• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Oh absolutely. He brought a ton of soul to the game that isn't easily replaceable.
Might be selfish of me, but it gives me a bit of hope there's a chance for him to be cooking up something for Slap City for like one final update to ride the hype of Fraymakers finally adding Fishbunjin.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Oh absolutely. He brought a ton of soul to the game that isn't easily replaceable.
Yeah. I think that without him future games are gonna become much more corporate in terms of roster selections. He was the one who allowed the various unconventional and meme picks like Nigel Thornberry, Oblina, Powdered Toast Man, April O'Neil, and more to happen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah. I think that without him future games are gonna become much more corporate in terms of roster selections. He was the one who allowed the various unconventional and meme picks like Nigel Thornberry, Oblina, Powdered Toast Man, April O'Neil, and more to happen.
He was one person pushing for them, not the one person. A lot of people on the team pushed for those characters.

FazDude

Smash Master
As much as I appreciate Thadd's work on NASB and wish him the best of luck moving forward, I don't think him being dropped will mean 100%, unavoidable doomsday for the series. We might see some noticable design shifts in a NASB3, but I'm willing to wager everyone working on NASB is as passionate as he is. Hell, he himself has said he doesn't want to be put on a pedestal, so we shouldn't do that either.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Dude

It's just one person. ONE person. ONE PERSON who was involved. He's not the decision maker, there's a team to decide these characters.

Just because Thad left does not mean the game is doomed. There's gonna be changes and we can only hope for the best. We still have people who are passionate for the NASB series and want this to continue. Please don't doom this series because it has potential to grow and become better because that's where your posts has been as of late.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Post covid a lot of studios are down sizing and moving to smaller offices and moving things around

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Would make sense, though I don't know how much they'd be paying him if there's not another game from them in active development.
They've always got some side projects like last year's Heartwood Heroes and if nothing else could just do more for Slap City.

It's unlikely he'll have absolutely nothing to work on.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm glad he's not entirely laid off though. No one deserves to lose their jobs unless they have a good and legitimate reason

That being said, do you guys feel the slime gimmick in NASB2 is working well? Based on the stuff I've seen and briefly played at a friend's house, I'd say it's an interesting gimmick and has potential to grow.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Some shocking news.
Hopefully the other developers give passion to this game but game trailers are not going to be the same without Thaddeus.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I think a lot of this has to do with GameMill potentially transitioning the NASB project to be a solely Fair Play Labs production. FPL had a much bigger hand in 2 than they did in 1, and now that Ludocity's big contributions have essentially been completed (the gameplay system, which is likely why they were brought in in the first place), they can just re-utilize the gameplay system for future entries. Kart Racers 3 was clearly built off of 2, so we'll likely see the same thing with NASB. Still, this is just speculation.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Always sad to see passionate people lose their jobs, but at the end of the day I doubt this will affect Nasb that much. He was a pretty big part of the community and I enjoyed his humor and indsight on the game development, but it's not like he was the game director (not that programmer isn't an important role). Either way Ludosity role on the sequel was already much smaller and I'm sure DLC and future contents will still be fun. I don't think he was the only one on the team with "funny ideas", it just happen that he was very vocal about it in the community.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Krabs is actually looking pretty solid!

I like the animations and references, particularly to the episode "Sailor Mouth" as well as the World's Smallest Violin. I like that they included both the sound he makes when he walks, but also the dolphin squeak when he swears; that's the main thing I wanted to see out of that move.

It also looks like Krabs has a money mechanic; I wonder how that's gonna work. Makes a lot of sense for his character, at least.

Finally, I love that his Final Smash is him feeding the opponent to the giant clam from "Clams"; that's amazing!

So yeah, Krabs might not be one of my favorite characters from SpongeBob, but I do like what they're doing with him in NASB2.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Mr. Krabs is looking good! After waiting so long for a most wanted character, it's good to see they did him justice. Can't wait to play as him!
Also thank god, they finally fixed the issue where projectiles can bonk on soft platforms. It wasn't a huge deal before, but it was a minor nitpick that stuck out in my mind.
It also looks like Krabs has a money mechanic; I wonder how that's gonna work. Makes a lot of sense for his character, at least.
We know from the datamines that Krabs has a level system, which is probably what he uses money for. How it actually works is anyone's guess.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There are a ton of memes centered around Mr. Krabs and this video alone somehow manages to reference almost all of them.

I love this game, man.
The developers were really feeling it!

I won't be surprised if Krabs ends up in S-tier

Barring any returning veterans, has anyone adjusted their most wanted lists since the base game dropped? We already have Krabs, Rocksteady, Zuko and Iroh to look forward to, and I know people wanted at least two of those.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've always had a very soft spot for NASB1's aesthetic, but I don't think I've ever fully realised how well NASB 1 did stages with dark lighting. The colour contrast on these stages, with the bright brights against the dark darks, is beautiful.

Really, I could spend all day waxing about how cool NASB1's stages, character models, sound effects, animation, and menus are - add on praise for the gameplay and movesets and you've got a good week of gassing up. I've played this game for nearly 2000 hours and I'm still noticing new details in the stages and animations, and figuring out new things the characters can do. I'll cherish this game forever.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Mr. Krabs is out tomorrow and I was curious, do we know yet if the DLC characters will be playable and have their own dialogue in the campaign mode?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For those on Xbox with Game Pass Core or Game Pass Ultimate, All Star Brawl 2 is free to play this weekend.

Top Bottom