• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I picked up the first game and DLC for cheap recently and, despite not spending too much time with it, I was actually surprised by how much I did enjoy the time I had with it. After seeing the trailer, I am totally in. I am very, VERY happy with the visual glow-up, and also SUPER pumped to see my man Jimmy looking good! Really excited for this one. The foundation was solid, and it seems they're building off of it wonderfully.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Time to dust out this old term

They Brawlified the stages lol

Pretty sweet though. Little worried that I didn't see everyone but I assume that's due to them not all being 100% ready to show with the visual upgrades yet.

I hope they didn't overdue it and cut Mikey and Leo to "make room" for Raph and Donnie.

Just bring everyone back, no reason not to.

Vlad being the main villain? I mean he's humanoid so I imagine that translated to a fighter. Bosses will likely be reserved for bigger characters imo.

Come on Manny, please show up

DLC confirmed and more than before. I'll be buying to hope for more.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, it feels like there's too much to talk about right now, so I'll just say a few things:

1. I'm loving the visual glow-up this game has. I honestly thought the first game looked pretty good, but the lighting and visuals for the sequel are looking great!

2. We got Squidward and Jimmy confirmed (Nice), I definitely saw Raphael and Donatello in there for brief moments, and most of the previous cast are coming back, including Jenny. Hopefully the whole cast from the first game returns.

3. I'm interested to see what exactly the new gameplay mechanics are gonna be beyond just the addition of supers, cause during the trailer I noticed there were points where a character was launched, they then paused in midair while still in the launch pose, and then the other fighter started attacking them again. I'm wanting to know what that's all about. Also, they mentioned new defensive options; I'm hoping that means a proper dodging mechanic, because the whole "guard plus directional input" thing from the first game was one of the few issues I had that wasn't related to Nickelodeon skimping on resources.

4. That's awesome that there's going to be a proper single-player campaign, alongside proper bosses if that boss rush mentioned is anything to go by. Also, I'm wondering if there's going to be dialogue between the characters involved this time.

5. Wow, they already revealed DLC for this game. That's gotta be a record. I'm definitely interested in seeing who's in.

6. So, I noticed that there are technically three versions of the game: the base version which is available now for pre-order at retails, a deluxe edition that includes the base game and the DLC, and an Ultimate Edition that includes all of the former plus some exclusive costumes for every character. I personally don't know how to feel about this.

So yeah, this looks great so far, and I'm hoping that the "More Info Coming Soon" for the different sections on the website mean that we'll be getting videos explaining some of these things in detail.

All in all, I'm excited!

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Man, this looks better that I was expecting, I wonder how many new base game characters there will be, also since boss rush was mentioned any guesses who the boss characters might be?

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Damn, that trailer was a huge glowup! It's early to say, but it's definitely great to see that the devs listened to the criticisms of the first game and are trying to make it into the best game it can be.

Well just as I was heading to bed I saw this…long Twitter post from the guy who gave us the following leaks:

• The first boxart
  • Danny sword
  • The second boxart
  • Also seems to support the original Squidward, Patrick and Danny leaks

I'm a little confused. I haven't really kept up with leak discourse so I didn't know the screenshot was an art test, but even if the El Tigre screenshot was fake didn't Jorge's response to it still soft-confirm El Tigre for the roster? IIRC he even said they got voice lines from the original VA.

Also unrelated, but this guy really does sound like an IRL Kevin lol

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My only concern is that with DLC/deluxe edition costumes being a thing, we still get 4 per character in the base game.

Would be a shame for them to cater to demands for more than 2 costume choices only to require us to pay extra.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as new stages, we've seen:

• Bun Wrestling Ring
  • Jimmy's Lab
  • San Lorenzo
  • Dragon Dance

Of those four, two match up with two of the newcomers we've seen: a SpongeBob stage for Squidward, and a Jimmy Neutron stage for, well, Jimmy Neutron.

And then there are two stages that seemingly aren't tied to a newcomer...but do connect to two pretty requested ones, Zuko and Arnold.

Arnold Bros...Zuko Bros...maybe?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as new stages, we've seen:

• Bun Wrestling Ring
  • Jimmy's Lab
  • San Lorenzo
  • Dragon Dance

Of those four, two match up with two of the newcomers we've seen: a SpongeBob stage for Squidward, and a Jimmy Neutron stage for, well, Jimmy Neutron.

And then there are two stages that seemingly aren't tied to a newcomer...but do connect to two pretty requested ones, Zuko and Arnold.

Arnold Bros...Zuko Bros...maybe?
There's apparently a stage based on the castle from the Loud House movie

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Based on factors like the stages we've seen, DLC already being announced, speculation that Vlad is boss-exclusive, and my personal belief that there isn't one single Nicktoons license you can pay for and get their whole catalog, I'll assume the rest of the base game newcomers are:

• Zuko
  • Arnold
  • Luna
  • One character from an already repped Klasky-Csupo show (Tommy/Angelica/Ickis/Krumm/Eliza/Donnie)
  • One character from an unrepped 90s show (Norbert/Daggett/Otto/Reggie)
  • One character from an unrepped 2000s show (El Tigre/Otis/Bessie/one of the Catscratch cats)
If it turns out Vlad is playable, replace my KC guess with him.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
There's apparently a stage based on the castle from the Loud House movie
Now the question remains, who’s it gonna be?

The Kevin dude saying the roster is “unpredictable at worst” has me crazy excited. I do want to see fan demanded characters, but the fun of crossovers like this is seeing the deep cuts and WTF picks. If any game is gonna deliver on that it’s going to be this one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The British chimneys and window shape match up really well with the Loud House Movie - also, IIRC, isn't Vlad's castle green all over?
Yeah it's been a while but isn't the whole thing Packers-colored? Lol

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I imagine the newer fighters will probably get a new stage to go with them, though likely with the exception of the Turtles. I expect that they'll only get one new stage between the two of them.

That said, with such a massive revamp to everything, I'm expecting the base roster to be a bit limited when it comes to new fighters since I imagine it was a heavy load on the team.

Maybe... Nine new base fighters plus the 4 DLC? I think everyone will probably come back.

So for those 9.

1. Squidward
2. Jimmy
3. Raphael
4. Donatello
5. Zuko
6. El Tigre
7. Arnold
8. Luna
9. Vlad

As for the DLC?
10. Otis
11. Daggett
12. Kitty
13. Otto

You can switch some of these around but I think the more surprising picks will be a bit more subdued in number this time around.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Oof, seems the game has analog control and horizontal attacks. ): Time to misinput side specials I guess.

EDIT: Slime meter sounds cool, really hope it's optional though.

EDIT 2: Unique single player voice lines!

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah the wording seems very vague. From my understanding it could just mean that some fighters that are often in predictions are not in the game, or maybe that some fan favorites didn't make the cut.

Top Bottom