• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Some character URLs have been datamined from NASB2's site

...Helga?(in case you're wondering, it goes to a page made for Reptar)
oh and the Helga/Reptar page has this
Have you checked if this is an NASB2 pic yet? If so, that confirms that Mikey is back, which probably means that Leo's back too. It's basically now confirmed that we're not losing all of the missing 11 characters.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, this is interesting.

I also recently had a thought: if there are some returning veterans that haven't been seen in any gameplay (which this datamine seems to suggest), do you think the reason they aren't on the leaked image is because they're possibly unlockables?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I also recently had a thought: if there are some returning veterans that haven't been seen in any gameplay (which this datamine seems to suggest), do you think the reason they aren't on the leaked image is because they're possibly unlockables?
I don't think that they would make Lincoln unlockable.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Is there any indication there's gonna even be unlockable characters?
That was just a thought on my part. As far as I know, unlockable characters haven't been confirmed.

Also, I checked, and I think that image is from NASB1; the details match that version of the stage rather than the one seen during the Patrick showcase. Not to mention it's missing the grass seen in the sequel's version.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I wouldn't expect unlockables unless Vlad's playable.

Outside of, like, Smash and Mortal Kombat, unlockables in fighting games have gone the way of the dodo to makes things easier for tournament organizers, and even in MK's case it's usually just a single character you get after reaching a certain point in story mode.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I wouldn't expect unlockables unless Vlad's playable.

Outside of, like, Smash and Mortal Kombat, unlockables in fighting games have gone the way of the dodo to makes things easier for tournament organizers, and even in MK's case it's usually just a single character you get after reaching a certain point in story mode.
As I've mentioned before, they can just put in a code in order to unlock everything until that session ends in order to allow organizers to make it easier.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Have you checked if this is an NASB2 pic yet? If so, that confirms that Mikey is back, which probably means that Leo's back too. It's basically now confirmed that we're not losing all of the missing 11 characters.
For me it looks like this is Nasb 1 because SpongeBob looks like Nasb 1 models and colors but I could be wrong because they're fairly similar.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Some character URLs have been datamined from NASB2's site

...Helga?(in case you're wondering, it goes to a page made for Reptar)
oh and the Helga/Reptar page has this
Important to note is that on Helga’s page specifically are the phrases “Shove It!” and “Kick It!

Here’s the direct link for anyone that wants to take a gander:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Important to note is that on Helga’s page specifically are the phrases “Shove It!” and “Kick It!

Here’s the direct link for anyone that wants to take a gander:
The third one's gotta be "Move it, Bucko!"

But yeah, "Shove It" and "Kick it" do sound pretty specific to Helga. If this is indeed what we think it is, I'm relieved she isn't cut.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The third one's gotta be "Move it, Bucko!"

But yeah, "Shove It" and "Kick it" do sound pretty specific to Helga. If this is indeed what we think it is, I'm relieved she isn't cut.
Yep. It's as close to confirmed that we aren't losing all the missing veterans.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It shows that we could at least be getting everyone back that was in the NASB1 portion of the trailer. Hopefully we get more discoveries soon.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

That's my theory too, especially with the emphasis on a new story mode.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If all the characters who are in the NASB1 portion return, plus Hugh, that really only leaves four characters fates unaccounted for... Unfortunately, three of those four were characters I really didn't want to lose.

...idk, maybe it's copium but maybe their won't be cuts after all, or maybe it'll be just Shredder? I just feel like Ludosity wouldn't want to cut some of their weird picks (and CatDog) in order to appease a roster they would likely describe as more predictable.

If there truly are only four cut characters, I'd be totally fine with them being sold as DLC just to get everyone back, especially since there's possibly multiple seasons.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I guess there's no real consistent schedule for these things. Is Nick holding them up on approval or something?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If there truly are only four cut characters, I'd be totally fine with them being sold as DLC just to get everyone back, especially since there's possibly multiple seasons.
Was it exactly confirmed if there will be more then two seasons?

If so, this makes me happy assuming there are cuts and not as many as we might think, all characters will hopefully return then including CatDog.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Was it exactly confirmed if there will be more then two seasons?

If so, this makes me happy assuming there are cuts and not as many as we might think, all characters will hopefully return then including CatDog.
As much as I want some people ITT to be ready for the possibility of at least one cut veteran being in the DLC passes...I at least want half of the DLC fighters to be newcomers. There might not even be a second season anyway, since ecelebs aren't giving the gaming public authorization to have interest in this game and GameMill's marketing is pulling a GameMill marketing.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There might not even be a second season anyway, since ecelebs aren't giving the gaming public authorization to have interest in this game and GameMill's marketing is pulling a GameMill marketing.
If that's the case, how did they even get the fundings to do a sequel???
Same, but with Lincoln Loud.
He's most certainly staying. Cutting him out would be like cutting out Spongebob. He's the protagonist of Nick's second biggest cashcow. You could say what Spongebob is to Mario, Lincoln is to Link.

And no Arnold isn't comparable because one he hasn't even been in the games and two its being done intentionally because unlike Sakurai with Isabelle, the team of these games are determined in keeping true to Arnold's character being a pacifist which is why
Gerald and Gertie got in next.

Also, because I'm too lazy.

And here's another thing: Tommy/Angelica/Arnold are from nostalgia shows.

The Loud House is actively ongoing. This is a show that Nick wants to promote, and they always use Lincoln first when doing so.

Also I wouldn't use merch as an argument, even in the 2000's it was only Spongebob and Avatar getting any major kind of merch presence.

And if he does get cut he's basically screwed for life barring an Everyone is Here game. Unlike Helga or Toph, who would have massive backlash against them being cut and loads of demand for them to come back, nobody would care about Linc's disclusion. And in a fan demand-based roster selection process that would be the end unless Nick corporate intervenes.

I will say that it at least makes me happy to see a lot of people here on his side. Even in the Loud House fandom itself he has to take a lot of hate from some of the superfans of his sisters.

Also, not getting a showcase today really worries me...

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If that's the case, how did they even get the fundings to do a sequel???

He's most certainly staying. Cutting him out would be like cutting out Spongebob. He's the protagonist of Nick's second biggest cashcow. You could say what Spongebob is to Mario, Lincoln is to Link.

And no Arnold isn't comparable because one he hasn't even been in the games and two its being done intentionally because unlike Sakurai with Isabelle, the team of these games are determined in keeping true to Arnold's character being a pacifist which is why
Gerald and Gertie got in next.

Also, because I'm too lazy.
I'm concerned about Lincoln's exclusion due to him not being on the cover while Lucy is.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even though TLH actually isn't Nick's second biggest cash cow, and it never was. That's actually Paw Patrol.
My point still stands with The Loud House, its up there with Spongebob in terms of ratings. To that point it didn't even take five years to get itself its own spin-off and within that five years had a NetFlix movie.
I'm concerned about Lincoln's exclusion due to him not being on the cover while Lucy is.
You realize the cover is most likely not final right?

Plus given earlier discussion from leaked info on the main site. Characters currently absent are returning such as
Helga

They are not cutting Lincoln. LMAO.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
My point still stands with The Loud House, its up there with Spongebob in terms of ratings. To that point it didn't even take five years to get itself its own spin-off and within that five years had a NetFlix movie.

You realize the cover is most likely not final right?

Plus given earlier discussion from leaked info on the main site. Characters currently absent are returning such as
Helga

They are not cutting Lincoln. LMAO.
Well, there's also the fact that Lincoln is incredibly disliked by the NASB fandom. For many months he had the fewest mains on the official Discord server, and those who did choose to main him were often mocked and harassed. Plus on an earlier poll for which missing veteran the audience wanted to see back Lincoln ranked dead last.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, there's also the fact that Lincoln is incredibly disliked by the NASB fandom. For many months he had the fewest mains on the official Discord server, and those who did choose to main him were often mocked and harassed. Plus on an earlier poll for which missing veteran the audience wanted to see back Lincoln ranked dead last.
Let me repeat again by quoting this once more.

And here's another thing: Tommy/Angelica/Arnold are from nostalgia shows.

The Loud House is actively ongoing. This is a show that Nick wants to promote, and they always use Lincoln first when doing so.

Also I wouldn't use merch as an argument, even in the 2000's it was only Spongebob and Avatar getting any major kind of merch presence.

And if he does get cut he's basically screwed for life barring an Everyone is Here game. Unlike Helga or Toph, who would have massive backlash against them being cut and loads of demand for them to come back, nobody would care about Linc's disclusion. And in a fan demand-based roster selection process that would be the end unless Nick corporate intervenes.

I will say that it at least makes me happy to see a lot of people here on his side. Even in the Loud House fandom itself he has to take a lot of hate from some of the superfans of his sisters.

Also, not getting a showcase today really worries me...

Top Bottom