• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You know media consolidation's getting bad when Disney XD is the underdog we're rooting for.

To be fair, that's not too much worse than how Nick treats most of their non-SpongeBob properties already.
I mean, at least those shows are (I assume) available through Paramount Plus. If Zazlav were to write them off as tax cuts, they'd be gone completely. The only way to find them would be through pirating.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, if the merger actually happens, you can say goodbye to a lot of Nick shows; Zaslav would absolutely mark them as tax write-offs.
And I'm concerned that he might decide to mark The Loud House as a tax write-off.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I thought you’d be more concerned about them writing off NAB3 in favour of 4
No. I'm more concerned about what David Zazlav would do to Nick's back catalog. He's not really a big fan of animation (or scripted TV in general) and now he would have almost complete control over children's television in the US with him owning both Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. Once these shows are written off they're gone, and I mean it. They will be erased from all official services and piracy will be the only way to ever watch these shows again.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No. I'm more concerned about what David Zazlav would do to Nick's back catalog. He's not really a big fan of animation (or scripted TV in general) and now he would have almost complete control over children's television in the US with him owning both Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. Once these shows are written off they're gone, and I mean it. They will be erased from all official services and piracy will be the only way to ever watch these shows again.
Note to self riley doesn’t know when he’s being mocked

darkvortex

Smash Lord
it's too early to even discuss the ramifications of this. it's still in early talks, they might not go for it, if they do then there's every chance the FTC shoots it down, and if they don't then it'll still take years to pass. There's very chance Zaz steps down after this or gets a different job, as ceos often do after these kind of mergers.

anwyay as it goes for games. I think the NASB devs getting to work with Warner properties (in a spin off gam e) rather than Nick stuff in MVS would be my preferred option but the latter seems more likey

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Even if he doesn't write them off, he'll make them damn near inaccessible.
A looooooooot of projects are gonna get shelved though if this goes through.

anwyay as it goes for games. I think the NASB devs getting to work with Warner properties (in a spin off gam e) rather than Nick stuff in MVS would be my preferred option but the latter seems more likey
This was my thought too. No offense to the MVS devs, but MVS was so annoying to play. NASB2 meanwhile is probably the best cartoon crossover platform fighter right now, if not one of the better crossover plat fighters in general.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even if he doesn't write them off, he'll make them damn near inaccessible.
A looooooooot of projects are gonna get shelved though if this goes through.
Yep. David Zazlav cancelled a lot of projects over at Warner Bros., regardless of how completed they were. I shudder to think what he would do once he gets his hands on Paramount.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nick and CN crossovers don't require a buyout to happen - Warner Bros. and Nickelodeon have already worked together for the Batman vs. TMNT movie, if "Scooby-Doo and Arnold Too!" was deemed profitable and someone wanted to write a script, it wouldn't take as much for it to happen as you think. Of course, a Nick vs. CN game is a much different story, given budgetary issues, MVS, e.t.c.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
We sure this is legit? What’s the source?

If true though, that’s a relief. Paramount is still apparently for sale though so it’s probably gonna merge with something eventually.
the source is through the link shared from FoxBusiness.com

Nintykid

Smash Apprentice
I heard on a reddit post that someone got Switch physical version with the actual cartridge inside

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
Got goodies for ya'll.

Entire Thread of DLC renders and Krabs' moveset

Also this alt either is a beta alt or one of the other costumes is and the render for this one isn't done yet.
View attachment 382182
I love how Sailor Mouth is referenced in Krab’s moveset, how his eyes turn into helicopter propeller, his tux alt with hats on both eye sockets.

One think that nitpicks me though is the fact that the innocent skeleton Swordfish is smiling while Mr. Krabs uses it’s own decapitated head.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that we're very close to the release of the first DLC character. I wonder which of the four will come first.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I love classic SB but that's the one joke even I don't quite get. What's it referencing?
From my understanding it's a reference to Wario, because both are greedy and love money. Land ahoy is a common pirate phrase, but also could be a reference to Wario land.

Also Those Zuko alts are amazing. Blue spirit mask and Southern raiders mask are so sick.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I think that we're very close to the release of the first DLC character. I wonder which of the four will come first.
They've already confirmed that Krabs is going to be the first fighter.

Also, If Krabs' aerial involving swearing doesn't feature the dolphin sound effect, I will be severely disappointed.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that there's a possibility that we might have all the DLC be released by the end of the summer.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I've wanted to see both characters get their asses kicked for a while now, so I agree with this!
I can fully understand and even agree with Krabs getting his keister kicked (particularly regarding later SpongeBob Seasons), but why Squidward? Like, he's certainly not perfect, but in those same later seasons, I honestly felt bad for him.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think I want to ask why you think Squidward should get his butt turned into calamari, given his treatment in the non-Hillenburg seasons.
I can fully understand and even agree with Krabs getting his keister kicked (particularly regarding later SpongeBob Seasons), but why Squidward? Like, he's certainly not perfect, but in those same later seasons, I honestly felt bad for him.
Post movie to latter seasons Squidward is such a whiny raging asshole that even with all he's put through, I still find him really annoying to watch.

Post movie to latter seasons Squidward is such a whiny raging asshole that even with all he's put through, I still find him really annoying to watch.
I see. The pendulum has shifted in the opposite extreme, in that case. I can understand why you'd knock him down a peg.
A peg LEG, that is!:ultpacman:

Top Bottom