• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

In what way? I thought it was cool to see Arnold be the subject of a Super Bowl commercial, and the way they animated him looked just like the cel animation from the original show.
Okay, the technical aspect is shown with tact here, and the joke does work. I guess I just expect the worst about crossovers and animation these days, considering (glances at everything).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I had a go at making a NASB3 roster with a semi-realistic size. 25 veterans and 10 newcomers, almost certainly bigger than NASB3's roster will end up being, but still. Not a prediction, just a "wouldn't it be cool if..." with a small bit of "let's put in one or two fan-pleasers" and a side-goal to try and spread out representation well between the shows (Megafranchsies can have 4 characters maximum, while any other show can have 2 maximum)
myroster (2).png

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
For the third game, I think (and hope) that every single veteran comes back. I don't want anyone to be cut at all.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I had a go at making a NASB3 roster with a semi-realistic size. 25 veterans and 10 newcomers, almost certainly bigger than NASB3's roster will end up being, but still. Not a prediction, just a "wouldn't it be cool if..." with a small bit of "let's put in one or two fan-pleasers" and a side-goal to try and spread out representation well between the shows (Megafranchsies can have 4 characters maximum, while any other show can have 2 maximum)
View attachment 384031
The TMNT series is gonna be messy to rep no matter what with 4 max lmao

My only complaining is Rocko, Angry Beavers, and Gertie being cut on this roster

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The TMNT series is gonna be messy to rep no matter what with 4 max lmao

My only complaining is Rocko, Angry Beavers, and Gertie being cut on this roster
Those 3 cuts were very much the harder ones to make. Danny would probably be 4th, as he is objectively a character who makes sense to be there being one of Nick's few played-straight superheroes, the crux of NASB2's story mode, and part of the Nicktoons Unite gang, but TBH I just find him a bit dull so he got lower priority.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I see a few people campaign for TerryToons in NASB (since they are owned by paramount), but what about the Famous Studios characters? (who aren't at Universal)

Abner the Baseball can be like the Beastball item.

I see a few people campaign for TerryToons in NASB (since they are owned by paramount), but what about the Famous Studios characters? (who aren't at Universal)

Abner the Baseball can be like the Beastball item.
My best guess for that category would be Honey Halfwitch.
Honey Halfwitch | Halloween Wiki | Fandom

This proves how unlikely the 60s Famous Studios characters really are. Although using Abner as an item would be a neat homage.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I also think that they won't completely rebuild everything from scratch for NASB3 unlike NASB2 and it will just be built off of 2, which means that I think that the roster will be much larger than we have now, and would be on par with base game Smash 4. Every single veteran from both 1 and 2 will return, and there would be a significant amount of newcomers on top of that.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And stop talking about NASB3 we’re not even done with 2 yet.
Although there's nothing else to speculate on. We already know who all the DLC characters are, and there's no confirmation that we're getting anymore. We've basically hit a dead period in speculation as we're just sitting here either waiting for more DLC fighters to be confirmed or all the DLC characters we do have being released.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And that's even if we do get a 3rd game...
There will probably be one. Look at how many Kart Racers games we've gotten. We've already gotten 3, and there's a good chance that we're getting a fourth one this year. And then there's GameMill, one of the most infamous shovelware publishers in the history of the industry, being involved.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Although there's nothing else to speculate on. We already know who all the DLC characters are, and there's no confirmation that we're getting anymore. We've basically hit a dead period in speculation as we're just sitting here either waiting for more DLC fighters to be confirmed or all the DLC characters we do have being released.
Why not just... do things that aren't speculation? Make wishlists, hypothetical movesets, hypothetical stages, general Nick talk, critiques and praise of both NASBs that isn't just tied to cuts, Slap City talk, campaign headcanons?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For the third game, I think (and hope) that every single veteran comes back. I don't want anyone to be cut at all.
I also think that they won't completely rebuild everything from scratch for NASB3 unlike NASB2 and it will just be built off of 2, which means that I think that the roster will be much larger than we have now, and would be on par with base game Smash 4. Every single veteran from both 1 and 2 will return, and there would be a significant amount of newcomers on top of that.
The game is still on-going. Talking about a 3rd game is fine in passing, speculation is a core aspect of discussion on Smashboards, but if it is a topic that starts to derail discussion of the current game, then it starts turning into Spam.

If this continues to be a potential problem, harsher warnings may be given out or a rule can be put into effect banning discussion of a 3rd game until the current game is completed.

For the love of all things holy, PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT CUTS.
Please do take things down a notch.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You can thank or blame LimeTH LimeTH for this, depending on which side you're on, but would you guys want to see Ren and Stimpy separated in the future?
If the entire the roster is being reworked again, go for it, especially if dialog between playable characters becomes a thing. If they're gonna build directly off of NASB2, keep them together.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Just gonna say real quick and then I’ll be done.

They’ve gone on record saying this DLC is the first one. As in they’re saying right out that more is planned. NASB2 ain’t over yet.

