• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Revival Thread.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Ok as official nintendo fanboys/Girls also, we must take time to look back upon the empire and franchise of nintendo in its history. And look at the games that made us sink into nintendo's palm of glory.
So whilst looking back, what game series of franchise would you like to see revived on the wii on DS. Super mario Galaxy was awesome and one of the best comebacks Nintendo have ever created, but now after its recent success what game era do you want to be reborn?
I personally would love to see another starfox game. No nintendo not starfox adventures, and **** SURE AS HELL not command.
Just a brilliant starfox game would do us good.
What game Franchise do you want to see and excellent comeback just as Super Mario Galaxy did?
Tell me.

Evee

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see another good Zelda game, in the same vein as Link to the Past or Minish Cap (I'm sorry, I didn't like playing Ocarina of Time a second time, only I had to pay another $50 and play it with a Wiimote).

In all honestly though, NoA just needs to wise up and release Mother 3 stateside, it's a shame they won't, but at the same time it doesn't matter for those who know about the project going on.

Also Punchout for the Wii please. PLEASE.

S3rious

Smash Cadet
Ooooooooooooo..... Very Very tricky, I would love to see a starfox game but at the top of my list would be, either A New Kirby Game because there excellent and Anothjer pikmin game, funny and addictive.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I'd like to see another good Zelda game, in the same vein as Link to the Past or Minish Cap (I'm sorry, I didn't like playing Ocarina of Time a second time, only I had to pay another $50 and play it with a Wiimote).

In all honestly though, NoA just needs to wise up and release Mother 3 stateside, it's a shame they won't, but at the same time it doesn't matter for those who know about the project going on.

Also Punchout for the Wii please. PLEASE.
Yep i would want another Zelda game although i completed twilight princess i think it is by far overrated. I personally have never played a mother game so i cant really comment there. But another Jet set Radio game would be choice, although its third party.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Im sure it will hopefully the wii remote wont be overused and if they make a sequel i hope the storyline will include more depth than just graffitt

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I would actually count Phantom Hourglass as the latest good Zelda game. I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was, and I kept playing it after I beat it. It could've used a bit more to it, but I still loved it.

A good Starfox game is the only thing I can think of that Nintendo should do. Why do they keep serving us crap SF? =< I actually enjoyed Command a great deal. I was surprised. But that's only half a Starfox game.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Agreed, Earthbound was one of my favorite games ever, I'm just glad I have the project to look forward to.

Speaking of awesome SNES games, I'd really love to see another Fire Emblem. No people, I'm not talking about the dumbed down versions they have released in the US, I'm talking about the Japanese-only games, they were much better.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Or maybe another Pilotwings game, man i dont know if im the only one that played it on N64 but it was awesome, and another Jet force gemini

Evee

Smash Rookie
Or maybe another Pilotwings game, man i dont know if im the only one that played it on N64 but it was awesome, and another Jet force gemini
Oh God yes please another Pilotwings AND JFG. I would love to skydive out of a plane as Goose on the Wii or blow apart innocent bear-like creatures just to see what color blood flows out again.

Nostalgia...

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Oh God yes please another Pilotwings AND JFG. I would love to skydive out of a plane as Goose on the Wii or blow apart innocent bear-like creatures just to see what color blood flows out again.

Nostalgia...
See Nintendo have excellent history, it would be a shame if they were to just throw it all away.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Perhaps games that aren't rehashes, uses the Wiimote as a crutch, or just simply mini-game collections.

Out of the 8 Wii Titles I own, Resident Evil 4 (a rehash) is the only one I am enjoying thoroughly. Brawl is pretty good, but it gets old with no one I really want to play save for a few people online, and Mario Galaxy is extremely too linear for my liking. Overall, I want games that are actually fun to play.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
uGH. imo super mario galaxy was really overrated i mean it was really good. but so overrated.
Most wii games are ruined by the usage of the wiiremote, i mean gaves like FIFA08 were just terrible or Ninjabread man.
Nintendo need to be consistent and keep hitting us with big titles even if it means bringing back the old to be better not, (Shake the wii remote) everyday.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The problem I have with the WiiMote's usage is that it's all the console hinges on for some games. Most of my friends find it a lot of fun for about a game or two, but after that, we usually migrate to the Playstation. In fact, at least 3 of my friends who REALLY wanted to play a Wii, lost complete interest when there was nothing like PS3's Pain or Rock Band. I guess that kinda disproves it's non-gamer target.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I also think it depends on what your basically into, If your A loyal Nintendo fanboy or a casual gamer than the wii and wiiremote are for you i think it kind of deters the gameplay of games that have the potential to be classics, But then again Nintendo have rarely let us down before and sooner or later when they release their huge titles (Mario Kart wii, Animal Crossing wii) Then the wiiremote and problems as such will fade of into the distance.
Bringing back classsics may change the main point of attraction from the wii remote to the game itself Bringing smiles to faces. :)

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
I would love for Mother 3 to be released here and
A Jet Force Gemini Sequel
I spent HOURS with that game

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I don't understand where all of this hate for Twilight Princess is coming from. Just because you play as an older Link and the graphics aren't cartoony does not mean that its trying to be Ocarina.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't understand where all of this hate for Twilight Princess is coming from. Just because you play as an older Link and the graphics aren't cartoony does not mean that its trying to be Ocarina.
What? can you make a quote so i understand where your coming from?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
That's funny, when Wind Waker was released, everyone was complaining about the exact opposite things. It turned out to be one of the best in the series too.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well, to me TP seemed like it was trying really hard to be epic and have a ton of **** in it, but then they didn't make much use of all this stuff they added in. A lot of items seemed to only have use either in the dungeon you acquired it in, or once, maybe twice outside of said dungeon. Then side mini games weren't prevalent or good enough, imo. After I beat the game, I had no real want to collect everything. I haven't been back to play the game a second time, so I don't know if my original impressions were skewed by hype or not. A lot of people call it Ocarina 2.0 because it seemed like the game was just trying to copy Ocarina without bringing anything really new or innovative to the table. To me, the only temple that REALLY stood out and was different was the Temple of Time.

More on topic, I would LOVE to see another Blast Corps game. I'm not sure how possible that would be seeing as it was made by Rare. Not sure who has rights on it.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
What? can you make a quote so i understand where your coming from?
I'm not really sure where I was unclear...hmmm...let me try again:
I don't feel as if TP was attempting to be just like Ocarina. I saw a few similarities, but overall, they were different games to me.
That's funny, when Wind Waker was released, everyone was complaining about the exact opposite things. It turned out to be one of the best in the series too.
Not me, I loved Wind Waker. But I also love TP, thats all. I can love both, can't I?
Well, to me TP seemed like it was trying really hard to be epic and have a ton of **** in it, but then they didn't make much use of all this stuff they added in. A lot of items seemed to only have use either in the dungeon you acquired it in, or once, maybe twice outside of said dungeon. Then side mini games weren't prevalent or good enough, imo. After I beat the game, I had no real want to collect everything. I haven't been back to play the game a second time, so I don't know if my original impressions were skewed by hype or not. A lot of people call it Ocarina 2.0 because it seemed like the game was just trying to copy Ocarina without bringing anything really new or innovative to the table. To me, the only temple that REALLY stood out and was different was the Temple of Time.

More on topic, I would LOVE to see another Blast Corps game. I'm not sure how possible that would be seeing as it was made by Rare. Not sure who has rights on it.
Ehh, I don't know, it seemed like to me the item situation you're talking about is true for most Zelda games. And personally, the only game that had fun side mini games to me was Majora's Mask. But these are all opinions, feel free to disagree.

One thing we can agree on is the need for another Blast Corps game. BUt I'm almost positive that Rare owns that one. Shame too, because how awesome would that be on the Wii? Its almost like Rare knew...

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
Another Mario game that isn't so awkwardly set up as Galexy or Sunshine. I just want another good old Mario platformer kinda like New Super Mario Bros was, or even a new Super Mario World.

And although I know that this series came from a second party but I've still got my fingers crossed for another Golden Sun game. Those games blew me away on GBA. So fun, and the graphics were absolutely amazing for the system.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
The problem I have with the WiiMote's usage is that it's all the console hinges on for some games. Most of my friends find it a lot of fun for about a game or two, but after that, we usually migrate to the Playstation. In fact, at least 3 of my friends who REALLY wanted to play a Wii, lost complete interest when there was nothing like PS3's Pain or Rock Band. I guess that kinda disproves it's non-gamer target.
Rock Band is coming out for the Wii if you didn't hear.

I'm surprised no one's said Donkey Kong yet. I want a DK game that's actually good, like the DKC series.
Actually, I was going to say that myself. Too bad Rareware mastered the Donkey Kong Country games...and..well, look at the rest of the page on Rare.
Darn though, I miss K.Rool.

My List:
New Zelda: Something as great as Majora's Mask was. Great story and everything(it's a shame that game was overlooked majorly)*Also needs online Archery Battles...or something*

Pikmin 3ii: Needs Online!

Donkey Kong Country(something like it) DS: This would be great...really great if Nintendo could pull it off like New Super Mario Bros. Online Donkey Kong FTW! *It could work like DK64 did with its multiplayer.

Thats my dream list.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Rock Band is coming out for the Wii if you didn't hear.
Without HD and DLC, no thanks. I'll just enjoy it on my PS3 where I can almost double the library by downloading new songs.

bored

Smash Ace
I really like DK64, but we all know who developed that game. IMO, the Donkey Konga games were a complete failure.

I would love to see a sequel to DK64.

Flygon3x

Smash Cadet
The Mother/Earthbound series must return. I played through Earthbound, and it had an excellent storyline. The RPG was very, as in VERY, hard, though.

Evee

Smash Rookie
The Mother/Earthbound series must return. I played through Earthbound, and it had an excellent storyline. The RPG was very, as in VERY, hard, though.
It was actually fairly easy by comparison to Mother (Earthbound 0) in my oppinion. But as I said previosly I agree that the EB/Mother series needs a US revival. If Nintendo were to release the Mother Trilogy on the DS (I'm SURE they could do it), I'm sure it would sell like crazy.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
What I would love to see is for Nintendo to focus on it's old standards, which I think they might be doing with Galaxy, Brawl, and the upcoming Mario Kart. I would love a new Mario Tennis game. Keep rolling out those great Nintendo games that are instant classics. Starfox would be a great new title.

I want to see new franchises, too. With the popularity of characters like the Earthbound kids and Pit, they could make a very successful game. Hopefully, the new big Wii titles won't focus on the wiimote capabilities. Playing Brawl has just made me love using a regular controller again.

Oh, and Nintendo? Stop wasting time on Mario Party games! Please!

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Oh, and Nintendo? Stop wasting time on Mario Party games! Please!
That is jsut a waste of development, the games are pointless and boring.
Although i agree that nintendo can make some more franchises hopefully the new ones won't be a failure and second grade.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Another Star Fox game along the lines to SF64.

Oh, and a new Fire Emblem. Also, Yoshi needs something new. They've been using the defeat Baby Bowser thing for too long.

And... that's pretty much all I have in mind.

Top Bottom