nintendo can rush their games and still do it right. *coughSEGAcough*

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

it;s not even comparable to sms.

sms FELT rushed everything you would do mostly. WW never even felt rushed EXCEPT maybe of what you mentioned.

And I heavily disagree, I actually think the gc was when I saw the most detailed games (and hence why it was the best console imo, you just felt there was so much thought put into these).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Citing yourself is the main reason why I haven't gone in and fixed the various Smash wikis.

Also, for a Japanese rep, I was reconsidering what @Spazzy_D and I talked about last night. Agnes from Bravely Default could actually be a reasonable choice.

The rationale?

It all hinges on IF Shovel Knight is published by Nintendo in Japan.

Then we would have:
America: Shovel Knight (Potentially Published by Nintendo in Japan)
Europe: Layton (Published by Nintendo outside of Japan) OR Rayman (Published by Nintendo in Japan)
Japan: Agnes (Published by Nintendo outside of Japan) OR Jibayan (Will be published by Nintendo outside of Japan) or potentially Bomberman (maybe renegotiated the rights with Konami?)

It'd be using "3rd" party characters, but easier to negotiate the rights to them as Smash characters as Nintendo has some claim to them. Being published by Nintendo makes them somewhat skin to a 2nd party character, which would eliminate some of the '3rd party barriers'.

Of course Agnes isn't a very popular choice, but neither is Layton (relatively speaking, compared to other ballot contenders). I'm only suggesting Layton because AFAIK the rumor sparked by his voice actor isn't 100% deconfirmed.

Bomberman would be my personal choice, but we have no idea what the deal with Konami looks like.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know what confuses me
Sakurai says that he doesn't want to add Ridley unless he has permanent flight
But
The Koopa Clown Car is kinda flying 24/7 when it isn't on wheels
...Man, we really need more Smash 4 Emotes to be more universal.
I mean, we have the Substitute, why not emotes like the Clown Car or Luma? :drshrug:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Agnes would rustle so many feathers though. It's not like YCG or Level 5 have a better choice, BD being represented before Dragon Quest, and especially Final Fantasy would completely ruffle people's jimmies.

Plus Ringabel or Edea or bust.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know what confuses me
Sakurai says that he doesn't want to add Ridley unless he has permanent flight
But
The Koopa Clown Car is kinda flying 24/7 when it isn't on wheels
...Man, we really need more Smash 4 Emotes to be more universal.
I mean, we have the Substitute, why not emotes like the Clown Car or Luma? :drshrug:
And with character's like :4mewtwo::4pit::4charizard: and the like that basically can indeed FLY, it comes off as just a cover up excuse. He just don'es know what to do with the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom