• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Technically, there are more unique stages than characters - there's the 25 default stages sans training (since it shares a layout with FD), and then the variant stages include layouts that don't exist in the main stagelist
  1. Battlefield forms
  2. Smashville forms
  3. PS2 form Technodrome/Training (Kalos/Duck Duck Pie)
  4. FD Form Rooftop (Hazoff Smashville)
  5. Battlefield form Miracle City Volcano (PM Bowser's Castle)
That's 30 unique stages when you remove duplicate layouts.
Didn’t know some of the Battlefield/FD/Smashville forms were unique from one another.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
ive been getting quite a bit of bugs on stages when i play in training mode xD. i dunno if it does the same in regular matches. but basically the game gets confused about which stage is there, the appearance is one but i go through the platforms as if they're not there, sometimes it's really just completely different and the textures dont match :p. it's happened like 3-4 times.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Bugs and subjectively questionable roster decisions aside this is currently in my Top 3 games of the year, and it has had stiff competition this year.

Personally it's my favorite fighter this year. It did get nominated for fighting game of the year at TGA that you guys can go vote for if you feel so inclined.

(maybe while you're there you can drop a vote for Pizza Tower as best debut indie)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's a great game ;D. I'm not concerned about the bugs since im sure theyll get fixed with time. even if i prefer games to be better on release.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Bugs and subjectively questionable roster decisions aside this is currently in my Top 3 games of the year, and it has had stiff competition this year.

Personally it's my favorite fighter this year. It did get nominated for fighting game of the year at TGA that you guys can go vote for if you feel so inclined.

(maybe while you're there you can drop a vote for Pizza Tower as best debut indie)
Knowing the other nominees on the fighting game category, it's likely gonna get caught in the crossfire from MK 1 & SF6 unless the rivalry isn't that strong as it once was.

Also, Pizza Tower for the win!

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Honestly I think SF6 is still may favourite fighter of the year, just such a huge improvement over five and feels like a leap forward for the future of fighting games, NASB is a great thigh and I am very happy for the team (I don't like NRS games unfortunately)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Knowing the other nominees on the fighting game category, it's likely gonna get caught in the crossfire from MK 1 & SF6 unless the rivalry isn't that strong as it once was.

Also, Pizza Tower for the win!
Oh definitely it's not going to win but we might as well give the big guys a run for their money you know?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh definitely it's not going to win but we might as well give the big guys a run for their money you know?
Considering the competition that ISN'T MK1 and SF6, I can at least say NASB2 will not get dead last on the "Best Fighting Game" poll.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Sorry if this has been asked before, but if we get a ChalkZone character, would you prefer Rudy & Snap, or one of those two as a solo character?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry if this has been asked before, but if we get a ChalkZone character, would you prefer Rudy & Snap, or one of those two as a solo character?
I'm fine with either, but I'd prefer Rudy, since I feel you could do quite a bit with his chalk drawings.

FazDude

Smash Master
Rudy and Snap, mainly because of a really good YouTube video by Max Hamm. I don't think I can post it directly here since it has a joke about... uhh... a man's downstairs area (censored and mainly in the context of a joke similar to what was done with Steve's building mechanics), but give it a look - It's good stuff.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'd prefer Snap solo, myself. But if they manage to make Rudy interesting, I wouldn't be opposed to him being the Chalkzone rep.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'd take Snap by himself. I know Rudy's got the chalk (the chalk the chalk Chalkzone) but he's such a square that I think I'd rather take the character with the bigger personality and more interesting design.

God help him on Beaver's Dam when the water rises, though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I genuinely am having a hard time picking a main, I'm having so much fun with just about everybody.

Right now, I'm primarily splitting time between Azula, El Tigre, Ember, Lucy, and Squidward.

The only characters I haven't really experimented much with have been April and Donatello, their playstyles just aren't clicking with me thus far. I'm also not touching Zim again until they fix that screen shake bug, it genuinely makes me eyes hurt.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Despite the title, this was actually a well constructed video. I can sort of understand the perspective of why others wouldn't want to get it.

This game has been worth my money.
So he's basically responding to the dumb takes, or excuses used from people who don't want to give it a try. I would hope that some of those people have watched game play since release and found it compelling enough to give it a chance xD, but else the people who like it hopefully are enough to keep the scene alive.
I actually haven't been playing it as much as I would've usually but it's more having to do with my mood than the game, since I still think it's a great game.

I genuinely am having a hard time picking a main, I'm having so much fun with just about everybody.

Right now, I'm primarily splitting time between Azula, El Tigre, Ember, Lucy, and Squidward.

The only characters I haven't really experimented much with have been April and Donatello, their playstyles just aren't clicking with me thus far. I'm also not touching Zim again until they fix that screen shake bug, it genuinely makes me eyes hurt.
I don't know if it's like me but trying again the characters on other days makes me see who I like to come back to a lot. It's still hard for me to just main one character but besides Korra, I found myself really liking Jenny (not a big surprise), but then Azula and the Beavers have grown into a bigger thing where I can really see reasons to play them. So I think I might play all 4, but it's the rest I'm not sure about how much I should put into, I really like garfield and El tigre feels good with the direct hits, and Lucy feels good a bit in the same way, so yeah a lot of characters are interesting to me.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Despite the title, this was actually a well constructed video. I can sort of understand the perspective of why others wouldn't want to get it.

This game has been worth my money.
I get it, but I also don't, because gamers fall for bigger scams than NASB2 all the time, those bigger scams just have more advertising.

Luckily there are YouTubers like Max Dood who eventually gave the game a chance and like NASB2.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
A list of what the sto ry mode enemies are from, sibce therea a lack of lists online

Spongebob
Jellyfish
Pirates of the Deep Sea
Chum Slave
Fish Thugs

TMNT
Foot Soldiers
Mousers
Danny Phantom
Ectopuses
Skeleton Ghost Warriors

Jimmy Nutruon
Girl-Eating Plant
Twonkies

Zim
SIR Units
Irken ships

Garfield
Living foodSo

MLATR
Cluster Drones

El Tigre
Skeleton Banditos

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
A list of what the sto ry mode enemies are from, sibce therea a lack of resourcesSlovenian

Spongebob
Jellyfish
Pirates of the Deep Sea
Chum Slave
Fish Thugs

TMNT
Foot Soldiers
Mousers
Danny Phantom
Ectopuses
Skeleton Ghost Warriors

Jimmy Nutruon
Girl-Eating Plant
Twonkies (I haven't seen footage for this one though)

Zim
SIR Units
Irken shipaim

Garfield
Living foodSo

MLATR
Cluster Drones

El Tigre
Skeleton Banditos
I’m pretty sure the big red toothy monster guy is from Jimmy Neutron too.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, now that it's been a week since the game launched, what are your guys' rankings of the fighters looking like?

For me, my top ten would be:

1. El Tigre
2. Danny Phantom
3. Zim
4. Squidward
5. Garfield
6. Daggett & Norbert
7. Jenny
8. Grandma Gertie
9. Raphael
10. Ren & Stimpy

Honorable Mentions: Ember, Reptar, April O'Neil, Azula, Gerald

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, now that it's been a week since the game launched, what are your guys' rankings of the fighters looking like?

For me, my top ten would be:

1. El Tigre
2. Danny Phantom
3. Zim
4. Squidward
5. Garfield
6. Daggett & Norbert
7. Jenny
8. Grandma Gertie
9. Raphael
10. Ren & Stimpy

Honorable Mentions: Ember, Reptar, April O'Neil, Azula, Gerald
I'm guessing you mean personal faves?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm really not a fan of how all of GIR's lines in the campaign are just repeated lines from the show, and mostly from the first episode. Everyone else gets new lines, why did they get Rikki Simmons if they were just going to have him re-record all the greatest hits?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, who would you say are your favorites after a week?
I've already mentioned some of them xD but I can list them more clearly:

1. Korra
2. Jenny
3. Azula
4. Angry Beavers
5. Garfield
6. Lucy
7. El Tigre
8. Gertie
9. Ember

Leaving the 10th spot open for now but I can honorably mention Raphael and Aang. I'd like to give April and Gerald more try too, and maybe spongebob too. It's possible Ember cold go higher up too, I just kind of lost some inspiration to play her.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Remember when I had a weird bug where I couldn't play Arcade Mode at all?

Well, apparently, setting your system's language to English fixes that somehow. I don't know how that works, but it just does. While I'm happy that I'm finally able to play Arcade Mode, I find it super weird that something like this happened in the first place.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Remember when I had a weird bug where I couldn't play Arcade Mode at all?

Well, apparently, setting your system's language to English fixes that somehow. I don't know how that works, but it just does. While I'm happy that I'm finally able to play Arcade Mode, I find it super weird that something like this happened in the first place.
As we all know, only Americans are allowed to fully enjoy their game purchases.

MURICA

**** YEAH

(/JK)

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I won't number them but some characters I've been enjoying:

Squidward
Lucy
Gertie
Angry Beavers
Raphael
Reptar

I'm actually surprised how much I'm enjoying Reptar considering I've never liked big slow characters. I think it's because his up air is so busted that it makes his lack of speed tolerable.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gerald, Patrick, and Jenny are all surprisingly fun, especially given I didn't find Jenny that fun in NASB1 and she had next to no changes.

Also, it might just be the crappy Switch framerate, but is it significantly harder to time Ren & Stimpy's fart shield in NASB 2 compared to NASB 1 for anyone else?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Gerald, Patrick, and Jenny are all surprisingly fun, especially given I didn't find Jenny that fun in NASB1 and she had next to no changes.

Also, it might just be the crappy Switch framerate, but is it significantly harder to time Ren & Stimpy's fart shield in NASB 2 compared to NASB 1 for anyone else?
Nope, it's not just the Switch; I think the window of time for the counter is signifigantly smaller, as I barely ever get use out of it when playing them.

In other news, I still cannot get over the character sizing stuff, that part still bugs me, the Last Airbender characters and Jenny are way too small in comparison to other fighters. I wonder what's up with that, because Jenny wasn't that small in the first game iirc.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My go-to so far is definitely Zim, but I haven't touched half the roster and I'm not planning on playing more until they go back and finish him. This game is sick, but it's kinda hard to play when the screen starts reenacting the fall of Pompeii. Beavers, Ren & Stimpy, and Gerald stood out as fun picks, too, even if the latter's almost certainly low-tier.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So does every character in NASB2 have their own progression in the story mode or will I still have the same boss fight waiting for me if I switch from SpongeBob to another character?

While we're at it, holy **** I hope they fix the game crashing on Switch whenever I have to load an action stage in campaign. Third time now I’ve had to shut the game off because of that

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So does every character in NASB2 have their own progression in the story mode or will I still have the same boss fight waiting for me if I switch from SpongeBob to another character?

While we're at it, holy **** I hope they fix the game crashing on Switch whenever I have to load an action stage in campaign. Third time now I’ve had to shut the game off because of that
I think the bosses are randomly determined, each character has lines for every boss.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Semi-related, but I noticed that Nick Kart Racers 3 Turbo Edition currently has a 75% discount on the Nintendo Eshop. Is that game worth getting on the Switch?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Having played NASB 2 more, I'm liking it more and more each time I play - slime meter is really fun to master, the casual stages are great (even if the items are a downgrade from NASB 1 IMO), and I find that I can jive with a much larger percentage of the roster than I could in NASB 1. I do still think it's the weakest of the 3 Ludo platfighters, (yes, I know Fair Play did most of the work, but Ludo is credited as designing gameplay and movesets) but all 3 are 👌. I think hits in NASB 2 aren't as satisfying as Slap, NASB 1's movement is unparalleled, and no character in NASB 2's gameplay really reaches to me as well as NASB 1 Nigel/Lincoln or Slap Orka, but it's still a pristine game.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm only playing a bit on the side here and there because I haven't been in the mood to play a lot, but that's on me not the game. I am warming up to the slime more for sure too though can still forget to use it xD.

I think the beavers will end up ranking higher for me, they fit even better with me than I thought when i first played them.

Top Bottom