• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (the 18th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Soon we'll know either unbridled jubilation or rage.
Jubilation for all except Toad, BJ and Waluigi supporters. Don't give up other Mario-character fans.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Getting out of DK's grab. FLUDD is useless. Meteor smashes for days.

Rosalina confirmed top tier. Banned for life.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
So it looks like toad and bowser jr are out.

Give props to sakurai tho, another dual-ish character.

Creative.
Where've you been? Toad was even shown as a meat shield again today, that dude was pretty much deconfirmed awhile back. Jr. on the other hand is probably screwed now cuz I really doubt 6 Mario characters.

It's unfortunate, but if had to be anybody but Jr., Rosalina would've been my preferred 2nd, and I can't believe she is actually in the game!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I have to say, although I didn't really want her, she looks like she had a fun moveset.

Also that cutscene was beautiful.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sigh... I guess I better have Rosalina as a main instead of Palutena who shoulda been revealed this time...
So at this point, maining Pit, Bowser, and Rosalina... Just hoping Palutena will come to us one day. Maybe she's just a secret character that won't be shown til game's out? Seriously, I am kinda hurt.

Then again, I can ship Pit+Rosalina more often then.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Lol, that was awesome!!!!!!! At first I was like Mario Kart?......Kirby in Mario Kart?.......More guest characters in Mario Kart?........*Rosalina banner pops up*..Wahtthefukisthat?.....Smash Bros? Smash Bros!? SMASH BROS!!!!!!!!!

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Why is it so hard for Nintendo to give us a release date for Kart besides Spring? Guess Smash really isn't coming till late next year. Time to jump off that train onto the Mario Kart hype train.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Such a meh-worthy character choice.

Rosalina is only just now barely relevant outside of the Galaxy series. Toad and Bowser Jr. deserved it so much more. Even though I hate Bowser Jr.

Oh please don't waste any more slots on undeserving characters, Sakurai.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I was honestly more excited when I thought Kirby was about to join the cast of Mariokart

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Where've you been? Toad was even shown as a meat shield again today, that dude was pretty much deconfirmed awhile back. Jr. on the other hand is probably screwed now cuz I really doubt 6 Mario characters.

It's unfortunate, but if had to be anybody but Jr., Rosalina would've been my preferred 2nd, and I can't believe she is actually in the game!
Just saying that to the people who had a shred of hope left, i already knew he wouldn't change his mind.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Rosalina looks so good. Man, Sakurai did a fantastic job picking her. Her gameplay looks so interesting. I swear I saw some juggles there. If he keeps this up with the newcomers, I'm going to be a happy man.

And no Waluigi!!!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Wasn't expecting Rosalina & Luma. She looks fun as hell.

I was expecting a Rainbow Road stage reveal as well. There probably will be though, from the amount of effort Sakurai put into making that hot trailer (and the Rainbow Road setting.)

Sakurai, you did it again.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Rosalina is only just now barely relevant outside of the Galaxy series. Toad and Bowser Jr. deserved it so much more. Even though I hate Bowser Jr.

Sakurai the unpredictable strikes again.

Thinking logically won't help you now.

Just wait 'till Cranky Kong gets in as the third DK slot and Dedenne gets in as the Pokemon newcomer.

-----

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I didn't even really want Rosalina, but that trailer makes me want to main her

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sakurai the unpredictable strikes again.

Thinking logically won't help you now.

Just wait 'till Cranky Kong gets in as the third DK slot and Dedenne gets in as the Pokemon newcomer.

-----
And then Ghirahim will replace Ganondorf?

Sakurai is off his rocker. Doesn't care about which characters actually deserve it anymore. =(

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

To be fair she is playable in Super Mario 3D World and is quickly becoming the next mainstream Mario character…Basically everyone will know her now and she'll likely appear in more games in the future.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wow 65 users and 111 guests

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
That scene where Villager is trying to capture the Luma with his net is both adorable and creepy. What is that little sh*t planning...

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I would have been a bit more hyped about Kirby being in Mario Kart. I miss Kirby Air Ride.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ah. I love when people get butthurt and bring up ''relevancy" if Nintendo didn't care about Rosalina she wouldn't be consistently in Mario Kart. Nor the unlockable character in the main Mario game out for the holidays right now.

Stay pressed haters. I mean I wanted other Mario characters too, but jesus, Rosalina is perfectly relevant and she looks to be unique. You guys are just way too hard to please is all.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And then Ghirahim will replace Ganondorf?

Sakurai is off his rocker. Doesn't care about which characters actually deserve it anymore. =(
She's been in three mainline Mario titles (playable in the latest), has been in three Kart games, and makes a cameo appearance in the latest Mario Party; but above all, she actually looks fun to play as, and at the end of the day, that is the only metric that matters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
To be fair she is playable in Super Mario 3D World and is quickly becoming the next mainstream Mario character…Basically everyone will know her now and she'll likely appear in more games in the future.
Super Mario 3D World is the FIRST example of her outside of the Galaxy series. She hasn't established herself anywhere near as much as some other Mario characters that she got chosen over.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Super Mario 3D World is the FIRST example of her outside of the Galaxy series. She hasn't established herself anywhere near as much as some other Mario characters that she got chosen over.
Rosalina is in Mario Kart Wii, 7 and now 8

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nintendo uploaded all the Direct stuff on youtube just now

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Nintendo sure sucks when it comes release date. No date for Kirby, Mario Kart gets a generic Spring and nothing on Smash.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Keeping in mind her first game was SMG, which is only 6 years old now. Appearing in 3 main games, and being playable in 3 Mario Karts now doesn't mean she isn't relevant anymore. She's still pretty popular, to Nintendo at least.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The official Smash Bros. has been updated with her profile and a new picture of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom