• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
:/ I can see where this is going.
I'm only just giving the series more attention.
I guess having Takamaru in there wouldn't be so bad, though what kind of role (storywise) would he have in the game?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
:/ I can see where this is going.
I'm only just giving the series more attention.
I guess having Takamaru in there wouldn't be so bad, though what kind of role (storywise) would he have in the game?

Possibly as a visitor who was sent to another dimension (Hyrule) to join forces with the Hyrule army, similar to how things went in Samurai Warriors 3 minus Murasame and his 5 castles.

Off topic, say hello to my finest work of the lone warrior.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After seeing Rosalina in action and how she was addition for uniqueness, I would ask you guys what type of uniqueness may Takamaru himself have other than the fact that he wields a Japanese sword and has a Japanese two handed fighting style? How would he be actually different compared to the current swordsmen in the other roster to make the "too many swordsman" crowd warm up to his addition?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well the only things that add to him is Japanese culture-based attacks such as the fast samurai sword and shurikens. (Fireballs too but they are not Japanese based) There's not much to Takamaru after that. Maybe use flower blooms in his moveset?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The die-hard "too many swordsmen" crowd won't be appeased no matter how diverse or unique a character is as long as they use a sword and the rest will warm up to him the same way people warm up to every newcomer anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well the only things that add to him is Japanese culture-based attacks such as the fast samurai sword and shurikens. (Fireballs too but they are not Japanese based) There's not much to Takamaru after that. Maybe use flower blooms in his moveset?
I guess that would be the only option, unless they reflect more on his defensive options like counters (though it would be more fitting for Little Mac) and some non-broken reflection maneuvers. The flower blooms does seem like a great idea to establish more on his Japanese-exclusive status. In the end, it depends on how Sakurai himself would take care of the issue. He could make him an anti-Link in terms of better stats and techniques.

The die-hard "too many swordsmen" crowd won't be appeased no matter how diverse or unique a character is as long as they use a sword and the rest will warm up to him the same way people warm up to every newcomer anyway.
Good point, N3ON. Same goes for the Wii Fit Trainer situation back in E3.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, people seemingly have the need to justify any addition Sakurai might make as a good decision (for the most part), so if unorthodox and controversial characters like WFT can be fully embraced, characters that people actually want to see and "make sense" in Smash like Takamaru will have no problem. Ofc you can't please everyone, but I don't really see much objection coming along with Takamaru's reveal, even if he will use a sword. At least it'll be different from the existing swords, with a different style of using it.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Takamaru would be really different compared to the others. He is a samurai, after all, so he'd bring in some good ol' Japanese flavor to the sword fighting.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
IIRC, he can also turn invisible, and summon thunderbolts. In samurai warriors 3 he can summon a fire tornado too :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
IIRC, he can also turn invisible, and summon thunderbolts. In Samurai Warriors 3,he can summon a fire tornado too :)

Not to mention his connection to animals/nature in that same game like being able to ride a hawk, horse or bear.

D

Deleted member

....pretty sure riding animals are a staple of the Warriors games anyway.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't be surprised if he emphasized a falcon theme, as a play on his own name.
For example, his entrance animation having him dropping from the sky from a large falcon. Maybe having some of his attacks depicting feathers as a special effect.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wouldn't be surprised if he emphasized a falcon theme, as a play on his own name.
For example, his entrance animation having him dropping from the sky from a large falcon. Maybe having some of his attacks depicting feathers as a special effect.

Takamaru = Hawk Warrior or Hawk Samurai. It all makes sense and could explain why one of the scrolls in Nintendo Land was called "Hawkeye".

LF2K

Floor Diver
What if they got whoever voices Captain Falcon to voice Takamaru? :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They'll probably get Marth speaking English and keep Takamaru as the token Japanese-speaker. With his own VA preferably, Captain Falcon is Captain Falcon, he shouldn't have to share. :awesome:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
....pretty sure riding animals are a staple of the Warriors games anyway.
While the bear riding mechanic has become a stable animal mount in the Warriors series, it was first introduced in Samurai Warriors 3 as an exclusive mount to one of Takamarus stages in Murasame Castle Mode, as part of the story for that stage. The only way you could unlock the bear mount for the rest of the game, is by completing one of Takamarus special mission stages in the mode.

And while the Bear Mount is an item you can get in any game since, so far the bears appearance in Murasame Castle mode is the only time the bear is acknowledged by the character riding it. It was introduced too the Warriors franchise because of Takamaru, so it has a connection too him in this appearance.

As a result, Nintendo could incorporate a grizzly bear with Takamaru in some way, should he a, like a noble battle companion or something, for Takamaru.

D

Deleted member

Huh, the more you learn.....

So Takamaru is some sort of Beastmaster? Interesting.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if mentioned before, but I do think him having a minigame in Nintendoland is a giant leap in recognition for him

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did Takamaru himself actually appear in the game? From the beginning to end of my playthrough, I don't think I saw him.
You dress up in a Takamaru outfit momentarily soon as you chose the Mii wanted before you start playing Takamaru's Ninja Castle.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I guess that counts. I'm kinda glad the franchise is getting more recognition. What do you think we'll get in a future Muramase game?

Open worlds, but more fast paced action. The addition of new weapons, new characters for a new storyline, new enemies like certain yokai or Japanese soldiers, and an extremely hard story mode the option to choose a hard mode after beating the game once. Lastly, give the Castle Lords some character and better designs instead of Tecmo Koei's rendition.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Takamaru = Hawk Warrior or Hawk Samurai. It all makes sense and could explain why one of the scrolls in Nintendo Land was called "Hawkeye".
Actually in Nintendo Land it was refereed to as Falcon Eye.

Technically speaking in Japanese, the word "Taka" can either mean "hawk" or "falcon" depending on the translation, hence why both are used for the character with motifs.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Whoa, somebody should totally make a 2P!Takamaru, having a personality that's basically the opposite of how Takamaru is portrayed, and ultimately being much darker... Ah, never mind, I'm talking nonsense again.

Oh, I just remembered I have this fanart of Takamaru saved but I don't even remember where and how I got it. :(

Omg kawaii desu~ :awesome:

Oh, I don't think I've posted this here before (but I know I did in the Smash 4 Music thread). I've found some arrangements of the Nazo no Murasamejo themes done by various groups/composers (for cassettes and albums) that I like. Might as well post them:

- Fun House
- Mario Freaks Orchestra
- Akihabara Electric Circus
- Yack

totally not obsessed

But I do think both themes are nice. I hope at least the one in Brawl (Douchuumen) returns whether we get a Nazo no Murasamejo stage or not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Whoa, somebody should totally make a 2P!Takamaru, having a personality that's basically the opposite of how Takamaru is portrayed, and ultimately being much darker... Ah, never mind, I'm talking nonsense again.

Oh, I just remembered I have this fanart of Takamaru saved but I don't even remember where and how I got it. :(

Omg kawaii desu~ :awesome:

Oh, I don't think I've posted this here before (but I know I did in the Smash 4 Music thread). I've found some arrangements of the Nazo no Murasamejo themes done by various groups/composers (for cassettes and albums) that I like. Might as well post them:

- Fun House
- Mario Freaks Orchestra
- Akihabara Electric Circus
- Yack

totally not obsessed

But I do think both themes are nice. I hope at least the one in Brawl (Douchuumen) returns whether we get a Nazo no Murasamejo stage or not.

I remember that one image from Photobucket. Yeah, the remixes are so addictive and makes me wonder how Sakurai would handle the actual Nazo no Murasame-Jo soundtrack in-game. March just hurry up already!

So, would that make Takamaru's possible dark doppelganger Karasumaru? Karasu meaning "crow" or "raven". :p
Kuromaru (Dark Warrior) is so much more enjoyable. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I thought I told you to never say "Kuromaru" again.

Do you not understand why?

*reads above*
K-kar....

Karas?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sorry to ask but can anyone make me one of those Takamaru icons in the same style as the flashing ones in my signature?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Someone must have been a huge fan of Nazo no Murasame-Jo to make this masterpiece. Too bad a few English speakers on DeviantArt recognized this. Just imagine how huge his fanbase would boost if he was added in Smash and/or had a revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom