• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nah, I don't know what I was thinking with that anyway (besides GamingGryff calling your BS out), let alone reading the status updates. I just had a bad sleep last night (although I am disappointed in how there are people who still think NASB never changed regardless)
I will say this though: What I meant with this post:
I'm sure on your home planet the game's lack of input lag is enough to get people to play NASB, but on Earth, compliments about NASB's gameplay are still drowning in a sea of complaints about content that only apply to the first game's launch.
Is that I just don't think you get how hard it can be to get people to play games with bad reputations. Look at Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, do you think any "yeah but the gameplay was good" comments help it get more players than its predecessor?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Quit being an instigating jerk, dude. Both of you need to drop it and be the bigger person. Grow up.
Outside of comments like that, whenever WWW says he's fine with the game being unpopular, I don't think he's trying to instigate responses like me saying "I want to play this game with other people". He just doesn't get that NASB's unpopularity has consequences for some of us.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Outside of comments like that, whenever WWW says he's fine with the game being unpopular, I don't think he's trying to instigate responses like me saying "I want to play this game with other people". He just doesn't get that NASB's unpopularity has consequences for some of us.
Then let him keep living in his own world dude. This conversation was getting real old around the time it started.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
SO what bosses do y’all hope to see in the campaign?
I'm thinking any villains we know are in (plus maybe Shredder...and Reptar doesn't really count as a villain but judging by his position on the leaked artwork...) are gonna be the bosses.

But beyond that, uh...Hodgepodge from Action League Now?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Thought I'd give my thoughts on each of the newcomers.

• Vlad: Logical pick for a second DP rep.
  • Plankton: I would've preferred him riding on top of Karen, but at least his mech here comes from a movie and isn't made up. Standard villain pick.
  • Jimmy: Should've been in the first game instead of Hugh, regardless of the memes.
  • Beavers: I didn't watch this show much, and we already have two slapstick animal duos, so I can't say I'm excited for them.
  • Gertie: My sister would find this funny cause Hey Arnold is her favorite show.
  • Raphael & Donatello: Yeah yeah, more turtles.
  • Azula: One of the best villains in fiction, and my favorite Avatar character after Katara, so I'm hyped. Feel kinda bad for Zuko fans though.
  • Ember: She has a great design and an interesting powerset with her guitar so she'll definitely be unique.
  • El Tigre: I didn't watch this show either. But I guess he's needed cause he brings one of the only two new series.
  • Gerald: Hey Arnold is one of the best Nick shows, but I don't see Gerald as having any interesting moveset potential. Baseball moves, maybe?
And an overall ranking.
Azula > Jimmy > Vlad > Plankton > Squidward > Ember > El Tigre > Donatello = Raphael > Gertie > Beavers > Gerald

Shroob

Sup?
So with the leak

How many classic Nick series are we missing.

While Fairly Odd Parents isn't an old series relatively speaking, it's still one of the most iconic Nicktoons. Kablam! is definitely an older one that's absent. And Doug is, well, owned by Disney now so that's not feasible.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So with the leak

While Fairly Odd Parents isn't an old series relatively speaking, it's still one of the most iconic Nicktoons. Kablam! is definitely an older one that's absent. And Doug is, well, owned by Disney now so that's not feasible.
Rocket Power and if you're gonna count early 2000's, ChalkZone.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So with the leak

As Told by Ginger.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Although I would love to see modern Nicktoons from the 2010s get fighters, it might not happen and bit unlikely...

How many shows got cancelled because they can't get good ratings like a yellow sponge and a white haired child?

A lot, I think.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So with the leak

Mighty B.

Would be unlikely but Bessie is one of my MOST WANTED fighters.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Could you guys imagine if Otis got in as DLC? What if he had that lazer attack from Super Brawl as a special lol.
I'm unironically expecting him to be part of the pass anyway. Alongside Timmy and Zuko and...I dunno who the fourth will be.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So with the leak

I always think back to this timeline graphic Nick made a year ago. If you stop at the early 00s and ignore Nick Jr. characters, All Grown Up due to being a spinoff, and shows with licensing issues (y'all know the ones), the missing ones would be KaBlam, Rocket Power, As Told By Ginger, and ChalkZone. If you extend it to stop at El Tigre, you get a few more: namely The X's and Barnyard .

Linking the graphic since it's too big for Smashboards lmao.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I always think back to this timeline graphic Nick made a year ago. If you stop at the early 00s and ignore Nick Jr. characters, All Grown Up due to being a spinoff, and shows with licensing issues (y'all know the ones), the missing ones would be KaBlam, Rocket Power, As Told By Ginger, and ChalkZone. If you extend it to stop at El Tigre, you get a few more: namely The X's and Barnyard .

Linking the graphic since it's too big for Smashboards lmao.
Your link is broken.

EDIT: Well, at least it is on Firefox.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
  • Vlad: I love a good villain, and he's probably the best one they could pick as the primary villain rep. Plus he's my second most-wanted character in general, he has so much interesting moveset potential.
  • Plankton: I didn't really think he'd get in, but the robot should be fun. Just hope he isn't too unbalanced due to his size
  • Angry Beavers: I know there are a lot of fans of this series, but I never watched this one as a kid and really have no say on them. Happy for the fans though.
  • Pookie: I'm extremely confused about this pick. I know she was a crazy character in the show, but is there some meme about her that I don't know about?
  • Azula: Was expecting Zuko, but they might be saving him for DLC, still a solid villain rep.
  • Donny/Raph: I'm glad all the turtles are seemingly back together. I wonder what unique moves the devs will give these two, as Mikey and Leo also had pretty unique movesets in the first game.
  • Ember: I'm definitely happy to see her included as another villain. I'm also glad to see she'll finally have some positive exposure.
  • El Tigre: **** YEAH!!! My most wanted character, El Tigre is an underrated show and I'm glad to see it getting more recognition!! Honestly, I've already picked him as my main.
  • Gerald: Another unexpected pick, but I can see him working pretty well!
If I were to rank them in terms of personal excitement, it'd be:
El Tigre > Vlad > Azula > Plankton > Ember > Gerald > Raphael > Donatello > Angry Beavers > Pookie

For fun, here are my guesses for the DLC fighter's pass:
  • Zuko: There is massive fan backing for this character, so he's the one that will definitely draw attention to the DLC pack.
  • Another Loud House Rep: Disclaimer, I'm not a fan of this show and don't even really want another LH rep, so I don't really know any of their names aside from the ones already in the game. But I can't deny it's one of Nick's more popular "new" shows. So having another character would just make sense logically speaking.
  • Otis: The big meme character. The devs are very in-touch with meme culture, so I could see them listening to the massive meme campaign to get Otis in just like they did with Hugh. I can already imagine the "I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ACTUALLY IN" posts and memes if he was actually revealed, and it may even draw renewed attention to the game after the initial novelty wears off.
  • Timmy Turner: The final character really needs to send this pass off with a bang, and I think that Timmy is one of, if not the most, requested characters for the game as of now. Plus he's one of the big four along with Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, and Danny Phantom in regards to Nicktoons video games, so seeing them all lined up together again could garner nostalgia for people who played those older titles.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So upon reflection and more thought, I’m pretty certain what I was told was ACTUALLY real info, it’s just, it was real info from January, so naturally stuff changed pretty substantially since then.

I decided to just make a comprehensive list of everything I was told that I can remember, feel free to check it out and take it at face value or with a massive grain of salt, entirely up to you and I don’t judge anyone for not buying any of it

- Donnie was originally DLC and Raph and Casey were the main game TMNT newcomers. At some point between then and now Donnie got priority (probably should’ve taken that as a sign that other things got massively changed too lmao, oh well). Idk if Casey was scrapped or pushed to DLC instead, it’s basically 50/50 atm, so when that other SmashBoards guy came in guns blazing insistent that Casey was in, I couldn’t really say he was right or wrong (and I still don’t know if he is right or wrong for the record)

- I was told Vlad was chosen over Ember (only DP reps I heard for the record), but then after Vlad was chosen he was turned into the campaign antag, and it’s when this change was made that insiders became confused whether he was actually playable or not. Combining this with the fact that Luna Loud was THE Loud House rep that I heard was definitively in (and pretty much the only character I was told with certainty) my guess is that they changed Vlad to the campaign antag and no longer playable (I don’t know for sure if he is or not, just theorizing) and replaced Luna with Ember, likely due to being requested more. Based if so but again I’m just theorizing based on what I heard

- Tak (Power of Juju not Zim) and Zuko were initially like equal in terms of who they wanted in (that’s not to say they were fighting for a spot, just that they were both just as likely to get in at that point). Tak seemed to be dropped early on though, my guess being THQ negotiations falling through, but I was still under the impression we were getting Zuko. I was also told Azula, Katara and Asami could’ve been in and one of my sources explicitly said a female Avatar character could be in. Turns out that ended up being Azula, which leads me to my next point.

- I was told they wanted more villains, but when I was told this it was always in conjunction with Dib and Vexus. Maybe they got turned into campaign bosses, maybe they’re DLC, who knows. Obviously this became what we got though, just with Plankton, Azula and Ember instead

- I heard Mr. Krabs, but again, seemed to have gotten switched to Plankton

- I was told Solo Cosmo or Solo Wanda by were at least pretty reasonably considered for fighters. Probably not what we’ll actually get by the time DLC comes around, I’m guessing they scrapped them similarly to Casey and we’ll just get Timmy as DLC. Speaking of

- I not only never heard Timmy brought up as being discussed to be in, but was told pretty explicitly that he wasn’t allowed? I never got an answer why, believe me I tried, but whatever this reason was seems to have been only a base game problem (so I’m guessing it was Nelvana bull****) as I’ve been told Timmy is very much eligible and even pretty likely for DLC

- I was told Squidward, Jimmy, Raph and El Tigre were locked in as newcomers VERY early on. Otis and Snap I was told were too, obviously didn’t end up happening lol. With how much I heard Otis and Snap discussed though, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they both got repurposed into DLC

- Other characters I heard (though not very much/implied to have only been temporarily discussed) are Otto/Rocket Power, Crimson Chin, Jorgen, Kitty Katswell and Mr. Blik. Speaking of

- I’ve been told over and over again Mr. Blik is most likely DLC. And in this instance I think I have probably enough cause to believe it’ll actually happen

- The fact that I never heard Angry Beavers at all adds to my theory that it was originally Snap or Otis until they got repurposed into DLC, and maybe Beavers were chosen due to ease of development (sorry Lime I know they’re not identical but I’m gonna guess they’re gonna have matching skeletons at least)

- As far as I can tell, Donnie Thornberry and Debbie Thornberry was what we believed were the unexpected and WTF picks (we had heard nothing about Gerald or Gertie). The day before the full roster was leaked someone randomly DM’d and tried to misdirect us, claiming it was Heffer and Dr. Hutchison. This was bogus. I’m guessing Donnie Thornberry is still just part of the stage and Debbie Thornberry was also a misdirect/bad assumption on our part

- In the end, based on everything I’ve been told/heard, I think I have probable enough cause to believe our DLC lineup will be (in no particular order) Mr. Blik, Otis, Snap and Timmy

I think that’s all I got, I’ll update it if there’s anything I’m forgetting

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
So upon reflection and more thought, I’m pretty certain what I was told was ACTUALLY real info, it’s just, it was real info from January, so naturally stuff changed pretty substantially since then.

I decided to just make a comprehensive list of everything I was told that I can remember, feel free to check it out and take it at face value or with a massive grain of salt, entirely up to you and I don’t judge anyone for not buying any of it

- Donnie was originally DLC and Raph and Casey were the main game TMNT newcomers. At some point between then and now Donnie got priority (probably should’ve taken that as a sign that other things got massively changed too lmao, oh well). Idk if Casey was scrapped or pushed to DLC instead, it’s basically 50/50 atm, so when that other SmashBoards guy came in guns blazing insistent that Casey was in, I couldn’t really say he was right or wrong (and I still don’t know if he is right or wrong for the record)

- I was told Vlad was chosen over Ember (only DP reps I heard for the record), but then after Vlad was chosen he was turned into the campaign antag, and it’s when this change was made that insiders became confused whether he was actually playable or not. Combining this with the fact that Luna Loud was THE Loud House rep that I heard was definitively in (and pretty much the only character I was told with certainty) my guess is that they changed Vlad to the campaign antag and no longer playable (I don’t know for sure if he is or not, just theorizing) and replaced Luna with Ember, likely due to being requested more. Based if so but again I’m just theorizing based on what I heard

- Tak (Power of Juju not Zim) and Zuko were initially like equal in terms of who they wanted in (that’s not to say they were fighting for a spot, just that they were both just as likely to get in at that point). Tak seemed to be dropped early on though, my guess being THQ negotiations falling through, but I was still under the impression we were getting Zuko. I was also told Azula, Katara and Asami could’ve been in and one of my sources explicitly said a female Avatar character could be in. Turns out that ended up being Azula, which leads me to my next point.

- I was told they wanted more villains, but when I was told this it was always in conjunction with Dib and Vexus. Maybe they got turned into campaign bosses, maybe they’re DLC, who knows. Obviously this became what we got though, just with Plankton, Azula and Ember instead

- I was told Solo Cosmo or Solo Wanda by were at least pretty reasonably considered for fighters. Probably not what we’ll actually get by the time DLC comes around, I’m guessing they scrapped them similarly to Casey and we’ll just get Timmy as DLC. Speaking of

- I not only never heard Timmy brought up as being discussed to be in, but was told pretty explicitly that he wasn’t allowed? I never got an answer why, believe me I tried, but whatever this reason was seems to have been only a base game problem (so I’m guessing it was Nelvana bull****) as I’ve been told Timmy is very much eligible and even pretty likely for DLC

- I was told Squidward, Jimmy, Raph and El Tigre were locked in as newcomers VERY early on. Otis and Snap I was told were too, obviously didn’t end up happening lol. With how much I heard Otis and Snap discussed though, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they both got repurposed into DLC

- Other characters I heard (though not very much/implied to have only been temporarily discussed) are Otto/Rocket Power, Crimson Chin, Jorgen, Kitty Katswell and Mr. Blik. Speaking of

