• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Invitational Announced, Who gets an Invite?

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I'm guessing that, unless if the 16 have a few hours to practice, they're gonna go with with someone they are familiar with, like Marth.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
The players will be probably using 100% pro-controllers to push the sales of them for the game. I would pretend like I'm going to compete and then just run to the other side of the map and start testing wave dashing and L cancelling. The REAL important factors of the game lol.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
So because you don't care for them and don't play with people who do use them...Everybody should play like you do and competitive elements need to be removed. Stop imposing the way you want to play on us, we honestly don't care or have a problem with the way you play.
I'm not saying everyone should play like me. I'm just sharing my opinion about that topic. I'm NOT forcing people to play like me and I'm NOT imposing it. If you want to use glitches or advanced techniques, go ahead, I don't care. I'll just never use them just because, and therefore i wouldn't care if they would eventually get deleted from the new smashgames.

Last edited:

noticus

Smash Cadet
this sounds fun!
i wish they would, you know, release the game so that we could play it in places other than best buy
maybe that's asking too much

Jackson

Smash Lord
At last year's event, Wind Waker HD was single player only, Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong were two players, and Super Mario 3D World was two to four players. The Wind Waker HD demo was about 10 minutes, while the others took anywhere between 2 to 5 minutes.

For Super Smash Bros., I'm expecting two to four players being allowed, and one match per group of people, so however long it takes to finish one match before going back in line to play again. The last event had only one Wii U, but this is SSB that we're talking about here, I wouldn't be surprised if we had more than one Wii U station this time around.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part, and Nintendo will announce the details at a later date. However, this should give you a good rough draft on what to expect from this event.
That's helpful, thanks for the overview.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
All i can say is that they better have a tournament in my best buy or else. lol

Last edited:

Smash Rookie
Predictions :

Wife/Jv3x3 and Prog/D1 for commentators or some random Nintendo employees.

As for invites :

M2K, Ken, Ally, other top Brawl Players, important Youtube stars such as Pewdiepie who will make the game more popular, etc.

Players like Armada and Mango won't get invited due to their openly negative opinions on the game.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
It's not entirely outside of the realm of possibility. I understand it will probably not happen as much as I'd like it to. But you should try playing Smash with a GameCube controller, and then try playing with the Pro Controller. Afterwards, tell me how you feel. When Sakurai created the controls of Melee, he did it with the design of the GC controller in mind. For example, the A button is directly below two surrounding jump buttons(X and Y) which is perfect for short hop Nair and short hopping in general. The jump buttons are placed well so you can jump with one finger and dodge with the other(making wavedashing pretty optimal if you ask me). That's just one example. The analog stick placement doesn't look the best for smash. It seems odd to me. Having to move my right hand up to use the C stick quickly after jumping from a face button input below.
I think i can adapt plus im planing on altering my control scheme to match the GC as much as possible. i think i can manage

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
He called it a smashfest
<<<my actual expression right now.

Last edited:

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Armada, pleeease! And some testers, so that we see how they hold up against pros. SO HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!:seuss:

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
obviously none of us, but the nintendo fanboys who have competitive traits
and I expect huge dissappointment from the play quality frmo them

I also expect cops to be at every best buy or large sums of people getting kicked out for being too roudy at the demo stations

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'd want Shiz, S2J, SilentWolf, PewPewU, Sfat, Silent Spectre, and DJNintendo's Bowser to get invited because Flash.

I like Armada, Mew2King, HungryBox, and all them but if they play the way they do on the daily, I'm not down with that.

ItalianSheathe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
obviously none of us, but the nintendo fanboys who have competitive traits
and I expect huge dissappointment from the play quality frmo them

I also expect cops to be at every best buy or large sums of people getting kicked out for being too roudy at the demo stations
lol especially when players on the east coast get kicked out

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Chillin might be invited just because his names been popping up recently due to the Curse sponsorship.

Chilex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chilex
‌‌

‌‌

‌‌

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I should go lmao, but thatll never happen. Looks like Best Buy is where Im gonna be spending most of my summer.

DarkDream

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I'm surprised this isn't that hyped up. NINTENDO of all people are HOSTING an INVITATIONAL TOURNEY

Last time around they put tripping in to keep tourneys from happening. It's good to see a gaming company actually come to their senses on an issue.

Top Bottom