• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Well, uh, in case things couldn't get any leakier, apparently a playable build via a playtester just... giving it out is floating around.

Training mode seems like it'll be pretty solid at least. Miles better than anything Smash has ever offered outside of mods.
Lol that guy hates most platform fighters (especially Smash) with exception of Flash Party, I would not take his comments about Nick Brawl 2 seriously

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lol that guy hates most platform fighters (especially Smash) with exception of Flash Party, I would not take his comments about Nick Brawl 2 seriously
Oh I didn't care too much for his snide comment lmao. Just saw that he got access to a build and thought it was worth sharing.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah this is definitely real, imo. From everything that's leaked, it seems like these were text strings left behind in the Tips and Moves sections.

I'm guessing whoever called this a mid pass just really hates Rocksteady lmao. The other three are objectively incredibly popular characters both within the fandom and outside it (yes, Iroh was pretty damn requested during the first game. Not at the level of Zuko, but he often ranked around like, Ember's level on the polls I saw).

All in all I'm incredibly happy with this lineup. Three absolute bangers, and one I'm eh on, but I like rhinos so he's okay in my book.
Or just find it bizarre that they're adding two additional firebenders on top of Azula getting in the base roster. That's now 3/5 Avatar reps that are pure firebenders and we also don't have any earthbenders because they cut Toph.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Or just find it bizarre that they're adding two additional firebenders on top of Azula getting in the base roster. That's now 3/5 Avatar reps that are pure firebenders and we also don't have any earthbenders because they cut Toph.
I mean they're all Fire Benders but based on what we know, Zuko and Azula play nothing alike (Iroh certainly doesn't either, it's just none of his moveset has leaked). Azula is a Rushdown fighter who combines fire and lightning bending. Zuko is a stance changer who can switch between bending and his twin blades.

As the Resident Fire Emblem Defender here there is literally nothing wrong with having all three.

AreJay25

Rocksteady's the only character really that makes me go "what lead to this?" Like, the more I think about his inclusion the more confused I get. Certainly Bebop HAS to be included in his moveset in some capacity, right? It's basically the same situation as the Turtles at that point; I don't really think of one half without the other.

It just seems weird that they'd pick him specifically. Even if it was just a villain pick... Krang's right there, and Krabs shows NPC's can make the cut.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I mean they're all Fire Benders but based on what we know, Zuko and Azula play nothing alike (Iroh certainly doesn't either, it's just none of his moveset has leaked). Azula is a Rushdown fighter who combines fire and lightning bending. Zuko is a stance changer who can switch between bending and his twin blades.

As the Resident Fire Emblem Defender here there is literally nothing wrong with having all three.
These four characters are all cool choices in a vacuum. They just feel really strange with the omissions we have.

Not just the cuts. But some possible newcomers too.
It really is quite strange. Both are true statements; it really just is the characters that missed the boat that make it seem so odd.

[spolier] For me Krabs is a solid choice, Zuko is great, and if Iroh is true then I'll be ecstatic since he's actually among my most wanted. Rocksteady I'm not really too interested in, but I don't find his inclusion offensive as some people are taking it. I totally get the frustration mind you. Only halving 2 turtles is never not going to be weird. Nor is Rocksteady my (or most people's) first choice for another TMNT rep, but I still look forward to seeing what they do with him if this does turn out to be true.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know enough about TMNT to know if any of this points to Bebop somehow being included, but here's the part of You Know Who's moveset that leaked.
Screenshot_20231018-180134~2.png

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I love half the lineup, I do, but I just can't get behind Rocksteady and Iroh. I've already explained my beef with the former, but for Iroh, I'm sorry I just don't see any reason every bender needs to be a firebender. Fire's cool, Iroh's one of fiction's greatest characters, but I think an Earth Kingom, Water Tribe, or even a character from Korra should've been priority over three Fire Nation characters.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I love half the lineup, I do, but I just can't get behind Rocksteady and Iroh. I've already explained my beef with the former, but for Iroh, I'm sorry I just don't see any reason every bender needs to be a firebender. Fire's cool, Iroh's one of fiction's greatest characters, but I think an Earth Kingom, Water Tribe, or even a character from Korra should've been priority over three Fire Nation characters.
And Avatar getting two separate DLC slots where both have some overlap in terms of moveset with a fighter already in the base roster.

Faso115

Smash Lord
The question is if they will get Clancy Brown.

Probably yes, but it would be funny if they dont. (For some reason, Dante Basco didn't return for Zuko but the ATLA are a weird mixbag where most of the OG cast didn't return, but it kinda makes sense for Aang at least)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
"We don't wanna complete sets!"

closer to completing the entire Fire Nation royal family than the damn Ninja Turtles
Honestly, fair. As much as I personally like those particular choices, it does make the lack of all turtles even more jarring.

Plus I do think it'd be nice to round out the Avatar portion of the roster with some actual team avatar characters to make it a bit less lopsided.

Though I guess Zuko counts as both and Iroh as well to a lesser extent. What I mean is we should've kept Toph and then added Katara on top for a water bender. Sokka would be great too, but then I do think we'd be giving Avatar too much favoritism.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Why would they have Krabs as a background cameo if he was planned to be DLC from the start?

I’m fine with Zuko and Iroh both being there, hell I’m downright happy about it, I love these guys. I don’t think there’s any chance of moveset overlap otherwise why would they have both of them AND Azula? They probably got something cool cooked up for Iroh.

AreJay25

Why would they have Krabs as a background cameo if he was planned to be DLC from the start?
Maybe Krabs' cameo appearance was supposed to be the Heihachi Mii costume of the game? Show something beforehand to make people think a character isn't coming (Krabs NPC/Heihachi costume) and then surprise everyone later on (Krabs DLC/Kazuya).

Or I could be severely overthinking it and they just made the decision halfway through development lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I think it's a lot simpler.

I think they already planned on Bun Wrestling to be a stage but wanted it to be a bit more lively. They knew they were going to make Krabs a DLC fighter, so they just added his model there (the sweatsuit is likely an alt) to spice up the stage a bit, with the added bonus of it making Krabs more of a surprise once he arrived, given he was a popular choice.

My two cents on that leak is that those four would be mediocre IMO. I don't want to spoil anything, but I'd probably stick with the base game only.

With that said, in an attempt to spin a more positive tale, I've been wondering how the roster would look if NASB really was like Smash.

1: Tommy (Rugrats)
2: Ickis (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
3: Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
4: Stimpy (The Ren and Stimpy Show)
5: Arnold (Hey Arnold!)
6: Daggett (The Angry Beavers)
7: CatDog
8: The Flesh (KaBlam!)
9: Chuckie (Rugrats)
10: Ren Hoek (Ren and Stimpy)
11: Eliza Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
12: Slap T. Pooch (Oh Yeah! Cartoons)

1: Tommy
2: Ickis
3: Rocko
4: Stimpy
5: Arnold
6: Daggett
8: The Flesh
9: Chuckie
10: Ren Hoek
11: Eliza Thornberry
12: Slap T. Pooch
13: Spongebob (Spongebob Squarepants)
14: Angelica (Rugrats)
15: Helga (Hey Arnold!)
16: Reptar (Rugrats)
17: Otto (Rocket Power)
18: Patrick (Spongebob Squarepants)
19: Timmy Turner (The Fairly OddParents)
20: Norbert (The Angry Beavers)
21: Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
22: Ginger (As Told by Ginger)
23: Vlad (Oh Yeah! Cartoons)
24: Powdered Toast Man (The Ren and Stimpy Show)
25: Mighty Mouse (Terrytoons)

13: Spongebob
14: Angelica
15: Helga
16: Reptar
17: Otto
18: Patrick
19: Timmy Turner
20: Norbert
21: Oblina
22: Ginger
23: Vlad the Count
24: Powdered Toast Man
25: Mighty Mouse
26: Jimmy Neutron
27: Zim (Invader Zim)
28: Snap (ChalkZone)
29: Jenny (My Life as a Teenage Robot)
30: Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
31: Danny Phantom
32: Squidward (Spongebob Squarepants)
33: Heffer (Rocko's Modern Life)
34: Mr. Horse (The Ren and Stimpy Show)
35: Vlad Plasmius (Danny Phantom)
36: Vicky (The Fairly OddParents)
37: Mr. Blik (Catscratch)
38: Kappa Mikey
39: Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)

