• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

FazDude

Smash Master
If SteamDB is any indiciation, NASB1 went live around 4 AM UTC (which is the same as Greenwich Mean Time), so I'd expect NASB2 to release around the same time there. Not sure about consoles, though.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Review copies normally get 1 day early to post stuff, so avoid youtube if you care about spoilers i guess

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Story Mode

vlad gets three boss fights. clockwork is the "real" final boss. Most of it is best em up stages or fights, with some basic platforming levels, enemies include jellyfish, fish pirates, ghost pirates, foot clan, mousers, some el tigre guys, the cluster robots from MLaTR, and some piranha plant types who that I don't know where they're from. Wack a bot is a mini game where you've gotta destroy as many techodrome robots as possible in a time limit

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
already seeing the game content complation videos, lol

(Copied from my comment on the video itself: )

I like the ideas for a lot of these (Ren's is a highlight, such a good choice there), but good lord the sound design on almost all of them is atrocious. Even when the animations are good, there isn't nearly enough sense of impact on them to complete the whole package. Seriously, why do some of them end with no "oomph" to them? It feels like they forgot to add sounds to almost all the big finishing hits. The voice work isn't doing any favors either, it's like most of the actors just phoned in the lines.

As much as I hate cinematic Final Smashes, I have to admit that Smash does a much, MUCH better job with how they pace them. They're all a similar amount of length and the action happens so fast that it's not overbearing. Here, some of them last way too long like Gerald's and the Beavers'.

I want to like these, I really do, but in their current state they're just too scuffed. Half of them feel unfinished.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
already seeing the game content complation videos, lol

(Copied from my comment on the video itself: )

I like the ideas for a lot of these (Ren's is a highlight, such a good choice there), but good lord the sound design on almost all of them is atrocious. Even when the animations are good, there isn't nearly enough sense of impact on them to complete the whole package. Seriously, why do some of them end with no "oomph" to them? It feels like they forgot to add sounds to almost all the big finishing hits. The voice work isn't doing any favors either, it's like most of the actors just phoned in the lines.

As much as I hate cinematic Final Smashes, I have to admit that Smash does a much, MUCH better job with how they pace them. They're all a similar amount of length and the action happens so fast that it's not overbearing. Here, some of them last way too long like Gerald's and the Beavers'.

I want to like these, I really do, but in their current state they're just too scuffed. Half of them feel unfinished.
I think the worst one are Beavers, April, Garfield and Rocko. But yeah, most of them have huge pacing issues, even the good one like Gerald goes on for a bit too long and nothing his happening until the very end.

Edit: Also forgot about Jenny, this is probably the worst one actually.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I think the worst one are Beavers, April, Garfield and Rocko. But yeah, most of them have huge pacing issues, even the good one like Gerald goes on for a bit too long and nothing his happening until the very end.

Edit: Also forgot about Jenny, this is probably the worst one actually.
Jimmy 's is pretty iffy imo

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
She plays like some of us knew and edit: just noticed the unfinished move is actually finished.
but what I didn't know is that you can kick the rock to a new angle, that's neat.

And yeah she does seem great :D

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Korra looks SO much better now. She was easily my least favorite to play as the first time, but now she has the tools to pressure opponents at range like any bender should. That whip in particular looks crazy, and those fire boosters look like a fun way to keep your opponent on their toes in neutral. I like how many of her moves have context-sensitive variants, especially her Light Nair. Way better than the weird Street Fighter Ganondorf we had last game.
Also, either Korra is huge in this game or SpongeBob is tiny. She's twice his height!

I'm literally excited to play everyone in this game except April. This game is such a huge glowup moveset-wise it's not even funny.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Korra had one of the least interesting movesets to me in the first game and I wasn't expecting much from her this time, but WOW I'm amazed by the glow-up!

She has SO many cool moves that I'm excited to try out! The side special booster, the big whip that drags enemies towards you, Sub-Zeroing ice on the ground to extend wavedashes - definitely seems like she's gonna have a lot of fun ways to approach and extend combos.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not sure how well my computer will run the game, but ill be patient and get it on steam and if it doesnt run well then I'll get it on switch instead.

Too bad the steam version isn't the one coming out sooner though xD

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Thought a few of you would appreciate this.

A thread from a dev about the design of Reptar and how they worked to circumvent the typical weaknesses of a heavyweight in plat fighters

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Thought a few of you would appreciate this.

A thread from a dev about the design of Reptar and how they worked to circumvent the typical weaknesses of a heavyweight in plat fighters
I gotta say I really like what they did with his movement. I've never seen a platform fighter character who moves like this before.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
80 dollars? is that how much they're paying?
For the Ultimate Edition that has the base game, the four DLC fighters, and a fourth alt for each fighter.

The regular edition that's just the base game stuff is $49.99.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Alright I listened to most of the soundtraack and yeah, it goes so hard this time, it's so much better than the first game it's almost unbelievable. My personal favorites are Chum Bucket, Miracle city volcano, Loud castle and Tremorton Joyride

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, after listening to all the stage themes, I honestly don't think there's a single one that I don't like or even just consider okay; all of them are bangers, and for now, I'd say my favorites are Flying Dutchman's Ship, Chum Bucket, Fire Masters Meeting, Sweet Dreams, Loud Castle, Miracle City Volcano, Clockwork's Lair, and Pariah's Keep.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Switch performance is... poor. Feels more responsive than Ultimate, but looks a lot worse in motion. Could just be an issue with the training grid stage though.

Also, the banners for online play are mostly generic show-themed or themed on playable characters, but there's also a Sandy's treedome banner and a Heffer's belly banner.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Switch performance is... poor. Feels more responsive than Ultimate, but looks a lot worse in motion. Could just be an issue with the training grid stage though.

Also, the banners for online play are mostly generic show-themed or themed on playable characters, but there's also a Sandy's treedome banner and a Heffer's belly banner.
How are you even playing it on the Switch? It's not on the Eshop yet, and the "physical" version isn't until next month.

Top Bottom