• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo giving out free demos to people attending SDCC - Update: Nevermind

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I honest to God hope this means we'll get one on the eShop.
Maybe.
Hopefully.
...Please?

Last edited:

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
So...only if you're at the comic con, you get a demo?
Not if you go anywhere else, such as Nintendo world or best buy or ANYWHERE else?

As someone in the eastern timezone, this is something that I really, REALLY hope changes. Seems kind of unfair to those of us that can't reach the comic con.

micstar615

Smash Ace
So...only if you're at the comic con, you get a demo?
Not if you go anywhere else, such as Nintendo world or best buy or ANYWHERE else?

As someone in the eastern timezone, this is something that I really, REALLY hope changes. Seems kind of unfair to those of us that can't reach the comic con.
Agreed :/

PizzaWenisaur

Smash Apprentice
What the heck man...so no demos for the regular folks...
Maybe they'll make it so you get it a week early by going to SDCC or somethin'

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

There will be riots everywhere but SDCC.

Hong

The Strongest
Moved to the 3DS boards. This is fairly interesting so I left a temporary redirect for the people who don't check the 3DS board frequently.

In any event, I'm sure there will be more opportunities to get the demo in other ways that they have not yet announced.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Time to recreate SDCC in my room and take all picture of myself. Or maybe I can get a picture from it last year, blow it up and print it out as a background, add some friends dressed as event goers, and take a picture.

In reality though, all these great events are in America. Japan just got one demo and that was at WHOBBY in Tokyo :/ I wish ,y local book store could get a demo. Anyone who gets the free to play demo, it might be a good time to hack into the game and see if we can find some interesting information, perhaps? They were able to do it with the PSASBR demo.

Soul.

Wait, what? A demo? I see.... well, let's just hope they make an eShop demo.

D

Deleted member

I really hope they make an eShop demo. People going to Comic-Con must be lucky.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Man this in unfair... I mean seriously, Nintendo has been REALLY bad about people being able to equally get demos :/

Raijinken

Smash Master
As an east coast resident who doesn't go to conventions in general, this makes me disappointed but somewhat hopeful.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
THERE'S THE SPECIAL SURPRISE, FOLKS.
PAY-TO-PLAY DEMOS FOR ONLY COMIC-CON ATTENDERS THAT HAPPEN TO HAVE PHONES ON HAND.
GOOD FREAKING JOB, NINTENDO.

A-Holes...

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I'm so salty right now. Kidding. I think this is a good idea. Hopefully it is a eShop demo which differs from the E3 demo. That would be sweet. Again doubtful. I'm hoping lots of game play comes from this.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I read this the wrong way and thought it meant they only have the SSB 3DS demo stations exclusive to people who participate in this, and was mad for the last 20 minutes since I was going. Then I realized its actually an eshop download and-
WAIT WHAT?!
WHAT?!
FREE DEMO TO KEEP FOREVER?!
SOMEONE GET ME A PHONE THAT HAS THE TWITTER APP NOW!

micstar615

Smash Ace
Moved to the 3DS boards. This is fairly interesting so I left a temporary redirect for the people who don't check the 3DS board frequently.

In any event, I'm sure there will be more opportunities to get the demo in other ways that they have not yet announced.
Thank you :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It always sucks to not be a California resident during these occasions. On the other hand, California has been dealing with some serious problems lately.

D

Deleted member

Anyone who gets the free to play demo, it might be a good time to hack into the game and see if we can find some interesting information, perhaps? They were able to do it with the PSASBR demo.
When someone gets a hold of this demo, it's only gonna be a matter of time before someone hacks it to try and find more info.

Hong

The Strongest
My, my. Such averse responses.

Personally, I am not at all bothered by what I am not getting. Rather, I am happy for those that are getting anything at all. Nothing about what I was expecting from Nintendo, and what I am entitled to, has changed; come October, I'll have Smash 4 on its way by the stroke of midnight. I give Nintendo my money, they give me their game. Nothing more, nothing less. Other people getting a demo of the game will neither hurt nor harm my play experience. Nintendo clearly wants to promote their presence at SDCC, and they are in their rights to use whatever methods they see fit.

That said, should anyone get this demo, you would have my gratitude if you would be so brave as to identify yourselves. Post an indication of authenticity that you have the demo, and allow users to field questions. The community would be most indebted if you could investigate various mechanical nuances, especially in regards to the new fighters.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
When someone gets a hold of this demo, it's only gonna be a matter of time before someone hacks it to try and find more info.
Depending on who gets their hands on it anyways. Not everyone is an avid hacker.

D

Deleted member

Wait a sec; depending on who gets this demo, I will be able to find out how well the game plays on a standard 3DS. YUS!

Depending on who gets their hands on it anyways. Not everyone is an avid hacker.
True.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Time to get photoshoping! Seriously though, this is really cool of Nintendo and I hope everyone who gets a demo enjoys it!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm not salty at all because I'm confident that information from it will be coming our way regardless. We have the actual tournament, and possibly someone feeding us information from the demo. No complaints from my end.

It's actually pretty exciting.

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
We are excited to surprise you with hands-on of #SmashBros for #3DS. Here’s how you can enter for a chance to play!
Be sure to tweet #BringMeSmash for a chance to take a break and play Super #SmashBros
Sounds more like they'll bring you a physical demo. If it were a downloadable demo I feel like it would have been indicated somewhere, otherwise people might not have the space to download it. The DM would be to find out where you are so they can hunt you down and let you play right there.

It's very misleading though, it's easy to see why anyone would think it's a demo you can keep. That's what I thought at first too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sounds more like they'll bring you a physical demo. If it were a downloadable demo I feel like it would have been indicated somewhere, otherwise people might not have the space to download it. The DM would be to find out where you are so they can hunt you down and let you play right there.

It's very misleading though, it's easy to see why anyone would think it's a demo you can keep. That's what I thought at first too.
I thought this too. It's a bit vague but it you're probably right in that you'll only get a physical demo copy to play at the event, and not a digital one that you'll be able to keep forever.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
CURRENTLY SPRINTING FROM MISSOURI TO COMIC-CON. CLEAR A PATH.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
It does look like Nintendo will just send a guy with a few 3ds(es) strapped around him if enough people tweet about it.
I do not know if they plan on giving demos as downloads but if they do if anyone is willing please take a bunch of pictures and send them via private msg to smash community members. It would mean a lot to us

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

If they delay this game any further after this, I'm gonna kill a puppy. While it's asleep. And I'll send the video of me slaughtering right at the headquarters.

Just kidding.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

...Your right. That also makes sense so they can get people to try the game without walking across the street to Nintendo Lounge.
*Hype train crash*

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
It'd be really sad if some people went out of their way to get to SDCC after great cost and effort, only to enter the draw and not get picked... :p

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
But...the demo is going to be in their own 3DS, that they probably will lend to you play the demo, while attached to the guy/gall that bring it to you. I didn't see nothing about download or digital demo. We are getting ahead of ourselves without a concrete piece of info.

And probably will be the demo of E3, with Smash Run and 2 minute FFA.

But yeah, they could put that demo on Eshop for us.I still hope so.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
But...the demo is going to be in their own 3DS, that they probably will lend to you play the demo, while attached to the guy/gall that bring it to you. I didn't see nothing about download or digital demo. We are getting ahead of ourselves without a concrete piece of info.

And probably will be the demo of E3, with Smash Run and 2 minute FFA.

But yeah, they could put that demo on Eshop for us.I still hope so.
Yeah, at the Best Buy event, they had people with 3DSes on their person that they walked around with to let people play. Seems likely that that is exactly how this demo will work.

Top Bottom