27: Zim
28: Snap
29: Jenny
30: Aang
32: Squidward
33: Heffer
34: Mr. Horse
35: Vlad Plasmius
36: Vicky
37: Mr. Blik
39: Bugs Bunny
40: Otis (Barnyard)
41: Skipper (The Penguins of Madagascar)
42: Po (Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness)
43: Fanboy (Fanboy and Chum Chum)
44: Sheen (Jimmy Neutron)
45: Korra (The Legend of Korra)
46: Bloom (Winx Club)
47: Leonardo (TMNT)
48: Dudley Puppy (T.U.F.F. Puppy)
49: Sanjay and Craig
50: El Tigre
51: Tak (Tak and the Power of Juju)

40: Otis
41: Skipper
42: Po
43: Fanboy
44: Sheen
45: Korra
46: Bloom
47: Leonardo
48: Dudley Puppy
51: Tak
52: Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
53: Harvey Beaks
54: Bunsen (Bunsen Is a Beast!)
55: Olly Timbers (Welcome to the Wayne)
56: Loopy (KaBlam!)
57: Crimson Chin (The Fairly OddParents)
58: Kitty Katswell (T.U.F.F. Puppy)
59: Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob Squarepants)
60: Mr. Krabs (Spongebob Squarepants)
61: Gertie (Hey Arnold!)
62: Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
63: Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
64: Gir (Invader Zim)
65: Henry Danger
66: Rambamboo (Breadwinners)
67: Cricket (Pig Goat Banana Cricket)
68: Count Duckula
69: Ember McLain (Danny Phantom)
70: Shredder (TMNT)
71: Pinky Malinky
72: Garfield
73: Miko (Glitch Techs)
74: Dora (Dora the Explorer)
75: Doug Funnie (Doug)

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
My two cents on that leak is that those four would be mediocre IMO. I don't want to spoil anything, but I'd probably stick with the base game only.

With that said, in an attempt to spin a more positive tale, I've been wondering how the roster would look if NASB really was like Smash.

Super Splat Bros. 64

Super Splat Bros. Melee

Super Splat Bros. Brawl

Super Splat Bros. Colosseum

Super Splat Bros. Ultimate

Did you want to maybe use spoilers for your long list so people can collapse it and open at their leisure?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They would. Those three series are already the most represented series in the base game, and now they're getting even more reps with SBSP and Avatar being pushed up to 5 reps each and TMNT having four while every other series in the game only has 1 or 2 reps. That's 14 out of the total 29 characters that are either from SpongeBob, TMNT, or Avatar, which is almost half of the roster coming from just three shows. This reminds me a lot of Melee's roster, which was dominated heavily by Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon, with those three franchises also having a combined 14 reps in total with every other series only having 1 or 2 reps. Plus Rocksteady (without Bebop) is a strange choice to represent TMNT when there's better options out there even if you discount Leo, Mikey, and Shredder, and don't get me started on them adding not one but two additional firebenders when they already have one in the base game.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Honestly I'm pretty okay with the DLC lineup. I don't know exactly how the devs choose characters in this game, it just seems like they're throwing darts at a board blindfolded at this point. I just know I prefer this lineup more than some of the other DLC predictions.

Mr Krabs: As far as Spongebob characters go, Mr Krabs was one of the only ones that really felt "missing" (in addition to Sandy, RIP). I really have no complaints about him as he can be a fun character and fits well into the roster.

Zuko: This is the character that makes the most sense as he was highly requested even during NASB 1. He'll also be the one to draw the most hype most likely.

Iroh: This is a popular character that works well on paper, but in this lineup he is very much a WTF pick. It is just bizarre how he is going to be revealed alongside Zuko, thus giving two spots to ATLA firebenders. I know that he and Zuko have their own unique fighting styles and will likely play very differently, but it is still strange that two characters with very similar powersets are on the same pass.

Rocksteady: This is very much a WTF pick, but I'm actually not hating it. If anything, I'm very curious as to how Rocksteady is going to work in this game, hopefully his moveset will incorporate Bebop in some fashion, as Bebop and Rocksteady are pretty much a package deal in every one of their appearances. Though I'd much prefer Splinter or a different mutant like Leatherhead, Rocksteady could be interesting as a pick and I kinda dig it.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I like this.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
They're full of **** for that one ngl.
Nah. The devs clearly don't care about completing groups and every single one of their decisions so far supports that. You can not like it all you want, but it's their decision.

Very curious as to what makes you think SpongeBob wouldn't be in the first installment of a Nickelodeon fighting game.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Nah. The devs clearly don't care about completing groups and every single one of their decisions so far supports that. You can not like it all you want, but it's their decision.

Very curious as to what makes you think SpongeBob wouldn't be in the first installment of a Nickelodeon fighting game.
I think the idea is that "Splat 64" would also release at around the same time as Smash 64, hence Spongebob would likely be too new to have been included during development as both debuted in 1999.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly people really underestimated how different they could make Those Characters™. Will elaborate below.

"But there are three Fire Benders!"

Based on what we now know, all three follow very different game plans. Azula is a combo-heavy rushdown fighter who uses fire bending mixed with her signature lightning bending.

Zuko is a stance-changing fighter (funny in a meta sense since he went through a redemption arc lmao) who can switch between a pure fire bending style and his twin swords. This instantly separates him from Azula.

Finally, Iroh seems to be a bait-and-punish fighter who can self-buff to increase his range and power at will, who focuses on patient play to overcome foes who underestimate him. He's also very likely a great deal heavier than Zuko or Azula, once again setting himself apart.

And the beauty of this is that all three of them shine through as different characters and personalities.

Azula being fierce and in-your-face, skilled and oppressive (even sadistic) is totally in character.

Zuko finding balance and walking the correct path in his life is reflected in a stance change mechanic. Due to having a sword stance he's likely not as fast as Azula, as sword frame data tends to be slower, but he's also more adaptable. This is totally in character.

Iroh's game plan revolves around him punishing a foe for underestimating him, for not taking him seriously, and giving them a reminder of why he was such a feared general in his younger years. Patient, but strong. This is absolutely in character.

Even from what little information we have about Zuko and Iroh, you can absolutely tell that the team fully understood all three of the Fire Nation characters and brought out what made them all unique splendidly.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There's a couple things I wanted to post.
First is just a kind of plea for good talks (which i think a lot have been good in the last while here still) The second thing is about the likeliness of the leaks being true, but more in terms of why I always think it's good to look at things realistically instead of 'believing' even in cases of high likelihood.

1. Everyone's allowed to have their view or take on things, including characters and dlc, and leaks. It's good to find nicer ways to talk if some people are invested in someting particular. People who get annoyed with a subject can still voice it ideally nicely too, but I understand people being emotional too.

2. No matter how trustworthy some leakers have come to be and how it's likely what some of them say or found is the case, there's still some chance, whether it's small or not, that they could be wrong, for different reasons, in example (reasons not needing to be likely, just add to different cases):
-They could be misleading for some reason. For fun or to make people think differently, even if it's not what most of them for NASB 2 have been like.
-They could have misinterpreted data
- Misinterpreted the dev teams intentions for whatever data there is, like testing possible character ideas for dlc. (this is really unlikely when at some point playtesters actually play the characters though, but still about chances). Or devs changing idea at some point.
-The devs intentionally misleading to throw people off. I feel like the krabs part fits that, even if it's possible and easy enough to not have the stage cameo too.
-Could even be one bad singular source sharing data around that others took on. Again doesn't have to be a big likelihood for there to add chances. (not 'guaranteed')

And the last thing I wanna say is just please go easy on me, I'm particularly sensitive in the last while. I'm really fine with people having different thoughts on it, I just like to point out these things because.. I do that with certain topics, besides just gushing on the game or wanting to chat, etc.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
every single one of their decisions so far supports that
SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy
SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward

No matter how you slice it, both are examples of "completing groups", one is the trio of SB characters that video games usually have playable, the other is the trio of Conch Street neighbors. If they were truly dedicated to not completing groups we'd probably see Squidward replace Patrick in 2, or the SB reps in the first game being something like SpongeBob, Mrs. Puff, Larry.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
part of me thinks they've responded to the demand for zuko by adding in as many characters related to him as they can. i wonder if his dad will show up

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I still don't believe that Sandy was added to tie in with previous SpongeBob games - like, yeah, the devs did play (or at least watched gameplay footage of) other licensed games, there's tons of references to them in the NASB 1 movesets (with Sandy herself arguably having the most), but I think the logic was "scientist-karate-cowgirl? let's do that!" - if it had any impact on the roster selection it'd probably be "Sandy's in a lot of games, there's a lot of source material!", not "Sandy's in a lot of games, let's stick to tradition!". If they wanted the roster to harken back to earlier Nick games, Jimmy would've absolutely been NASB 1 base - hell, in general there'd be a lot more of a 2000s emphasis than even NASB 2's newcomer set since that's when Nick started doing crossover games in the first place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom