• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (the 18th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Like I said, I'm not mad bout Rosalina getting in, I'm just mad that the Kid Icarus anniversary wasn't acknowledged. I know it's supposed to be tomorrow, but you know they could have done it a day earlier. I'll still try Rosalina out since she's actually interesting.

fromia

Smash Cadet
I think it is safe to say that Ice Climbers will make it in the 3DS version? I mean look at Rosalina, she is a pretty complex character.

Edit: If Ice Climbers return of course.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What crack you smoking? Waluigi has been in not one single canon Mario title. He's more of a spin-off character than her.
You misinterpreted what I was saying.

I was meaning that IF we were to count non-canon games, Waluigi is more relevant character in that realm. Of course, he's not otherwise, but the member before me mentioned Mario Kart games, so that's why I said that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Like I said, I'm not mad bout Rosalina getting in, I'm just mad that the Kid Icarus anniversary wasn't acknowledged. I know it's supposed to be tomorrow, but you know they could have done it a day earlier. I'll still try Rosalina out since she's actually interesting.
Well, you kinda set up yourself for that disappointment, because the anniversary theories have been debunked already.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now I understand why Sakurai is just now getting to revealing a newcomer. Look at how gorgeous that mini-trailer looked. If all of the other newcomer trailers' quality is like the past four, than I will gladly hold off on the rest.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Well from a presentation standpoint, the trailer was really well done. While I was thinking Smash the entire time, all of the Mario Kart nods were giving me mixed signals for a second (though Kirby using the Warp Star like he did in Air Ride to race in Mario Kart 8 still isn't a bad idea). Since it looks like Rosalina's going to be using tag team gameplay with her Luma, thankfully meaning she's not going to be a Peach clone, I approve of her addition, and I personally think my excitement right now was well worth the wait :D

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You misinterpreted what I was saying.

I was meaning that IF we were to count non-canon games, Waluigi is more relevant character in that realm. Of course, he's not otherwise, but the member before me mentioned Mario Kart games, so that's why I said that.

And there's nothing to suggest that Waluigi can't get in to represent the spin-off sports titles. Not one thing. He still has a chance. The only characters who are hurt by her inclusion are Toad, and to a slightly lesser extent Bowser Jr.

Why are we even discussing this? Sakurai is so unpredictable that we could still get Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi and Rosalina. There's not telling with this man. We may very well get two new Mario reps.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sakurai really has a knack for bringing out the best in the characters he chooses for Smash.

And here I was thinking Rosalina would end up being generic... She looks fun as hell.

And I love how he incorporated Luma into her playstyle.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Dude just wait until the uprising anny.

2014 will start showing more newcomers, I bet KI will get something then.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Nintendo needs to give dates, no dates for Kirby 3DS, no exact date for Mario Kart which looks to be done and nothing on Smash at all. Such a frustrating company.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
seems to be: Olimar = 3 pikmin cap

Mario has his watercannon again

Although the duo of Rosalina and Luma should hopefully prove that Ice Climbers won't be axed because they're a duo

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, you kinda set up yourself for that disappointment, because the anniversary theories have been debunked already.
It woulda been nice if my thought was correct to say "I told you so!" after being bashed for so long... I'm moving my frontier back to March 22nd of next year. Til then, shipping Pit with Rosalina more often.

@Zero: Yes... That's March 22nd or 23rd for next year. By then, the game should have at least a bit of the voices done, then we can be given the light.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was so hyped for Kirby's Air Ride 2 and/or Kirby in Mario Kart 8.
Ah. I love when people get butthurt and bring up ''relevancy" if Nintendo didn't care about Rosalina she wouldn't be consistently in Mario Kart. Nor the unlockable character in the main Mario game out for the holidays right now.

Stay pressed haters. I mean I wanted other Mario characters too, but jesus, Rosalina is perfectly relevant and she looks to be unique. You guys are just way too hard to please is all.
You do realize that Rosalina is just your atypical character + supporter character in fighting games, right=???

I mean, she's unique to Smash, but it's not really unique for a fighting game. This isn't as groundbreaking as Olimar or Snake.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Anyone else mad that baby mario, luigi, peach and daisy are confirmed for mario kart 8? such a waste of roster space

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Uh why must there be fanboy arguments on every freaking Nintendo video on Youtube?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I was so hyped for Kirby's Air Ride 2 and/or Kirby in Mario Kart 8.

You do realize that Rosalina is just your atypical character + supporter character in fighting games, right=???

I mean, she's unique to Smash, but it's not really unique for a fighting game. This isn't as groundbreaking as Olimar or Snake.

Yes.

And are we discussing fighting games as whole? **** no.

Get that **** out of here, John.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Rosalina confirmed to be like Zelda in Project M.

Congratz...

...also, she appears to be Ice Climbers meets Olimar.

She appears to be an atypical "team" fighting game character.
She's WAY different from project M Zelda(like...what?) and quite different from Olimar or Ice climbers. She looks to be a puppetmaster character like Devo from Jo Jo's bizarre adventure, Carl Clover, Ms. Fortune ext.. It's a respected and very unique fighting game niche with a ton of depth that has no representation in Smash bros whatsoever so far(Ice Climbers are a very different deal). And even if she did fill a similar nice to Zelda, Olimar, or Iceclimbers she clearly has a unique move set.

I personally wasn't that interested in this reveal but literally one of the first things I thought when I saw it was "well John Knight is going to be stoked as hell about this since he likes fighting games and competitive play and he's all about gameplay over everything else". Why you being such a sourpuss?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes.

And are we discussing fighting games as whole? **** no.

Get that **** out of here, John.
I'm just saying she's not groundbreaking.

I'm not saying it's bad (she looks great), but I'm just saying it's not something brand new that Sakurai invented.

In other words, this is almost more of a Tekken character moveset, skillset, and playstyle, much like how Mario and Luigi and are basically Ryu and Ken, Captain Falcon is a Power Ranger, Fox is an Arwing, etc.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Guys I just realized... If the Mario Galaxy stage was a foreshadow for the Rosalina reveal... Does that mean Pyrosphere...?

All the sudden Ridley's chances are looking nicer.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
And there's nothing to suggest that Waluigi can't get in to represent the spin-off sports titles. Not one thing. He still has a chance. The only characters who are hurt by her inclusion are Toad, and to a slightly lesser extent Bowser Jr.

Why are we even discussing this? Sakurai is so unpredictable that we could still get Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi and Rosalina. There's not telling with this man. We may very well get two new Mario reps.
I know right, I think the majority of people against Rosalina are only so because they think it means no other Mario newcomers. Who the f#@k knows though, Sakurai is the most unpredictable person on the planet!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm just saying she's not groundbreaking.

I'm not saying it's bad (she looks great), but I'm just saying it's not something brand new that Sakurai invented.

In other words, this is almost more of a Tekken character moveset, skillset, and playstyle, much like how Mario and Luigi and are basically Ryu and Ken.

You'd have to add up about three characters to make her ANYONE's Ken. It's not similar at all. Yes, she shares elements of Ice Climbers, Olimar, hell even a bit of Zelda looks to be thrown in there, but she's not a Mario/Luigi, Ken/Ryu/Any various shoto.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Once again, Pyrosphere was shown without any hint towards Ridley being a stage hazard...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
It woulda been nice if my thought was correct to say "I told you so!" after being bashed for so long... I'm moving my frontier back to March 22nd of next year. Til then, shipping Pit with Rosalina more often.

@Zero: Yes... That's March 22nd or 23rd for next year. By then, the game should have at least a bit of the voices done, then we can be given the light.
There really isn't nor has there been any time in particular that would be a good time for Paluentina, and she still has a good shot of being in the game. If I was a Paluetina supporter I would just stay carefully optimistic untill the game was out and all characters revealed instead of trying to push certain dates. Honestly as a Paluetina supporter you're in a pretty favorable position.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I know right, I think the majority of people against Rosalina are only so because they think it means no other Mario newcomers. Who the f#@k knows though, Sakurai is the most unpredictable person on the planet!
Nah dude, I don't think we'll get 6 mario playables come on. check your alerts.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Lol, you guys wanted a new character but when one is revealed you guys get pissed. Typical smashboards. You guys wont be happy until you guys get the characters only you specifically want. Just be happy for other people for once. I hate most of the sword characters you guys want anyways, but if they got in i'd say welcome in! Anyways, I am happy for the Rosalina. A character I did not suspect either! At least it also breaks most of the leaks anyways!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Ridley was a stage hazard he would have been revealed by now.

