• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Trump and Palin should fuse and create a massive trainwreck.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Just caught up with the thread.

Pikmin 4 is so hype! Definitely wasn't expecting it to be confirmed this early.

Why didn't they show it at E3 though? If they had shown it there It would of saved E3 imo.

Also the possibility of my favorite game of all time getting another sequel on NX is also hype worthy! This weeks been great in terms of exiting news.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Bowser Jr.'s mom. That would certainly kill the stork talk we discussed. I'm intrigued.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also making satire of Sarah Palin has to be the easiest thing, because she's so dumb that you can fool anyone into believing what you're saying she said.

Short of her saying she wishes a whole group of people would just die, that woman could literally say any comment that satire site has claimed she's said.

Kind of lazy satire in all honesty.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we will know who Bowser jrs. mom is tomorrow.... This probably will end badly...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm in the boat that Bowser's actually asexual. It helps that Bowser. Jr is nearly identical to Baby Bowser.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Say what you will about Trump but he's got something none of the other nominees have, personality. An abrasive one but a personality nonetheless.

All that remains is to see if that helps or dooms his campaign. Certainly makes him the talking point of all this.

Though I would hate to be a voting American if the candidates end up being Trump and Hillary "I hate video games" Clinton. I'll stick to being a Brit.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Bowser himself confirmed that Peach wasn't the mother MANY years ago, so people sticking to that theory are weird. But knowing Miyamoto it's gonna turn out that way anyways.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I, too, caught up with this thread.

Pikmin 4, huh? Cool. I'm still not giving up hope for directs, I'm sure they'll find someone to fill in Iwata's shoes.

Also super Slowpoke here but I'mma give that top 10 Nintendo games thing a shot.

In no particular order:
1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (incl. 3D)
2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Kirby's Return to Dreamland
4. Xenoblade Chronicles
5. Super Mario Sunshine
6. Super Mario Galaxy 2
7. F-Zero GX
8. EarthBound
9. Fire Emblem Awakening
10. Super Smash Bros. (catch-all for all installments)

Honorable mentions: Kid Icarus Uprising, Mother 3, Kirby's Epic Yarn (yeah yeah I know >.> ), Metroid Prime trilogy, Ocarina of Time 3D, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Star Fox 64 (incl. 3D), Wind Waker (incl. HD), Donkey Kong Country Returns (3D) and Tropical Freeze

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I remember an official Nintendo comic in the UK said the mother of the Koopalings was named Clawdia but they since reconnected the Koppalings inot being like child prodigies that aren't related to Bowser or Jr.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Say what you will about Trump but he's got something none of the other nominees have, personality. An abrasive one but a personality nonetheless.

All that remains is to see if that helps or dooms his campaign. Certainly makes him the talking point of all this.

Though I would hate to be a voting American if the candidates end up being Trump and Hillary "I hate video games" Clinton. I'll stick to being a Brit.
it seems like sanders has a definite chance to become the democratic candidate
hilary's too far right for a lot of democrats

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No matter what Miyamoto reveals about Bowser Jr's mother tomorrow?

I'm still sticking to my head canon for the Koopa King's family situation.

The Koopalings are his dead beat brother's kids, Bowser being the real big softy bad guy he kind of is, took them and proceeded to be like ''You want to pester this Mario douche with me?!"

Meanwhile despite his proclivity for kidnapping Peach, he either has or had a wife at some point that was the mother of Jr, that the stork delivered Jr too. Whether they're together in my head is dependant on day, but either way I see her as the one in the scenario with more pants and if she was actually evil and fighting Mario stuff would get done, but alas she's not and she kind of gets both annoyed and turned on by Bowser's evil ways.

Basically it's Lrr and Ndnd in the Mushroom Kingdom but possibly divorced.

I had a great idea for a source gaming article. Could have made many articles out of it. Would have been great and far less bias and more concise than a "muh reps" article. And then I realize it is essentially what Liquid did for Metriod -_- Whelp.

Bwser Jr.s momma? As long as it isn't Peach (*cough* Sunshine ending *cough*) this will be fun to know as well as other myths.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Primaries are always an entertaining mess. Anyone remember the 2012 candidate who kept quoting Pokemon?

I have enough confidence for Americans to make a decent decision, it really shouldn't be that hard if it does indeed hypothetically come down to someone who hates video games and one who hates other races.

Regardless I live Michigan so it's not that hard to have Canada as a backup plan.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

Chrono.

Well I for one would like to see some light shed on the Boos.

Are they undead creatures? Are they just a species? Why are they so shy? Is there a Queen Boo?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Can I just remind everyone that, in Sunshine, Peach had to THINK about Bowser Jr being her kid?
She had to think about it.
"Mama...? Mama Peach? I'm your Mama?"
Like good gravy. The implications of that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

If it comes down to Trump vs Hillary I'm still voting for Sanders. :p

And then follow Tri to Canada if things go south.

It's also really sad when people take satirical pieces to heart...they're meant to just drive a point, not be outright believed.

Anyway, since it's been kind of a while since they were talked about or have shown up in leaks, what do you guys think of the Inklings' odds of getting in as DLC?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Miyamoto: So kids, you want to know who Bowser jr.''s mom is?

Well you see, one night after one of his many defeats, Bowser was feeling especially sad. So he gathered all of his remaining gold coins as well as his bowser troupe from Bowser's inside story, and they went "Clubbing" A few "1up Drinks" later and Bowser was met by a very seducing woman. They went back for a private tour of his castle and had a night to remember. Unfortunately not good one. . A few months later and there was a knock at Bowser's door there was a knock on bowser's castle door. It was the stork! He delivered an brand new baby! Attached to the baby was a note. It was from Lucile, the women he met many nights ago. The note said: " He's yours now, keep him".
And that kids is who Bowser's Jr.s Mother is!

seriously though, I think it should be really interesting and I can't wait for more facts

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aren't Peach and Bowser genetically incompatible?
To be fair, it's also the world where touching a certain mushroom/flower/other object can change your entire molecular make up in an instant. Who's to say there's not a "Bowser Flower" or something? :p

Though that's really squicky.

Chrono.

Anyway, since it's been kind of a while since they were talked about or have shown up in leaks, what do you guys think of the Inklings' odds of getting in as DLC?
I think they're pretty low/practically non-existant, the costumes and the trophy just strike me as a consolation prize.

Ultimately it was too early for them.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Can I just remind everyone that, in Sunshine, Peach had to THINK about Bowser Jr being her kid?
She had to think about it.
"Mama...? Mama Peach? I'm your Mama?"
Like good gravy. The implications of that.
To be fair, don't the babies in the Marioverse get delivered by Storks? At least according to the Yoshi's Island series....

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think they're pretty low/practically non-existant, the costumes and the trophy just strike me as a consolation prize.

Ultimately it was too early for them.
Even for post ballot? I know a LOT of people are voting for them.

...Plus, the costumes could have always been pre-ballot, since they didn't know if Splatoon would be the raging success that it is.

Just Devil's Advocating here. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Aren't Peach and Bowser genetically incompatible?
In the Mushroom Kingdom their are leaves that turn people into racoons, penguins, mushrooms that make them giant, flowers that grant them ice and fire abilities.

Clearly it's a very psychedelic trippy place. So uhm, why is a turtle dragon and a human princess really off limits?

My god, my favorite Nintendo series just made me say that.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Here's what I would enjoy, some reveal about Rosalina's heritage that takes a dump all over MatPat's silly ramblings.

It's a kids series, really doesn't have to make sense.
Are you saying Luigi never dated peach, even though it's been stated in many official games that he might have a thing for daisy?! Why, your crazy for just thinking that!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I believe so actually, based on Super Paper Mario. That's how they made the dark star, wasn't it?
I don't think genetics had anything to do with it, just the chaos of the idea of them getting married considering their relationship.
Also, Chaos Heart, not Dark Star =P

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think genetics had anything to do with it, just the chaos of the idea of them getting married considering their relationship.
Also, Chaos Heart, not Dark Star =P
That's right, I didn't think it was dark star either but I haven't played in awhile xD.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I bet all these "Mario myths" will be vague comments and we'll learn nothing new :rolleyes:

Wish to hear more backstory on the likes of Daisy and Waluigi though, they're still way too spin-offy characters to me.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Are you saying Luigi never dated peach, even though it's been stated in many official games that he might have a thing for daisy?! Why, your crazy for just thinking that!
Go back to your dreamy cloud. :cheep:

I think the Mii costume is a consolation prize because they likely won't.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
That doesn't matter.
What Sakurai said was "manga/anime characters will not be included". Segata Sanshiro is not a manga/anime character. He's a Sega mascot that starred in commercials and later had a game of his own and made a few more appearances in other Sega games.

However, until Project X Zone 2, none of his appearances were on Nintendo consoles (aside from the brief cameo in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed), which went against the "must have appeared on a Nintendo system" rule.
You mean Sakurai saying 3rd party characters must originate from a video game is misinformed BS?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Mario Myths or not I'm still sticking to the "It's all an act/play/story" and they just hang around and do parties

That and :4mario:&:4peach: aren't actually dating

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love the background story Waluigi had of just being some weirdo who showed up with some odd worship boner for Wario, so nobody knows who he is, he's just kind of the crazy Wario stalker that got involved.

I don't know. That just suits him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom