• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I saw it yesterday and it's true that it's sad. I found 23 sadder tought, nearly cried.
23 is the one with Umagon
Wait, are we talking about the same thing?
Because if so, episode 22(Sopopoyo)>Episode 8(Koruru)>Episode 27(Danny)
I need someone to understand my sadness ;_;

Bananija

Count of Trickery
23 is the one with Umagon
Wait, are we talking about the same thing?
Because if so, episode 22(Sopopoyo)>Episode 8(Koruru)>Episode 27(Danny)
I need someone to understand my sadness ;_;
Oops! Thought you were talking about Steven Universe. Sorry.:lol:

D

Deleted member

Oops! Thought you were talking about Steven Universe. Sorry.:lol:
;_;
No one will ever understand my sadness
Please tell me there is someone in this thread that understands how I feel

For future reference
Steven Universe=Singing and crying
Zatch Bell=Fighting and crying

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah, how does the Shovel Knight rumor fit in on this if it does have a high chance of happening when you look at this? He's at the lower end of the spectrum.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, how does the Shovel Knight rumor fit in on this if it does have a high chance of happening when you look at this? He's at the lower end of the spectrum.
Japan isn't as big as the west, in which Shovel Knight is pretty damn popular. Different continent, different opinions. Besides, it's just a rumor, take it with a pinch of salt

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Dear life. Today, I learned crows are pretty ****ing smart. We need a crow pokemon. One that actually gives off an intelligent vibe. Honchcrow isn't enough
I've always liked the idea of a Pokemon based on a medieval witch doctor, and it would most likely be some form of avian species due to how the masks they wore resembled the beaks of birds. Ghost/Flying or Ghost/Poison perhaps.

I've also thought of a few Pokedex entries too, cus why not~

"It is said that those who peer under their masks mysteriously develop a terrible illness shortly after. A cure has yet to be discovered."

"These Pokemon used to be very common hundreds of years ago. Their numbers dwindled, however, as medical technology grew more advanced."

"Sightings of these Pokemon in the dead of night is taken as a premonition that a plague is coming."

:3

D

Deleted member

you said SU though
I was referencing how it is seen as having a lot of "feels" and sometimes called "singing and crying"
Then I compared it to Zatch Bell because the "Fighting and crying" comes from the show itself and **** me it doesn't have a lot of feels
I can understand why he got confused though

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I've always liked the idea of a Pokemon based on a medieval witch doctor, and it would most likely be some form of avian species due to how the masks they wore resembled the beaks of birds. Ghost/Flying or Ghost/Poison perhaps.

I've also thought of a few Pokedex entries too, cus why not~

"It is said that those who peer under their masks mysteriously develop a terrible illness shortly after. A cure has yet to be discovered."

"These Pokemon used to be very common hundreds of years ago. Their numbers dwindled, however, as medical technology grew more advanced."

"Sightings of these Pokemon in the dead of night is taken as a premonition that a plague is coming."

:3
Ghost/Poison fits better in my opinion. And that concept sound awesome honestly.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All I know is a Puyo Puyo rep doesn't sound that bad. Apart from that I'm indifferent with the poll.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd be more than happy if the remaining DLC characters are from this list
I wouldn't tbh
Inklings and Bandana Dee interest me but K. Rool and Snake can stay how they are now
Indifferent on Wolf
Don't understand why we need a second Roy :confused:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Keep in mind that he's still not happening. Bandana Dee's at 4th place if we remove Roy yet I'm not certain my most wanted will happen despite that
"He is still not happening" that word does not mean anything unless if you work at Nintendo also I never said it will happen or not but I am really happy to see more supporters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Am I the only one who thinks the next pokemon will be announced at TGS?

Also I really like those poll results, I hope several of them come in as DLC!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Warning Received
"He is still not happening" that SENTENCE does not mean anything unless if you work at Nintendo also I never said it will happen or not but I am really happy to see more supporters.
fixed your awful grammar on something
Meanwhile you've yet to contact SE to ask about Geno, something you and another Geno fantard said you'd do. Saying Geno has a chance means nothing to me unless you have genuine info

Strofirko

Smash Master
Meanwhile you've yet to contact SE to ask about Geno, something you and another Geno fantard said you'd do. Saying Geno has a chance means nothing to me unless you have genuine info
WHY DO YOU EVEN TRY?

