• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I just hope it isnt music or some hard to complete collectable. I dont want another case of smash bros brawl´s collectable madness in my hands.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"we're not satan" lol wut, what's their problem with unlockable fighters? That's like, literally a core trope of fighting games since the nineties.
I think they're thinking from a tournament perspective. Having to spend hours and hours unlocking every character and legal stage would be a pain in the ass for people who want their systems to be tournament-ready.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
"we're not satan" lol wut, what's their problem with unlockable fighters? That's like, literally a core trope of fighting games since the nineties.
Maybe they got traumatized with unlocking all fighters in Ultimate, if i remember that game had hard AI for the unlockable characters, so much so that they had to nerf the AI in future patches.

That, and in general the idea of unlocking all characters in fighting games is becoming more and more rare, hell i think Smash is the only one that does it nowadays on a major degree.

Last edited:
Maybe they got traumatized with unlocking all fighters in Ultimate, if i remember that game had hard AI for the unlockable characters, so much so that they had to nerf the AI in future patches.

That, and in general the idea of unlocking all characters in fighting games is becoming more and more rare, hell i think Smash is the only one that does it nowadays on a major degree.
It's less of that and more of the fact that unlocking important content is a huge pain for a game that wants to be competitive.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think they're thinking from a tournament perspective. Having to spend hours and hours unlocking every character and legal stage would be a pain in the ass for people who want their systems to be tournament-ready.
I never really got this mindset. If you want to give people the option to have a tournament-ready game, why not make a code for that? Like a cheat code only you disclose it. Or just put an option in the settings to auto-unlock everything.

I always felt like unlockables encourage people to try out new stuff and they also increase a game's single-player value so I wouldn't like them to go away just to please the competitive audience which is, frankly, a minority.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I never really got this mindset. If you want to give people the option to have a tournament-ready game, why not make a code for that? Like a cheat code only you disclose it. Or just put an option in the settings to auto-unlock everything.

I always felt like unlockables encourage people to try out new stuff and they also increase a game's single-player value so I wouldn't like them to go away just to please the competitive audience which is, frankly, a minority.
I think that this game is trying too hard to please the competitive fighting game community.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
This reminds me of the Arms debate. Where getting each arm from every fighter took quite a while but it was also rather important to have them for the depth and strategy that having them offered to players. There was a debate of whether they should be banned like it was done with custom moves for smash with arguments in favor and against it. It is commonly cited as one of the reasons that prevented the series from building a healthy competitive scene.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 327667

I remember a while back I originally said the reason all 4 TMNT weren't in the initial trailer was because either they were using radically different designs from the 87 turtles, or they're just not in (I came to this conclusion because with the first trailer being an earlier build and all 4 TMNT most likely sharing very similar models, they likely would've already been completed by the time that trailer dropped, and thus, would've all been shown off) Combine this with these sais', and yeah, I'd say the writings on the wall

just Leo and Mikey as far as the turtles go. now it's April vs Shredder vs Neither
I've mostly been just wanting April and Shredder for TMNT anyway, so that works out for me. TMNT purists are likely to feel like thus towards Nick though.

View attachment 327660View attachment 327661
figured this was worth sharing, seems like all characters and stages will be unlocked from the start
What on Earth would you even unlock, All-Star equivalent?

I like unlocking things, so I can't say this increases much replay value.

Last edited:
I've mostly been just wanting April and Shredder for TMNT anyway, so that works out for me. TMNT purists are likely to feel like thus towards Nick though.

What on Earth would you even unlock, All-Star equivalent?

I like unlocking things, so I can't say this increases much replay value.
The sais don't even belong to Raphael, that was debunked already. It belongs to the Foot Soldier.

Minority or no, this is what the game blatantly wanted to be. A competitive focused game with aspects of casual stuff for people. There's already confirmed to still be unlockables, just not Smash's style where characters and stages have to be unlocked.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
"Ahh, in that case, Jellyfish Fields must be Spunch Bop's, Glove World is Pot Rice's, and the Dutchman's Ship must be Sundial's."

...But that doesn't make sense; Sandy has nothing to do with the Flying Dutchman.
This is 100% looking way too deep into things, but there was that one Dutchman's Graveyard stage in BfBB that heavily featured Sandy.

I'm totally not just bringing this up because I want the music in Nick Brawl.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yay, April is playable in Shredder's Revenge! I wasn't sure if she'd be shown off first or not. :tomnook:

Also, pizza revival in co-op.

Bad news is that the game's been moved to 2022, but that makes sense since the anniversary of the cartoon is in that date (I called it all along pretty much).

Pray that this doesn't happen to NASB as well because of the above.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, with tomorrow being the next update for the game, I'm hoping that, regardless of how they're presented in the game, that Ren & Stimpy are revealed tomorrow just so we can be sure how many of the supposed 8 remaining fighters we don't know (3 if the two are completely separate, 4 if they aren't or are connected via a swap mechanic).

Also, do you guys think we'll be getting a proper release date tomorrow?

Also also:

Bad news is that the game's been moved to 2022, but that makes sense since the anniversary of the cartoon is in that date (I called it all along pretty much).

...I don't really understand why the anniversary of the original Ninja Turtles cartoon would impact All-Star Brawl at all. They clearly said it'd be a Fall 2021 release, so I'm expecting a Fall 2021 release.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, with tomorrow being the next update for the game, I'm hoping that, regardless of how they're presented in the game, that Ren & Stimpy are revealed tomorrow just so we can be sure how many of the supposed 8 remaining fighters we don't know (3 if the two are completely separate, 4 if they aren't or are connected via a swap mechanic).

Also, do you guys think we'll be getting a proper release date tomorrow?

Also also:

...I don't really understand why the anniversary of the original Ninja Turtles cartoon would impact All-Star Brawl at all. They clearly said it'd be a Fall 2021 release, so I'm expecting a Fall 2021 release.
I thought it'd be 2021 in the end for Shredder's Revenge, and look where that got me. Just saying to be ready for anything if the devs still want to have time to make sure the game's done right.

As for the NASB release date, I'm not holding my breath on that one, seeing as they most likely will just announce the two characters. Maybe once we get closer to the finish line of November/early December depending on region.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yay, April is playable in Shredder's Revenge! I wasn't sure if she'd be shown off first or not. :tomnook:

Also, pizza revival in co-op.

You forgot the best (or worst depending on who you are) part: her baggy pants are higher up in Shredder’s Revenge, which was the main point people had against her before. I think Leg Girl is a wrap

0D60A3A1-CA0B-4B17-903C-4A22FFFE7538.jpeg

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You forgot the best (or worst depending on who you are) part: her baggy pants are higher up in Shredder’s Revenge, which was the main point people had against her before. I think Leg Girl is a wrap

View attachment 327718
Leg girl wears short shoes with flat heels, April has long boots with high heels. Leg girl wears shorts and has an exposed leg, April does not

Not to be arrogant, but it's Dora. These conspiracy theories are getting out of hand.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Leg girl wears short shoes with flat heels, April has long boots with high heels. Leg girl wears shorts and has an exposed leg, April does not

Not to be arrogant, but it's Dora. These conspiracy theories are getting out of hand.
1629927497641.png
1629927584333.png

not made by me but like idk man, the baggy pants don't make sense for Dora, and since we've seen Leo we know that's part of leg girl now

plus I think people are forgetting that boxart characters, especially when done in the style this one is, aren't picture perfect most of the time. Example: literally anytime Jimmy Neutron has been on a cover for these games

Last edited:
View attachment 327721View attachment 327722

not made by me but like idk man, the baggy pants don't make sense for Dora, and since we've seen Leo we know that's part of leg girl now

plus I think people are forgetting that boxart characters, especially when done in the style this one is, aren't picture perfect most of the time. Example: literally anytime Jimmy Neutron has been on a cover for these games
The other characters we've saw for this game's front cover matched, this hypothetic "leg girl" doesn't if it's supposed to be April.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
At least Dora is the kind of character you would put on the cover if you weren't intending to put the entire roster on the cover, considering that she is one of the two faces of the Nick Jr. brand (Blue is the other one).
Animated Dora is.

Live-Action Dora, not so much.

And that doesn't change how much she would clash with the other characters.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I took photos of April in the new Shredder Revenge trailer and lined them up next to the mystery girl
View attachment 327734
View attachment 327735
Thoughts?
The top of the hair doesn't match up. Even if the tuft is merging with Patrick, leg girl has a distinctive symmetrical and low bump in her hair, April has a high bump that goes to the left.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
But the Avatar characters don't?

Anyway, Dora has such a distinctive colour scheme and outfit that even in live action and aged up she's instantly recognisable.
No they don't, because they were designed as cartoons who have potential for movesets that make sense for them.

Live-Action Dora doesn't have that.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The live action Dora argument falls apart for me when you remember there's a scene where the characters are animated.

So if they were to put the movie version of Dora in, they could easily use this design.... which doesn't match up with the leg on the box art.

1629930629079.png
1629930656856.png

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The live action Dora argument falls apart for me when you remember there's a scene where the characters are animated.

So if they were to put the movie version of Dora in, they could easily use this design.... which doesn't match up with the leg on the box art.

View attachment 327744View attachment 327745
That isn't the live action Dora though, that's Nick Jr. Dora with very slight adjustments to resemble LA Dora a little better - which, if used in a context other than LA Dora having a hallucination, would just come off as an off-model NJ Dora.

Top Bottom