• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

finalark

SNORLAX
I started replying Snake Eater via MGS3D. It has some of the strangest controls I've ever seen and I really wish I could change them.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
So who's getting Animal Crossing? It's sad how impatient I am for this game.
Yes D:

Why do they have it on the eShop as if it's ready to download? God how I wish someone would accidentally release the game a month ahead or anytime this week. Push that damn button... AC New Leaf was my most anticipated game for 3DS and it's right around the corner. I'm going to feel bad for my life when that game rolls on out. I'll be downloading it at midnight and will be playing it in the morning after :)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I won't be getting it until Friday (probably Thursday because shipping is always early for me)
SOoooooo tempted to buy it eShop, but I want the physical copy.

I should think of a nice town name until then.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I started replying Snake Eater via MGS3D. It has some of the strangest controls I've ever seen and I really wish I could change them.
Get a Circle Pad Pro if you want the best experience with MGS3D. It fixes a lot of the problems of the original. (MGS3 has outdated controls now, and the HD version didn't even attempt to fix it.)

All in all, MGS3D is one of those games that takes advantage of as many features that the 3DS has.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So who's getting Animal Crossing? It's sad how impatient I am for this game.
Is it really that "sad"? We've been waiting for this game for ages. And it's been made all of the more annoying by Nintendo treating it like it was going to be released soon, and then at the next conference it not showing up at all and instead being replaced by one of the thousand Mario games Nintendo has recently pulled out of their behinds.

I like Mario, but by the time New Super Mario Bros. was announced like two years after Animal Crossing, and was released before AC even had a release date, I was done being nice.

And then the game finally comes out in Japan, but, for no reason (note: CF was released in America slightly before it was released in Japan), gets delayed in the West for seven months.

I know, I know, the game's finally coming out. But honestly, the seven month wait after it came out in Japan (meaning we kind of know everything now) may have just killed it for me. It looks like an amazing game, but they just paced its release terribly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just beat every stage in Super Mario 3D Land with both Mario/Luigi, got a golden flag on each stage, got all the non-Street Pass Golden Coins, and I maxed out my lives. It feels real good to 100% something.

SuperMarioKarter

Smash Rookie
Is it really that "sad"? We've been waiting for this game for ages. And it's been made all of the more annoying by Nintendo treating it like it was going to be released soon, and then at the next conference it not showing up at all and instead being replaced by one of the thousand Mario games Nintendo has recently pulled out of their behinds.

I like Mario, but by the time New Super Mario Bros. was announced like two years after Animal Crossing, and was released before AC even had a release date, I was done being nice.

And then the game finally comes out in Japan, but, for no reason (note: CF was released in America slightly before it was released in Japan), gets delayed in the West for seven months.

I know, I know, the game's finally coming out. But honestly, the seven month wait after it came out in Japan (meaning we kind of know everything now) may have just killed it for me. It looks like an amazing game, but they just paced its release terribly.
I agree that they could've got it out earlier (they didn't actually start translating until March 2012), but you have to remember the huge amount of dialogue and other text to translate. It's a ridiculously complex game to localize.

Also the reason for CF's short gap is because most of its content was recycled from WW, it's practically a straight port. Part of the reason I'm looking forward to NL so much is because CF was so phoned-in.

ndayday

BRoomer
Just beat every stage in Super Mario 3D Land with both Mario/Luigi, got a golden flag on each stage, got all the non-Street Pass Golden Coins, and I maxed out my lives. It feels real good to 100% something.
That's the easiest game to 100% ever.
It's so fun though for some reason. When I was playing it a lot I even tried a no-hit run.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I just noticed the Oracle games are on the eShop.

Even though I still have those old clear cartridges, I bought them right away, so much nostalgia.

They both cost $4.99 until 6/20, then I believe they will be $5.99.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ooh, definite buy. I loved those games, but didn't appreciate them back then

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This is my first time playing these Zelda games (now all I need is to play The Wind Waker & Four Swords Adventures and I've played all of them) I'm enjoying Ages a lot so far and I won't start on Seasons until I'm done with Ages (I'm playing Ages first because on Nintendo Power's Top 200 games back in 2006 Season was ranked higher than Ages and want to play the best for last).

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I liked Ages more personally, I prefer the focus on puzzles and how it used time travel.

Seasons has better weapons though.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
It's going to be the first time I've ever played Seasons, so I can't wait to finish Ages to get to work on that. Then there's Animal Crossing next week and Project X Zone later this month <3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm playing Seasons first, because I had ages back in the day.

My brother had seasons and I never played it

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
My friend told me that I should've played Seasons first because the story flows better that way. Doesn't matter either way.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My friend told me that I should've played Seasons first because the story flows better that way. Doesn't matter either way.
Yup, the official order is Seasons first then Ages. Also unrelated, but, Ages is also more difficult than Seasons which works out.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Reaching the true ending requires both playthroughs, so it's recommended (especially since it's on sale).
And if you're a completionist, you'll need to beat each game twice.

ndayday

BRoomer
It's definitely worth it, I really like it.

Guys, we'll go to eachothers Animal Crossing towns right

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yup, the official order is Seasons first then Ages. Also unrelated, but, Ages is also more difficult than Seasons which works out.

Yeah, Seasons is more action oriented and Ages focuses on complex dungeons. But I'll truck on through with Ages first and enjoy Seasons thereafter.

I wish Nintendo would make another set of Zelda games like these for 3DS.

It's definitely worth it, I really like it.

Guys, we'll go to eachothers Animal Crossing towns right

I probably won't have my town open to the public for the first week just to get things set up for my town, but feel free to add me. PM me if you want my code.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TBH I just don't like how Project X Zone looks.

Not to mention it doesn't have classic Mega Man and Sonic in it, even though it has Capcom and SEGA

finalark

SNORLAX

Not to mention it doesn't have classic Mega Man and Sonic in it, even though it has Capcom and SEGA

I think that's because they want to promote their franchises outside of their mascot's.

For Capcom, this is dumb. Since people want to see Mega Man games but LOLNOPE.

For SEGA, this is smart but they have the problem of nobody giving a damn about their franchises outside of Sonic.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

Roc's Cape, MIRITE? I kinda missed it in Ages the first time around as a kid. But thinking about it?

I'm looking forward to playing it the "proper" way around. It almost makes me think of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask respectively. First game was straightforward and while dark at times, had an easy enough quest. Majora's Mask and Oracle of Ages? Dark undertones, lots of dealing with possession and time-altering events and the stakes feel so high if things were left alone. At least that's my take on the matter.

I just started up Seasons again. And losing Din kindasorta sucked, but losing Nayru in Oracle of Ages had more impact to me. Everyone with Din's troupe really appreciated her, certainly, but there was something about the way that Ralph just cried out for Nayru with that somber 8-bit tune in the background that got me into the tale. It gave me the same feeling that I got when I played Skyward Sword years later.

Oracle of Ages: I want to save Nayru.
Skyward Sword: I want to save Zelda.

Oracle of Seasons has me more focused on wanting to challenge Onox while saving Din is a perk (I still like Din, but either way)
Playing both, I had more of an emotional attachment to the characters in Ages.

tl;dr

Thank you, Nintendo. For re-releasing these games so I can relive my imagination and being a kid again.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Currently, I'm looking forward to Project X Zone and I have yet to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Will also want to try both Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. I never had the chance to play these on my GBC along with Link's Awakening, but thankfully the VC exists nowadays. I really liked Link's Awakening.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's the easiest game to 100% ever.
It's so fun though for some reason. When I was playing it a lot I even tried a no-hit run.
:mad088:

Personally I plan on instantly picking it up, still have some Christmas gift cards to use.

They probably wanted to go with a more RPG and fighting game feel to it which Mega Man/Sonic/Pac Man don't really meet, am definitely surprised they didn't get any in cameos though. Speaking of RPGs I'm even more surprised SEGA didn't use anyone from the Phantasy Star series.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Currently, I'm looking forward to Project X Zone and I have yet to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening.
I haven't seen anybody who's hated FE Awakening yet. In fact, everybody that I've talked to that has game says its totally worth it. And that's like twenty-two people. Get it dood.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I respect that PXZ didn't use Sonic and even NXC used lesser used Mega Man incarnations in their game. The roster is made for hardcore fans of the series by sneaking in underrated characters.

Sonic's also not in it because they wanted the roster to be humanoid characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I haven't seen anybody who's hated FE Awakening yet. In fact, everybody that I've talked to that has game says its totally worth it. And that's like twenty-two people. Get it dood.
Yeah, I know. I have been trying to get it, but it's always sold out... ;_;

Though, it's been a while since I last went to the game store... It can't be helped, since that I have been busy lately with exams and projects.

On PXZ, that's what I also think. They chose humanoid characters for the cast, which explains the absence of Sonic and Pac-Man, though classic Mega Man would qualify as humanoid and we have X who's recognizable as well.

I've played the first demo and the gameplay is unlike anything I've ever played, but it's good and enjoyable.

The fights are completely flashy and over-the-top, which isn't a bad thing either. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I know. I have been trying to get it, but it's always sold out... ;_;

Though, it's been a while since I last went to the game store... It can't be helped, since that I have been busy lately with exams and projects.

On PXZ, that's what I also think. They chose humanoid characters for the cast, which explains the absence of Sonic and Pac-Man, though classic Mega Man would qualify as humanoid and we have X who's recognizable as well.

I've played the first demo and the gameplay is unlike anything I've ever played, but it's good and enjoyable.

The fights are completely flashy and over-the-top, which isn't a bad thing either. :laugh:
Sonic IS a humanoid

Top Bottom