Last edited:
Because I'm sick of the same kid spewing the same bull**** in his echochamber and want to talk sense into him
Don't start a fight you know you can't win or even enjoy. And certainly on't start a fight where you get yourself in trouble. Sometimes it's better to walk away. Based on the past of this thread I think this is one of those times.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Why did you bring up "contact SE"? this has nothing to do from what I am saying right now :facepalm:
Also if you think "Geno has a chance" means nothing to you then you probably would never change your mind about this because you are always againts Geno no matter what I say even if I was right.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really can't even really care about Geno anymore.

I'm getting more upset over other things.

Man, Ryuga just let it go.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why did you bring up "contact SE"? this has nothing to do from what I am saying right now :facepalm:
Also if you think "Geno has a chance" means nothing to you then you probably would never change your mind about this because you are always againts Geno no matter what I say even if I was right.
Because you've been to ask SE whether or not they own Geno and need to give permission when fanboying about Geno quite a lot of times in the past, both here and on YT yet you ignore everything. Of course I won't my mind on Geno anymore, you won't, so why should I? I thought Geno is pretty meh, now I genuinely despise everything about that puppet

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
.....I jsut oticed you indeed posted the reasults :)

So, what I can say is this: I feel these results are slightly more accurate than the previous one with choices like bk and inklings.

But all in all, it just doesn't change much for those that are usually requested (even paper mario got the EXACT same position that is actually a tie between 3 characters making him "kinda" on top 10).

So what I can say about them? The msot interesting aspect of these is that I don't have much to say. despite some characters getting more hype due to the ballot, it just doesn;t change the position of really requested one like kkr or even bdee at this point. This means that pretty much most of the polling I saw would be close in accuracy with the only major exception being that isaac is FAR mroe popular here and as well as SK, but tbh.....what can you do when the game isn;t even localised yet? That game is going to get it anyway so.....

With the ultimate poll coming which I am REALLY interested in it, I realised that altough the results are indeed very different from the usual, I still realised that some characters are THAT consistent in popu8lairty to not change much.

Which basically makes me wonder, is Sakurai looking for that? Say, if a character is popular for a certain period of time but will eventually drop off, would Sakurai pass and choose a character that has and still will be consistently popular?

Because don;t get me wrong, but I feel the qunatity aspect of the ballot is to test that as well as why people would want him which is still important. From a pure popularity perspective, I feel a consistent and requested character is better placed than a temporarily requested one.

Do you think the same push?

Would like to hear you on that :)
It's hard to say. If they are true to their word, then votes will have a big impact on the selection process. However, this can lead to what some of us call..."flavor of the month" inclusions. I think it's important to note that most of the voting probably occurred in April (Most voting occurs at the start of the ballot). Therefore, I believe that if any "flavor of the month" character were to get in, it'd be from characters that were highly requested in April (possibly Shovel Knight?).

If the ballot doesn't matter, and it is a 'suggestion box', then I think @BluePikmin11's character polls might be the best way to measure "general popularity", Some characters have higher request rates in limited settings, I saw this in my previous poll results. If you look at his results you will see that characters like Captain Toad are actually doing much better than Daisy. However, Daisy usually beats Captain Toad in other polls. I do think that Sakurai takes general popularity into consideration. After all, he said he was aware of Ryu's popularity and demand but I didn't really measure THAT strong of demand for him. Even in my results pre-DLC announcement he didn't clear the top 15.

There's a lot that goes into character selection that may or may not be relevant for DLC character selection. It's really a new ball game. Like we don't know if not likely to appear in a new game is going to hold back Isaac or King K. Rool. Or we don't know if the ballot if newcomer only, or possibly 3rd party only. There's a lot of unknowns and my head hurts from trying to quantify everything :p.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If people are going to start getting pissy over a video game character a person wants, then you need to calm down and stop.

It's not necessary and just plain disrespectful

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm not letting someone stay in an echochamber
Except Boost's shown he's not coming out of the "echo chamber"any time soon. If you get so pissed off with seeing him talk about Geno then you really need to hit the ignore button.

I'm getting 2 teeth pulled out, will vomit blood which colours my teeth red and get a cut in wages next month, I don't care if it's helpful or not
Well if you don't want to be banned or infracted for insulting people you really should care.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

I'm getting 2 teeth pulled out, will vomit blood which colours my teeth red and get a cut in wages next month, I don't care if it's helpful or not
This is Smashboards. It's a collection of echo chambers over in the character section.

Let it go.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Ryuga. DROP IT.

You are hurting no one but yourself. If it's that much of a problem then LEAVE IT ALONE

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's hard to say. If they are true to their word, then votes will have a big impact on the selection process. However, this can lead to what some of us call..."flavor of the month" inclusions. I think it's important to note that most of the voting probably occurred in April (Most voting occurs at the start of the ballot). Therefore, I believe that if any "flavor of the month" character were to get in, it'd be from characters that were highly requested in April (possibly Shovel Knight?).

If the ballot doesn't matter, and it is a 'suggestion box', then I think @BluePikmin11's character polls might be the best way to measure "general popularity", Some characters have higher request rates in limited settings, I saw this in my previous poll results. If you look at his results you will see that characters like Captain Toad are actually doing much better than Daisy. However, Daisy usually beats Captain Toad in other polls. I do think that Sakurai takes general popularity into consideration. After all, he said he was aware of Ryu's popularity and demand but I didn't really measure THAT strong of demand for him. Even in my results pre-DLC announcement he didn't clear the top 15.

There's a lot that goes into character selection that may or may not be relevant for DLC character selection. It's really a new ball game. Like we don't know if not likely to appear in a new game is going to hold back Isaac or King K. Rool. Or we don't know if the ballot if newcomer only, or possibly 3rd party only. There's a lot of unknowns and my head hurts from trying to quantify everything :p.
The reasons I might think consistency matters is just a logical thought.

Sakurai did said that he would want characters from series that has a future. That to me already seems that he would want characters that have a high chance to be consistently requested or just liked in general.

And the way the ballot goes makes me think he is trying to look for that specifically because it will actually matter for this game and for the next ones too (if they exist). This is kind of a long term scenario tbh, you would have to put trust on this poll enough which might explain why it's going on for so long (I find the length of it very long imo).

As as for blue's general popularity, to me this is soemthing I could factor in the consistency. In fact, if that polls says someone is wanted, but nto voted on the polls.....this would be strange, but I would say that maybe it has to do with what peopel want more. In this case, i don;t feel it would matter this much because I think the ballot aims for substantial votes, not necessarily the very top one (and oh god who knows if it;s a troll or not anyway).

The opposite however, being voted in polls and not much for blues one, this one is more tricky if it happens. Because it would mean that the potential to get votes in the ballot is low, but the votes can be very strong.....

So, if a character is said to be wanted on both polling style, that;s when I think it's very consistent because it would mean that the character is liked AND is very requested relatively to others.

This is what I mean by consistency, being requested, being wanted, being liked and being there relatively to other characters and just STAY there. If you would have done a ryu in blue style poll, maybe he;ll have much more yes, but this would reveal that the other polls would mean that when given the choice, ryu isn't that wanted, it doesn't mean that he isn;t wanted at all.

The reason I talk so much about consistency is that right now, I am pretty much convinced that paper mario is one of them. He did A LOT better than I expected on blue poll (seriously, I expected the no to win by a lot and it was the opposite) and on any at least decent polls i saw, he just stays top 10 (he;s really close if not there).

And he;s a weird case because I consider his support to be a "silent wanting", it;s not vocal, but it's very substantial. This is what surprised me when i began to support him, idk that silently wanting someone made that much of a difference.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well if you don't want to be banned or infracted for insulting people you really should care.
Welp. That's one gif rendered useless.
Geno Says:
Geno.gif
And it was going to be at the perfect time too. Looks like I took too long :p.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
ProJared has gone too low
You can see pain and agony in his face
Wow. I mean, wow. Don't get me wrong, I like Projared. But my God this is a comedic void. It's like they looked at what made him funny in his reviews, and stripped it down to the most sterile, harmless piece of "laughs" you could possibly do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom