• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's had enough (AR users beware!)

D

Deleted member

Can AR set my EVs too? Because I am not going to ****ing train my pokemon for hours, while recording it on the notebook.
+
its pretty easy to ev train.

vs seeker those two rich people near mansion for 24000 dollars each and buy vitamins 100 ev points for ten

255-100= 155 left
power items + selected vs seeker spots + pokerus control

2(4 + 3 ) = 14 ev points per pokemon defeated
155/14= 11.07 pokemon battles
sounds easy to me

BusySlacker

Smash Rookie
I don't understand people who use Action Replay. Why buy a game, then beat it in 5 minutes? The point of the Pokemon games is to go through a lot of $#!t and feel like you've accomplished something, not to enter a code in a hacking device and click a button and be done with it. Where's the challenge in that? Hacking devices are for rookies, of which I don't think many of you are, and for incredibly difficult games, of which Pokemon is not.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I don't understand people who use Action Replay. Why buy a game, then beat it in 5 minutes? The point of the Pokemon games is to go through a lot of $#!t and feel like you've accomplished something, not to enter a code in a hacking device and click a button and be done with it. Where's the challenge in that? Hacking devices are for rookies, of which I don't think many of you are, and for incredibly difficult games, of which Pokemon is not.
Nice logic? Try to get a level 100 perfect IV shiny Jolteon. With the HP of your choice. You won't.

fluffy

Smash Champion
how about...beating the game 1st. THEN using action replay for like what Hydro Kirby said. You can also use AR for getting events to capture legendary pokemon you wouldnt normally be able to get. Having 999 battle points can also get you the EV boosting items for easier training, as well as the 1-step egg hatch that can save you a riduculous amount of time. There's so many effin things you can do with AR. And it only costs 20 bucks. Unless you're jew, why wouldn't you use AR? I've spent over 200 hours on my diamond game when I realized that AR was all that I needed.

BusySlacker

Smash Rookie
Anti-semitic slurs are not appreciated "fluffy" and I think most people can live with a normal Jolteon without perfect HP.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Anti-semitic slurs are not appreciated "fluffy" and I think most people can live with a normal Jolteon without perfect HP.
yea i apologize for that. i didnt really notice what i was typing. i blame south park

and of course most people can live with a normal Jolteon without perfect HP. AR can do alot more, for a lot of other games

A-Laon

Smash Master
Spending hundreds of hours to build a competitive team isn't "fun" or "challenging" to everyone. For (I dare to say) most people, this is just a pointless burden. The real fun and challenge in the game is in seeing how the teams you built and the strategies you used hold up against others in battle. Using AR isn't ruining anything -- it's getting you to the real meat of the game much, much faster.

You can spend 400 hours locating the ideal pokemon with the optimal natures and abilities, EV training without Braces or PKRS, lethargically running around and using earthquake on wild Rhydons til you're lvl 100, and sniffing out all the TMs you need, OR you can spend 10 minutes and have the exact same team, already prepared for battling. Personally, I'd like to just get to the battling... wouldn't you?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I just like this game for the battling. Im not interested in training and breeding pokemon. It takes so long. And the game is so slow, I wish D/P had faster battle animations like FR/LG. Training and Breeding just seems like a chore to me. And its not like I'll be satisfied once they reach level 100, they might not have the stats I want or natures. And Nintendo should make an EV screen on the pokemons profile, so trainers can keep track of how much EV points they have allocated into each stat. It would definitly be helpful, and they should of already added that feature in with a bunch of pokemon games that have came out, they should of figured that out along time ago. Im glad I have an AR. :)

BusySlacker

Smash Rookie
I mainly don't do any competitive battling because there are rarely any tournaments near me or around my area, nor do I have a reliable means of transportation. I've been playing the games since Yellow came out and there aren't that many people to battle with. The people I do battle aren't very good, so I usually win all of my local matches. I've never needed perfect Pokemon, so in turn, I've never needed an Action Replay, or wanted one. I NetBattle occasionally, and I do pretty good.

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
Using AR gets you there faster.....which means cheating, and cheating inst allowed. Training is the most challenging part. without it this game would be broken. Like you cheaters are making it. If u beat someone with your hacked pokemon you are by no means "good" in any way shape or form. Every pokemon will always have the same move set so what strategy??? i.e. Salamence will always DD then DC. if you dont do that with salamence your just cutting your self short because that is the best possible strat. Any other strat you concoct will be inferior. So you get your hacked pkmn n beat someone by pressing a button. ill give my 3 yrs old sis the game tell her to press the button with "A" on it so she EQs with t-tar. Its not hard........ sure it takes skill as far as prediction wise and everything, this game takes skill, but your putting yourself on a skill level that you really arent suppose to be on . Those who contradict me ....Would would it be banned if it wasn't cheap and took no skill??

Hope you feel good about yourselves.

fluffy

Smash Champion
cheating should not be tolerated. i agree.

but in reality, using AR is better than finding the right dynamic values and training them.

the chance of getting the right individual value is about 1 out of 30 chance. higher individual values relfect better quality of pokemon and provide the most influential value to obtaining higher statistics. multiplying that by the chance to get the right gender, nature, hidden power, etc would be time consuming and nerve-racking.

if you do hatch the right pokemon, next comes training the effort values. without pokerus and the power braces, this would take another chunk of your time away. but then again...getting pokerus is almost as rare as encountering a legit shiny pokemon and getting the power braces will mean that you have to fight the battle tower till you get 16 battle points for each one.

then comes challenging the elite 4 over and over and over again to get your pokemon to level to 100. nice way to waste my life away. of course, some people dont care about leveling to 100, but thats because youre novices who only play with friends around your area. of maybe alone. either way, theyll never know the meaning of competitive gaming that way.

so you see.....AR can save people A LOT of time. and by cutting down the time you would normally spend to go up and down solaceon town to talk to the old man with your egg, you can use it to discover more possible move sets and strategy. all the other wasteful stuff in the game such as challenging Cynthia tens and thousands of times, are there to get people hooked in the game. like....buying ruby/sapphire/emerald/firered/leafgreen to get some things diamond and pearl can't offer.

in reality, 'cheating' can be used to some extent. leave some of your pride behind and let AR improve your life.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
I AR to get my pokemon, since I have a GBA AR I just transfer them over from my Leaf green. You catch what you want, EV train it there, transfer it over...go online...own some 4 year old all in about 3 hours...

BusySlacker

Smash Rookie
We will always be divided... those who enjoy a good challenge and a sense of accomplishment against those who opt for the easier, and more frequently traveled path. I am glad to belong to the former.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Yes, its cheating. But I rather cheat in a game, than cheat my life away spending time getting my team up to level 100. There are other teams I would like to train for fun. Like having a bug themed team, or a ghost themed team. Without an AR for this game, you wont be able to get what you want, or you wouldnt be able to train all the pokemon you wanted to use for specialized teams. I like training though, until I finish beating the Elite 4. Then it gets very repetitive. But I respect your opinion, I also respect the hackers too, as long as they use pokemon with legitimate moves and stats which I do.

D

Deleted member

4 fo sho: don't be naive, nintendo banned hacking for it's journey across america tournaments last summer, and I know more than half of the people that won used gameshark.

99% of people that hack suck @ pokemon and give themselves inferior teams, and of those in the 1% that don't suck, appx 25% actually know how to use the broken team they've hacked. I don't care if ppl use hacked teams vs me as long as their combinations are legal.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
cheaters are nothing but scum, to play pokemon you should earn it by training and breeding... if you use AR, its no fun because you create the perfect team instantly, sure its much faster, but it takes away the victory feeling you get after a battle...
if you cheat you are just a failure and a loser...

drcossack

Smash Ace
4 fo sho: don't be naive, nintendo banned hacking for it's journey across america tournaments last summer, and I know more than half of the people that won used gameshark.

99% of people that hack suck @ pokemon and give themselves inferior teams, and of those in the 1% that don't suck, appx 25% actually know how to use the broken team they've hacked. I don't care if ppl use hacked teams vs me as long as their combinations are legal.
First part - true. There were tournaments years ago (the R/B/Y days; I went to a few); I actually spent the ride down to the tourney catching Pokemon, buying assloads of Rare Candies and Vitamins, and buying whatever TM's I could think of (If I had thought about using move modifier codes, I would've, but a Mew or Moltres in RBY with Flamethrower probably would've set off red flags.) Yes, I did end up winning. Yes, I cheated, but I'm sure a lot of people there did back then; in fact, one girl absolutely destroyed my Mewtwo...with a friggin' Venusaur. If that didn't have haxxed stats, I'd like to know how it survived a Psychic...

I don't mind hacked teams either, as long as they have legal movesets and stats. Having high-end Pokemon/Pokemon with excellent stats doesn't mean you know how to use them properly.

That said, I absolutely don't want to face an Exploding Arceus or a Ninjask that Baton Passes into a CBMence with Outrage.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
cheaters are nothing but scum, to play pokemon you should earn it by training and breeding... if you use AR, its no fun because you create the perfect team instantly, sure its much faster, but it takes away the victory feeling you get after a battle...
That is entirly an opinion...
I have to much of a life to get all the ones I want, the best I can. I AR to obtain and make it easier to EV train. Nothing more...

fluffy

Smash Champion
99% of people that hack suck @ pokemon and give themselves inferior teams, and of those in the 1% that don't suck, appx 25% actually know how to use the broken team they've hacked.
that statement is definitely inaccurate and incorrect.

That is entirly an opinion...
I have to much of a life to get all the ones I want, the best I can. I AR to obtain and make it easier to EV train. Nothing more...
i use AR for the same purpose. the items may be 'hacked' but the pokemon isn't. the pokemon will be perfectly legit. it's like breeding from a hacked pokemon. the newborn will be completely legit.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Wait, got a question, if you were able to AR the move relearner's choice of attacks to things like Hydro Cannon on a Jolteon, would that be considered Hacking? Because, you're not hacking the pokemon in any way, just what moves are tutored.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
lol, i think most hackers is like those using Úbers they don´t know how to play the game since they cheated once, they will do it again, and using hacks is like using sandbag in SSBM, jump 2 times and the game freeze, totally gamebreaking, even when I´ve won against users with Wonder Guard bellydrumpass spiritomb and spore electrode with more.
Ore more it´s like using AR for all those techniques in SSBM Modding your controller, is that considered fair at tournaments in the US?

D

Deleted member

I wish I had AR at this point.

edit: I use spore electrode on my RBY team which was done in a perfectly legit fashion.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Using AR gets you there faster.....which means cheating, and cheating inst allowed. Training is the most challenging part. without it this game would be broken. Like you cheaters are making it. If u beat someone with your hacked pokemon you are by no means "good" in any way shape or form. Every pokemon will always have the same move set so what strategy??? i.e. Salamence will always DD then DC. if you dont do that with salamence your just cutting your self short because that is the best possible strat. Any other strat you concoct will be inferior. So you get your hacked pkmn n beat someone by pressing a button. ill give my 3 yrs old sis the game tell her to press the button with "A" on it so she EQs with t-tar. Its not hard........ sure it takes skill as far as prediction wise and everything, this game takes skill, but your putting yourself on a skill level that you really arent suppose to be on . Those who contradict me ....Would would it be banned if it wasn't cheap and took no skill??

Would you care to explain how simply spending a ****load of time and energy lethargically catching / breeding the same Pokemon over and over again until out of luck you finally at some point just happen to obtain the ideal one is "skill" and not just "time"?

Would you also please provide me the proof that every single Pokemon is equipped and used exactly the same way?

And for the record, your whole "having your little sister press A" example was totally irrelevant and did absolutely nothing to prove a lack of strategy in the game -- you only proved that you don't need to know how to press a lot of buttons. Have your little sister beat a high-ranking player's team without any guidance, and then your example will actually be relevant to the level of strategy in Pokemon... not button presses.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
1. Nintendo doesn't ban people through friend code, they ban through MAC address.
2. Then nintendo finds hack pokemon, they turn it into a bad egg - a completely worthless egg you can't hatch
3. You are all morons.
[/endthread]

titus

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if the answers to my questions have been posted yet, but w/e.

1) what exactly do you have to do to get yourself banned?
2) Has anyone ever seen proof of someone getting banned?
3) What happens if you are benned? -stupid question, i know.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
What's this about pokemon being turned into an egg? Please don't spread rumors without any proof(yes I do realize the slight irony).

Debated AR use is perefectly fine just don't get out of hand.

drcossack

Smash Ace
What's this about pokemon being turned into an egg? Please don't spread rumors without any proof(yes I do realize the slight irony).

Debated AR use is perefectly fine just don't get out of hand.
From what I understand, any Pokemon who exceed the max allowed stats are turned into bad eggs. Not sure if that applies to Pokemon with illegal movesets.

I have no access to a Wii, so don't take my word for it.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
It doesn't happen with movesets.
those eggs can't be traded, released, hatched, etc, you have to either erase them with AR or some other cheating device.
google search it.
i dont know if the answers to my questions have been posted yet, but w/e.

1) what exactly do you have to do to get yourself banned?
2) Has anyone ever seen proof of someone getting banned?
3) What happens if you are benned? -stupid question, i know.
1. In metroid prime hunters, if you root the leaderboard, you get banned, basically if you get caught cheating by the wrong person
2.Yes! there is many people banned from wifi, but that's mostly on metroid.
3. If you are banned, it depends. it can be a hour ban, week, permaban.

What ever you do, don't use the "Unban" code, what is actually is, it's a code that erases the firmware from your DS, bricking it.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Training is the most challenging part. without it this game would be broken. Like you cheaters are making it. If u beat someone with your hacked pokemon you are by no means "good" in any way shape or form.
Please explain how repetitive battling of level 2 starlys make you "good" at this game. Some guy above said it perfectly. All it is is time consuming.

Battling is all about the team combinations and movesets. You have to be good to think of which pokemon and moves your team should have, and AR will NEVER take away from that.
Every pokemon will always have the same move set so what strategy??? i.e. Salamence will always DD then DC. if you dont do that with salamence your just cutting your self short because that is the best possible strat. Any other strat you concoct will be inferior. So you get your hacked pkmn n beat someone by pressing a button.
I have no idea where to even begin with this little statement of yours. It's wrong in so many areas.
First off, this is what I meant when I said a good trainer would know what movesets to pick for his pokemon. This whole "DD then DC" arguement of yours is absolutely terrible because that combo wouldn't work in every single situation.
Secondly, what the heck? You make it seem like getting these moves on your Salamence takes a rediculous amount of skill and brain power. It really doesn't if you know what you're doing. Heck, just look up how to breed the moves on the internet. Your argument only shows your own noobishness at the game.
Lastly, if it was the best combination, people would use it regardless of "OH MY GOSH! AR Hacks!". Would that legit people who use this combination "cheap"?
ill give my 3 yrs old sis the game tell her to press the button with "A" on it so she EQs with t-tar. Its not hard........ sure it takes skill as far as prediction wise and everything, this game takes skill, but your putting yourself on a skill level that you really arent suppose to be on . Those who contradict me ....Would would it be banned if it wasn't cheap and took no skill??
lol because Earthquake=autowin, doesn't it?

No, it's banned because Nintendo doesn't know squat about competitive battling. I remember one of their previous tournaments where their rules were completely pathetic. >_> Legendaries, no held items...
Yes, I do.
I dont get any felings of happiness and accomplishment when I press the up and down buttons for hours to get a stupid pokemon. If you want to do so, go ahead, but why make everyone else do a rediculous chore and insult them when no one else likes it?

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Im happy to save precious time with my AR. :)
quoted for truth...

and besides in my book there is a limit on how far you should hack. Pretty much, if PBR bans it, then you're going to far, or you need to re work it a little.

I'm going to come out and say it, again... I hacked my legendaries, I hacked the masterballs to catch them AND the rare candies to get them to level 99, then I hacked the pokemon to generate the proper EVs and hell, even some of the TM's I use to teach these moves to them are hacked, but exclusing the EV training I got everything I needed in about 45 minutes, then the EV training took like 4 hours (macho brace and no pkrs)...

but I'm also trying to move out of my apartment, I did have a GF at the time, a job working night shift, another job working day shift, oh and did I mention I had a GF at the time? If you want to waste your life away just to say you're "fair"... then I'm going have so much more money than you when I get out of college :D

drcossack

Smash Ace
quoted for truth...

and besides in my book there is a limit on how far you should hack. Pretty much, if PBR bans it, then you're going to far, or you need to re work it a little.

I'm going to come out and say it, again... I hacked my legendaries, I hacked the masterballs to catch them AND the rare candies to get them to level 99, then I hacked the pokemon to generate the proper EVs and hell, even some of the TM's I use to teach these moves to them are hacked, but exclusing the EV training I got everything I needed in about 45 minutes, then the EV training took like 4 hours (macho brace and no pkrs)...
QFT.

Hacking items to catch Pokemon, level pokemon, give them movesets, and speed up EV training (Vitamins) = 30 seconds.
EV training afterwards = 30 minutes - 1 hour.

The only breeding I've done for competitive battling on Diamond has been my SpecsMence - I had to get Hydro Pump on it, so I needed a Gyarados.

I tried to get an Outrage Gible with perfect IV's; I got the Outrage, but not the IV's; fortunately, he hatched as a shiny, so I kept him anyway.

Top Bottom