• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All I know is that I now want the Bat Hat Lucy wore in the episode where Lincoln goes to his Mom’s workplace while his sisters go to their Dad’s.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Aww man. I was hoping that it was made up.
We have very different stances on this sort of thing, since if the Beavers are a duo and their moveset is full of made up generic crap like Ren and Stimpy's was, I'm going to consider that a failure to represent the characters, I NEED there to be references to the show beyond base level **** to justify them being that way for me.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
She actually became one in the dream sequence from the episode "Butterfly Effect", so it could be referencing that.
That episode has caused so many misconceptions about Lucy and its frustrating.

Also, Donatello showcase:

Clockwork's Tower from Danny Phantom looks to be a new stage. Ember's stage, or a new stage for Danny?

The Checklist:

Playable in NASB2
Spongebob
Squidward
Patrick
Plankton
Jimmy Neutron

Danny Phantom
Invader ZIM
Garfield
Raphael
Donatello
April O Neil

Aang
Korra
Ren and Stimpy
Lucy Loud
Nigel Thornberry
Reptar
Rocko
Jenny
El Tigre
Ember

Gerald
Gertie
Angry Beavers
Azula

Shown in NASB1 footage, status unknown
Sandy
Michelangelo (very prominently, might I add)
Leonardo
Lincoln Loud
Toph
Helga

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I like the laser background element on Technodrome. IIRC a lot of traditional fighters will have characters in the background try and fail to attack as a visual element, and I think it's cool to see a platform fighter do that instead of a hazard for once.

Also glad to see Classic Rooftop back.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Considering we're likely getting multiple DP characters I assume that Ghost Zone will return and this is just a second stage for his series.

Though admittedly if we did get multiple stages I'd rather them do a stage in the human world for visual variety. Fentonworks could easily be a pretty cool stage.

But eh just happy to see a new stage in general

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Still don't think stage theory is back but clock work tower would likely be forember because villains

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty, wrapping up the TMNT cast:
  • Donnie also has a punk rock outfit like Raph does. Coolio!
  • Yo, that smoke bomb side special looks absolutely busted!
  • So, we have Plankton referencing Guilty Gear with his command grab, April referencing DragonBall FighterZ with her super, and now Donnie referencing Dive Kick with his........ Dive Kick lol.
  • At 0:42, Donnie's staff has what looks like the head of a hammer on the end of his staff. Don't know if it's present in the original TMNT, but Donnie definitely has one in the Rise series
  • That new Danny Phantom Stage looks really well done!
Overall, it seems like I was right. Donatello appears to be the exact opposite of Raphael in terms of playstyle!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, Donatello certainly looks interesting. In terms of new zones, for now I'm leaning more towards Jimmy, but we'll see when the game comes out.

Also, a few stage details: the Technodrome now shoots a BFL, which is pretty cool, and that's either a new stage based on Clockwork's castle, or a re-imagined version of the Ghost Zone stage from NASB1.

Finally, now that we have showcases for every officially confirmed newcomer so far, how would you guys rank them in terms of how excited/anticipated you are to play as them?

For me, it goes:

1. El Tigre
2. Squidward
3. Jimmy Neutron
4. Plankton
5. Raphael
6. Donatello

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Well, Donatello certainly looks interesting. In terms of new zones, for now I'm leaning more towards Jimmy, but we'll see when the game comes out.

Also, a few stage details: the Technodrome now shoots a BFL, which is pretty cool, and that's either a new stage based on Clockwork's castle, or a re-imagined version of the Ghost Zone stage from NASB1.

Finally, now that we have showcases for every officially confirmed newcomer so far, how would you guys rank them in terms of how excited/anticipated you are to play as them?

For me, it goes:

1. El Tigre
2. Squidward
3. Jimmy Neutron
4. Plankton
5. Raphael
6. Donatello
For me, the order goes:
  1. Jimmy Neutron
  2. El Tigre
  3. Squidward
  4. Donatello
  5. Plankton
  6. Raphael

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Oh, showcase came a bit earlier today, but Donnie looks fun! And of course the new Danny Phantom stage looks pretty nice as well

Though once again we didn’t see his super?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I like the laser background element on Technodrome. IIRC a lot of traditional fighters will have characters in the background try and fail to attack as a visual element, and I think it's cool to see a platform fighter do that instead of a hazard for once.

Also glad to see Classic Rooftop back.
Uh, what makes you think that the giant laser isn't a stage hazard?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They gave Donnie Cloud up air and now I'm terrified

Besides that though, he looks pretty interesting. Pretty funny to see him get a smoke bomb teleport similar to... well, Smoke in MK1 lol, and the electro grenade seems like it'll be a pretty dynamic move.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like we now have a new stage, based on Clockwork’s Lair from Danny Phantom.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
People on Reddit are saying that Donnie has some of Leo's and Mikey's moves. Are we really just getting two turtles again or are they just sharing assets to save development time?

I've also been hearing that Ember will be this weeks reveal.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
People on Reddit are saying that Donnie has some of Leo's and Mikey's moves. Are we really just getting two turtles again or are they just sharing assets to save development time?

I've also been hearing that Ember will be this weeks reveal.
He has a few animations that are reminiscent of Leo and one that kinda looks like Mikey's, but considering the previous game was simpler it's possible they wanted to actually take advantage of the previous two's weapons unique properties this time around.

Remember they don't wield the same weapons, so just having a similar animation doesn't mean it would function the same.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
He has a few animations that are reminiscent of Leo and one that kinda looks like Mikey's, but considering the previous game was simpler it's possible they wanted to actually take advantage of the previous two's weapons unique properties this time around.

Remember they don't wield the same weapons, so just having a similar animation doesn't mean it would function the same.
Alrighty, I was just curious! Reddit can be iffy, so I wanted a second opinion on it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alrighty, I was just curious! Reddit can be iffy, so I wanted a second opinion on it.
There are only so many ways you can swing a weapon after all, so with all four of them being weapon wielders and three of them even being dual wielders it's not a big surprise they may share their methods of dishing out damage. It all comes down to hitboxes and weapon range at the end of the day. The one who should be wielding his weapons the most uniquely is ironically Mikey since a polearm is more similar to a sword than to nunchaku.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
There are only so many ways you can swing a weapon after all, so with all four of them being weapon wielders and three of them even being dual wielders it's not a big surprise they may share their methods of dishing out damage. It all comes down to hitboxes and weapon range at the end of the day. The one who should be wielding his weapons the most uniquely is ironically Mikey since a polearm is more similar to a sword than to nunchaku.
I hope Mikey's super involves a dance party and pizzas, it doesn't get more Mikey than that!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Donatello looks... awesome??? I'm normally not big on disjoint fighters, but Donnie has such big-brain potential with his specials that I might have to main him. That grenade in particular looks like loads of fun, and him having basically Orcane teleport is actually insane. The one caveat is that he looks REALLY slow and I usually don't like that, but I think his huge hitboxes and creative movement tools will help a lot with closing the gap. (Also, he has Cloud's Up Air. God save us all.)
I kinda love how people memed about NASB1 being all rushdown so hard that they overcorrected by making half of the newcomers zoners. But hey, I ain't complaining about some cool new toys :4pacman:

For me, it goes:

1. El Tigre
2. Squidward
3. Jimmy Neutron
4. Plankton
5. Raphael
6. Donatello
1. Donatello
2. Jimmy
3. Raphael
4. El Tigre
5. Squidward
6. Plankton

I really didn't think a ninja turtle would beat out Jimmy Neutron for me, but like... damn, man. This guy looks downright OPPRESSIVE if you're willing to get creative. Plankton mains beware: my Donnie is gonna be FIERCE.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't even know where to START with a ranking! They've really continued the great momentum they started with the last game's DLC fighters, so everyone looks fantastic!

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
I'm bummed we didn't get to see Donnie's super because I guess they wanted to keep it a secret.
I get not wanting to show everything, but we've seen the majority of the supers anyways.
I think this is bothering me more than it should lol.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I had a feeling Ember would be revealed next. Can't wait to see her showcase tomorrow! We're now one step closer to The Beavers. Also, does anyone know what that new stage is meant to be? I can't tell what show it's from. Is it also from Danny Phantom?
I think it was shown off yesterday in Donatello’s showcase?

Unless this another new stage.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I think it was shown off yesterday in Donatello’s showcase?

Unless this another new stage.
There's a stage taking place inside what I believe is a medieval castle with spotlights on the walls.
This is the stage I'm referring to. The closest thing I can think of is the episode of Danny Phantom where Danny first meets the Ghost King.

Top Bottom