• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nicknyte talks about Luigi: The Thread - Luigi Discussion

Rep

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking... If you're on the ground shielding and falco does a well-spaced fade-away bair, wouldn't the only guaranteed option be to down-b out of shield? I hate those spaced fadeaway bairs.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I'm pretty sure down B oos isn't guaranteed, though it might surprise them. 5 frames to jump + 6 frame startup + you have to start moving.

Falco's spaced AC bair on shield is unpunishable, and yea, it sucks. But shielding is just bad in general vs. Falco (though often times necessary). At least when he does that he's not putting any real pressure on you, and you can escape.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
a lot of players try to punish anything and everything. sometimes you have to realize when you can't punish something and just be happy you're no longer being shield pressured lol

Winston

Smash Master
^ Yea.

Also I'd like to revise what I said; Falco's AC bair isn't punishable directly, but you can try to predict his next move after it and punish that. For example, if you think he'll do another one immediately, you can do a short wd oos backwards to avoid the second one, then walk forward and space a dsmash. If you think he'll laser or approach with an aerial after it you can aerial oos, etc.

Winston

Smash Master
- rising nair onto a platform during a combo. Do it a little early and rise so you hit with the weak part, and if they go straight up, you can directly combo into an up B.

- platform techchase. The platform will cut off their tech rolls, so you can run over and up B. If you have good reaction time you can react to tech in place as well, but it's harder.

- regular techchases. A common setup for this is ftilt, either pakman-style where you slide forward and end up on top of them and up B their missed tech, or if you knock them towards the edge and bait them into rolling towards you (jigglypuff style).

- jab reset on Captain Falcon. If he doesn't SDI or ASDI the jab up, then the jab will force him to do a neutral standup.

- up B oos, usually vs. Peach, Sheik, Samus, or spacies' dash attacks. You could use this on spacies' aerials if they do an early aerial on shield also.

- uthrow -> up B on Fox at ~90 or so (after the throw). Only works if they don't DI.

Top Bottom