• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
I really think that Gerald, Gertie, Ember, Azula, and maybe even Plankton were unnecessary additions. They’re all cool picks, but none of them were especially highly requested. If they instead spent the time they spent on those characters bringing back even half of the missing veterans, most people would have been way happier and more accepting I think. In that scenario they still would have had 7/8 newcomers which is still a pretty good amount, especially since all of them are pretty popular and hype picks like Squidward, Jimmy, and El Tigre.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I really think that Gerald, Gertie, Ember, Azula, and maybe even Plankton were unnecessary additions. They’re all cool picks, but none of them were especially highly requested. If they instead spent the time they spent on those characters bringing back even half of the missing veterans, most people would have been way happier and more accepting I think. In that scenario they still would have had 7/8 newcomers which is still a pretty good amount, especially since all of them are pretty popular and hype picks like Squidward, Jimmy, and El Tigre.
disagree tbh. One thing I liked about the first game was that it wasn't all the safe expected picks. I've always been on team "the devs should make what they think is fun" and not just what are the big expected fan picks

Likw. The big picks should be there. I wouldn't want a roster of all weirdos, but you need a balance

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Plankton and Ember were still top 25 picks, but I do agree on the rest.

Honestly, I'm so cynical at this point that I'd genuinely take a soulless corporate roster over what we have now.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Gearld is the one pick I feel kinda weird about since Gertie at least has the weird funny factor, but I'm willing to hear them out on him

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
1. That banner is already pretty full with the newcomers and franchise faces (you know, the characters you want to advertise). Any more characters would risk overcrowding it.
2. StephenSquareHeaded's "leak" isn't even a leak at all; frankly I'd argue it's more of a meme than anything else. Maybe a hint, but there's no screencaps or anything. Until we see those characters in-game as NPCs, this is a hint at best. And frankly, the dude is a massive troll in the first place.
3. Alright, that one works... for Hugh and Hugh alone. That's all our reputable public-facing leaker has said.
4. A single move has been repurposed into a veteran from the same series. Yes, this implies that PTM may have got the axe but it doesn't confirm it directly. Both characters could have the move, or just PTM could hace been axed. It says nothing about the other characters.

The inferences we can now make from these last two days are as follows:
  • Hugh is most likely a story-mode exclusive NPC.
  • Gaz is likely a story-mode exclusive NPC or potentially a background character.
  • Gir is a story-mode NPC, but could still be part of Zim's kit as well.
  • Powdered Toast Man was likely axed.

Thats it. PTM and Hugh are our only characters with evidemce directly pointing to being cut. Everything else is baseless conjecture based on circumstantial, inconclusive elements.

Take every leak with a grain of salt. Until you see them not in the game, they remain Schrodinger's veterans.
Not to mention that there is evidence that implies that Helga and Lincoln are staying.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They probably needed villains for the story mode and didn't have the resources to make them solely bosses while keeping a high number of newcomers. Or they didn't want "But I wanted to PLAY as them!" to be a thing with bosses, it's already an issue for Mr. Krabs.

Yes, I know this doesn't apply for 2 of those characters. All I can say about one of them is that if it was a serious pick, they still wouldn't be the main protagonist of an unrepped show.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
What bums me out the most about this isn't even the characters we're [probably] losing; I'll miss Hugh, Oblina, PTM, and CatDog for sure, but most of my faves from NASB1 are still here with some kickass new guys to boot, so I'm chillin'. What bums me out is the amount of people I've seen in my limited circle alone who were super excited for this game and are now jumping ship over a few bad cuts. I get it, it sucks to lose a main and I know the feeling all too well, but is that really worth passing up a sequel that's objectively MILES better to the point that it's not even calculable? Personally, I can't imagine caring more about the characters that are in a game than the quality of the game itself. Post-Brawl Smash has caused irreparable damage to gaming culture.
Can't wait for this game to flop even harder than the first one because Hugh ****ing Neutron isn't playable in it.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Personally, I can't imagine caring more about the characters that are in a game than the quality of the game itself.
Hey, it's why MvCI...may or may not have flopped, because there were people who specifically wanted 3v3 and it wasn't gonna give them that. "Well the gameplay's still good!" didn't save it from complaints about the gameplay being different OR the lack of X-Men.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What bums me out the most about this isn't even the characters we're [probably] losing; I'll miss Hugh, Oblina, PTM, and CatDog for sure, but most of my faves from NASB1 are still here with some kickass new guys to boot, so I'm chillin'. What bums me out is the amount of people I've seen in my limited circle alone who were super excited for this game and are now jumping ship over a few bad cuts. I get it, it sucks to lose a main and I know the feeling all to well, but is that really worth passing up a sequel that's objectively MILES better to the point that it's not even calculable? Personally, I can't imagine caring more about the characters that are in a game than the quality of the game itself. Post-Brawl Smash has caused irreparable damage to gaming culture.
Can't wait for this game to flop even harder than the first one because Hugh ****ing Neutron isn't playable in it.
I think that if they really are cutting 11 characters this game will probably end up being a flop. Besides the first game's own reputation, there's the massive blowback from cutting so many characters, including iconic characters like Sandy, Leo, Mikey, Lincoln, Helga, and CatDog, all so that they could add Arnold's grandma instead. I don't even think that the gameplay updates and story mode would be enough to make it up for all that the fans have lost.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hey, it's why MvCI...may or may not have flopped, because there were people who specifically wanted 3v3 and it wasn't gonna give them that. "Well the gameplay's still good!" didn't save it from complaints about the gameplay being different OR the lack of X-Men.
It wasn't even, though. The gameplay in MvCI sucked, too. Everything about that game was an objective downgrade from UMvC3. With NASB2, only the roster debatably is.
Personally, I WEEP for any future Gertie mains out there. They're gonna have to deal with so much toxicity and scapegoating, it'll make Byleth's reveal look like Woodstock.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It wasn't even, though. The gameplay in MvCI sucked, too. Everything about that game was an objective downgrade from UMvC3. With NASB2, only the roster debatably is.
Personally, I WEEP for any future Gertie mains out there. They're gonna have to deal with so much toxicity and scapegoating, it'll make Byleth's reveal look like Woodstock.
Frankly I never played MvCI so I dunno if I agree with people saying it has good gameplay anyway.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I actually think MVCi has some good systems and mechanics. It's not as good as 3 and it's not a good hyper fighter, but I actually like some things in there

Roster (the few newcomers there are are good but that's it) and Artsyle sucks though

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Although with the evidence pointing to Lincoln and Helga staying this is a little too premature.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
image-1.png
Apparently the Hugh render is easy to remake if you have his NASB1 model and Blender.

Either it's proof it's fake, or he's still cut and they didn't bother updating models of characters who are just story mode NPCs.

There's also people assuming he's playable because the leaked render is facing right, whereas the leaked Gaz render faces left.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hey, at least this'll mean the end of the Hugh debates, right, guys? Haha... haaa...
The debates on whether he should be playable before Jimmy have ended, but the debates on whether he's still playable have only begun...about a month ago.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wonder when we'll finally see Helga and Lincoln in gameplay footage, because it's highly likely that they're gonna stay.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Warning Issued
They're gonna have to deal with so much toxicity and scapegoating
If they're anything like you or Wario, I'd say they DESERVE it!

I wonder when we'll finally see Helga and Lincoln in gameplay footage, because it's highly likely that they're gonna stay.
Hopefully soon, if at all. We really need an official word on this. Especially when we're in a state where the leaks/spoilers channel had to be locked.

Also, you really need to pick something and stick with it. You constantly flip flop between them being in or cut.

Hey, at least this'll mean the end of the Hugh debates, right, guys? Haha... haaa...
They were already over the moment Jimmy was revealed. People didn't hate Hugh, they just hated that he was included before Jimmy.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hopefully soon, if at all. We really need an official word on this. Especially when we're in a state where the leaks/spoilers channel had to be locked.
Yep. Helga is as close to confirmed as a character can get without actually being confirmed, and Lincoln is also very likely to return.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why bring in
Hugh
after all this fan demand only to cut him out? What decisions went through these people's heads to think this was a good idea to begin with?
I’d go so far as to say Hugh is probably the most baffling cut. He was put in because of fan demand. You had to pay extra for him. Why then make him an NPC?
Because the folks behind this game have no idea what they're doing regarding decisions.
Yep. Helga is as close to confirmed as a character can get without actually being confirmed, and Lincoln is also very likely to return.
Then watch that Helga that was leaked turns out to be an NPC like Hugh.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Assuming that the "11 cuts" comment is a bull**** assumption that's clearly from a nobody, here's the current state of everyone:

Mikey/Leo: NASB1 Footage, Possible story mode leak image (Keep an eye on Nigel's Showcase)
Sandy: NASB1 Footage, Possible story mode leak image
Lincoln: NASB1 Footage, Stage Theory, No Loud House newcomers (Keep an eye on Nigel's and Lucy's Showcases)
Hugh: Confirmed to be an NPC
Helga: NASB1 Footage, Website leak, Possible story mode leak image (Keep an eye on Gerald and Gertie's Showcases)
Powdered Toast Man: 1 Ren and Stimpy Stage, Toast Shine + Superhero pose in the duo's moveset, Possible story mode leak image
CatDog: No Evidence
Oblina: No Evidence
Toph: NASB1 Footage, Possible story mode leak image (Keep an eye on Korra and Azula's Showcases)
Shredder: No Evidence

Why would they give an NPC her own page on the website, complete with a couple of move names?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Why bring in
Hugh
after all this fan demand only to cut him out? What decisions went through these people's heads to think this was a good idea to begin with?

Because the folks behind this game have no idea what they're doing regarding decisions.

I highly doubt that they would give a story mode NPC her own page on the website, and that page was stylized like it would be for a fighter, with the sections being directly named after some of her attacks from NASB1.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No it's not. Hugh is the only confirmed cut, and due to other leaks Helga is very likely to return. Plus Lincoln is highly likely to return because of Stage Theory which is holding up perfectly again.
Watch the stage turns out to be for Gertie.

Also pretty ironic given before you were saying Lincoln was likely going to be cut. How quickly that apparently changed. Lol. Choose a side man, which is it?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Watch the stage turns out to be for Gertie.

Also pretty ironic given before you were saying Lincoln was likely going to be cut. How quickly that apparently changed. Lol. Choose a side man, which is it?
Still, they're not all getting cut. All it took was the confirmation of Hugh getting cut for this community to spiral into a massive cascade of pessimism and the Discord server's leak discussion thread to get locked.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Cutting Linc in the game that adds Loch Loud would be a massive disservice to both the character and the stage!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still, they're not all getting cut. All it took was the confirmation of Hugh getting cut for this community to spiral into a massive cascade of pessimism and the Discord server's leak discussion thread to get locked.
That's really rich coming from you. You're the same guy who was sure Lincoln was getting cut but now think he's one of those certain to stay. It's like you can't decide which to pick.

Yep, as I stood out with what I said. Logic can't apply to you apparently.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Cutting Linc in the game that adds Loch Loud would be a massive disservice to both the character and the stage!
That's one of the reasons why he's definitely staying. Besides him already having a home stage confirmed, he's also the main character of Nick's biggest new show.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If it's a proven fact, then present your evidence. And no, that one person saying that the 11 veterans are cut doesn't count.
Exactly. Only one veteran is confirmed cut. ONE! There's still ten others that can return.
That's really rich coming from you. You're the same guy who was sure Lincoln was getting cut but now think he's one of those certain to stay. It's like you can't decide which to pick.

Yep, as I stood out with what I said. Logic can't apply to you apparently.
I saw all of you guys acting like me and that made me question my past behavior.

Top Bottom