• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Coming On June 11th.Count Down Thread Day 00

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that Smash 4 won't be unveiled for that hour long Nintendo Direct on June 11. I think Smash 4 will be getting its own Nintendo Direct later that week. As Sakurai has said before, he is going to have us wait just a bit longer.

Sakurai: *laughs :troll:

Brawl was not unveiled at the same time as the rest of the Wii's lineup at E3 2006, so I am a bit skeptical as to whether Smash 4 will be there at the same time as the other software, especially considering there is a lot more to talk about in relation to Smash 4.

Its going to be amusing this site's (and especially other places) reaction if Smash 4 is not shown during that Nintendo Direct.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I have a feeling that Smash 4 won't be unveiled for that hour long Nintendo Direct on June 11. I think Smash 4 will be getting its own Nintendo Direct later that week. As Sakurai has said before, he is going to have us wait just a bit longer.

Sakurai: *laughs

Brawl was not unveiled at the same time as the rest of the Wii's lineup at E3 2006, so I am a bit skeptical as to whether Smash 4 will be there at the same time as the other software, especially considering there is a lot more to talk about in relation to Smash 4.

Its going to be amusing this site's (and especially other places) reaction if Smash 4 is not shown during that Nintendo Direct.
That would be weird considering Nintendo themselves stated that Smash 4 would be shown on the E3 Nintendo Direct.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That would be weird considering Nintendo themselves stated that Smash 4 would be shown on the E3 Nintendo Direct.
NOA said that. And we all know how much Nintendo HQ keeps NOA in the dark. All I am saying is, don't be surprised if Sakurai has us wait just a bit longer. :troll:

Personally, I rather would see Smash 4 as soon as possible. However, I am just going by what happened in the past, and how much ground there would have to be covered in a hour long Direct (not just Nintendo's own software, announced and unannounced, but also third-party stuff). I would not be surprised if Nintendo had a multitude of Nintendo Directs planned during the week of E3 each one with a different focus. Its already been confirmed that there is going to be one specifically about Pokemon X/Y.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
NOA said that. And we all know how much Nintendo HQ keeps NOA in the dark. All I am saying is, don't be surprised if Sakurai has us wait just a bit longer. :troll:

Personally, I rather would see Smash 4 as soon as possible. However, I am just going by what happened in the past, and how much ground there would have to be covered in a hour long Direct (not just Nintendo's own software, announced and unannounced, but also third-party stuff). I would not be surprised if Nintendo had a multitude of Nintendo Directs planned during the week of E3 each one with a different focus. Its already been confirmed that there is going to be one specifically about Pokemon X/Y.
I believe I recall reading somewhere that Nintendo would like to have a number of Directs throughout E3, instead of just having the one. I'll see if I can find the source.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I could see them only showing "screenshots" in the next Direct, they like said they would, leaving everybody upset, but actually saving the trailer until near the end of E3. That's something I wouldn't put past Sakurai. :troll:

Ofc I just want as much information as soon as possible, so if they only showed screenies in the next Direct, I would definitely be one of those upset people. :laugh:

I believe I recall reading somewhere that Nintendo would like to have a number of Directs throughout E3, instead of just having the one. I'll see if I can find the source.
Chances are it was that Nintendo E3 schedule rumor, because IIRC the only Directs that have been confirmed are the one on the 11th and the X/Y one.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Sakurai: *laughs :troll:

@NintendoAmerica
#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros., 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles in our #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3
Considering NoA prefaced their tweet with the hashtag "Iwata says" is a pretty good indicator that tweet was not just someone speaking off the cuff. The whole purpose of the Nintendo Direct on the 11th is to lay out future titles for the Wii U. There is no point in giving Super Smash Bros its own Direct if all they are going to do is talk about it for a couple of minutes and show a trailer. We'll still have interviews and other media being published through out the week to view.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nintendo is updating their countdown page with character silhouettes pertaining to the games that will be shown: http://e3.nintendo.com/

Here are those seen right now:

Considering the Wonderful 101 dude is featured among the likes of Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Link, and Pikmin, I'd say there's a fair chance he'll end up in Smash Bros. Also, didn't even think about it til now, but whether or not we see Olimar, Charlie, Brittany, or Alph as playable representatives, they'll probably have the winged and rock Pikmin at their disposal.

Edit: Also, doesnt it seem like that red Wonderful 101 guy was inspired by the Viewtiful Joe Captain Falcon hack?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Edit: Also, doesnt it seem like that red Wonderful 101 guy was inspired by the Viewtiful Joe Captain Falcon hack?
Well, The Wonderful 101 is made by the same people who did the Viewtiful Joe series so it's not all that surprising.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I did not realize that; makes perfect sense. I wonder how many game developers make design decisions with Smash Bros. potentiality in mind?

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Looks like namco bandai sent out an ad looking to hire around 19 people to work on smash bros 4 and the next gundam vs game

Namco Bandai Hires for development
My Japanese needs to be atleast level N2 (of the JLPT exam) before I could do this, I'm still studying for N4 though lol. Nice find though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
7 days... 7 days... and we'll all die...

From being exposed to too much epicness that is Smash4 stuff from that Nintendo Direct.

Cookies to all who get the reference!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I genuinely think I'm going to have a heart attack before this thing happens lol it's a week away and I am super pumped about it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A week?!

My god, those 4 months sure flew by FAST. Whoa. NOW STRAP IN AND FEEL THE G's!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shades:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I can't believe we are only a week away, This is getting pretty exciting.

I hope Sakurai blows us away with whatever he wants to show us in terms of smash. I'm also looking forward to Wind Waker HD and Mario U and Mario Kart U and anything else they want to show us of course.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now half a dozen days in the East Coast. Strange how I'm from the west saying this, but nothing wrong with the hype.

Needs more epic Kid Icarus goodness there.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I think it represents Luigi U but it's actually taken directly from the cover of New Super Mario Bros. U.
Nah, thanks for the response, but that's definitely Luigi. He's taller and didn't open his hand like Mario did. I looked it up and I was right: New Super Luigi U.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah you're right, I knew it was Luigi but I thought that was from the cover of NSMBU. Instead he's with the Yoshi-balloon

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
You guys better not drop the ball after all this counting down, I expect every pixel of information revealed to be in here or I will have to confiscate all your internets. :grin:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Thank God I'm done with exams, there are many games that will keep me busy until E3 :p

Top Bottom