• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also Wedding Dress Lucina lawl. Also borrows :4robinf: Levin Sword
Even Chrom uses it as well as a Javelin and Gradivus. It's like they saw the "ordinary swordsman" comments and decided to show he isn't just an "ordinary swordsman"

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Good on this NWplayer guy for standing up for the Nintendo Copyright BS.

Whether you agree with them or not, you have to admire their persistence in what they believe in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Chrom works better in Project X Zone 2 because he stands out better there. He's a guest character and the only Fire Emblem lord in the game (besides Lucina).

The problem with Chrom in Smash was the presence of Marth and Ike, characters that made Chrom feel more redundant.

Well, between the SMT crossover and this, we can safely say he got his chance. :p

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So can we finally say Chrom got his chance now? :p

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

I'm so stoked though, P x Z was my quilty pleasure game and seeing an improved sequel feature Chrom has made me go to hype heavens. And I can pair him with Nick & Maya or Valkyrie as well. My gosh, it's like a dream game for a humble fella like me.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I kinda do hate the format for mobile but it isn't something to be upset over. I'll probably get use to it for a while.

But it's mostly due to how I can't access notifications easier than the old one

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh my gosh, as someone who uses Smashboards primarily on his phone, this update rocks.

It comes a day after getting a new phone too so it's A NEW RADICAL BEAM.

Although I do agree that the notifications tab should return to the top bar. I might suggest it to the Champ.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
This new update is pretty nice. It'll take some time getting adjusted to everything but I like it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well tamaki realeased another video
This time it's for a series I fell in love with. No tears until the end. . .
I've watched that already. Interesting stuff.

To be fair, Factor 5's approach with the visuals isn't as appealing as Sakurai's. Prefer the anime-like designs over the overly realistic ones, though some of Factor 5's designs for Pit were actually cool.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
TBH, An adult Pit would have been fine if they used the basis of the Brawl design Nintendo sent them and work from there instead of changing up the whole thing from the ground up. Especially the whole angel's fall from grace into redemption plot.

Problem is that they went way into the gritty reboot line, a line which RARELY ever works and the designs kinda looked bland in my eyes to where it didn't feel as close to the games like before.

It's kinda why I hate western takes on series due to not totally grasping what made those designs and concepts work and trying to go the whole "epic, LOTR, Batman darker" design.

Sakurai's isn't as special either but it worked because it stuck with what made the classics what they were without remaking it into something radically different and probably not appeasing to really like

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait there's Nintendo characters in X Zone? ...You know in hindsight I shouldn't probably be as surprised, but nonetheless I'm looking forward to it more and more. And I do love how Kos-Mos and Fiora are together. They do come from the same franchise after all.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so after some time with the new update.....the blink dots are still annoying....and i dont like the contant bar at the top of the screen
it just feels unessisary

EDIT:
okay so im looking at my post and i see it has a blinking dot as well WHY? is it really nessisary that i know IM ONLINE? like i think i can tell

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

so after some time with the new update.....the blink dots are still annoying....and i dont like the contant bar at the top of the screen
it just feels unessisary

EDIT:
okay so im looking at my post and i see it has a blinking dot as well WHY? is it really nessisary that i know IM ONLINE? like i think i can tell
That's how the programming on the website is. If you looked at the bottom of the page before it listed everyone's names, even your own if you were online, they probably added onto that feature to make the dot thing. It would be unnecessarily difficult to make it so you don't see a dot on your own avatar. There might be a setting to turn it off

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
That's how the programming on the website is. If you looked at the bottom of the page before it listed everyone's names, even your own if you were online, they probably added onto that feature to make the dot thing. It would be unnecessarily difficult to make it so you don't see a dot on your own avatar. There might be a setting to turn it off
exactly its at the bottom of the page i dont need it on my profile image

Chrono.

Hyrule Warriors Legends doesn't have 3D on regular 3DSes.

Guess now we know what they had to cut lol

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
On my PC in low energy mode, it's faster.

Another new feature is that you can highlight text and quote it directly.
Well, the site runs a bit slow, as usual. My laptop runs slow after I installed LoL...

I see... Squidboard had that feature already as well.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
It's really not bad, it's an easy way to let you know who's online without having to go to the bottom of the page
its actually LESS convienant because you can only tell by whos posted on the page via the annoying blinking dots

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People are actually complaining about the toolbar always staying at the top of the page? It's so convenient though.

D

Deleted member

People are actually complaining about the toolbar always staying at the top of the page? It's so convenient though.
Can't agree more, i can actually check my notifications anywhere on the page now

D

Deleted member

I just thought about this:

In certain aspects, Xenoblade is considered a spiritual successor to Xenogears and Xenosaga. Because of this (and the "Xeno" prefix in the titles), the games are unofficially grouped together as a series. However, with the exception of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, I don't think I've ever seen or heard anyone group other spiritual predecessors and successors (Mega Man and Mighty No. 9, Castlevania and Bloodstained, etc.) in the same manner.

Maybe I shouldn't question varying fanbase logic. We live in the same world where where the remakes of first and third entries in the Fire Emblem series are respectively numbered as "11" and "12" for some reason when other remakes usually retain their original numbering (Final Fantasy III and IV, etc.).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait, Nintendo franchises are now in Project X Zone 2? And they've already anounced Fire Emblem and Xenoblade? *faints*

Chrono.

I just thought about this:

In certain aspects, Xenoblade is considered a spiritual successor to Xenogears and Xenosaga. Because of this (and the "Xeno" prefix in the titles), the games are unofficially grouped together as a series. However, with the exception of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, I don't think I've ever seen or heard anyone group other spiritual predecessors and successors (Mega Man and Mighty No. 9, Castlevania and Bloodstained, etc.) in the same manner.

Maybe I shouldn't question varying fanbase logic. We live in the same world where where the remakes of first and third entries in the Fire Emblem series are respectively numbered as "11" and "12" for some reason when other remakes usually retain their original numbering (Final Fantasy III and IV, etc.).
The Xeno games are still loosely linked to each other though, while Mighty No 9/Megaman and Bloodstained/Castlevania are completely separate from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom