• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The one thing I can see stopping a Marvel world is, well...Marvel itself. They're basically to Disney what Pokemon is to Nintendo. They're REALLY protective of their IP, so much so that in Disney Infinity advertisements and official crossovers, the Marvel cast barely ever interacts with the Disney, Pixar, or Star Wars cast.

From that I can see them saying no to Kingdom Hearts. :/
B-but...muh Donald X Howard the Duck fanfic tho....:sadsheep:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think they can say no, Disney outright OWNS them. Spiderman's also very popular in Japan, right?
From what I remember, despite fully owning them, they do have the power to say no to certain things. Something in the contractual agreement. They were left with some autonomy after the buyout.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well there WAS one planed for Birth By Sleep.

I have no idea why it was cut.

EDIT oh hey Rashid on stream
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kipling wrote both Tarzan and TJB right?
Because the reason Tarzan never came back after 1 was pretty much because Kipling was all "Don't let my story near this filth again". The same may be relevant to TJB.

Chrono.

Because the reason Tarzan never came back after 1 was pretty much because Kipling was all "Don't let my story near this filth again". The same may be relevant to TJB.
Y'know, it was always odd how the entire series pretends Deep Jungle never happened.

Yet, it wasn't cut from the remaster.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The one thing I can see stopping a Marvel world is, well...Marvel itself. They're basically to Disney what Pokemon is to Nintendo. They're REALLY protective of their IP, so much so that in Disney Infinity advertisements and official crossovers, the Marvel cast barely ever interacts with the Disney, Pixar, or Star Wars cast.

From that I can see them saying no to Kingdom Hearts. :/
The problem with mainstream Marvel (Aka: Avengers, Xmen, Spiderman, etc) theres really no good starting point for KH. Do we go with just a hulk world? Do we go with a Spiderman world? Most KH worlds have a very compact plot focusing on very specific moments or scenarios from the films. Hell, Aladdin and Hercules appeared way too many times, and they haven't even completed their main plots yet. I think for now we are just getting BH6

Supposedly cut due to copyright issues.
That's what I assumed but I wasn't going o go around spreading info I wasn't 100% on.

Which is really sad because Lost Jungle was my favorite world in the series :/
Gravity Falls anyone?
Hell Yes.
Of course I haven't watched the recent episode so i'm not 100% in the know

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Y'know, it was always odd how the entire series pretends Deep Jungle never happened.

Yet, it wasn't cut from the remaster.
That's because Tarzan already exists in KH1 and it's copyright so there isn't much Kipling could do to stop that.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kipling didn't write Tarzan; Burroughs did. The Jungle Book doesn't have a licensing issue because it's in the public domain. Tarzan, however, is not. That's why Tarzan's world was removed from later Kingdom Hearts titles, and why Tarzan in Disney Infinity can't happen (a Tantor disc was okay though, since they didn't mention Tarzan himself).

Only room for one jungle. :p

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Kipling didn't write Tarzan; Burroughs did. The Jungle Book doesn't have a licensing issue because it's in the public domain. Tarzan, however, is not. That's why Tarzan's world was removed from later Kingdom Hearts titles, and why Tarzan in Disney Infinity can't happen (a Tantor disc was okay though, since they didn't mention Tarzan himself).

Only room for one jungle. :p
I got schooled. Read more books, me, you uneducated ruffian.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really can't get into KH talk considering I don't even like the series.

All I know about the series is that it's a borderline love story between 3 people who desperately wants to bone each other with 4 different copies of one character and 2 of another with a bunch of Disney and Final Fantasy characters. All trying to stop the dark because they didn't fill their hearts with light (I hope some one gets that reference)

Also Fujoshis believe every male character is gayer than Elton John.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Apparently, I lost my sense of ridiculous to support a character;

but no regrets at all;

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
[
I really can't get into KH talk considering I don't even like the series.

All I know about the series is that it's a borderline love story between 3 people who desperately wants to bone each other with 4 different copies of one character and 2 of another with a bunch of Disney and Final Fantasy characters. All trying to stop the dark because they didn't fill their hearts with light (I hope some one gets that reference)

Also Fujoshis believe every male character is gayer than Elton John.
As a fan of KH, I can say you are pretty close on the jackpot, Dante.
I love the characters, and I love love LOOOOOVE the gameplay, but I cannot and never will vogue for the story.
Also Sora is obviously supposed to be with Kairi (the girl), but Sora suuuuure does like to imply things with Riku.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
It'd be pretty hard for Kipling to tell Square to not use his story seeing how he died almost 80 years ago.
Well, it would also depend on who held a copyright on his story. There are people that died a long time ago but their families still own the rights to things they did and don't allow others to use them. But yeah, if it's in public domain and nobody from family or whatever owns it then yeah... he's out of luck there. haha

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
KH can be pretty pretentious despite being about friendship.
'what is the meaning of friendship?'
It gives you connections, helps your social skills and learn about people
'What?No! The meaning of friendship is getting magical powers!'
Bill as a super boss or bust
Also, what about Star Vs. The Forces of Evil?
Is that show any good?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I remember that there are legal issues regarding King Louie from the Jungle Book, so if the Jungle Book does get a world in it it probably won't feature King Louie.

D

Deleted member

'what is the meaning of friendship?'
It gives you connections, helps your social skills and learn about people
'What?No! The meaning of friendship is getting magical powers!'

Is that show any good?
What's that show like?
It's the second best show on Disney Channel
That's not saying much unfortunately
I don't know how to explain it but let's just say it's pretty good
Magical girl and her earth friend fighting evil beings is the best way I can put it
And I guess they're attempting to have a plot or something if the latest episodes are anything to go by
And I smell feels coming

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, so I guess I should write about my speculation stuff after the stage announcement.

So, I will say that it;s very likely we get a second stage, just because of the filename, it;s quite obvious tbh. My question is just why? @Frostwraith just said in this thread that they would have photoshopped the JP version to make sense and in this case, this means that it's REALLY in dev and not ready yet, but it also means that they probably jsut done it to hype people (maybe time constraints?),

Anyway, what is very interesting is why even doing this if we know they have at least one stage more to show? Like, If I think about it, the SMM stage cannot indicate any new characters so announcing the stage ALONE, it;s fine. Hiding another stage however, I just have to say it;s fishy. Cause it might just be because they want to surprise people with an unexpected stage, but what if THEY DIDN'T WANTED that we know its existence? I feel the filename were an accident, so I would like to bring the possibility that that stage might have been hidden for a character trailer. To me, I don;t feel it;s particularly likely and I would prefer to not put too much into that possibility, but I jsut still question the decision enough to consider it would be a stage reveal in a trailer.

OR, what if they actually just release that stage on that update, nothing else, but shortly after, they would release another update with the second stage and a character? Feels weird, but I just think the direct time are screwed up now since we have no idea when and what will come anyway.

The other possibility is it;s just a past stage, could happen, but then I still question why they would wait to reveal it. Ok, it might have been because they jsut wanted to hype the SMM one with its dedicated trailer, but why not jsut do both at the same time?

As for the ballot, I will maintain my stance that I really think preballot is really done. I explained a lot why but the summary is that I would expect stuff to have happened way before now to believe otherwise. This still means that I'm even more iffy on wolf mind you.

As for the number of characters, ........I just have no idea other than my absiolute maximum is 4, I will not go any higher in expectation and Sakurai would gladly troll me if we gets more. I however think 2 OR 3 are much more likely than 4 as far as chances goes. Considering the ballot is about to end and that we already have a rumor about one of them, I feel it;s either going to start on the next update if they actually did hid the stage for a character or i expect October cause I think we would get a direct and if we haven't heard of the second stage, I would expect to hear it there.

Other than that, I don;t have much changes in which I think are more likely (considering my stance on preballot being done). Technically, I do feel paper mario is the msot likely, but like I said, it doesn't matter much because I might jsut say that he has good chances like others candidate and that would be more accurate and more meaningful. bdee, I would say has enough to possibly make in, Dixie is.....not sure, but I'll say ok chances, inklings, I still think they were too new and the costume doesn;t help, same for KKR. the problem with KKR is because of the costumes, he has less chances than he would normally have and this is even after ballot so I'll just say he has chances, but not THAT much. SK, depends ont he rumor tbh because he could be in without the rumor though, I wouldn't think he's there tbh. As for Isaac, I don;t feel he has that much chances.

As for vet, I would say the only one with a very substantial chances is wolf, but like I said above, kinda iffy on it.

other than that, I have nothing to say, it does make me want to learn what;s next though :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder... If the apparently missing stage si for a third party character or if it's another promotional one. If so, for what game? Star Fox Zero?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Magical girl and her earth friend fighting evil beings is the best way I can put it
And I guess they're attempting to have a plot or something if the latest episodes are anything to go by
And I smell feels coming
What's the best show? FISH HOOKS?:troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And I smell feels coming
I'll have to check it then

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I remember that there are legal issues regarding King Louie from the Jungle Book, so if the Jungle Book does get a world in it it probably won't feature King Louie.
King Louie's in a really weird position.

Since he wasn't in the original story, he's a purely Disney-owned character. Or at least, he would be...since his likeness was heavily based on Louie Prima, Prima's estate gets a royalty each time King Louie is used. This is why he's either removed (like in The Jungle Book 2) or replaced with an expy (House of Mouse used an expy called "his brother, King Larry" who was literally just King Louie). That being said, I think video games might be okay, since they couldn't have been mentioned at the time of the contract since they didn't exist, and that he's mentioned in a skydome in Disney Infinity, and his face is on a Power Disc for the game. It's a sticky situation, but they might be able to use him in Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

feex~
Didn't see much, only saw him not being able to combo well
I'm now wondering what happens if one of the Annas have a son instead of a daughter
Oh wait, I know!
Anna-Portrait-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom