• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Faso115

Smash Lord
Scracth my theory, they're just doing whatever they want.

Which is good, unpredictability is good.

Also, Plankton has a lot of sauce....heh

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like a new stage is confirmed, that being the Chum Bucket.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Seems like we'll be getting a showcase every day this week to make up for lost time?

Plankton looks great. The approach to the big body archetype in this game has been pretty interesting so far, loving all of the utility he's got between the Inkling like mechanic and the various uses for his strong attacks. And as usual, Mr. Lawrence's VA work is amazing.

Outside of that, seems like there's a Chum Bucket stage which is cool. Also a better look at Danny's updated model which looks good.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The tester info from the grinders discord is very interesting this time around, seems like the characters' flaws are very much being downplayed in the presentations on purpose, and one of the testers thinks Plankton will go through the usual heavyweight process of going from top 2 to bottom 2 in a month

Screenshot 2023-08-29 162844.png
Screenshot 2023-08-29 163150.png

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like Home Stage Theory is gonna be a thing this time with the Chum Bucket confirmed as a stage. This means that we are indeed getting a second TLH rep, but whether it would be Lincoln returning or someone new is uncomfirmed.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Looks like Home Stage Theory is gonna be a thing this time with the Chum Bucket confirmed as a stage. This means that we are indeed getting a second TLH rep, but whether it would be Lincoln returning or someone new is uncomfirmed.
I mean, the Chum Bucket confirms stage theory as much as the return of RWC does - they could just have a Plankton themed stage without actually giving each fighter a stage.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Plankton showcase:

Really? Not Donnie next? Man, they really want to push the newcomers out soon huh,:
  • Plankton's facial animations are absolutely cursed and I love them! Just imagine how they've done Ren & Stimpy's faces.
  • Plankton has some pretty clean alts (my personal favorite one being when his mech has that big ****-eating grin on it's face)
  • "Super heavy-weight zoner grappler?" Is he the heaviest character in the game? Or does that honor go to Reptar?
  • At 0:30, I think this is the first time we've seen Danny in a showcase. And wow, did he really get that glow up
  • Plankton's sauce seems like it doesn't have knockback, but rather lowers the opponents's DI? And it's cancellable, which is always a plus. Also, the slime version is a fully charged Samus shot.
  • Oh! Plankton's grab is a reference to the episode Sandy's Rocket! Sandy confirmed lol! Also, the burn effect from his forward throw causes damage over time.
  • I love how Karen has a significant role to play in helping Plankton with a bunch of his moves. I wonder if she'll get her own voicelines in the game.
  • At 2:05, SHIA KAZING!!!
  • Plankton's down special can poison opponents? How is poison effect different than burn effect? Can an opponent be both poisoned and burned at the same time?
  • Plankton's super has so much charm! His maniacal laugh, Karen activating the self destruct (because of course Plankton would have a self-destruct device installed in his mech), Spongebob's cute scared face, and the mech looks so menacing as it's about to blow up.
Overall, Plankton actually seems like one of the most versatile characters we've seen thus far. Also, with the randomness of the showcases this week, who's excited for Nigel Thornberry tomorrow?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I feel Plankton is going to be so ruthless after people take him to the lab to test out his gameplan. His moves cancel out his weaknesses of being a heavy, speed isn't a problem when you can put in speed control with sauce and chum, the net makes playing mid range difficult for his opponents and the build up of damage overtime punishes Planktons foes for stalling. This makes Plankton one of the best heavies I've seen in the genre.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel Plankton is going to be so ruthless after people take him to the lab to test out his gameplan. His moves cancel out his weaknesses of being a heavy, speed isn't a problem when you can put in speed control with sauce and chum, the net makes playing mid range difficult for his opponents and the build up of damage overtime punishes Planktons foes for stalling. This makes Plankton one of the best heavies I've seen in the genre.

courtesy of nasbcord

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Something interesting brought up on the Grinders server: Plankton's moveset was mostly made by Fair Play and not Ludosity, apparently Fair Play has a lot of huge fighting game nerds.
I mean you can tell, dude has Burn Knuckle, Power Wave, Potemkin Buster and Jack from Tekken's Cossack kicks lol.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The concept of a debuff that narrows your opponent's DI angles is just so insanely clever I don't know what to say.

Shia Kazing is also a tremendous reference.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Neither is the Flying Dutchman's ship to Patrick, Glove World for Sandy, Technodrome for either of the Turtles or April, Teeter Totter Gulch for Reptar, or for a Smash example, Spring Stadium for Min Min.
In NASB1, when you beat a character's Arcade Mode, you unlock the BGM for a specific stage for the sound test, depending on the character, which shows that every character objectively does have a home stage (even though some of these indeed make no sense, most notably Slime Time for Shredder.)

We don't know if this is the case in NASB2. We might have more characters than stages, or more stages than characters.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
A bit late, but honestly? Potential tier lists be damned, Plankton looks really cool!

I really like how unique his Strongs are, and I find it really neat that instead of a typical buff to himself, he offsets his slow speed by debuffing others, which works really well for him; nothing screams evil genius like bringing someone down to your level.

His Down Special is pretty neat as well, and I'm curious what the difference is between being burned and being poisoned.

While it seemed like we didn't see much of it, I like that we have a Chum Bucket stage.

Finally, can I just say how much I love the absolutely manic expression Plankton makes during his Super Move? Because it looks amazing!

Overall, I'd say Plankton looks great, and I can't wait to give him a spin!

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
His Down Special is pretty neat as well, and I'm curious what the difference is between being burned and being poisoned.
This is the biggest question I have about him as well. We know that burn damages the opponent over time, but I wonder what poison does. Maybe it makes you more difficult to control in some way? Or maybe it makes it so that every attack against you does slightly more damage than it would if you weren't poisoned?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This is the biggest question I have about him as well. We know that burn damages the opponent over time, but I wonder what poison does. Maybe it makes you more difficult to control in some way? Or maybe it makes it so that every attack against you does slightly more damage than it would if you weren't poisoned?
I believe a playtester said it just deals gradual damage like the flower in Smash

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In NASB1, when you beat a character's Arcade Mode, you unlock the BGM for a specific stage for the sound test, depending on the character, which shows that every character objectively does have a home stage (even though some of these indeed make no sense, most notably Slime Time for Shredder.)

We don't know if this is the case in NASB2. We might have more characters than stages, or more stages than characters.
Yeah I know that, that's not what I'm arguing. I'm saying that a home stage doesn't necessarily have to be super associated with a character, just being from that show is pretty much enough. Case in point: We've seen four SB characters and an equal number of stages. Same with TMNT.

They could still be done with the concept, or they could double down on it, we really don't have any further information for or against it at this point.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
One's thing for sure, Lincoln Loud's definitely returning at this point. The stages having some form of cohesion adds to my confidence alongside the confirmation of a new Loud House stage and Nickelodeon playing a hand in the roster again.

Last edited:

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
One's thing for sure, Lincoln Loud's definitely returning at this point. The stages having some form of cohesion adds to my confidence alongside the confirmation of a new Loud House stage and Nickelodeon playing a hand in the roster again.
Now that you mention it, the 4 SB characters have 4 stages, so unless the Loud Castle is an adventure mode stage, it should be Lincoln's stage, right? Like, we haven't seen the Loud House as a stage, and we've seen Repter Ruins, but not Teeter Totter Gulch, for example.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
While we do know that a second TLH rep is happening, it’s unknown if it will be Lincoln or not.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Now that you mention it, the 4 SB characters have 4 stages, so unless the Loud Castle is an adventure mode stage, it should be Lincoln's stage, right? Like, we haven't seen the Loud House as a stage, and we've seen Repter Ruins, but not Teeter Totter Gulch, for example.
We see characters doing a normal battle on Loud Castle in the reveal trailer, so it doesn't seem to be story mode exclusive!

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
We don’t know about that. Lincoln isn’t popular at all and can easily be replaced by a different, more popular character.
Him not being popular among a vocal minority means nothing. He's the poster child of a cash cow show and Nickelodeon has no reason to let him be cut. He's not being replaced by anyone, TLH isn't getting a newcomer.

Top Bottom