• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (the 18th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys I just realized... If the Mario Galaxy stage was a foreshadow for the Rosalina reveal... Does that mean Pyrosphere...?

All the sudden Ridley's chances are looking nicer.

Boxing Ring = Little Mac
Find Mii + Pilotwings Resort = Mii
Pyrosphere = Ridley
Arena Ferox = Chrom

We've got this all figured out.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I have to admit, for the longest time I hated the idea of Rosalina being playable. I thought she would not offer anything and just be a peach or zelda clone.

But now that she is revealed, she looks incredibly fun to play as and looks like you need a lot of skill to use her.

and it is a million times better than the mii

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not calling myself being a butthole John.

I'm sorry if you're taking it that way. We cool.

I get what you're saying in hindsight. I agree with you in terms of fighting games as whole. I just often don't read very well under the influences of Hype so I misread what you were saying, that's all.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Sakurai himself stated "An enemy from Samus's past may appear" on a RIDLEY THEMED STAGE

This implies 2 things:
1) Ridley is a stage hazard
2) Ridley is playable

Considering we STILL have yet to see Ridley show up on Pyrosphere despite the plethora of photos/clips of the stage it's pretty much guaranteed he's not a hazard. Pyrosphere is simply a foreshadow for Ridley like the Galaxy stage was for Rosalina.

Ridley is in this game guys. It's happening. Get hyped.
Anything can happen at this point!!!!!

Kon

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley was a stage hazard he would have been revealed by now.

90% sure Ridley is playable.

Just a matter of when he's revealed.
You could also still see the boxring as a hint for Little Mac who hasn't been revealed yet. So his chances also stay pretty good for being playable in SSB4.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Boxing Ring = Little Mac
Find Mii + Pilotwings Resort = Mii
Pyrosphere = Ridley
Arena Ferox = Chrom

We've got this all figured out.

Too bad Chrom nor Mii have been explicitly teased at by Sakurai himself.

"An enemy from Samus's past may be making an appearance." Ridley still hasn't showed up as a stage hazard.

You do the math.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Real Gamer, stop that. Stop that right now.

I refuse. Refuseeee.

Laaalaalala. I can't hear you.

Side note: At first I also thought Kirby was going to be in Mario Kart, which would've been hella awesome in itself.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai himself stated "An enemy from Samus's past may appear" on a RIDLEY THEMED STAGE

This implies 2 things:
1) Ridley is a stage hazard
2) Ridley is playable

Considering we STILL have yet to see Ridley show up on Pyrosphere despite the plethora of photos/clips of the stage it's pretty much guaranteed he's not a hazard. Pyrosphere is simply a foreshadow for Ridley like the Galaxy stage was for Rosalina.

Ridley is in this game guys. It's happening. Get hyped.
I've been saying this since Pyrosphere was announced.

About damn time people get behind me on that.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, she's not a bad addition to the roster. I'm a little sad that Toad's chances are basically zero of getting in at this point(5 Main series Mario Characters and then the spinoff characters is a bit over kill for Smash 4's roster), but Rosalina looks like a fun character and given her recent prominence in Mario games, she makes sense. Plus, many of the characters that people wanted like Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, all date from the 80's and 90's. Its nice to see a newer Mario character make the cut.

I'm happy about this. So far, Smash 4's Roster is looking good. If Lucario, Ike, and Wolf can make it back, then I'll be even happier. But Rosalina while a suprise, looks like a really good character.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Anyone take note on how huge Rosalina is? May not be a fun combination if she's as lightweight and floaty as she looks.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Too bad Chrom nor Mii have been explicitly teased at by Sakurai himself.

"An enemy from Samus's past may be making an appearance." Ridley still hasn't showed up as a stage hazard.

You do the math.
What, you don't remember when Sakurai said "Arena Ferox is a stage from Fire Emblem: Awakening. This game stars Chrom, the newest protagonist in the Fire Emblem series. Chrom is a pla.....not confirmed ye..........we are thinking about...........nothing is concr......there is no further information about this stage."

Real Gamer, stop that. Stop that right now.

I refuse. Refuseeee.

Laaalaalala. I can't hear you.

Side note: At first I also thought Kirby was going to be in Mario Kart, which would've been hella awesome in itself.
I was honestly super-hyped to have Kirby in Mario Kart, zooming 'round town on mah Warpstar (Sakurai pls :().

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
that trailer was ****ing awesome

at first I thought a Kirby was going to be in Mario Kart

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, honestly. Given the number of times we've seen Pyrosphere, its hard to believe we haven't already seen Ridley.

Stranger things have happened, but I think the odds are good.

Edit: I should've just quoted John. Y'all nice too fast for me.

Rosaluma for best dress.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Rosalina > Bowser jr, toad, and Waluigi.

There I said it.

Rosalina is pretty much the only other Mario character I would have wanted in smash.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
If Ridley was a stage hazard he would have been revealed by now.

90% sure Ridley is playable.

Just a matter of when he's revealed.

I'm not this optimistic but I'm certainly hopping he is in. He's one of the few characters I really want to get into the game. Every other character is just a cool addition but I genuinely wany Ridley in it.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
I think Rosalina is just as valid of a pick as Palutena, as they both only had one historic game, and there are many similarities between their role. I would be fine with either one, even if I personally like Rosalina better (bias because SMG is in my top 5 favorite video games.)
No Rosalina???
Honestly, both SMG games are in the top 10 highest-selling wii games, so for them to NOT include a representative would be kinda idiotic. Rosalina is really the only good fit.
I'd pay $100 for Rosalina, even though she might already be in.
I'd also probably pay $100 for Mewtwo or Spyro/Cynder.

SOOOO HAPPY.
And here I was having second thoughts about wanting to buy a Wii U mostly for this game. FORGIVE ME SAKURAI!

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad she got in, it was between her and Bowser Jr. when it came to new Mario characters.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Well, we're all gonna have to throw our roster predictions away again. I was really expecting Bowser Jr. for a 5th Mario rep. :D

Rosalina's cool though. She looks unique, and we definitely need more female characters.

And Rainbow Road stage! I was hoping for that one!

Shroob

Sup?
The implications that this also confirms that they figured out the duo thing on 3DS and thus Ice Climbers makes me moist.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just love how Kirby just sits face down on Rainbow Road until Luma pokes him, as if he's intending to lay down that way for the rest of the day until someone interrupts him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom