• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Hey Limeth, have you heard of the new fairly oddparents show? i think it might influence your Cosmo & Wanda idea.
A buddy told me about it, yeah. If Cosmo and Wanda are the one constant for this franchise and the characters less holed up in rights purgatory than Timmy, I still say go for them as the playable characters.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The legal issues surrounding Timmy might explain why the new FOP reboots are sidelining him in favor of new protagonists. Although it doesn't explain why mobile games are exempt from the legal issues, as shown by his appearances in both Super Brawl Universe and Extreme Tennis.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

"first wave of DLC characters"
Heck yeah, we in this for the long haul!

How long until we can start speculating? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Gaz's "waiting for my brother to show up" line could be hinting at Dib being DLC.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

"first wave of DLC characters"
The fact that they're still saying this makes me more convinced that there's more DLC to come. I'm hoping that the second wave at least includes Lincoln and Helga. It just feels weird not having those two in the game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I feel like if there's more dlc and veterans are on the table, Sandy would be high priority.
For me, Lincoln and Helga would also be high-priority, as they have models in the game and were some of the most complained about cuts, only beaten by Leo and Mikey.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For me, Lincoln and Helga would also be high-priority, as they have models in the game and were some of the most complained about cuts, only beaten by Leo and Mikey.
Which is it, do people not like Lincoln because Loud House cringe or is he one of the most complained about cuts?

Because the only one I've actively seen complain about Lincoln getting axed is you.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Which is it, do people not like Lincoln because Loud House cringe or is he one of the most complained about cuts?

Because the only one I've actively seen complain about Lincoln getting axed is you.
Well, both actually. I've seen YouTube and Reddit comments where people ask where he is, and as he's the closest thing there is to a modern Nick icon his absence really raised a couple eyebrows. Ironically, he actually became more popular as a result of being cut, with many people wondering why exactly he was given the axe.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I posted this over in social as well but I thought you guys might enjoy it too. Not related to the game but to Nickelodeon. A lot of the moves in the game are taken from these though...

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i took a 2nd hand at the game today and so far i lost the flying dutchman fight but will make up for it tomorrow.

Also, during the enemey battles there were moments i found were the enemy cpu's are stuck in one position and are making noises as if they were [SENTENCE REDACTED], it's pretty funny.

But i wonder if this was talked about before here since it looks like a glitch.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Anyone?

I've only turned the game on to make sure I got the Elastic Waistband costume and tried out a little of the training mode months ago.
Speaking as a Switch player, I'd say the game is very much playable if you don't mind the lower FPS compared to other consoles.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Is the Switch version actually in a playable state yet, or do I still need to wait? Been holding off over the framerate and waiting for updates.
Anyone?

I've only turned the game on to make sure I got the Elastic Waistband costume and tried out a little of the training mode months ago.
It’s fine. If Switch is your only option, then just go for it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I wonder how they would have been received by the fandom at the time.
The fact that Jimmy's not there, Gerald and Azula both ended up getting mixed reactions when they were eventually added, NASB2's small amount of new shows is a major criticism, and Plankton isn't exactly a fan-demand pick tells me it would've been negative, especially off of the universe pass, but I think it would've been cool.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The fact that Jimmy's not there, Gerald and Azula both ended up getting mixed reactions when they were eventually added, NASB2's small amount of new shows is a major criticism, and Plankton isn't exactly a fan-demand pick tells me it would've been negative, especially off of the universe pass, but I think it would've been cool.
Yeah. Despite Hugh being a community request a lot of people were upset at his inclusion, particularly how he got in over Jimmy. Seeing that Jimmy would not only not get in, but to see two other big community requests (Squidward and Zuko) being pushed aside by Plankton and Azula would garner a rather negative response (as we did when Azula did get in over Zuko when the second game's roster was leaked, even though Zuko would eventually get in as DLC), as well as them not adding any new shows. Gerald I don't know, but adding him alongside Helga rather than outright replacing her would give him a less mixed response. I also think that with this news that the Chum Bucket, Fire Masters Meeting, and City Aquarium stages in the second game were all originally intended for the first as Plankton, Azula, and Gerald's stages respectively that they would be bundled with.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it makes sense under the assumption that folks like Squidward, Jimmy, and Zuko were always intended to be headliners for a sequel/sequel DLC. A second round of DLC would, naturally, have diminishing returns, while a full sequel would renew interest more, so putting more surprise picks as DLC in order to make sure the sequel has strong headliners makes sense, imo.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think it makes sense under the assumption that folks like Squidward, Jimmy, and Zuko were always intended to be headliners for a sequel/sequel DLC. A second round of DLC would, naturally, have diminishing returns, while a full sequel would renew interest more, so putting more surprise picks as DLC in order to make sure the sequel has strong headliners makes sense, imo.
You're pretty much right, even if fans would be outraged by the apparent snubbing of Squidward and Zuko, and we already saw the latter when the second game's full roster was leaked. A lot of people were upset that Azula got in the base roster over Zuko, but that was the least of NASB2's roster complaints.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not directly NASB-related, but I posted about this on the profile posts 2 or so times, and I felt like you guys would find it interesting too: it was recently discovered that the original Jon and Gnorm Gnat comics Quinton Reviews found a few years back didn't have copyright notices printed on them, something that was mandatory for establishing a copyright in the 70s, so Garfield, Jon, and Spot (proto-Odie) are all public domain

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The fact Leo and Mikey got cut in favor for Donnie and Raph is just WILD

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
How about instead of cut characters, we talk about Hey Arnold appearing in that new Paramount Super Bowl Commercial?

How about instead of cut characters, we talk about Hey Arnold appearing in that new Paramount Super Bowl Commercial?
I'll talk about it.

On the one hand, it was a nice joke that was somehow matched by making Peppa Pig their backup option. I found it funny.
On the other hand, I felt like it put Nickelodeon in a disservice towards all the other Paramount+ characters.

In the end, like most crossovers, it's a mixed bag.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
On the other hand, I felt like it put Nickelodeon in a disservice towards all the other Paramount+ characters.
In what way? I thought it was cool to see Arnold be the subject of a Super Bowl commercial, and the way they animated him looked just like the cel animation from the original show.

Top Bottom