• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Revival Thread.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
You haven't played any of the SNES Fire Emblems have you? They're better in almost every way. Storyline, characters, map size, difficulty, weapons, classes, and just about anything else you could think of that's wrong with the North American installments.

Also, Zelda doesn't need to be revived, people, that franchise hasn't had a bad game in a years.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I would kill for a third Ogre Battle. Or even a similar game, because I'm pretty sure the entire genre contains only the two Ogre Battles. OB64 is probably one of my top ten favorite games of all time, even though only like eight people have ever heard of it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Square ate the company that made them, so there will probably never be another one now...

Darkslash

Smash Master
Too bad if there is a Jet Force Gemini Sequel Its gonna be on the Xbox360 if any one can figure it out i'll give them a Cookie.(goes and plays Jet Force)

ANY WAYS

MORE STAR FOX!!!! ALONG SF64

Really that game is got me into flying games :/ I love shooting down Star Wolf :laugh:

hell maybe a spin off Star wolf game

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
A spin off star wolf game would probably end up like Shadow the hedgehog, TERRIBLE!
Although another arwing starfox game would be awesome.

BUT I CANT WAIT FOR ANIMAL CROSSING WII!

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Too bad if there is a Jet Force Gemini Sequel Its gonna be on the Xbox360 if any one can figure it out i'll give them a Cookie.(goes and plays Jet Force)
Eh, well your solace could be that Rare isn't great anymore. Another Jet Force Gemini game would probably suck of made by them.

A lot of people said Nintendo was stupid for letting Rare go, but apparently a lot of the original team who had worked on Goldeneye and other great N64 games had left the company. It wasn't something worth holding on to anymore.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Eh, well your solace could be that Rare isn't great anymore. Another Jet Force Gemini game would probably suck of made by them.

A lot of people said Nintendo was stupid for letting Rare go, but apparently a lot of the original team who had worked on Goldeneye and other great N64 games had left the company. It wasn't something worth holding on to anymore.
Now thats very logical and makes enough sense for me too believe, Thanks for the info.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Give me Goldeneye on the VC and I will never ask for another game from Nintendo ever.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah, Golden Eye would be cool for the VC.

But I mostly want to see an F-Zero or Star Fox game. There's actually been rumors of a F-Zero/Starfox crossover.

A new Pilotwings would be pretty nice, and a Paper Mario that DID NOT SUCK (Super Paper Mario was a horrible addition to the franchise) I would love.

However, right now the thing I most want is a second Luigi's Mansion. I loved that game.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that another game starring Yoshi is much needed. Yoshi Story is one of my favorite games.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Actually you kinda right and the fact that they ****ed up Star Fox by making it The Legend of Krazoa (shudders) and then setting up that On-foot is a must have for single player Star fox. LEAVE IT TO GODDAM MULTIPLAYER!

ohh and itys owned by Microsoft too. LOL they're getting kiddie games now.

STAR FOX Wii IN THE STYLE OF GODDAM STAR FOX 64

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I dont see why its so hard for developers to make brilliant games, they should look what the market needs and fill the gap.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Because whenever a game comes out is not when they start making it. Common sense there.

Also, if they did that, sports games would be pretty much it, along with same old FPS, and Japanese RPGs.

Categorically, those are the games that sell the best.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Because when you start a game, you don't always know what will and won't work. What seems like a good idea in your head and said aloud could be awful in practice. And unfortunately you can't just practice that idea in one day and be done with it. It takes a lot of development time to even get to that idea in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Kid Icarus--C'mon, Nintendo could make a new Prince of Persia-like Kid Icaus, can't they? Blend in the ability to switch between this and first-person bow-and-arrow gameplay, and we got our selves a new Kid Icarus.

Donkey Kong--DK has really gone downhill after the DKC trilogy ended. Classic Country-style platforming, being able to play as Donkey, Diddy, or Dixie, and "He's finally back to kick some tail!"

Star Fox--Assault and Command were okay (Never played Adventures), but what we need is some classic Star Fox 64 shooting.

Kirby--Sakurai's decision to abandon the Kirby series is killing the classic series. Bring back the man who made the puffball!

Notice how I said classic in every paragraph.:laugh:

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm suprised nobody said this yet, but I would actually like to see a new Ice Climbers game.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I'd like to see a new Star Fox game.

Or, they could make Nintendo vs Rare a video game. Hey, they made Marvel vs Capcom, didn't they? Besides, you know you'd want to play it...

Viroxor

Smash Ace
If Assault had come in the same timeframe as 64, it would have been great. But it just wasn't good enough to match up to it's generation. Personally, I thought it was alright (for the half-hour it took to beat it). But there were so many better quality games for the 'Cube alone (Tales of Symphonia, Smash Bros. Melee, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime) that it just wasn't able to shine as it might have several years earlier.

It did have a really fun multiplayer, though.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
A non-prime, 2d Metroid using the capabilities of the Wii, in the same vein as Super Metroid.

I can dream can't I?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
If Assault had come in the same timeframe as 64, it would have been great. But it just wasn't good enough to match up to it's generation. Personally, I thought it was alright (for the half-hour it took to beat it). But there were so many better quality games for the 'Cube alone (Tales of Symphonia, Smash Bros. Melee, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime) that it just wasn't able to shine as it might have several years earlier.

It did have a really fun multiplayer, though.
Tales of symphonia was the best game ever!

Steck

Smash Journeyman
New Zelda (Because you can never have too much Zelda)- should focus on story more if they are going to keep going with the 3 temples-major plot point-6 temples-final fight theme
A good Star Fox game like SF64
US gets a mother game (Earthbound 2)
Game and Watch Master collection for the DS- every game and watch game ever in one game
A new super scope game? lol
A Mario Paint for the wii
Super mario RPG 2 (Not paper mario-I want Geno!)
DK needs a good 3d adventure game- Nintendo does not need Rare they can do it!
Animal crossing for Wii

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
A new Punch Out for the wii and a new Donkey Kong Country for the wii that is not bongo realated

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Tales of ...
A new Final Fantasy (a PROPER, numbered one, not spin-offs like Crystal Chronicles)
Golden Sun
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Pikmin ( the Wiimote could have been made for it)

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Tales of ...
A new Final Fantasy (a PROPER, numbered one, not spin-offs like Crystal Chronicles)
Golden Sun
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Pikmin ( the Wiimote could have been made for it)
I agree with everything you stated except pikmin although its definetly being made im really not a fan of that series.

A proper final fantasy would be excellent although its most likely to be on PS3.

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
The shooting would be amazing with the WiiMote and Nunchuck, I believe.
Oh well,
I'd also like a new Donkey Kong Game, like a new one that would rival Donkey Kong 64.
A new Mother game is also wanted, but I doubt they will make one.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Mario paint? Wasn't the mario with pictures and ringtones?

Although i do think it would be interesting to see what kind of reception it would get if they made a sequel.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i might of gotten the name wrong since i was playing it at a friends house but it is a game were you more or less draw pictures and you can make songs on it. my friend and i had a very good time playing it last night (it was very late 2:00AM so it might not of been as fun as it seemed when we were tired) he was very good at drawing and i made a great song. Also it had a fly swatting game that was put in as a game on wario ware i think. Anyway with the wiimote you wont need a mouse like you did in the snes days and it could be very fun i think since with the wii i am sure you could save more pictures and songs.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
I would like to see a mother 3 port to the USA. I want to see what all the hype is about, but since most people can't play through an RPG in japanese :(:mad::ohwell::(

Top Bottom