• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If we get a veteran pass for DLC (not sure how likely it is that a whole pass would be dedicated to veterans, but I figure we're going to get some back given the outcry against the number of cuts) with four characters in it, who would you want to see?

Off the top of my head, the ones that I'd like to see are Toph, Hugh, Leonardo, and Michelangelo, but I don't know if people would have issues with there being six TMNT characters (the four turtles, April, and Rocksteady) or a third Avatar DLC character - I feel like the reaction would be like Fire Emblem in Smash all over again.

(Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Ah! Real Monsters, so I'm not sure if Oblina's particularly noteworthy, and I didn't play the first game, so I'm not sure if it was easy to tell which character was being used as the "main" one for CatDog - I'm not sure if Angry Beavers were included because they fill a similar purpose (a duo fighter that switches who's in charge) while being much easier to tell apart in the middle of the action)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If we get a veteran pass for DLC (not sure how likely it is that a whole pass would be dedicated to veterans, but I figure we're going to get some back given the outcry against the number of cuts) with four characters in it, who would you want to see?

Off the top of my head, the ones that I'd like to see are Toph, Hugh, Leonardo, and Michelangelo, but I don't know if people would have issues with there being six TMNT characters (the four turtles, April, and Rocksteady) or a third Avatar DLC character - I feel like the reaction would be like Fire Emblem in Smash all over again.

(Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Ah! Real Monsters, so I'm not sure if Oblina's particularly noteworthy, and I didn't play the first game, so I'm not sure if it was easy to tell which character was being used as the "main" one for CatDog - I'm not sure if Angry Beavers were included because they fill a similar purpose (a duo fighter that switches who's in charge) while being much easier to tell apart in the middle of the action)
Assuming there's no dlc stages, I don't really see Oblina and CatDog being back either way and they would most likely focus on franchise already represented (this is probably the reason they did that for that first pass too).

So in that state the 4 likely I would say Hugh, Sandy, Toph and either Lincoln or Helga. I don't see them double dipping with the Turtles in a same dlc pass, and PTM I think would be a hard sell as dlc unless they're really trying to please the fan of the first game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
IMO it's pretty unfair to say Hugh "needed to use some of Jimmy's inventions to fill out his moveset" because the three inventions he used in NASB...are the inventions he canonically used in the show.

The Duck Pogo Stick is something he passed off as his own invention to the toy company in Fundemonium.

The laser sword strong dash comes from The Feud, where Hugh uses it to kill the crab grass monster.

And the burping soda is an obvious reference to the end of the movie where he accidentally drinks it thinking it's normal Purple Flurp ("At least it's the attic and not the basement.")

Like...those make absolute sense for Hugh to use. They weren't things he took from Jimmy to fill out the moveset...those particular inventions wouldn't even make sense for Jimmy to use.

I'd want to see Shredder, Oblina, Helga, and either Hugh or Lincoln for the final recipient.

There's actually more Spongebob reps than TMNT reps, so I can see Sandy having to wait a bit longer. Oblina might be easier to program than CatDog. Helga would further prove that background cameos don't disqualify a fighter.

As for the fourth one, I'm actually very torn on who I'd pick. Hugh has the fan demand, Lincoln has some appeal, Powdered Toast Man was the last game's Captain Falcon, both Leonardo and Michaelangelo would sell the pass by themselves, and Toph would bring back earthbending to the Avatar roster.

I will say that the first three are easier done than said IMHO.

Some AT-AT

Smash Apprentice
It took Fire Emblem 20 something years to have a notable amount of fighters in Smash Bros. It took TMNT 2 years to have 7 in the NASB series.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'd want to see Shredder, Oblina, Helga, and either Hugh or Lincoln for the final recipient.

There's actually more Spongebob reps than TMNT reps, so I can see Sandy having to wait a bit longer. Oblina might be easier to program than CatDog. Helga would further prove that background cameos don't disqualify a fighter.

As for the fourth one, I'm actually very torn on who I'd pick. Hugh has the fan demand, Lincoln has some appeal, Powdered Toast Man was the last game's Captain Falcon, both Leonardo and Michaelangelo would sell the pass by themselves, and Toph would bring back earthbending to the Avatar roster.

I will say that the first three are easier done than said IMHO.
Lincoln doesn't really have appeal outside of kids, but kids aren't the type to buy DLC. TLH is really a "base game or bust" deal because it wouldn't really sell as DLC due to low demand.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lincoln doesn't really have appeal outside of kids, but kids aren't the type to buy DLC. TLH is really a "base game or bust" deal because it wouldn't really sell as DLC due to low demand.
If this were about six years ago I'd actually agree...but we're in a post-Fortnite age. Children 100% know how to navigate an online store and ask for their mom's credit card.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay. Breadwinners is now Nickelodeon's best cartoon.

I don't make the rules. Just stating facts.
Well to be fair the only way 90's/2000's Nicktoons could reference TF2 is in the form of jokes about it taking too long.

"Jeez Dag, by the time you're out of the shower we'll be playing Team Fortress 2!"

LimeTH

Smash Lord
"No one will buy the pass because Lincoln is in it, so no more DLC after this."
Dang, you really are speed running Doom.

I'd like the most to see CatDog and Oblina return, then Hugh and either PTM or Helga

Toph would be on there if it weren't for the first pass having two ATLA characters already.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
List of all mobs in the beta:

Bomb-Pie Selling Pirates (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Jellyfish (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Mind-Controlled Citizens (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
Octopus Ghost (Danny Phantom)
Pariah's Soldiers (Danny Phantom)
Irken Invasion Ships (Invader Zim)
S.I.R. Unit (Invader Zim)
Cluster Drones (My Life as a Teenage Robot)
Sartana's Undead Minions (El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera)
Dream Foods (Garfield)
Girl-Eating Plants (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)
Twonkies (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)
Foot Clan Ninjas (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

There's also a large muscularblue guy which I'm pretty sure is from SpongeBob but I'm not sure who or what he is.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Dream Foods (Garfield)

There's also a large muscularblue guy which I'm pretty sure is from SpongeBob but I'm not sure who or what he is.
YOOOOOO THEY GOT TWONKIES IN THIS??? Actual Game Of The Year.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Dream Foods (Garfield)

This sounds cool as hell, what great choices!

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
And you're free to call it boring, but I and many others would actually LIKE to see all of the big names clash before going into secondary and tertiary characters. It's not because it's what Smash did, it's because that's what I'd like to see. I don't want them prioritizing April or Hugh before the titular characters. You can call it boring, I call it logical - the main character, generally speaking, is who the most people are going to relate to or like. Every one of the four turtles is beloved for a different reason, but generally most people like all four. If you want to sell someone on a secondary character, they need to have the charm and wit to warrant it - and I'm sorry that's not something that 80s April or Rocksteady has (I will give points to Hugh for it, though - despite the fact that in terms of moveset potential, Jimmy absolutely should've come first since he has so much of it; they had to give Hugh some of Jimmy's inventions just to fill out his kit).

I'm not the only one who thinks this way, either. Lots of the appeal of crossovers is seeing those characters you love and adore (again, almost always the MAIN ones) interact. I don't think of shows in terms of reps - I want the characters I give a damn about. Gertie, and to a lesser extent Hugh, are good WTF picks in a vacuum but Arnold and Jimmy have plenty to stand on their own as characters too.

I don't want Aang to be fighting [character from Ninja Turtles]. That's just as much "filling out a checklist" as people accuse me of wanting.
I'm growing increasingly tired of the sentiment "use big names in a big name series!? Errm, Smash Bros much???" as if every single crossover don't use the big titular characters... those are the characters people WANT to see lmaooo.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Alright the Bomb Pie Pirates being enemies is absolutely hilarious lmao. I hope they have a chance to just randomly blow up the whole stage.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm growing increasingly tired of the sentiment "use big names in a big name series!? Errm, Smash Bros much???" as if every single crossover don't use the big titular characters... those are the characters people WANT to see lmaooo.
Can't exactly say "use big names in a big name series!? Errm, Marvel vs. Capcom much???" when it has a tendency to have both Spider-Man and Shuma-Gorath on the roster.

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Two more enemies:

The Blue Fish dude is Victor, from the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie; and Mousers from Turtles also appear.
Don't forget the Robotic Unicycles from TMNT, they were in the Story Mode trailer shown today lol

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
I hope we get the Army of the living dead and SeaBear from Spongebob, and Crocostimpy from Ren and Stimpy as enemies

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Saw the Angry Beavers Halloween special for the first time. Kid Lime probably would have had his mind blown by it, so I wish it didn't take me almost 30 years to see it! I was never able to catch it whenever it was on.

The reason I bring this up is I really want the Alien Master to be a boss in story mode!

And also because Happy Halloween all!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
We may be free from the curse of Un-Pitched-Up GIR. Maybe.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Don't forget the Robotic Unicycles from TMNT, they were in the Story Mode trailer shown today lol
I actually just realized what you were referring to. Those aren't enemies, those are part of a mini game to break as many of them as possible in a time limit.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if more enemies did show up.

Massive Story Mode Spoilers Ahead!

Multiple enemies, including the Foot Clan Ninjas, Jellyfish, and Cluster Drones have a second color variant with slightly altered A.I.