- I’ve been told over and over again Mr. Blik is most likely DLC. And in this instance I think I have probably enough cause to believe it’ll actually happen

- The fact that I never heard Angry Beavers at all adds to my theory that it was originally Snap or Otis until they got repurposed into DLC, and maybe Beavers were chosen due to ease of development (sorry Lime I know they’re not identical but I’m gonna guess they’re gonna have matching skeletons at least)

- As far as I can tell, Donnie Thornberry and Debbie Thornberry was what we believed were the unexpected and WTF picks (we had heard nothing about Gerald or Gertie). The day before the full roster was leaked someone randomly DM’d and tried to misdirect us, claiming it was Heffer and Dr. Hutchison. This was bogus. I’m guessing Donnie Thornberry is still just part of the stage and Debbie Thornberry was also a misdirect/bad assumption on our part

- In the end, based on everything I’ve been told/heard, I think I have probable enough cause to believe our DLC lineup will be (in no particular order) Mr. Blik, Otis, Snap and Timmy

Any other plans for another Loud House rep after Luna was scrapped?

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I mean

Them sharing identical skeletons isn't that big a stretch. So long as they aren't moveset clones I guess.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Any other plans for another Loud House rep after Luna was scrapped?
One source told me it was Luna or Luan, but they also admitted they only heard one name and weren’t a fan of the show so likely just got them mixed up, which I believe cause I see those two’s names get mixed up quite a bit anyways

Another source told me Luna 100%, no mention of Luan

So I’m guessing no, no one else besides Luna

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

Mr. Blik would actually be pretty hype as DLC. He's one of the few characters where it makes sense to have other characters (Gordon and Waffle) appearing in his moveset as summons without it seeming out of place, considering he bosses them around in the show iirc.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Mr. Blik would actually be pretty hype as DLC. He's one of the few characters where it makes sense to have other characters (Gordon and Waffle) appearing in his moveset as summons without it seeming out of place, considering he bosses them around in the show iirc.
Although Nick doesn't fully own them. The rights to Catscratch are shared between Nick themselves and the creator, Doug TenNapel. Catscratch is technically a licensed show as it is very loosely based on a graphic novel series called Gear that TenNapel made back in the 90s. So, they would have to get him involved. And I don't know if they want to considering that Doug TenNapel is very problematic.

Shroob

Sup?
So how is everyone feeling about the idea of cuts after the leak anyway?

With the amount of new villains, I feel like cutting Shredder would be honestly a bizarre move.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

So, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, it sounds like Otis and/or Snap were both heavily considered to be playable early on in development, but were eventually replaced by the beavers due to them sharing skeletons. If the beavers were chosen due to "ease of development", and traditionally in Smash the duo characters have been some of the more difficult characters to implement, does this mean that the beavers are seperate characters that simply share a skeleton like the ninja turtles?

Whoops, I've appeared to have spilled some of my copuim into the chat lol

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, it sounds like Otis and/or Snap were both heavily considered to be playable early on in development, but were eventually replaced by the beavers due to them sharing skeletons. If the beavers were chosen due to "ease of development", and traditionally in Smash the duo characters have been some of the more difficult characters to implement, does this mean that the beavers are seperate characters that simply share a skeleton like the ninja turtles?

Whoops, I've appeared to have spilled some of my copuim into the chat lol
Here’s the thing

To sort of also address the other presented topic, I’m about 90% certain at this point that everyone we haven’t seen in yet is in fact cut and that Vlad probably isn’t playable either

Where I was leading with that thought is if CatDog really did somewhat get dropped forBeavers, then I’m thinking they’re the new Aegis character. Satisfies the people that wanted them as a duo and solo and easier to handle as well most likely due to presumably sharing skeletons

Just my two cents though, that’s all theorizing and not anything I have basis on. Can’t believe Loud House stages are the only thing giving me hope that everyone’s back

Shroob

Sup?
Here’s the thing

To sort of also address the other presented topic, I’m about 90% certain at this point that everyone we haven’t seen in yet is in fact cut and that Vlad probably isn’t playable either

Where I was leading with that thought is if CatDog really did somewhat get dropped forBeavers, then I’m thinking they’re the new Aegis character. Satisfies the people that wanted them as a duo and solo and easier to handle as well most likely due to presumably sharing skeletons

Just my two cents though, that’s all theorizing and not anything I have basis on. Can’t believe Loud House stages are the only thing giving me hope that everyone’s back
I mean, the big question I have is why would they advertise the Catdog stage if they weren't in.

Cutting a character outright but leaving their stage in doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You could say it's still representation, but I can't imagine many Catdog fans would be satisfied with that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here’s the thing

It would be very weird if they hyped the roster as "even bigger than before" when it's actually the same size as the first game.

Top Bottom