• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's apparently a character reveal soon too.

My guess is El Tigre. Wonder if some unseen veterans will be shown too.
Come on Daggett & Norbert! I know they're pretty much confirmed but I want to see them finally be in action.

Really hope they show CatDog as amongst the returning veterans.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Loving the British punk alt.
Raph being the fastest character in the game is certainly a choice. I figured he'd be more of a heavy hitter kind of guy. But him being a rushdown type makes sense given how he fights in canon.

Also hoo boy, you guys think this week is when we find out if we have all four turtles or do you think we'll have to wait a little longer?

Faso115

Smash Lord
First time they directly acknowledge Raphael.

It's weird, he is a newcomer but neither he nor donnie got a special video or something

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Interesting that Raph is the Akuma glass cannon archetype. Thematically it makes a lot of sense, but I definitely wasn't expecting him to be the fastest character in the game.

Also I appreciate the music sounding even MORE like the Konami beat em ups than the TMNT tracks in NASB1 lol.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Loving the British punk alt.
Welp, we're finally back.
  • Raph being a rushdown archetype fits his character to a T.........MNT
  • Raph being the lightest character in the game is a bit weird to me. I mean, he's lighter than Lucy?
  • Raph just casually has better Diddy kong's monkey flip lol since you can cancel the attack.
  • At 1:15, it's pretty cute that Donnie goes into his shell when he gets knocked down.
  • Raph's shurikan looks really fun to mess around with, and the slime version let's him throw 3 at once.
  • At 1:43, Raph uses a manhole cover for his shield is another small, but nice touch.
  • Honestly, Raph's super is kinda basic? Not saying it's bad at all, and it definitely fits Raph's character, but compared to Spongebob's and Patrick's supers, it's more of a generic rush attack.

Raph being the fastest character in the game is certainly a choice. I figured he'd be more of a heavy hitter kind of guy. But him being a rushdown type makes sense given how he fights in canon.

Also hoo boy, you guys think this week is when we find out if we have all four turtles or do you think we'll have to wait a little longer?
Maybe the 6 showcases they had on deck were the 4 turtles, April, and Shredder? Honestly, I'm expecting Donnie to be the next showcase we get and have him be the exact opposite to raph in terms of playstyle (a slower, heavier zoner).

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Raphael looks fine, personally not a fan of those super fast characters. His Rockstar alts looks super cool tho. And yeah his supers looks fairly boring unfortunately. I hope Donnie doesn't also get a rush attack.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
At this point I think they'll just show Donnie and April next and then move on to another franchise. It seems that they want to keep some veteans secret on purpose like

Faso115

Smash Lord
They seem to have skipped over Plankton for now. Which helps with my personal theory that the first bunch of showcases are for characters featured in the reveal trailer.

Meaning we should expect any of this characters next: Donnie, April, Aang, korra, lucy, reptar, ren and stimpy, zim, jenny, rocko, garfield, nigel, danny

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
They seem to have skipped over Plankton for now. Which helps with my personal theory that the first bunch of showcases are for characters featured in the reveal trailer.

Meaning we should expect any of this characters next: Donnie, April, Aang, korra, lucy, reptar, ren and stimpy, zim, jenny, rocko, garfield, nigel, danny
I was thinking Jenny, Rocko and Garfield would be first because they already have their render on the site since the announcement.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I get that they wanna keep some veterans secret, but I do wish they'd reveal a few ahead of time (such as Sandy, Lincoln, or Leo/Mikey) just to ease our worries a bit.

Either way, I'm glad the showcases are back!

Also, Raph's alt:

MontgomeryGator-Render.png

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Glad to see we're back in the saddle of showcases. Hope to see more of 'em roll out this week.
Raphael looks sick. I dunno if I'll play him much since he seems pretty high-maintenance, but like... DAMN. He looks like a NASB1 character in NASB2. This might be the first TMNT character I actually play.
Safe to say we're getting Donatello's showcase next, then. Kinda weird how it took them this long to acknowledge the new Turtles in any official capacity.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Agreed, if he's getting a moveset rework I really wanna see how they've improved his moveset. Definitely one of the characters that needed it most!
Kind of excited to see what his special attack will be...

Either having his sisters beat up the opponent, team up with Clyde, or summon Lela the dragon.

Who knows... Might as well wait.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Kind of excited to see what his special attack will be...

Either having his sisters beat up the opponent, team up with Clyde, or summon Lela the dragon.

Who knows... Might as well wait.
I think that Lela's instead going to be a part of a boss fight against Morag, which is why I think that Loch Loud was even added as a stage.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
She was also by far the best choice for a Loud House villain, given her impact. Flip's more of a shady ******* that can either be a slimeball or genuine family friend depending on the episode (thus he isn't even a villain), Chandler's too pathetic (despite how infuriating he is), Vic's an okay choice but isn't threatening enough, and Dr.Linneaus is more than likely dead.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
She was also by far the best choice for a Loud House villain, given her impact. Flip's more of a shady ******* that can either be a slimeball or genuine family friend depending on the episode (thus he isn't even a villain), Chandler's too pathetic (despite how infuriating he is), Vic's an okay choice but isn't threatening enough, and Dr.Linneaus is more than likely dead.
what about the exterminator guy?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Why would they even show returning veterans in newcomer showcase? This is like the same thinking that people watching the Smash dlc characters showcase thinking that they'll show the next wave. Don't people get that even assuming unseen veterans are coming back, that they're hidden on puropose? It's just to keep speculation and discussion going. If veterans are going back they're either going to have their own trailer or be shown later, they're not going to just show them out of nowhere in a specific character showcase.

Last edited:
Top Bottom