• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I personally think Metroid NES's only real flaw is that each time you die you have to like recover all your health tanks and missles over again. Very annoying flaw, but it along with Super Metroid still end up being my favs. I need to play the Prime series more, though.

But once again I don't believe games age, so yeah. lol

D

Deleted member

Once you enter on TVTropes, you will most likely spend 2 hours there at least.

It's like entering a void of time.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP SHANTAE IS GOING PHYSICAL ON JAPAN K.HRIST ALL MIGHTY.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Once you enter on TVTropes, you will most likely spend 2 hours there at least.

It's like entering a void of time.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP SHANTAE IS GOING PHYSICAL ON JAPAN K.HRIST ALL MIGHTY.
How to waste productive tine:
  1. Go into TvTropes
  2. Choose a series/game/cartoon/movie you have watched and go to its page
  3. Read it from start to finish
  4. ?????
  5. Profit

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So what is Pac Man World 3 like?
It's not terrible, but it honestly just feels bland compared to the other two. It's very combat heavy, while the previous games are platforming oriented. Again, it's not bad but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Also it's about time Wayforward got Shantae into Japan.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's not terrible, but it honestly just feels bland compared to the other two. It's very combat heavy, while the previous games are platforming oriented. Again, it's not bad but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Also it's about time Wayforward got Shantae into Japan.
I'll say, it was even developed by a Japanese company, Inti Creates.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'll never stop laughing at Mario's hyper realistic overalls.

Brawl's artstyle in general was off, it worked for some characters and for others, well, :toonlink:
I blame Twilight Princess (and Snake) to be the main factor of choice for that horrendous artstyle.

*shrugs*

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What I love about Smash 4's artstyle is that characters don't have that uncanny valley of realism. They are more closer to their design. Like how :4fox::4diddy::4sonic::4yoshi: look more closer to their games.

And that the human characters look great. Especially how :4pit::4zelda::4marth:&:4myfriends:.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Gameplay-wise, mainly, which I find it to be very repetitive with the time, and I'd also say the lack of development of some characters (Magnus and Medusa mainly).

It's just a thought that, while I'd still recommend this game to my friends back in 2012, 2013 and 2014 like crazy, it wouldn't on such a level today.

That and KIU's over-representation in Smash 4, especially on 3DS, doesn't help either.

EDIT :
And a huge punch into Shantae detractors' guts. Good.
As a detractor, I remained unmoved. I think it's too late. Though, I guess to be fair I thought the same thing about Shovel Knight...and there's a good rumor floating around...I think this Smash DLC is going to really change how we all look at the roster selection, if SK is really in.

Soul.

Wait what, Sakurai won awards? Congrats to him!
Honestly if we got a new handheld that was as powerful as other handheld consoles by Nintendo I'd use it more than my Wii U.
Just with a bigger screen. Maybe it ends up being two gamepads slapped together, I dunno.
Preach lol, I'd be a million times happy if we got such a handheld.

D

Deleted member

As a detractor, I remained unmoved. I think it's too late. Though, I guess to be fair I thought the same thing about Shovel Knight...and there's a good rumor floating around...I think this Smash DLC is going to really change how we all look at the roster selection, if SK is really in.
Question: is the Shovel Knight rumor still up in the air? right?

Soul.

Hey guys, wanna know what's Super Mystery Dungeon's final boss?
I would do it but spoilers.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Well, it might not help her ballot chances but at least it could make her more popular. Shantae amiibo when?

D

Deleted member

I never cared about TP that much. And i never encouraged myself to play it.

But that trailer was hype as all hell:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The artstyle of both of them suck tho
At least Brawl reedems itself with good gameplay and story :^)
Are you implying SSE's story is GOOD?

Dude, that plot was straight crazy. It doesn't help that the mode isn't as good as I thought it wa before but having a good story, oh I'm laffin

Soul.

people overrate brawl so much omg. a huge 1-player mode matters a lot.
it was a good game, barring a few exceptions, but like.
Not yet, but Serebii is frequently updating though.

Game looks to have a buttload of content.
True, true. I wonder if the content is on par with Explorers.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Cant wait to see 90% of the ballot voters, including an entire region, to be completely disappointed when a high school play star makes it into Smash. Even Quote and Shantae make leagues more sense to include before SK.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Umm that Rich_Cod Twitter account, I'm pretty sure that's a parody of the Social Justice ******ts.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
One of the most hilarious things about Subspace for me is how much the Great Maze sucked.

Despite the fact that Sakurai was the advisor of a Metroidvania style game before.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Gameplay-wise, mainly, which I find it to be very repetitive with the time, and I'd also say the lack of development of some characters (Magnus and Medusa mainly).
Agreed on that Medusa and Magnus get little spotlight.

The single-player levels do get repetitive since they revolve a lot around the story, so playing for a second time isn't as memorable unless you really like particular parts of the story.

Multiplayer is great. Just as great as Smash.

That and KIU's over-representation in Smash 4, especially on 3DS, doesn't help either.
I never got, I still don't get and I probably won't ever get this logic.

It's just ported stuff that was easily tacked into the game. lol

I really don't see what's the big deal with the KIU content in Smash 3DS. By the way, Smash Wii U doesn't nearly have the same content as 3DS being roughly the same as other minor franchises represented in the game with almost no trophies, two stages like most franchises and two Assist Trophies. Before you whine about Palutena's Guidance, do remind that Star Fox also has conversations, just like Melee and Brawl.

Okay, there are 5 items added, but those just happen to work well in Smash because the games are so similar in the first place, so the items are easy to recreate from a design point of view. Ideas that add to the gameplay are always good.

Ah well, to each their own I suppose...

D

Deleted member

One of the most hilarious things about Subspace for me is how much the Great Maze sucked.

Despite the fact that Sakurai was the advisor of a Metroidvania style game before.
What was the name of that Metroidvania game?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Cant wait to see 90% of the ballot voters, including an entire region, to be completely disappointed when a high school play star makes it into Smash. Even Quote and Shantae make leagues more sense to include before SK.
I mentioned this yesterday but it's not unlikely that Shovel Knight outsold the entire Shantae series.

Soul.

Amazing Mirror was great from my experience, lol.
Sometimes though, the maps seemed confusing. I mainly liked it because you could change the colors, and the Smash Copy Ability.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Never change FAQs.

Delicious irony. :laugh:

Also, here's another funny thing: I've yet to see people complaining about the big number of Animal Crossing characters in Mario Maker's Mystery Mushroom roster. When Smash 3DS got a lot of ported KIU content, people raged.

D

Deleted member

Are you implying SSE's story is GOOD?

Dude, that plot was straight crazy. It doesn't help that the mode isn't as good as I thought it wa before but having a good story, oh I'm laffin
Still better than TP's plot :^)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I mentioned this yesterday but it's not unlikely that Shovel Knight outsold the entire Shantae series.
There aren't any concrete sales figures for the Shantae games afaik, but as of June 30th Shovel Knight has sold over 700,000 copies.

So this probably holds some truth to it.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Agreed on that Medusa and Magnus get little spotlight.

The single-player levels do get repetitive since they revolve a lot around the story, so playing for a second time isn't as memorable unless you really like particular parts of the story.

Multiplayer is great. Just as great as Smash.

I never got, I still don't get and I probably won't ever get this logic.

It's just ported stuff that was easily tacked into the game. lol

I really don't see what's the big deal with the KIU content in Smash 3DS. By the way, Smash Wii U doesn't nearly have the same content as 3DS being roughly the same as other minor franchises represented in the game with almost no trophies, two stages like most franchises and two Assist Trophies. Before you whine about Palutena's Guidance, do remind that Star Fox also has conversations, just like Melee and Brawl.

Okay, there are 5 items added, but those just happen to work well in Smash because the games are so similar in the first place, so the items are easy to recreate from a design point of view. Ideas that add to the gameplay are always good.

Ah well, to each their own I suppose...
Did we play the same game? I'd say Medusa got a pretty good amount of character development. Chapters 1, 6, 9, and 25 all highlight this. Magnus I'd agree with you. Also, Sakurai likes Star Fox, so i'm calling bias on every side.
kidding!

And i'd love to see Sakurai jump back on the Kid Icarus train after Smash DLC is over, but it's not going to happen and i cry myself to sleep every night knowing this.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People who really wasn't fond of the Metroidvania style game of Amazing Mirror probably didn't know that Sakurai did this before

Great Cave Offensive is probably a very linear Metroidvania but had its exploration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom