• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If Zuko is added, they might end up having to lean into using his swords more, mostly so he wouldn't be a clone of Azula.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think they would add a character from Korra, if we already have as many from last air bender

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've re-watched both Avatar and Korra but sometimes I don't have the best memory, I feel like I haven't seen Zuko use swords and fire at the same time, it's been one or the other.

Although those characters are much less iconic than the Avatar cast.
Fair enough. I was thinking along the lines of Toph being re-added so then there'd be 3 avatar characters, it'd feel unbalanced when it comes to Korra's side, I'd think they would add there before adding a 4th avatar character

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've re-watched both Avatar and Korra but sometimes I don't have the best memory, I feel like I haven't seen Zuko use swords and fire at the same time, it's been one or the other.

Fair enough. I was thinking along the lines of Toph being re-added so then there'd be 3 avatar characters, it'd feel unbalanced when it comes to Korra's side, I'd think they would add there before adding a 4th avatar character
That exactly happened in KR3. They gave ATLA 2 new reps in Toph and Zuko while LOK remained only represented by Korra herself.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We had 3 veteran fighters as dlc for smash 4, to me that counts enough. And I think makes more sense than no lincoln at all xD.
But still, it would be weird to make the missing veteran that the fandom wants back the least as DLC. But at least the child audience exists to possibly justify this move, but I don't know.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But still, it would be weird to make the missing veteran that the fandom wants back the least as DLC. But at least the child audience exists to possibly justify this move, but I don't know.
I just think he'll be in since Lucy's in, whether base or dlc. I guess he could be just totally out of it but I'd find that weird.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

The devs have already shown to not care about balance and obligation at all. Korra has inferior characters in terms of popularity and potential. It doesn't make sense to add any over the iconic Last Airbender crew.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The devs have already shown to not care about balance and obligation at all. Korra has inferior characters in terms of popularity and potential. It doesn't make sense to add any over the iconic Last Airbender crew.
Especially considering their continued insistence on only having two turtles despite massive fan demand to have all four.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll disagree with that XD. But I understand your point.

I wonder if there's more reason for Arnold not being in the games, like if nick want him to be pacifist.

Especially considering their continued insistence on only having two turtles despite massive fan demand to have all four.
I still think the other 2 turtles to show up. I could easily be wrong tho ;p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If they didn't have 'any' sense of balance then I don't think they wouldve decided to go with the other 2 turtles this time around.

And no clue what they were thinking for the hey arnold characters xD. (besides maybe the same kind of thing, wanting to let other characters get a spotlight)
Not having rugrat babies in makes sense in another way

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tbh my ideal Avatar lineup is Aang, Katara, Toph, Sokka, and Zuko

I do not like Legend of Korra (except season 3 which was actually really good)
As far as the show itself goes, I like Avatar better, including for having more humour. But I connected more to Korra on a more serious level, and thought the spirit realm was super cool. So anyway I'm super glad Korra is in.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Ok, I'm seein' some (imo) somewhat goofy opinions getting pased around regarding Zuko.

I'm sure that when Zuko gets into NASB, he'll use his sword... BECAUSE Azula is getting in first and that's how the devs will differentiate him. Yes, Azula also has lightning bending, but that would not feel very different on a first-impression level evaluation of the feel of the movesets, which is important from a stylistic and marketing perspective.
In a world where Zuko is the first playable firebender, he would not use his sword. His Book 1/2 style of unarmed firebending is iconic and much more closely associated with him than his sword. That's what his moveset would be based on, with his sword maybe being used in like 3 attacks.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I dunno why Smash cutting Pikachu of all characters is considered some "ridiculous hypothetical that shows how weird cutting Lincoln would be". Pokemon fans hate him, competitive Smash fans hate him, and Pokemon is so well-established and ubiquitous now that virtually any Gen 1 Pokemon could be considered equally as big a selling point for the game, especially Mewtwo or the starters who are already in. Unlikely? yes, but unwise? No.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
About Rugrats, I think there's one possible idea to have the babies themselves represented as fighters.

Having Tommy and Chuckie riding on Spike with the dog himself doing most of the fighting while the babies help by using toys to attack.

(You could have the other babies as alternate palette swaps)

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I dunno why Smash cutting Pikachu of all characters is considered some "ridiculous hypothetical that shows how weird cutting Lincoln would be". Pokemon fans hate him, competitive Smash fans hate him, and Pokemon is so well-established and ubiquitous now that virtually any Gen 1 Pokemon could be considered equally as big a selling point for the game, especially Mewtwo or the starters who are already in. Unlikely? yes, but unwise? No.
Wait. I get some competitive Smash players being salty, but since when do Smash players or Pokemon fans hate Pikachu? There have definitely been complaints about over reliance on Gen 1 for a good decade now, but Pikachu is still a well liked Pokemon for most. Plus with it being the franchise/company mascot, of course it's going to be pushed more than others.

More to the point I don't think they're one to one comparisons anyway. How did we get to this exactly?

Please let me know if I'm missing something, it's 4 in the morning and I am responding to this half asleep.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Imagine telling a kid who likes Lincoln that their favorite character wasn't cute enough or likable enough to the game's periphery demographic. They're not gunning for a purely adult audience here. Same goes for Pikachu, a lot of adults are annoyed at the overexposure but Pikachu is still liked and accepted as a significant element of the franchise. Remember that they still have to market these games to kids (sure, Spongebob alone can sell a game, but having faces the kids recognize is important. Jungle Movie flopped ratings wise because kids these days didn't grow up with or recognize Hey Arnold).

He's also by far the most recognizable character in the main cast. Whereas any time we rated a sister in RTC most of you couldn't remember who was who (even I had this problem before I got into the show). Hell, I'm willing to bet that most of Lucy's mains have never seen the show (not saying that its a requirement to main a character, but still).

Both Lincoln and Pikachu would definitely have their absence felt if they were cut from their respective games. Even if they aren't the most popular options, they're the most recognizable to a lot of people and it would feel jarring to see them gone. Yes, the devs aren't known for the most expectant decisions, but this is a different situation than someone like Arnold or Eliza.

More to the point I don't think they're one to one comparisons anyway. How did we get to this exactly?
A lot of (valid) comparisons being made between the potential of Lincoln being cut and cutting the protagonist of a major ongoing franchise in Smash like Pikachu/Link/Kirby, and how bizarre both instances would be.

Like, imagine the reactions if they cut someone like Aang or Danny.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Imagine telling a kid who likes Lincoln that their favorite character wasn't cute enough or likable enough to the game's periphery demographic. They're not gunning for a purely adult audience here. Same goes for Pikachu, a lot of adults are annoyed at the overexposure but Pikachu is still liked and accepted as a significant element of the franchise. Remember that they still have to market these games to kids (sure, Spongebob alone can sell a game, but having faces the kids recognize is important. Jungle Movie flopped ratings wise because kids these days didn't grow up with or recognize Hey Arnold).

He's also by far the most recognizable character in the main cast. Whereas any time we rated a sister in RTC most of you couldn't remember who was who (even I had this problem before I got into the show). Hell, I'm willing to bet that most of Lucy's mains have never seen the show (not saying that its a requirement to main a character, but still).

Both Lincoln and Pikachu would definitely have their absence felt if they were cut from their respective games. Even if they aren't the most popular options, they're the most recognizable to a lot of people and it would feel jarring to see them gone. Yes, the devs aren't known for the most expectant decisions, but this is a different situation than someone like Arnold or Eliza.

A lot of (valid) comparisons being made between the potential of Lincoln being cut and cutting the protagonist of a major ongoing franchise in Smash like Pikachu/Link/Kirby, and how bizarre both instances would be.

Like, imagine the reactions if they cut someone like Aang or Danny.
Yep. People who want Lincoln cut (I used to be one of them) forget that this game isn't just for adults. It's for kids too, and they need to add characters for them too. Cutting Lincoln because he's not "cute" or "marketable" enough as his sisters would be devastating for the game's appeal among the child demographic. I think that Lincoln would be much more popular if he was a girl.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think that Lincoln would be much more popular if he was a girl.
I mean, if a show's main cast comprises of 1 boy and 10 girls, of course the likelihood of someone's favourite being a girl is EXTREMELY high. Lincoln not being a girl most likely has nothing to do with his lack of popularity - assuming that's even a thing in the TLH fandom - and it moreso just comes from the fact that Lincoln isn't elaborately themed like the goth/British punk/sports/genius scientist girls.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Stop using Pikachu for the Lincoln analogy, Loud House is more like Splatoon or something. It’s the recent huge hit for a long standing entertainment company. Pokémon and Loud House are not remotely comparable.

I hope there’s a showcase today and it isn’t Lucy so that for a maximum of five glorious seconds we can talk about something other than Lincoln Loud.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Stop using Pikachu for the Lincoln analogy, Loud House is more like Splatoon or something. It’s the recent huge hit for a long standing entertainment company. Pokémon and Loud House are not remotely comparable.

I hope there’s a showcase today and it isn’t Lucy so that for a maximum of five glorious seconds we can talk about something other than Lincoln Loud.
ATLA is actually Nick's Splatoon, not TLH.

Top Bottom