Weirdly, there are no Avatar enemies despite the fact Fire Nation soldiers would be a pretty obvious inclusion.

Characters from the same show have unique dialogue with characters from their own show, though as there are no NPCs for The Loud House, Hey Arnold, The Angry Beavers, The Wild Thornberrys, Garfield, Rocko's Modern Life, or Rugrats, characters from those shows only have unique dialogue with the bosses, however, every character has unique dialogue with all the boss characters they can face (four total for each character). They also have unique loss quotes.

Splinter, Clockwork, Dr. Wakeman, Gary, and later Gaz and Vlad hang around the hub area, which you can buy decorations for including but not limited to the Moai Stimpy heads, props from Rocko's house, Pariah's Casket of Forever Sleep, Appa, and more. There's at least one prop from each repped show, though some are there by default.

Hugh, Frida, Mrs. Puff, and Gir will give perks for free.

There are three currencies which can be spent at the hub or in the shops of Powdered Toast Man or the Cabbage Merchant. If you have it on hand to spend, you can grab multiple perks from them each time.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Can't exactly say "use big names in a big name series!? Errm, Marvel vs. Capcom much???" when it has a tendency to have both Spider-Man and Shuma-Gorath on the roster.
Shuma always got in as a dev favorite. Capcom asked to use him, and Marvel relented. Thankfully of course, I love Shuma.

That said a majority of the roster is still focused on the big names, no surprise there, but having a few more out-there picks is still good to see. This is the case in pretty much every game of this nature, so it's honestly getting quite tiresome seeing this discourse all the time.

Major characters are important. They should be there.

Some secondary or even obscure/minor characters can add more spice/variety. They should also be there.

Yes, Nick's roster in particular has some oddities/seemingly lopsided choices. Complaints over the lack of all 4 turtles or majority fired benders for ATTLA reps are valid. The roster as a whole though isn't bad.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That said a majority of the roster is still focused on the big names
Well yeah, but the difference with MvC is that no one acts like Shuma being there means you can't play as Spider-Man, or that there's a bogeyman who's out to get you for liking an iconic protagonist. That's what's tiresome about this. Especially since if that bogeyman is actually real, they clearly didn't have enough power to keep Hugh on the roster and Jimmy off.

That said, I do think they should've prioritized having all four Turtles this time around.

AreJay25

Campaign Mode spoilers, but man. The wording here definitely makes you think.

This definitely feels like it hints at Leo and Mikey coming down the line. Especially considering they're the only cut veterans with announcer calls.
Alright, here's my big brain hard read prediction.

We'll get Leo and Mikey as free updates, this game's equivalent to Shredder and Garfield. Their character models are essentially already done, it's just a matter of updating their movesets and giving them some alt costumes (they'd most likely have very similar ones to Raph and Donnie anyways, one being the shared comic style alt and another being a simple alt color).

After that, any other veterans they choose to bring back will be paid DLC.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Well yeah, but the difference with MvC is that no one acts like Shuma being there means you can't play as Spider-Man, or that there's a bogeyman who's out to get you for liking an iconic protagonist. That's what's tiresome about this. Especially since if that bogeyman is actually real, they clearly didn't have enough power to keep Hugh on the roster and Jimmy off.

That said, I do think they should've prioritized having all four Turtles this time around.
In MvC's case there was absolutely discourse regarding roster selection but that wasn't necessarily my point.

My comment was meant for both sides.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Alright, here's my big brain hard read prediction.

We'll get Leo and Mikey as free updates, this game's equivalent to Shredder and Garfield. Their character models are essentially already done, it's just a matter of updating their movesets and giving them some alt costumes (they'd most likely have very similar ones to Raph and Donnie anyways, one being the shared comic style alt and another being a simple alt color).

After that, any other veterans they choose to bring back will be paid DLC.
I don't know about that. If they were going that route they would have been leaked alongside the four DLC characters, unless they're actually meant to release after them of course. I'm also starting to think that Leo and Mikey were the only missing vets who were even considered to return and the rest were always gonna be cut no matter what.

Last edited:

AreJay25

I don't know about that. If they were going that route they would have been leaked alongside the four DLC characters, unless they're actually meant to release after them of course.
Well yeah. Realistically it'd be after the first fighters pass.

Those 4 already have a good amount of work put into them, so I'm imagining it as a nice little bonus before the next wave of DLC.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think that Splinter quote is being taken out of context - a few gallery pics leaked a while back and one of them showed Mikey and Leo as NPCs
Campaign spoilers
From what I've heard they don't appear at all in the campaign proper. Their models being in that ending scene is the only place they show up besides Donatello's super move.

Top Bottom