• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The guy who gave 400+ votes for Krystal in the Ultimate Ballot Poll is now sharing the Individual Character Poll on Twitter:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
WERE GOING TO GET SOME PRODUCTIVE RESULTS! :DD:DDD:DD:D:D:D

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
BW2 were released in October outside Japan though. Now, the main Pokémon games are released pretty much simultaneously worldwide. I still think it'd be during Fall because the VGC would still be using ORAS and Worlds usually occurs during July/August and I'm sure they wouldn't want to release a new game before Worlds.
That's outside of Japan and was a result of the localization process, that doesn't really change the point that Pokémon still can release in whatever season The Pokémon Company prefers. In fact, FRLG and Emerald were both released on the same year in Japan (Spring and Fall), so it's not like they have a set rule for the franchise.

As for your point, that either would be simply solved by just having the game release in Spring (still giving players a few months for prep) or just sticking to ORAS while they prep up in Z.

The guy who gave 400+ votes for Krystal in the Ultimate Ballot Poll is now sharing the Individual Character Poll on Twitter:
I wouldn't really call it productive if it is going to be horrendously skewed towards Krystal. Add to the fact that unlike the other poll this one isn't a bunch of separate polls so every other score maybe skewed as well :/

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I wouldn't really call it productive if it is going to be horrendously skewed towards Krystal. Add to the fact that unlike the other poll this one isn't a bunch of separate polls so every other score maybe skewed as well :/
Still, were getting a sense of what the casual votes votes on. It's some intriguing stuff.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Same issue with my poll. Woke up and had some 300 some votes for Krystal from the same user. Around 80 some for Ashley from the same person, and about 200 for Shantae.

I'd highly HIGHLY suggest you review those three characters votes for fraud as they usually get heavy amounts of them. Daisy got a small amount of fraud as well.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Still, were getting a sense of what the casual votes votes on. It's some intriguing stuff.
Ah, that reminds me. I remember back when the ballot was announced, Arin Hanson and Ross O'Donovan of Game Grumps fame pushed for people to vote for Shovel Knight for the ballot. I wonder if they have a lot of influence on the casual voter?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why Frog is awesome: reason #1:
Reason #2: the ending where he breaks into Magus' Castle by HIMSELF and defeats all of his henchmen, with a up to interpretation duel result
Reason #3: he sunmons a GIANT FROG for one of his skills
Reason #4: he has thy honor
Reason #5: he looks handsome in human form

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Ah, that reminds me. I remember back when the ballot was announced, Arin Hanson and Ross O'Donovan of Game Grumps fame pushed for people to vote for Shovel Knight for the ballot. I wonder if they have a lot of influence on the casual voter?
Jordan Sweeto also retweeted my Ultimate Smash Ballot poll, which caused a massive influx of votes for Krystal. I'm going to just take those votes out....

Here you guys go!

Perception of Smash DLC in Japan, Redux.

Chrono.

People are finding weird **** in the Mario Maker disc.

The big one being that it might've been Splatoon at one point.

D

Deleted member

Real talk tho, why does this game have such relatable characters?
Bertrand's favorite hobby is sleeping
Flavio is that one guy that ends up single when with a certain group of friends
And then Chloe is just perfect in every single way, possibly the most relatable character of all time in gaming history

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
14 mins until I drop the Japanese DLC post. I'm slowly posting the results on my Twitter. <3
>Dixie Kong's popularity dropped
image.jpg

At this point I'm breaking down here. I failed you Dixie. I failed you everyone. I've should done more.
EDIT BY PUSHDUSTIN: I'm sorry :(. Also, your image was too big. I'm double sorry for delivering bad news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Sweeto also retweeted my Ultimate Smash Ballot poll, which caused a massive influx of votes for Krystal. I'm going to just take those votes out....

Here you guys go!

How does Viewtiful Joe always wind up on a poll. Every. Single. One.
He just randonly shows up everywhere and I dont get it lol. I love the guy but his polling results are so strange for such a nobody :/

RIP dixie. I hoped you had a chance

WAIT HOLD UP VIRIDI TOP 50. WAT. PRAISE JESUS WE HAVE A FANBASE

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This thread has very low amount of people right now:
:troll:

Here you guys go!

Really liked the article! Things seems somewhat similar to our results, but alot of key differences is what I feel makes Japan unique.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How does Viewtiful Joe always wind up on a poll. Every. Single. One.
He just randonly shows up everywhere and I dont get it lol. I love the guy but his polling results are so strange for such a nobody :/

RIP dixie. I hoped you had a chance

WAIT HOLD UP VIRIDI TOP 50. WAT. PRAISE JESUS WE HAVE A FANBASE
Let it go Oni. Japan doesn't know any Viridi. Instead, they voted for Naturé

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Always like seeing Snake around the top 10. Shows he still has fans that support him. Also interesting to see where each character kinda stands. Especially Paper Mario! :)

It's definitely been said before, but the effort you and your team put into these @ PushDustIn PushDustIn is astounding. Keep it up!

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Man... SMM was only released a short while ago, yet there's a buttload of amazing stages already. That must either mean there are amazingly skilled people out there, or creating stages isn't that hard.

:007:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It said Roy got 2 more votes than last time, that's what confuses me
Sorry, that's the ranking change in the list. I'll make the clearer.

Did anyone so this cool video?

Glad to see that K.Rool do so well in Japan. Great article as always.
Always like seeing Snake around the top 10. Shows he still has fans that support him. Also interesting to see where each character kinda stands. Especially Paper Mario! :)

It's definitely been said before, but the effort you and your team put into these @ PushDustIn PushDustIn is astounding. Keep it up!
Thanks <333.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
14 mins until I drop the Japanese DLC post. I'm slowly posting the results on my Twitter. <3
.....I jsut oticed you indeed posted the reasults :)

So, what I can say is this: I feel these results are slightly more accurate than the previous one with choices like bk and inklings.

But all in all, it just doesn't change much for those that are usually requested (even paper mario got the EXACT same position that is actually a tie between 3 characters making him "kinda" on top 10).

So what I can say about them? The msot interesting aspect of these is that I don't have much to say. despite some characters getting more hype due to the ballot, it just doesn;t change the position of really requested one like kkr or even bdee at this point. This means that pretty much most of the polling I saw would be close in accuracy with the only major exception being that isaac is FAR mroe popular here and as well as SK, but tbh.....what can you do when the game isn;t even localised yet? That game is going to get it anyway so.....

With the ultimate poll coming which I am REALLY interested in it, I realised that altough the results are indeed very different from the usual, I still realised that some characters are THAT consistent in popu8lairty to not change much.

Which basically makes me wonder, is Sakurai looking for that? Say, if a character is popular for a certain period of time but will eventually drop off, would Sakurai pass and choose a character that has and still will be consistently popular?

Because don;t get me wrong, but I feel the qunatity aspect of the ballot is to test that as well as why people would want him which is still important. From a pure popularity perspective, I feel a consistent and requested character is better placed than a temporarily requested one.

Do you think the same push?

Would like to hear you on that :)

D

Deleted member

****, EPISODE 27 MADE ME CRY
SCREW STEVEN UNIVERSE
FIGHTING AND CRYING>>>>>>>>>SINGING AND CRYING
Man... SMM was only released a short while ago, yet there's a buttload of amazing stages already. That must either mean there are amazingly skilled people out there, or creating stages isn't that hard.

Because some people have the patience and creativity to make theor own levels
I wjsh I had that :'^)

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

It's a mix of both really. You don't need an overly complex editor to make great works with. Look at Minecraft.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
****, EPISODE 27 MADE ME CRY
SCREW STEVEN UNIVERSE
FIGHTING AND CRYING>>>>>>>>>SINGING AND CRYING

Because some people have the patience and creativity to make theor own levels
I wjsh I had that :'^)
I saw it yesterday and it's true that it's sad. I found 23 sadder tought, nearly cried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom