• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Revival Thread.

D

Deleted member

^^Too late; They've already released gameplay for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

EDIT: Woot! 800th post!

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Hmm, lots of game's I'd really like remade...

Of course I'd LOVE to have a good zelda game, a starfox but eeh.. mainly I guess I'd say I want a new pikmin made. I only played the first one, and it was pretty good. But, I guess I'm growing tired of the nintendo franchise, especially after brawl.

So, with that said... I guess I'd want more third party games remade, instead of their own games. On top of that list, is a golden sun, whether it be for DS, or Wii... I don't care, it'll be amazing. Also, one of my favorite games on the NES, River City Ransom. The game was just amazing, I loved the 8 bit sprites, the some what "free-roam", definately a game I'd love to see remade, on Wii/DS.

Edit: As I closed out of smashboards, this game had just came to my mind, so I had to come back... SOLSTICE what a great game. Even though it was very short, and you could speedrun it easy, it was so good. I can still hum the songs, at all times. The music is fantastic. And walking around as a little mage...thing, what else is better? If you havn't played this game, please.. go download a NES emulator and a solstice ROM, and play it, beat it.. it's great.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
phantasy star online like the ep 1 and 2 version on gamecube. it was a very well develped game then with the release of ep 3 it got completly messed up then blue burst over took it and went to pc. nintendo needs to bring the series back in ep 1 and 2 style. thats my opinion on a game that should be brought back.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
phantasy star online like the ep 1 and 2 version on gamecube. it was a very well develped game then with the release of ep 3 it got completly messed up then blue burst over took it and went to pc. nintendo needs to bring the series back in ep 1 and 2 style. thats my opinion on a game that should be brought back.
THANK GOODNESS!!! I LOVED THAT GAME I WISH THEY MADE A REMAKE FOR NINTENDO WII!

Ilex

Smash Ace
I want a decent Pokemon Stadium back. Colosseum onwards has been crap :/ I want the layout of Pokemon Stadium 1 &2 returned. It would be epic.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It really wasn't that great of a game. But nevertheless, I played it for countless, countless hours. I would enjoy seeing a new PSO on the Wii.

Wasn't there a new one recently? Phantasy Star Universe or something?

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
I would love for another kid icarus. I just love the old one. I also hear a rumor they are remaking the first LoZ in first person view or something crazy like that. I have no idea if it is true or not

tirkaro

Smash Champion
A Super Mario RPG sequel would be awesome
There already is a SMRPG sequel. It's called Paper Mario.

There are a LOT of nintendo franchises I want revived. Some of them being:

Joy Mech Fight(it could be made into a much more deeper fighting game on wii or DS)
A Kid Icarus game that wont suck.(Meaning that I'm not counting the crap that factor 5 is going pull out of their rectums this year.)
Nazo no Murasame Joh (Just imagine using the Wiimote for a katana(no, I don't count the numberous failed attempts made by 3rd parties))
Mach Rider(It could make a pretty unique game if brought back. Steering could be done with the wiimote, and tracks could be a lot more complex, and bosses could be added to the mix.
Battle Clash (The wiimote was just MADE for this.)
Sin and Punishment (Would definetly fit the best with Wiimote controls)

also, not exactly related to Nintendo, but SEGA should bring back the Daytona USA series, and Vectorman, instead of making their 9001 failed attempts at sonic games.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
-I would love to see a new Animal Crossing game on the Wii with more stuff to do, GOOD online, etc.

-A new Zelda game that is much more difficult than TP.

-A brand new game that ISN'T TARGETED TOWARDS THE CASUAL AUDIENCE FOR ONCE. I'm sure that Mr. Miyamoto has tons of ideas swirling around in that messed up brain of his that aren't Wii Fit or Nintendogs.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
First off, Galaxy wasn't a comeback in my opinion. It was a degeneration which Nintendo Power is obsessed with for some reason.

Second of all, here's what I'd like to see:

-2D Metroid. No more 3D for the DS. If 2D isn't going to be on consoles anymore, we better get it on portables at least.
-Pokemon Stadium. No more PBR. I want my minigames back, and I don't want all of these stupid "You have to rent our crappy Pokemon!" rules. I raised my own Pokemon for a reason.
-GOOD DK game. An adventure game. No more bongos. No more racing. DK64 remake would be nice.
-Balloon Fight would be nice to be revived, at least on VC. There's an online Balloon Fight type game that I've played with a customizable character, weapons/items you can have...it's a great game, really. It wouldn't be that hard for Nintendo to come up with something to revive Balloon Fight similar to that.
-Star Fox game.
-Kirby game.
-3rd person 3D Metroid game might be interesting. It'd be a good idea to try to spruce up the 3D Metroid games a bit. It might make the 3D games more similar to their greater 2D counterparts, since things like the speed booster could be implemented whereas it would be hard in an FPA (First Person Adventure).
-Fire Emblem Japanese ports/remakes. I want to play the first 6 games of the series without paying ridiculous amounts of money to import them. Either give them to us on VC or something...just let us have them.

I'm sort of afraid of what Nintendo can do now, after their new direction...but these are just some ideas I have.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Remember what Ocarina of Time did for the Legend of Zelda series, and how how Super Mario 64 was the model for all 3D plat formers (SM64 was the best of the 3D platformers for that matter and still is) I had honestly hoped the we'd see similar such innovations with the Wii.

However, instead of stepping forward with their games, they've stepped backwards.

(I liked twilight princess better on the GC, never bought the Wii's version, but I played it at my friends house, and honestly, making link right handed? WTF? It was just very unpolished on the Wii, well what did i expect, it was a port after all.)

What I'd like to see Nintendo do The Legend of Zelda, is basicly make a freakin' sequel to the OoT Master Quest. Windwaker was too easy, Twilight Princess was too easy (more satisfying than windwaker) I refused to play Phatom Hourglass because even my friends who suck and Zelda games were saying it was too easy. And to top it off it had the cel shaded art style that I hated, and another thing, the great sea sucks, it's too big and too empty. Empty is the biggest problem with it of course, you were literally traveling across the ocean, and they you got to one tiny little island in the big old square and all that's there is one rock with some rupees under it.

Also the AI was dumb ******* from hell in windwaker, and it was still the same dumb ******* in Twilight Princess. I was bored of windwaker by the time I beat it. I was still somewhat interested in Twilight Princess when I beat it. TP had better dungeons than WW too for that matter,. Although they both sucked compared to OoT. OoT was the best, because you seriously felt like you tripping out in the dungeons in that game (who could forget the twisted halls in the forest temple)

Anyway Toon Link brought Failure to LoZ, and Toon Link brought Failure to SSB.

But yeah for the Next Zelda title, they should design the dungeon layout while high on pain medicine. And the AI need to be tough enough to actually put up a fight. Seriously, the potions just wast bottle space in the most recent LoZs.

And for the love of Zelda, bring back BigGorons sword. Link with a 2 hander = win

sorry about the rant that really doesn't make sense, but i've been wanting finally just say it for a while.

The motion sensor still has potential to produce that innovation, but unless they forget about the casual crowd, Nintendo is dead to me. (it won't happen they sold their soul to the devil for casual dollars, and unfortunately, they got a lot of casual dollars.)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Somethings I'd like to see from Nintendo this year at E3:

F-Zero Wii
Pikmin 3
A new LoZ that has challenge to it and is not Cel-Shaded
A new action series, sorta like VJ or shinobi
Elite Beat Agents 2

That's it.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Somethings I'd like to see from Nintendo this year at E3:

F-Zero Wii
Pikmin 3
A new LoZ that has challenge to it and is not Cel-Shaded
A new action series, sorta like VJ or shinobi
Elite Beat Agents 2

That's it.
Dont forget Pilotwings

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I'd love to see Nintendo make use of that Xenosaga developer and make a huge in-house RPG. That would be fantastico!

And an edit to that, a new Yoshi's Island, plz. One that owns as hard as the real Yoshi's Island games have, so not another Yoshi's Story or anything.

Top Bottom