• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Of all the newcomers "taking a spot" from a cut vet, only Azula feels like she has some justification for doing so. Toph is cool but giving her up for Azula is a fair trade. What its not is doing the same mistake with the turtles. And i like beavers, but not enough to replace Catdog
To reiterate, this is not what happened. The newcomers were not added to "replace" anyone; they were choices made independent of any eventual cuts. I dunno what else I gotta say to drive this myth out of y'all's heads.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, so there's our Helga cut. Assuming you believe Blackimar. Do note he is not the person who sent the initial leaked images.

So we have three potentially axed characters, and the safety net of "no cut veterans in the NASB1 footage" is potentially gone. We still have no confirmation on anyone else.

As for Nigel... his neutral and side special feel like they should be the other way around. It's weird that they wanted to make him Jigglypuff for sure. His moveset looks nice, and I love the new stage.

The new Hey Arnold stage looks pretty, I'll say that. Note that before we saw Ember we got the tease of a new DP stage. Maybe we can expect a new Hey Arnold character next week.

That said we still have no proof all eleven are gone and with Rep confirming characters are chosen "in batches" it's possible the build playtesters have was prior to approval of some characters.

I'm gonna maintain my optimism and expect our cuts are just five, and I think Shredder and Sandy might just be the ones that got axed, which would lead our remaining fighters to be Oblina, CatDog, Toph, Michelangelo, Leonardo, and Lincoln. Not a bad lineup if true.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Nigel really IS just Jigglypuff. Lot of moves in common and they got Hungrybox to narrate.

Damn. Helga was one of the characters I was hoping we wouldn't lose. I don't want to keep harping on Gertie but it's still so damn bizarre we lost what's essentially just as much the main character of the show as Arnold is for YER LOONY GRANDMA

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can we talk about how much BETTER Nigel's new stage is? It's flashy, it's dynamic, and it represents his series a hell of a lot better than that generic waterfall did. Whether you're a fan of the more casual layouts or not, you can't deny this is an OBJECTIVE improvement.
Seems like the Puff comparisons will actually make some degree of sense now that Nigel is basically Puff. I'm liking this new, more fluid Nigel a lot. Dunno how much I'll play him since I'm not big into footsies characters, but that movement looks like a ton of fun. Also, HE DOES THAT THING WITH HIS HANDS NOW. Character cuts be damned, this game's already perfect.
And yeah, press F for Helga. Seems that placeholder page was nothing more than a placeholder after all.
Oi RileyXY1 RileyXY1 what was that about Helga not being an NPC?

Whelp at this point Lincoln is probably a background character as well on Loch Loud.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Now there’s a chance that Lincoln is the only missing veteran who stays. We’ve already seen his home stage.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wrap it up folks. All 11 veterans are officially cut if Helga is anything to go by. Lincoln's going to be a background character as well on Loch Loud.
Now there’s a chance that Lincoln is the only missing veteran who stays. We’ve already seen his home stage.
Typical Riley.

It's over fam. All 11 are being cut. Lincoln's gonna be a background character.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Wrap it up folks. All 11 veterans are officially cut if Helga is anything to go by. Lincoln's going to be a background character as well on Loch Loud.

Typical Riley.

Unless Loch Loud is for a free update character he’s staying.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unless Loch Loud is for a free update character he’s staying.
We're not getting free updates apparently if what was said earlier is anything to go by.

You're really clinging onto this aren't you? Just jumping to the next thing possible despite the evidence being shown this is the case. You need to accept defeat at this point.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Typical Riley.

No idea why Nick would sign off on this...

Anyway, now that Helga's website leak has been debunked, my guess is that the fighters from that Kevin image could be the ones that are gone.

For those of us trying to remain optimistic about a game with a 2/10 roster, here's the updated list thing:

Mikey/Leo: Donnie/Raph Use some of their moves
Sandy: No Evidence
Lincoln: No Loud House newcomers/Stage Theory (Keep an eye on Lucy's Showcase)
Hugh: Story Mode NPC - DECONFIRMED
Helga: Stage Cameo - DECONFIRMED
Powdered Toast Man:
1 Ren and Stimpy Stage, Toast Shine + Superhero pose in the duo's moveset,
CatDog: No Evidence
Oblina: No Evidence
Toph: No Evidence
Shredder: No Evidence

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
No idea why Nick would sign off on this...

Anyway, now that Helga's website leak has been debunked, my guess is that the fighters from that Kevin image could be the ones that are gone.

For those of us trying to remain optimistic about a game with a 2/10 roster, here's the updated list thing:

Mikey/Leo: Donnie/Raph Use some of their moves
Sandy: No Evidence
Lincoln: No Loud House newcomers/Stage Theory (Keep an eye on Lucy's Showcase)
Hugh: Story Mode NPC - DECONFIRMED
Helga: Stage Cameo - DECONFIRMED
Powdered Toast Man: 1 Ren and Stimpy Stage, Toast Shine + Superhero pose in the duo's moveset,
CatDog: No Evidence
Oblina: No Evidence
Toph: No Evidence
Shredder: No Evidence
I think that the story mode pic could be a leak for the cut characters, so we’re only keeping Lincoln, CatDog, Oblina, and Shredder.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Blackimar also had this to say about the DLC:

IMG_3175.jpg

So, like, if he knows the DLC like this implies he does, I'd find it SUPER weird if he wouldn't also know the final base roster, plus he straight says he likes the final roster. Not an official confirmation or anything but still something to consider, I guess.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I have reason to believe CatDog and an ARM character might be part of the DLC, but that's just speculation.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Blackimar also had this to say about the DLC:

View attachment 377765

So, like, if he knows the DLC like this implies he does, I'd find it SUPER weird if he wouldn't also know the final base roster, plus he straight says he likes the final roster. Not an official confirmation or anything but still something to consider, I guess.
Somehow I really doubt this. Knowing a base roster is one thing but how would he know characters who presumably haven't started development

Unless they're on disk DLC in which case don't pull a SFxT on us guys

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think it's going to be two vets and two newcomers. So my guess is

CatDog
Otis
Olbina
Timmy Turner
I'd be fine with that lineup

To be clear I'm not actually that tore up over any of the cuts beyond CatDog, Oblina, Toph, and Powdered Toast Man, though I think it would be a massive **** move to cut the other two turtles. Like, they knew what we were asking for. April really does piss me off in both games.

Also, frankly, as cool and excited for this story mode I am, I would've rather just had more characters and a lackluster single player tbh

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
The turtle situation sucks. As a TMNT fan who loves the non-turtle characters just as much as the turtles, I personally love the decision to include other characters instead of going for all four turtles. It's the kind of spice I like, but I get that it's a disappointment to those who would prefer to see the four all included together, especially since that was a major criticism of the first game's roster.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
The turtle situation sucks. As a TMNT fan who loves the non-turtle characters just as much as the turtles, I personally love the decision to include other characters instead of going for all four turtles. It's the kind of spice I like, but I get that it's a disappointment to those who would prefer to see the four all included together, especially since that was a major criticism of the first game's roster.
Honest to god, if it was just Leo (or any of the other turtles), April and Shredder they chose for this game, then I wouldn't mind the other turtles not making it in. Having 2 out of 4 turtles makes it feel weirdly incomplete compared to just having one turtle.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There's also the situation that April's animations just look unclean (it's a bit of a problem for Aang too thus far but not as bad). At least the turtles look good in motion. Plus you could reasonably recycle a lot since it's the classic turtles, you might not even have to re-rig them, so it's just baffling to me they might have went this route.

I'm gonna be that guy here but the devs clearly have their rocks off about her, which, you know, to each their own, but it almost comes off as kinda insulting to fans of the whole team.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but it almost comes off as kinda insulting to fans of the whole team.
What I don't get is, by including Squidward, they gave in to people who insist on "completing groups". And yet they still wanted only two Turtles?

Top Bottom