• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Presents: The Smush Room - Melee/Mvc3

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Options to solve the controller dilemma:
1 - buy a stick
2 - buy a fightpad
3 - buy a $20 converter off of ebay for your controller.

Also the 360 version of the game is far superior to the PS3 version right now. PS3 randomly drops frames, it could possibly be patched but why play a buggy version of the game if you don't have to?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
define "drop frames"

also, i thought sticks/fight pads could only connect to EITHER ps3 OR xbox and it was really expensive to buy one that worked for both

also, the 20$ converter sounds cool

Izek

Smash Cadet
alrite our names are on the list :D.... yeh me and reis most likely coming to this tourney :D.. OH and Jack rematch?? hehe FALCO DITTOS

Izek

Smash Cadet
haha sure, if i come... which i'm not toooo sure about just yet lol

if so tho, yes, rematch. i'd like to rematch reis too =) his marth was really fun
ya ya for sure.. you better come u got pound 5 training :p.... but me and reis are training so it will be fun matches

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
define "drop frames"

also, i thought sticks/fight pads could only connect to EITHER ps3 OR xbox and it was really expensive to buy one that worked for both
1. Actually my previous info was wrong, testing that was posted today shows the 360 actually has bigger problems with framerate and screen tearing. The PS3 has more input delay though.

http://shoryuken.com/f340/mvc3-console-differences-267416/

2. You can mod any stick pretty easily (or pay to get it done) to work cross-platform. There's a guy in the GTA on SRK who does modding but I can't remember his name right now.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
SSFIV had the same issues. I find it really weird how they can let something like input delay problems slip on PS3 but not 360 when they're a Japanese company and PS3 sales blow 360 sales out of the water in Japan (by about 6 times).

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
ya ya for sure.. you better come u got pound 5 training :p.... but me and reis are training so it will be fun matches
in my honest honest opinion, going to american tourneys, FOR ME at least, doesn't really get me better, but only raises my confidence in playing and anticamping. i still get ***** by top players, and i don't know, i just suck lol. i'll try to look like i've improved tho lol

1. Actually my previous info was wrong, testing that was posted today shows the 360 actually has bigger problems with framerate and screen tearing. The PS3 has more input delay though.

http://shoryuken.com/f340/mvc3-console-differences-267416/

2. You can mod any stick pretty easily (or pay to get it done) to work cross-platform. There's a guy in the GTA on SRK who does modding but I can't remember his name right now.
1. yeah, i knew about that i think. it sucks, but w/e. how bad is it exactly?

2. i do intend on investing in a stick in the near future, too.

also, I'm hoping Team SASF can make a comeback at this. LOL.

Josh let's team and ACTUALLY practise LOL

edit: i'm aware that the link says avg 5 frames input lag but i've never really played mvc so how bad is it to a noob? lol i'd imagine top levell play would be bad itd be like waveshining on a laggy tv lol

i also dont kno moveset timing since i've only played it once and obv didn't notice lol

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
edit: i'm aware that the link says avg 5 frames input lag but i've never really played mvc so how bad is it to a noob? lol i'd imagine top levell play would be bad itd be like waveshining on a laggy tv lol
Every game on every platform has some input delay, even Melee. The thing is that when the delay is consistent it's not an issue because that's the timing that everyone gets used to. Inconsistencies is input delay are what will make you drop a 1-frame link, but to be honest the inconsistencies in MvC3 aren't nearly as bad as they are in SSFIV.

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah, who's free for teams?

ministry if you don't want to team again i'll understand lol =P you usually team with camilo anyway.

oh, tect, if you're still coming, wanna team? i play jigglypuff and she's kind of broken in teams...

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
oh yeah, who's free for teams?

ministry if you don't want to team again i'll understand lol =P you usually team with camilo anyway.

oh, tect, if you're still coming, wanna team? i play jigglypuff and she's kind of broken in teams...
if josh doens't want to team (which i'd understand lol) we can team :)

i enjoyed peach/puff at apex with kurtis lol

Nightmare.

Smash Cadet
I got some bad news guys I need to take my college assessment test on march ****ing 19 ..which is the same day as the tourny so I have to change the date. : ( either that or just cancel the tourny... I want to do it during march break don't kno what day though.. maybe the weekend right before? Let me knoww

Barrier

Smash Cadet
You should probably update the OP now.

March Break tournament sounds ****. Hope it goes down.

Izek

Smash Cadet
also, I'm hoping Team SASF can make a comeback at this. LOL.

Josh let's team and ACTUALLY practise LOL

OMG :D SAUGA REP VS SASF REMATCH :D

Barrier

Smash Cadet
Andy is going to be there?

I haven't seen that cat in forever.

Nightmare.

Smash Cadet
**** :( don'T think i have a choice. Alsoooo if i don't host mvc3 side tourny ill still prob hav a setup. 4 it

Windrose

Smash Lord
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Wait, what about March 20th? =( or March 18...

Nightmare.

Smash Cadet
Cant march 20th and march 18 ill have 2 study 4 my test.. If alot of ppl rlly want me 2 change i can make it during the weekday or maybe sunday march 13 .

Sanu

Smash Champion
can't make it during the weekend of the 12th, hope you guys have fun

idea

Smash Master
yeah, the reason i (probably) can't come is that i have two essays due on the 17th/18th. and losing that weekend leaves me little time to do both.

Nightmare.

Smash Cadet
OKAY ATTENTION EVERYONE! THIS TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. -__-

I'll try to figure out a date sometime in April probably..

Top Bottom