• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Unveils New Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero DLC For Mario Kart 8!

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Are. You. KIDDING ME?
This is freakin' amazing. And now I must ask... Where's my Samus DLC?

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Kinda dissapointed with the inclusion of Cat Mario and Cat Peach, like, will they take up a spot on the character select screen or be alternate costumes? Surprised they didn't throw in Green Bronze Luigi XD.

Link's look in this game really fits the Mario asthetic.
Am I the only person who thinks they should've used his ALBW character model instead?

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Mario & Nintendo All Star Racing Transformed CONFIRMED!!!

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
. . . .
THE BLUE FALCON? :4falcon: is being praised as we speak. I will most definitely be using that kart hands down 24/7. Sorry Green Yoshi on Green Yoshi Bike on Green Yoshi Egg wheels, you better make way!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Animal Crossing and an Animal Crossing level?! Wow! I'm totally getting that DLC!

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I honestly thought that this was smash when I first saw the heading and I was all like, holy crap, smash dlc, I guess that leaker was right.

Then it was MK8 and I was all like, oh I guess that's cool

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Warning Received
Wow...this is certainly the most hypeful two days. First we get video leaks for Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Ganondorf. Then we got a small trailer for Pokken Tournament. And now, ohhhh now, we have perhaps the most beautiful dlc packs ever conceived. Did I die and go to hype heaven?
You suck. I was seriously trying to avoid spoilers as to who was in that leaker's video. I know it was big news, but smashboards announced it as a major spoiler, common courtesy would be for you (and for whoever else decided to do something like this, cause I'm done reading comments because of this) could possibly put the spoiler tag over it?

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
This.....is.....AWESOME! Link and villager in Mario kart! Hype is real

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This would be a perfect opportunity to add Kirby and maybe some of the Air Rides.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
You suck. I was seriously trying to avoid spoilers as to who was in that leaker's video. I know it was big news, but smashboards announced it as a major spoiler, common courtesy would be for you (and for whoever else decided to do something like this, cause I'm done reading comments because of this) could possibly put the spoiler tag over it?
I don't know how you were planning to avoid spoilers between the day of the leak til October release if you use the internet. Plus Japan gets the game in about 2 weeks so why fight it?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Still no Diddy or Bowser Jr. Looks like Sakurai directed this game too seeing as it's full of clones and doesn't have the characters people have been requesting.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So, they'll add in Alt versions of Mario and Peach, add Koopalings and take out other, more loved characters like Diddy and Bowser Jr, and they're adding characters from other game universes now...done with this.
Every party needs a pooper! Oh, BTW, Diddy Kong's not a Mario character :) So there's your 'adding characters from other game universes' complaint.

THIS. IS. AMAZING...I didn't expect something this good! Villager, Link and Waifu Isabelle!? Holy ****! And Wario's Gold Mine, one of the best Wario tracks, the hype train has left the station!
YO this totally fixes the problems I had with the game's lack of "good courses" and characters!

Link on a Motorcycle, can I get that in a main Zelda game pls
Are you serious? Mario Kart Stadium, Sweet Sweet Mountain, Mario Circuit, Rainbow Road 8, Mount Wario, Bowser's Castle, Dry Dry Dunes, Cloudtop Cruise...Mario Kart 8 has one of the best track selections in the Mario Kart series.
If you where a real Zelda fan, you would know that's not the hero of time
Uh, he looks like a mix between SS Link and OoT Link and last time I checked, OoT Link was the Hero Of Time.

Last edited:

MaxTheDawg

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaxTheDawg
3DS FC
2938-6945-5553
I'm curious if the 2 cups that each pack come with is a mix of retro and new courses. Either way buying it day 1 lol

Xmark

Smash Apprentice
So when is Kirby, Falcon and Fox going to be confirmed?
I want and Arwing kart, warp star kart, dragoon kart, and other ramdom kart. As for stages... DK Summit, Baby Park, Mushroom City, Mushroom Bridge, Luigi Circuit (wii), Koopa Cape, Wario Stadium, and Moo Moo Farm.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Mario and Peach effectively take up 8 slots in the roster, way to go guys, the roster diversity is amazing 8/10 needs more Koopas.

On a serious note, I am legitimately hyped for the F-Zero, Zelda and Excitebike content.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Oh, think this will pop up in the next direct? Cant wait!

Balmora

Smash Rookie
For now on they should call the series "Nintendo Kart" and include content from a variety of Nintendo games (like Smash Bros). I wouldn't have any objections.

D

Deleted member

Well, if this sells well enough, Nintendo might release more non-Mario characters, such as Kirby, in the game, which would be awesome. F-Zero stage? 10/10.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482

Is that a black yoshi I see???? and please give us a white yoshi

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It was only a question about time as of when more Nintendo Chars were to be introduced on the Racing Track... No C.Falcon, though? :/

Jecux

Smash Cadet
I'm so glad that Dry Bowser made a comeback, easily one of my favourite Mario Kart characters in the whole series.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Every party needs a pooper! Oh, BTW, Diddy Kong's not a Mario character :) So there's your 'adding characters from other game universes' complaint.
True, but while he isn't, he's usually there in the spinoffs/sports games like DK. I know DK's far more relevant to the Mario series than Diddy is and spin offs aren't canon etc, but it's not like he's been out of place this whole time either.
I'm in no way trying to rain on anyones parade by complaining or stating how I feel about this D: And I'm happy for everyone who can appreciate this, it's just going to take me a bit to accept it I suppose.

Top Bottom