You can thank or blame LimeTH LimeTH for this, depending on which side you're on, but would you guys want to see Ren and Stimpy separated in the future?
Funny enough I’ve had the same thought about the Beavers because of course I have but I figured I’d give it a rest for a while.

I wouldn’t mind it. I feel like they’ve finally gotten them to where they feel a bit more equal in role (instead of Stimpy doing everything and Ren just being along for the ride for the most part) and being a unit does fit Ren and Stimpy well enough on a characterization basis, but there’s definitely potential in either character to make it work.
I’m gonna agree with Triple Dubs and say keep them together if they’re planning on just building off NASB2. Put that time towards other newcomers and returning veterans from 1.

… Aw screw it.
The assist moves are cool and all but I feel like you could just put Dag’s assist moves into his own moveset and same with Norb. Also Dag is so good compared to Norb there isn’t often much reason to switch him out. So… give Norb his own slot and retool him to be viable in his own way or something?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So they've repeated that post numerous times over the last few weeks about staying tuned for news about the first set of DLC.

I can't decide if I think this is a good or bad thing. On the one hand, they could be trying to keep it fresh in people's minds that new content is coming in the vaguely defined near future, but the fact they keep repeating it makes me wonder if they have hit a development snag.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone think we'll ever get a NASB where we get all characters?

I hope so...Otherwise I may as well wait until that game comes out. Especially to to fight my Aussie bro Mamboo07 Mamboo07 online with our fav characters (Lincoln Loud and Daggett).

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So let's talk about cuts since they're always a great topic :troll:

All jokes aside: what do you guys feel about NASB2's "adventure/story mode" do you guys feel was great and what could be improved?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So let's talk about cuts since they're always a great topic :troll:

All jokes aside: what do you guys feel about NASB2's "adventure/story mode" do you guys feel was great and what could be improved?
Every character getting dialogue during the different moments between Vlad/Clockwork was an amazing touch and I’m glad they took full advantage of their voice acting budget. They over corrected from the first game and it’s all the better for it. If I have one complaint, while a lot of interactions feel natural, others don’t. A lot of the lines when the player gets that last minute power up during the last boss all feel underwhelming (with the exception of Rocko, who nails it and feels suitably hype).

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Speaking personally, I'd like to see them stay together. I like their NASB2 moveset a lot, and I think it represents them in a really true and fun way that'd be lost if they were in separate slots.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
What would you guys think of sports mode as a DLC mode? I personally think it would likely work better with NASB2's slower gameplay and less wacky items than it did in NASB1.

Also, here's an interesting thread from a playtester, some interesting anecdotes particularly on the team's priorities, which I find good but some of you may see as misplaced.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I just wish they'd fix the bug on my copy of the game that prevents me from playing single player, I really enjoy it and want to go for trophies but I literally can't. I mean I own it on Steam too but I prefer the PS controller layout and for some reason mine has issues connecting on Steam.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also the Newcomer Support Thread Directory is heavily out of date with all the new support threads that have been created across the past several months.

FazDude

Smash Master
Some shocking news.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Some shocking news.
Wow… wishing the best for him.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Some shocking news.
That's....kind of a big loss for NASB going forward.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also the Newcomer Support Thread Directory is heavily out of date with all the new support threads that have been created across the past several months.
Yeah I must apologize about that.

I’ll do a huge thread update tonight with all threads made the past few months.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's....kind of a big loss for NASB going forward.
For what it's worth, this is something that happened before October based on some follow-up tweets. As much as it sucks, my guess is that he was cut in the "downsizing for DLC" process. It sucks though. Here's hoping for the best for him.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Some shocking news.
A lot of passion showed through in this dev team, but man, Rep had the most by far.

Best of luck to wherever he ends up.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know how these layoffs are gonna effect NASB2's development, but it does not look good for this game's future.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Some shocking news.
shame. i always got the sense he was really passionate about these games

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't know how these layoffs are gonna effect NASB2's development, but it does not look good for this game's future.
I knew the second this news dropped you'd use it for fuel for doomposting that this game has no future and we should all be worried and miserable.

Rep wasn't the only person working on this game, and he certainly wasn't the only one who cared to make it good.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, this is something that happened before October based on some follow-up tweets. As much as it sucks, my guess is that he was cut in the "downsizing for DLC" process. It sucks though. Here's hoping for the best for him.
Still kinda sucks that his silly quirks as a dev that gave some charm to both NASBs won't have influence on the DLC.

I mean who else is going to go "hey **** you, I'm going to put in this totally useless mechanic just for the lulz and you can't stop me" like how the first game got the tumble from taunting in midair? :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still kinda sucks that his silly quirks as a dev that gave some charm to both NASBs won't have influence on the DLC.

I mean who else is going to go "hey **** you, I'm going to put in this totally useless mechanic just for the lulz and you can't stop me" like how the first game got the tumble from taunting in midair? :V
Oh absolutely. He brought a ton of soul to the game that isn't easily replaceable.

Top Bottom