90% sure Ridley is playable.

Just a matter of when he's revealed.

I refuse to get hyped about Ridley.

I'm gay, but I'm not getting ****ed in the ass by Sakurai a third time. No the first two times were not pleasurable.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
She's WAY different from project M Zelda(like...what?) and quite different from Olimar or Ice climbers. She looks to be a puppetmaster character like Devo from Jo Jo's bizarre adventure, Carl Clover, Ms. Fortune ext.. It's a respected and very unique fighting game niche with a ton of depth that has no representation in Smash bros whatsoever so far(Ice Climbers are a very different deal). And even if she did fill a similar nice to Zelda, Olimar, or Iceclimbers she clearly has a unique move set.

I personally wasn't that interested in this reveal but literally one of the first things I thought when I saw it was "well John Knight is going to be stoked as hell about this since he likes fighting games and competitive play and he's all about gameplay over everything else". Why you being such a sour****?
Ack! Sorry Johnknight I wasn't trying to cuss you out Apparently smashboards censours "Sourp*uss" and now it won't let me edit my post Smashboards is evil confirmed. :(

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
You'd have to add up about three characters to make her ANYONE's Ken. It's not similar at all. Yes, she shares elements of Ice Climbers, Olimar, hell even a bit of Zelda looks to be thrown in there, but she's not a Mario/Luigi, Ken/Ryu/Any various shoto.
I just think she's completely unique in her own way, which I love. The only reason I initially wouldn't have wanted her is because she seems like pure clone character fuel. But of course Sakurai proves us wrong, giving her a remarkable style of fighting we haven't seen yet.

Once again, Pyrosphere was shown without any hint towards Ridley being a stage hazard...
DUUUUUUUUDEEEE WOOOAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! hype

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There really isn't nor has there been any time in particular that would be a good time for Paluentina, and she still has a good shot of being in the game. If I was a Paluetina supporter I would just stay carefully optimistic untill the game was out and all characters revealed instead of trying to push certain dates. Honestly as a Paluetina supporter you're in a pretty favorable position.

While it is true, I just didn't want a repeat of my anger when we had Toon Link instead of Bowser Jr (my want) for Brawl, which were 2 of 3 commonly talked about and wanted characters during that time. Tbh, the 2 chances of Palutena's good chance times were actually this stream, being just a day before the Kid Icarus anniversary, and March 22nd or 23rd of next year which will be the 2-year anniversary of Uprising. Otherwise, she'd either be a secret character not shown til game's out or not in at all.
But like I said, I don't mind Rosalina at all. I was just was focused on another character for a very long time. I'll live with it. At least she's unique compared to our clone era that Melee had.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Kam
No problem, but I'm not butthurt.

I'm just saying Rosalina is nothing new for fighting games. However, I'm also saying it's a cool concept and very welcome in Smash.
You obviously aren't a fan of reading.

I said she's an atypical character + support (character) in fighting games.

Not Ice Climbers (duo) or Olimar (legion character).

Honestly though, you don't need to be a butthole about it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I refuse to get hyped about Ridley.

I'm gay, but I'm not getting ****ed in the *** by Sakurai a third time. No the first two times were not pleasurable.

Sakurai himself stated "An enemy from Samus's past may appear" on a RIDLEY THEMED STAGE

This implies 2 things:
1) Ridley is a stage hazard
2) Ridley is playable

Considering we STILL have yet to see Ridley show up on Pyrosphere despite the plethora of photos/clips of the stage it's pretty much guaranteed he's not a hazard. Pyrosphere is simply a foreshadow for Ridley like the Galaxy stage was for Rosalina.

Ridley is in this game guys. It's happening. Get hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom