• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

There is a guy? who is telling to his followers to spam the polls and the ballot with Krystal votes for follows.
I think that's not fair, but that's just my opinion.
To be fair at this point it's likely not gonna make a difference.

Most of us shared the ballot and campaigned for certain characters, the only difference is that this guy has an actual major following.

It's not really any more different than what we did, and even if he did tell everyone he'd follow them back, I'm sure his fanbase would've voted for Krystal anyway.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This is why I think every single fan poll is inaccurate. Why remove all the Krystal votes? What makes her different from Isaac, other than Isaac is popular here? Same thing happened with one of those reddit polls where people set up bots to vote for Daisy and King K.Rool. Everyone on Reddit was quick to toss out the Daisy support, but insisted K.Rool's vote count was fine. Because K.Rool was popular there, and Daisy wasn't.

Even if K.Rool is the most popular character everywhere, which I happen to think he is, the polls are still right for the wrong reasons by continuously polling the same insulated community that has been shown to spam votes for him over and over again. Even the most visible fan polls hardly return a fraction of the votes the official ballot has received, and while a good sample size for this kind of poll only needs to be a small fraction, usually between 3 and 5% to be accurate within a 5% margin of error, that only applies if the poll covers the entire voting base.

Poll 1000 voters from around the US about who they'll vote for President, you'll get not too terribly far off from a 50/50 Democrat/Republic split. Poll 1000 voters from around the US, but 700 of them are in California, and you'll wind up with insanely skewed Democratic results. And maybe this was 2012, where the Democratic candidate won. Does that mean the results were accurate? No, because they'd have been exactly the same in 2004, when the Republican won, because California always votes democrat, just like Reddit always votes K.Rool. I'd be quite interested to know whose popular in a poll that didn't include Reddit or Smashboards.

The polls never show us anything we don't already "know" because the results are manipulated to show what we think is true.
This is very true. The echo chamber effect is something I even noted in my mini poll results (Where I compared Pre share request % and post share request % for characters). Some characters had stronger increases but it was difficult to fully isolate them as their shares happened at different intervals. Also the number of perceived option does seem to skew results. As I mentioned in the Japanese DLC post, there is a lot of "bandwagoning".

In all fairness that is essentially what every fanbase is doing. There are entire support twitter/facebook pages for a reason. This is just someone with a bit more of a following. I don't really see the difference.
That's very true. Also this kind of bandwagoning probably happened on the actual ballot too.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>Squid Wars

>Splatoon

Well, this is uh.... interesting.

Not even a year after Splatoon's release and we already have a clone :p

View attachment 73089
People make a much bigger deal of it than they need to. It's not even a big deal...they're not making money off it (since it's a free-to-download level), and to be fair Infinity had the paint changing mechanic about a year before Splatoon even came out. It's just an homage. Infinity's SUPPOSED to be a make-whatever-the-hell-you-want kind of game anyway. Some people, man...

Chrono.

I'm pretty sure if y'all had a decent internet audience you would use it to campaign for a Smash character.

I know I would.

Last edited:
Smashified is just ****ing with us at this point
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I wonder if Kumatora has a thread. . .
I'm pretty sure if one of y'all had a decent internet audience you would use it to campaign for a Smash character.

I know I would.
I know I would have. I would have sold my fanbase out for Ridley Viridi and Wonder Red so fast I wouldnt have had time to sell them out for Dixie lol

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Smashified is just ****ing with us at this point
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I wonder if Kumatora has a thread. . .

I know I would have. I would have sold my fanbase out for Ridley Viridi and Wonder Red so fast I wouldnt have had time to sell them out for Dixie lol
"We are biased towards Mother, but you guys aren't voting for Mother characters enough. We want you guys to request more Mother characters now, so let us specifically ask you guys what Mother characters you want to be Smashified, so we have an excuse to make Smashified art of a ton of Mother characters."

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
She has one? Hm, why is it locked?
More than likely due to the whole thing regarding the initial roster reveal. Every thread was locked then until the Ballot became a thing I believe. Nobody went to ask the mods to reopen it since would be my guess.

Last edited:

Chrono.

More than likely due to the whole thing regarding the initial roster reveal. Every thread was locked then until the Ballot became a thing I believe. Nobody went to ask the mods to reopen it since would be my guess.
Not to mention any Mother character after Lucas would be considered a no-chance by now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why does Nickelodeon still let Dan Schneider make shows for them? He made a few pretty decent shows, but these last 5 have been ****.
There's a reason but I rather not tell you. Trust me on this one.

This is Awesome.
I nearly fell of my chair when I saw Luigi's font.
Where's my news about Mario & Sonic at Rio Guys.
This is great here.

Not to mention any Mother character after Lucas would be considered a no-chance by now.
Pretty much. I swear the Smashified has a Earthbound bias. One that isn't needed.

AT ALL.
#DixieGotScrewed

D

Deleted member

So that book was more than just stuff to feed fire?

He dumped you, he likes yaoi but not with traps
I call bull****
How can someone NOT like traps?
You like guys? Okay, there they are
You like gals? They look like them
Like both? It's the full package

Though I don't expect someone with flat out **** taste to understand :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I call bull****
How can someone NOT like traps?
You like guys? Okay, there they are
You like gals? They look like them
Like both? It's the full package

Though I don't expect someone with flat out **** taste to understand :p
The full "package" is what turns many guys off. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Look we all know he has a foot fetish by now.
Well crap. Everyone must now knows that he's been a borderline pedophiles that hasn't been caught yet.

Can someone stop him already.
After Isaac, which took forever, the hype really died down...

It stinks.
That and after Travis, how Shantae came out super ugly and fans didn't care about the Bomberman one, Smashified has lost that edge.

They were on the roll with Rayman, Banjo, Shovel Knight and I think K. Rool (which tried emulating Bowser too much) but after that, they just we'll start sucking

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pfft. Men. You guys always need to ooze testosterone but 'oh wait I see a penis' then you all start getting awkward
There's such a thing as too much testosterone.

Which is why we don't appreciate the package.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Pfft. Men. You guys always need to ooze testosterone but 'oh wait I see a penis' then you all start getting awkward
Let me clear here. I like girl that doesn't have an Adam's Apple and natural breast and hips.

Now there's nothing wrong with traps. If you like them that's you

Now Reverse Traps on the other hand, are miracles of the universe.

image.jpg

Especially :4lucina:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let me clear here. I like girl that doesn't have an Adam's Apple and natural breast and hips.

View attachment 73220
Admittedly, reverse traps are attractive in theory.

But in real life I'm not sure how it'd work.

D

Deleted member

Congratulations, you AREN'T dumb! Well, I guess transwomen would actually
I think it's common knowledge that women don't piss through their vaginas

View attachment 73220
The only reverse trap acceptable is Naoto
And I guess Ren but I believe that was just me being dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom