• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think my biggest complaint about NASB2 that isn't either 1. a comparison to the first that's a non-issue in a vacuum (Slower speed, certain moveset reworks), or 2. an obvious bug or oversight that'll be gone in a few patches' time (No item toggle, 30FPS), is the Slime Balloons stages. They're way too easy and don't have the fun "I'm stuck, what can my character do that I don't know about?" factor of Melee and 64's stages.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
They remind me of Brawl's Break The Target stages. Even though everyone has a unique stage, they all feel broad enough that any character could do them, and they don't really take advantage of unique character abilities.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
There's a site I contribute to a lot called VGFacts, basically just facts about video games, it's got some ties to the Spriters' Resource and Did You Know Gaming - I recently became the top most prolific contributor, and a good chunk of that came from NASB 1 submissions - NASB 1 has more facts than GTA: San Andreas, Skyrim, EarthBound, and Street Fighter 2 now! I've documented some stuff that hasn't come up on the thread yet

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
There's a site I contribute to a lot called VGFacts, basically just facts about video games, it's got some ties to the Spriters' Resource and Did You Know Gaming - I recently became the top most prolific contributor, and a good chunk of that came from NASB 1 submissions - NASB 1 has more facts than GTA: San Andreas, Skyrim, EarthBound, and Street Fighter 2 now! I've documented some stuff that hasn't come up on the thread yet
aktually the top posters are rocko and heffer. for shame, wawawa

Can’t this forum go one day without someone going on about how great they are?
we did - it was called yesterday when nobody posted here for some reason

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
aktually the top posters are rocko and heffer. for shame, wawawa
When I changed my username to that I thought "now I think about it, infodumping about video games all day is more Filburt behavior"... then I remembered that Rocko literally infodumps about the Eiffel Tower in I See London, I See France, heh.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
My disappointment about the thread being active, but not about the new patch, is immeasurable, and my day is ruined

I just wanna be able to play the campaign and single player stuff again
Is it the problems that were already there or did a recent patch make them even worse?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Is it the problems that were already there or did a recent patch make them even worse?
After the most recent patch and after I got the platinum on my Playstation, the next time I did a campaign run I got a softlocked, and now the problem has extended to every single player mode except Boss Rush. My educated guess is a memory leak but I'm not coder so I'm not quite sure why.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here's a tinfoil hat theory for you: many have pointed out that in this game all the avatar characters are fire benders and then i remembered they were all earth benders. so for NASB3 they'll all be either water benders or air benders. good news for katara and tenzin fans

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh thank god, Zim is playable now. The only bugs left that I've found are that GIR still doesn't work in certain matchups (namely Rocko) and he bonks on soft platforms. I like the option to explode GIR now, and you can even combo a GIR toss into an explosion with precise timing. Also, his recovery isn't indefensibly garbage anymore! Huzzah! He still doesn't feel amazing next to the mashy top tiers of this game, but provided lobbies actually work, I think I can get into this game now.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
here's a tinfoil hat theory for you: many have pointed out that in this game all the avatar characters are fire benders and then i remembered they were all earth benders. so for NASB3 they'll all be either water benders or air benders. good news for katara and tenzin fans
I mean, each of the avatars represent one tribe (aang is air, korra is water) and the other bender was earth. They kinda overcompensated this game for fire

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming I hope I don't come across as trying to stir **** here, but I've been dwelling on that awkward NASB1 vs. NASB2 encounter from launch day, and particularly the discussion on "objective game quality", and I think you'd benefit from watching this video. It's mostly about professional review scores, but can also apply just as well to forum debates.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming I hope I don't come across as trying to stir **** here, but I've been dwelling on that awkward NASB1 vs. NASB2 encounter from launch day, and particularly the discussion on "objective game quality", and I think you'd benefit from watching this video. It's mostly about professional review scores, but can also apply just as well to forum debates.
I might give it a watch when I have some more time.

I realize I may have come off more asshole-ish than intended so I do want to apologize as it was uncalled for.

I would, genuinely, though, like to know why you think the first game is so good. Don't get me wrong I liked the first game more than most but I do think it does have a lot of problems that the sequel has come a long way by addressing; I don't think anyone can argue that this game is going out of it's way to address problems like graphical concerns, the oft-bland moveset design, lack of promised features cough*rollback*cough and lack of single player content, which are a lot of people (myself included)'s biggest issues with the original.

Either way I'm not irritated about it and I'm long over the argument, I wouldn't dwell too hard on it. If you'd like to chat in like DMs or something to try and hash it out or anything feel free to hit me up

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Also, the notes mention several moves that can reverse hit. What do they mean by "reverse hit"?
If you hit someone with a move from the opposite side of your body that it's intended to be used, it'll send the opponent the other way.

reversebairsheik.gif

Like Sheik's back air here. Because Sheik approached Captain Falcon with the front of her body, it sends him to the left instead of the right.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey guys

i got Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 for Nintendo Switch on my birthday today and...well i just want to know what was the games problems before playing since i've heard the search version isn't the best right now.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Donatello is REALLY fun. His showcase was a little misleading, he's way more of a Marth-style character than a zoner. Wish I was playing as him from day 1.
Funny you mention Donatello, because, and I don't know if this got patched out, but there was a point where I was fighting CPU Plankton and I had him near the edge of the stage and I was just hitting him over and over with Donnie's jab, and he couldn't do anything, so I was legit able to get him up to like 300% damage or something before I finally decided to just end him.

It was kind of hilarious!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's not looking too likely that we're getting any more characters after this now.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
How does the packs being up disprove any more DLC?
Specifically the release dates. I expected the characters to come out at a much faster rate because they're essentially all done, and that leaves less time for a pack 2 before they are inevitably forced to rush out NASB3 in 2025.

Top Bottom