• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Pardon if this has been asked before, but is Rango eligible to get in at all?
I guess so, because Jimmy Neutron started as a movie too. Officially from what we know the only non eligible characters are the live action one. I'm guessing Nick Jr. character would be hard to add but there was never any word officially of them not being eligible. Rango I think it could be fine.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think any show that's aimed at very young kids is a tough sell, so i'm not expecting anything from Nick Jr.

We are still debating if adding the rugrats is kosher or not.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think any show that's aimed at very young kids is a tough sell, so i'm not expecting anything from Nick Jr.

We are still debating if adding the rugrats is kosher or not.
Yeah. When simply saying that you want one of the Rugrats kids in the game causes a massive debate to ensue I'm not really expecting any Nick Jr. content. Although despite this Lisa Loud is sometimes brought up in discussions about new TLH reps even though she's one year older than Angelica is.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
insert reference to Jenny technically being 5 years old

So I was looking the Nickelodeon Wiki to see if there are any documented instances of a Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. property appearing together in a crossover. I found only two instances:
  • An episode of Big Time Rush centered around the band making a cameo on Yo Gabba Gabba, as well as an earlier episode featuring an appearance by Brobee.
  • An episode of Ryan's Mystery Playdate featuring Captain Man from Henry Danger.
The former is a half-example since Yo Gabba Gabba exists as a TV show in the Big Time Rush universe, and none of the shows in these examples are cartoons. Make of that what you will.

So I was looking the Nickelodeon Wiki to see if there are any documented instances of a Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. property appearing together in a crossover. I found only two instances:
  • An episode of Big Time Rush centered around the band making a cameo on Yo Gabba Gabba, as well as an earlier episode featuring an appearance by Brobee.
  • An episode of Ryan's Mystery Playdate featuring Captain Man from Henry Danger.
The former is a half-example since Yo Gabba Gabba exists as a TV show in the Big Time Rush universe, and none of the shows in these examples are cartoons. Make of that what you will.
I mean, Henry Danger got an animated spinoff. Should that explain it?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I was going to mention that as an aside, but given that it's a live-action appearance of the character, I didn't think it was very relevant.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

There was one episode of Drake and Josh that showed that Dora the Explorer existed as a TV show in-universe, but yeah, yet another example of it just being, oddly enough, Nick Jr. cameoing in a live action Nickelodeon show.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

If it counts,
  • Spongebob characters appeared in some Nick Jr. commercials when it first started getting really popular.
  • Nick Jr characters and actors often show up at the KCAs, Steve from Blues Clues (as in the character, not the actor Steve Burns) presented an award one year.
  • Whenever Nick does a sports event on their channel, it's both Nick and Nick Jr. characters.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
There was one episode of Drake and Josh that showed that Dora the Explorer existed as a TV show in-universe, but yeah, yet another example of it just being, oddly enough, Nick Jr. cameoing in a live action Nickelodeon show.
There's also that time that Dora showed up in a gag in Fred: The Movie, if we're counting that sort of thing. I hate that I remember this, too.
All this talk reminds me of that one rumored crossover promo between The Osbournes and the Nick Jr. show Oswald. That would definitely be the funniest case of this happening if its existence were ever confirmed.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

There's a Nickelodeon DVD Bingo that crosses over Nick and Nick Jr.:

Alongside SpongeBob, Danny Phantom, Catscratch and ATLA, you also have stuff like Dora, Blues Clues, Backyardigans and even LazyTown in this "game".

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just wait until you hear about retirement homes

I hear they have way, way more than 1 (one) (ONE) grandma in them

And NO Jimmy Neutron or El Tigre! (unless the people in them have iPads with Paramount+ and they're using them to watch Nicktoons instead of the Andy Griffith Show)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well in an attempt to swiftly change the subject: which costumes do think we'll have to pay extra for?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
well in an attempt to swiftly change the subject: which costumes do think we'll have to pay extra for?
I've actually been trying to figure this out for the characters I'm interested in. Though for Jimmy and Gerald I don't think we've seen enough of their alts to have an idea.

For Nigel, the safari hat is absolutely base game imo, since that was his alt the first time around. So it's a toss up between his formal servicewear and his sweater and Peruvian hat outfit. I think the formal wear is probably the base outfit out of the two since it features much more prominently in his showcase, so maybe most of the footage was taken from a non-DLC copy.

Likewise for Gertie, we know her stealth outfit is base game due to TKBreezy's goof of the century. So it's a toss up between her chef hat and apron, and her gi. I think the gi is probably base game for the same reason as Nigel's formal wear, making the chef attire her deluxe costume.

For similar reasons, I think (and hope) Squidward's base game costumes are the artist outfit and the Band Geeks uniform.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another reason why Timmy might not happen aside from all the legal issues is that it's difficult to come up with a moveset for him that doesn't violate the show's lore. Particularly the whole "you're not allowed to use magic to win a competition" thing.
Same way Arnold isn't in the game due to being a pacificist.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I was referring to DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire , who just above likened the entire game to a ****post just for one character. ONE!
Not only are you literally doing the exact same thing, but you're also trying to point fingers. For shame.

Lucy looks awesome, I'm honestly glad that out of the 2 Loud House characters we got in the first game, they kept her. I always thought she was the cooler character from the entire cast, and she was also more interesting than Lincoln in NASB1. And now she looks even better.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, we should definitely have Timmy and his Pikmin by now. What are they thinking?
Anyway Lucy looks alright. Maybe a little overcomplicated for me, but she's got some neat tools. If I do play her, Ghost Mode will definitely be my go-to. Look at that MOVEMENT!
And yeah, RIP Lincoln Logs. He'll be missed by some, I'm sure.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point. If ya just look at NASB2 more as a reboot then an actual sequel. It takes away the hurt of the cut veterans (Except Lincoln of course...Dammit I really wanted to fight my Aussie bro online with our favorite characters...).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Lucy seems really complex as a character, like quite a few. Very cool. I'll definitely be trying her and see how the stances feel, I kinda like how she plays quite a bit, though seems have to be careful about the lightness from her forms again. I'm not sure how I feel about slowing down opponents but I guess I'll be using it when I play her xD

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
At this point. If ya just look at NASB2 more as a reboot then an actual sequel. It takes away the hurt of the cut veterans (Except Lincoln of course...Dammit I really wanted to fight my Aussie bro online with our favorite characters...).
Can't do that, it objectively isn't a reboot. It's marketed as a sequel and has a lot of improvements from the original like a sequel should.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Can't do that, it objectively isn't a reboot. It's marketed as a sequel and has a lot of improvements from the original like a sequel should.
Technically it is, but it's labeled as a sequel. The whole game was rebuilt almost from scratch as opposed to building off the first game. And this is nothing new in gaming. Doom 3 was also a reboot that was labeled as a sequel.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sequels for fighting games can be revamps as well that has cuts. I think the point is they really amped up the quality and made the characters much more packed full of goodies, on quite a few fronts.

Doesn't stop it from sucking that the cuts were made, but .. there's so much good stuff in the game :D.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And with that, Lincoln's chances of ever coming back are dead. And I think that a newcomer in the next game will permanently bury any chance that he will ever be playable again.

Top Bottom